Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
Apr 25, 6:26 AM

Saint Seiya maybe. I hardly remember.

First DVD would be Dragon Ball when Goku met with Nappa.

And first download I think it's Naruto.

デート・ア・ライブ
"I want to make him mine and become one with him."

Apr 25, 6:26 AM

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya was my first

Apr 25, 6:27 AM
Pokemon was probably my first one, but Death Note was the first one I knew was anime. Funny that it was only about 3 years ago; now I almost exclusively watch anime.

Apr 25, 6:39 AM
ホント人生は地獄だぜ!

First anime was Sailor Moon. Still really like it to this day

Apr 25, 6:41 AM
naruto on cartoon network... that was in 2006 or 2005

Apr 25, 6:42 AM
probably soul eater, someone in a 3ds chatroom was constantly going on about it

still haven't finished the thing

Apr 25, 7:35 AM

either pokemon or dragonball,

but I didn't seriously get into anime until i've watch naruto and one piece.

Apr 25, 8:43 AM

My first anime is Pokemon but I don't count it because I didn't have any knowledge about anime at that time. I thought all of them were cartoons. And I became to hate Pokemon and dropped it after watching Digimon Adventure so I'll say my first anime is Digimon.

Apr 25, 11:10 AM
Fire Slayer

Skennes said:
The first anime was for sure Dragon Ball Z back when I was a kid, so probably 14 years ago.

Same here, mid 90's I remember DBZ, Sailor Moon, maybe Robotech?

Apr 25, 11:15 AM
Monster rancher? Digimon? Maybe one of those, when I was 9 years old, last millennium. A handful of others like DBZ and yu Yu Hakusho, Inuyasha, until puberty hit. Then girls and sports, then girls and drugs took precedence over anime until my best friend showed me Death Note when I was 17. Then it was game over, and I've racked up 200 animes since then.
Modified by Rawrzxor, Apr 25, 11:18 AM

Apr 25, 11:21 AM

Pokémon, obviously.

The first anime I watched when trying to get into anime however, was OreImo. Because some troll shithead somewhere decided to recommend it. Which lead to a downwards spiral towards Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Princess Lover, and a bunch of other trash.

It wasn't until anime's last chance for me, where I decided to use the advanced search on MAL to find something more to my interests, that I found the Haruhi franchise which 'saved' anime for me. If I hadn't found it, I'd have crossed off anime as all garbage by now.

Apr 25, 11:25 AM
My first anime was One Piece, second was Naruto. Those animes were very popular in early 2000 in my country.

Apr 25, 11:39 AM
Doraemon, sailarmon,digimon, pokemon, dragon ball. every year the doraemon movie is out I definitely will watch it. is it still popular in japan?

Apr 25, 12:25 PM

Sailor Moon at the age of seven. I'd never seen any "dark" cartoons like that before. I watched all four seasons within days, and I am currently rewatching it.

Apr 25, 12:42 PM

Bleach. i started it in 2010 and watched some 60 episodes and left it. i completed it only last year xD.
the first anime i completed was death note, in 2014.

Apr 25, 12:50 PM
My first anime was Elfen Lied (dubbed). It was 3 years ago when on one fine day suddenly an urge came in my mind to watch anime and can you believe my first choice? Elfen Lied (started off with R18+!lol!) Since then it has been more 150+ anime and 100+ mangas.

Apr 25, 1:38 PM

My first anime was Death Note. I watched it 4-5 years ago when I was 11.

Because you made me believe you..I'm sure that the two of us will be always and forever
~Ai Subeki Sadist~

Apr 25, 2:29 PM
Besides Pokemon it was Cowboy Bebop on adult swim.

Apr 25, 2:50 PM

I don't quite remember, but it was something among Orphen, Sakura Wars, You're Under Arrest and... Something else
Late 90's

Apr 25, 2:54 PM
DBZ
next came pokemon, digimon, kickers and other 80s, 90s anime on TV

Apr 25, 3:40 PM
The first anime I ever saw was around four years ago when I watched SAO (Sword art Online). Now thinking back that anime is absolute trash after season 1 part a, so I dont recommend watching it.

Apr 25, 3:46 PM

My first was a movie and it was Spirited Away
My first show was Mirai Nikki (Future Diary) which to today I have re watched 7 times XD

Apr 25, 3:52 PM

Hana no Ko Lunlun (first unofficial) in 1990s and in 2005 I watched Shaman King (first official). Then I got a computer, Internet and discovered what anime was.

Apr 25, 7:14 PM
My first anime was Erased which I watched last year. I was going through a rough period in my life at that time and that was the first show that I watched which I truly connected with. It helped me escape for a while. Beforehand, I watched/analyzed movies and shows such as The Shawshank Redemption and Twin Peaks; but there was something new and refreshing about anime opposed to live action shows and I felt more connected to them. Ever since then I've had a love of anime.

Apr 25, 7:59 PM
Full metal alchemist brother and original love that shit (Only rewatched each series like 3 times lol)

Apr 25, 8:15 PM
If I exclude kid shows, then it would be D.Gray Man.

Apr 25, 8:21 PM
Not the 1st but the 1 that got me into anime

Kaichou wa Maid Sama

Apr 25, 8:23 PM
It was devil may cry (pretty shitty anime btw), but I didn't "get into anime" until a year later when I watched Yuyu Hakusho and Welcome to the NHK, I don't know wich one of those I watched first, tho.

Apr 25, 8:26 PM

gakuen alice i think...i was so young lmao
hi,i like you.

Apr 25, 8:28 PM
Probably Pokemon but that was way before I was actually watching anime 24/7. So.. Sword Art Online or Tokyo Ghoul?
1000-7?

Apr 25, 8:38 PM
Assuming we don't count stuff like Pokemon it was either Elfen Lied or Attack on Titan. Same night.

I had never seen anything like AoT so I was super hyped for that. We watched an episode in the middle of Elfen Lied (Or the OVA or something?) because my buddies were watching the show - so I had no clue what was going on.
I'm not saying Steins;Gate has to be your favourite show. But if you don't like it I'll have to drown you in Dr Pepper.

Sometimes I forget to check back when I post. If you really think I need to hear something it's best to just send me a message.

Apr 25, 8:49 PM
Probably Doraemon or Pokemon. really young when i started.
Online/steaming probably Death note honestly. it started my anime "fetish"
Darren Zheng
21zhengd360@gmail.com

Apr 25, 8:56 PM

I can't remember which anime I watched first but the first 3 I know I watched at a young age were, Pokmon, Dragonball(Z), and Sailor Moon.
The quickest way to achieve happiness is to avoid reality.

Apr 25, 9:05 PM
Fuck if I know, but it was either Sailor Moon, Pokemon, or Dragon Ball back in the 90's. Either one of those could be the first I watched. But at the time I didnt even know what anime was.

Now as for first anime knowing it was anime..... :/ ?

Apr 25, 11:06 PM

Yu Yu Hakusho! I remember watching scattered episodes on Toonami way back when. Rewatching the whole series hit me with a nostalgia bomb and it's the reason why I've started watching more anime!

Apr 25, 11:15 PM

redrum522 said:
Yu Yu Hakusho! I remember watching scattered episodes on Toonami way back when. Rewatching the whole series hit me with a nostalgia bomb and it's the reason why I've started watching more anime!

coincidence was about to say the same o.o, i was about kid that time around when i watched it and i still remember doing the raygun power move part lol..

Apr 25, 11:29 PM

For me, it would be Yu-gi-oh. Pokemon was an early one too.

Apr 26, 12:49 AM

As a kid when I barely knew what anime was, none other than Pokémon.

As an adult when I started getting more interested, none other than JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Apr 26, 1:02 AM

Bleach when I was like... 8 years old. I don't know, it was on TV for like a year and then it wasn't so I watched it all online super early in the morning before school.

Knowing what anime was though, it was Attack on Titan.

Apr 26, 2:15 AM

In my childhood pokemon
But if you aren't refering to those, then it's SAO

Yep..

Apr 26, 2:20 AM
Hmmm, when I was a kid I used to watch Doremon and Crayon Shin-Chan. After a while I played the Pokemon games and got into the anime.

However, the first not children anime I saw would be Sword Art Online (I think) or it could have been Nisekoi.

Apr 26, 3:18 AM

Cowboy Bebop took my virginity and it makes me extremely smug to be able to say that

something deep and edgy
thoughts posted while hanging off the ledgy
bitch sucking toes and prices of woes
cynical cries and sarcastic lies
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Apr 26, 3:20 AM

If we go to my very first it would be Pokemon and Inazuma Eleven, but if we stretch the rules a bit to specify ''proper'' anime then Food Wars (but dropped after one episode) and Kobayashi's Maid Dragon (fully watched).

Apr 26, 3:21 AM
an horror anime about sucidie something liek that

May 5, 1:13 AM
Pokemon is the first anime I ever watched

May 5, 5:16 AM
first one i saw, knowing that wasn't cartoon but anime, it's Full Metal Panic Fumoffu.
First one that i saw in japanese with subtitles is Bleach, but i thought that was just cartoon like Scooby Doo.

May 5, 5:20 AM

animejas said:
Like the title said, what was the first show you ever watched and when did you start watching anime?

Edit:- For me, my first ever anime was The Devil is a Part Timer! and I saw that around a year and a half ago in my friend's place when he introduced me to anime.
it was ninja Hattori when I was like 3-4 years old...but I continue watching anime after angel beats in the year 2017 may month.
THERE EXIST IN THIS WORLD SOMETHING NO ONE HAS EVER SEEN
ITS GENTLE SO VERY SWEET
THE GLIMPSES IS ALL IT TAKES TO MAKE A PERSON CRAVE IT

THAT'S WHY ITS NEVER BEEN SEEN

THAT'S WHY THE WORLD HAS KEPT HIDDEN
MAKING IT DIFFICULT TO OBTAIN
BUT ONE DAY,IT WILL BE FOUND
BY THE PERSON WHO IS MEANT TO FIND IT. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT WORKS.
"

May 5, 5:21 AM

Probably Inuyasha, Mirumo de Pon, Pokemon, Yugioh which aired on our local television back then.

For the first anime episodes I've watched when I was starting to get into the medium were Fate/Zero, NGNL and Nanatsu no Taizai although the first anime I've completed was SAO :p and the rest of those I've finished years later

May 5, 5:34 AM

NGE and i was like this character is so much how i was when i was like 8. It was subbed so i have probably mised half of the story yet i realy liked it, big robots, touchy story, i fall in love with anime because of this anime. Even today i think its probably the best anime.
This world is so small but we still cant find our ways.

May 7, 10:31 AM
the first anime i saw was probably honda no accord from 2009, it has good safety features for a family car

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »