Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2018 6:29 AM
Jun 2017
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
They did a fine job adapting this part I think, although it was the weakest part of the manhua in my opinion.

I do wish they spent more time establishing how Tracy feels about going outside instead of a couple of single throw-away lines or comments.

The changes to when Dennis meets Jin again were interesting, and I think better tied into the themes of the episode than the original interaction from the manhua would have. I'm curious what they'll do with Dennis' fake name for English subs/the Japanese dub, because Dannisi in Mandarin becoming Piannisi makes one worry about English pronunciation...
Apr 23, 2018 3:28 PM
Oct 2014
Was a pretty good ep. Now i really want to see how the situation will evolve.

Btw, for the French sub we did, we translated Piannisi by Pianis. I mean, its absolutely disgusting, but if Tanisi become Tanis, so it's seems ok to translate Piannisi by Pianis ahah xD
Apr 24, 2018 3:21 PM

Sep 2013
It felt weird to me that the old teacher would accept to meet him just to tell him he was also a monster but well, I guess that will have a meaning later.

Also I think in the japanese dub they changed the name from Tanis to Canis not sure tho, can't really point out the difference.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 24, 2018 7:47 PM
Feb 2018
OriharaShinra said:
It felt weird to me that the old teacher would accept to meet him just to tell him he was also a monster but well, I guess that will have a meaning later.

Also I think in the japanese dub they changed the name from Tanis to Canis not sure tho, can't really point out the difference.

Episode 2 has only just come out today though (subbed I mean) I guess we're gonna be a week behind schedule :S. Unless you know of a site that has ep 3 subbed?
Apr 24, 2018 8:01 PM

Sep 2013
Heiach said:
OriharaShinra said:

Episode 2 has only just come out today though (subbed I mean) I guess we're gonna be a week behind schedule :S. Unless you know of a site that has ep 3 subbed?

Oh yeah, I am watching it raw. I meant that I couldn't fully understand the audio of how the name changed.
"It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious."
FAL SPRING 2019 Rank 650 FAL FALL 2019 Rank 136
Apr 24, 2018 8:52 PM

Jun 2015
The teacher was really mean at them. She shouldn't met with them in the first place if she doesn't like them. Poor Tanis didn't like it when she said that. Suishi's ability sure came in handy for talking back at her. That was great.
Apr 25, 2018 10:36 PM

Mar 2010
Suishi is definitely the best out of the siblings with her quick thinking and good use of her skill, Tanis got a serious reality check in this episode which he desperately needed and I don't blame the teacher for seeing him in that light as he pre much looked down on her the whole time she was tutoring him which would give the confidence of most adults a knock.
Apr 30, 2018 9:20 AM
Feb 2018
Suishi (Or Tracy, however you want to call her) just replaced Alace as best girl. Characters who can’t show emotion are always so interesting, and the fact that you can tell she cares deeply for Tanis without facial expression is great. As for the episode itself, loved it. Tracy was straight savage towards the teacher and I was laughing out loud on my rewatch.
May 2, 2018 5:29 AM

Jul 2015
So to sum up this episode the city sucks and having a relative that can read minds is pretty freaking sweet and saves you a lot of trouble.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
May 2, 2018 12:18 PM

Jan 2015
Well, that was kind of depressing... As others have said, I struggle to wonder why the old tutor would even agree to meet with them, if she was harboring such disdainful feelings toward them. But, we see that it was even more deep-rooted than that, with her air of self importance and pomposity already having ruined two prior relationships. Otherwise, it was nice to see Tannis running into Sumire again. Albeit briefly. I think his having introduced himself as 'Kannis' was because of his nerves and frustration over what the tutor had said about them. In that moment, I think he misspoke. But then, playing over his mind her hateful, hurtful words, he embraced his mistake, because at that very moment, he'd wished he could've been anybody else. So, he allowed Sumire to think he was a foreigner and such, because if she knew who he really was, if she learned of his fantastic intelligence, she too might spurn and fear him. I very much doubt that that's true, but if he believes it, that's all that matters.
~ sXeblues - Reviews on Youtube ~
May 3, 2018 9:20 AM

Nov 2011
The episode brings out in all its cruelty the actions of people, who in the narration materialize in the city and in the teacher. The first with its innumerable traps and the second in resentment, in the desire to humiliate and to assert its position of advantage over that of the protagonists, marginalized by society. I was a bit sick when the woman throws up all her frustration on Tannis just because she does not understand the fact that he is just a child, but I was consoled by hearing the words of Suishi, who responds in kind to the woman. Understanding Tannis's refusal to reveal his real name, after having been so traumatized by that woman. Too bad that this anime, does not have a graphic quality at the height of the story.
May 3, 2018 12:23 PM

Dec 2014
ok this was a good episode makes you want to sympathize more with the characters
May 3, 2018 4:39 PM
Feb 2015
Nice to see how serious and dark this episode 3 got.
May 4, 2018 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
Optimistic genius discovers how everyone in the mainland is a piece of shit.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 12 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

20 by Akiraroyt »»
Jun 10, 2023 12:41 AM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 10 Discussion

ibraheem234 - Sep 10, 2018

2 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 1:16 PM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 6 Discussion

Stormswell - May 11, 2018

15 by Opor97 »»
Nov 7, 2020 9:57 AM

Poll: » Shiyan Pin Jiating Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

67 by ZdloraH »»
Jan 14, 2020 9:52 PM

» Is Shiyan Pin Jiating 12 Eps or 11?

nattadasu - Oct 26, 2019

0 by nattadasu »»
Oct 26, 2019 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.