Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 3 Discussion

Apr 21, 2018 1:33 PM

Karen is so cute. Cant wait for next eps.

Apr 21, 2018 1:39 PM
The Shrike

Zaigham_69 said:
Not a huge fan of this episode since the action slowed down considerably. Also goddamn LLENN, you're beautiful irl. Why want to be a loli instead of a beauty?

I ask myself this every time her "real life "character comes on screen. Anime logic. I suppose the creepier otaku out there prefer a vertically challenged childlike character.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 21, 2018 1:44 PM
Farabeuf said:
Zaigham_69 said:
Not a huge fan of this episode since the action slowed down considerably. Also goddamn LLENN, you're beautiful irl. Why want to be a loli instead of a beauty?

I ask myself this every time her "real life "character comes on screen. Anime logic. I suppose the creepier otaku out there prefer a vertically challenged childlike character.

You might be overlooking the reality context, in which individual STANDS OUT in a society, in which at least physically the individual is a minority (self/other). And so on for 20 years. Yes, of course it all sounds stupid, but it happens just like that. In a stupid way, when there is seemingly no conflict, yet people are afraid to take the first step in either direction. This could have been an autobiography, except the fact that actual tall girls get picked out to become models or some unneeded crap like idols, in Japan. Otherwise, there is no fault in the premise, and the message is being shaped nicely.
Re:formed

Apr 21, 2018 1:45 PM
DedPanda said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

The only kind of women endowed by nature with great genes. I will be taking that, hopefully.

I see you are a person of quality tastes.

Can't help it, got to make sure offspings are not gnomes.

Apr 21, 2018 1:53 PM

Daniel_Naumov said:
DedPanda said:

I see you are a person of quality tastes.

Can't help it, got to make sure offspings are not gnomes.

A comrade indeed. *nods*
Don't believe the hype.

Apr 21, 2018 1:58 PM

It's kinda cool but dumb that the author took advantage of how Reki Kawahara's dumbass would create a shooter game world without a team-style tournament in order to include the sponsor character.
Swagernator said:
Girl you're about to enter battle royale mode, there is only one thing you can do with that knife ... yes, you will murder people.

I don't know, but i'm actually enjoying this SAO, i like the MC characters and i like the irl tall MC even more lol.

Also

I'm guessing the sponsor character is M-san. It makes sense to introduce him so he can appear later.

Apr 21, 2018 2:03 PM
The poor 4th wall was broken into a million pieces and then had fireworks set off on top of its debris... it was awesome.

And this anime still keeps patching every problem the ln had...

Can't wait for the action to resume next week!

Apr 21, 2018 2:03 PM
Somebody can explain me how a Japanese could send a message to the company that manages GGO and I get them to include a new kind of tournament. but the Japanese GOVERNMENT "could not" contact the administrators to solve a POSSIBLE CASE OF HOMICIDE ??

"The two final players formed pairs." sHe made reference to Sinon and Kirito, is not it?

The singer is taking such relevance in the story that I would not be surprised if in the end she is Pito-san in real life
and M-san maybe his bodyguard

PD: Google translator, I speak Spanish

Modified by FireCrauter, Apr 21, 2018 2:48 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.

Apr 21, 2018 2:06 PM

Farabeuf said:
Zaigham_69 said:

183 santimeters is quite tall for a girl even by European standards and in Japan 170+ sm is already considered tall even for men. Yes, otaku, like cute girls, but it has nothing to do with this case. She stands out to much and she has all the reason to have a complex.

Also, considering how Pito spoke about SJ sponsor, Sigsawa is not a stranger to self-irony. Also, the charecters look in the anime was even modeled from him.
Modified by Nachtwandler_21, Apr 21, 2018 3:21 PM

Apr 21, 2018 2:46 PM

Pito is probably talking about Kirito & Sinon there at the start.

I see so it was Pito who got LLENN & M as a team.

You can tell how much of a combat expert M is just by watching him train M, all those drills and exercises were very useful.

I actually like taller girls, I'm not tall myself, only 175-177 but for some reason I just like them being tall.

That was a really nice fan letter she wrote to Elsa Kanazaki.

Looking forward to the next episode.

Apr 21, 2018 3:51 PM
I quite like M, I hope he appears more and gets some good development with LLENN. Characters like him normally sit in the background, die early, or appear in a single arc/couple of episodes, so I hope we see more. The analytical, realist gamer really isn't portrayed often even in gaming anime, even though they make up a large portion of the people who play said games.
Also, MC irl is drop dead gorgeous, she could be a model. Shame she hates herself so much.

Apr 21, 2018 4:25 PM
Why do I get the feeling that Pito is that famous singer that LLENN likes.

Apr 21, 2018 4:52 PM

... more introduction... Can we get on with the match now?

Apr 21, 2018 5:08 PM
SAO Alternative: GGO is the anime adaptation of Fortnite, don't @ me

Apr 21, 2018 5:55 PM

Ew, teams of 2 to 6 can participate. Noticed it in episode 1 but this is a stupid rule. They should have made it a requirement for all to have the same specific amount.

Also the school girls she keeps walking past, one of them is clearly standing out from the rest.

I'm assuming the two that teamed up that Pito talked about in the last BoB was Kirito and Sinon?

M showing off his gun with the barrel between his legs towards LLENN on the ground with her saying it's big. Hmm...

Apr 21, 2018 5:57 PM

At what point do they reveal that Pito is the musician that LLENN loves lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy

Apr 21, 2018 5:59 PM

Well, I'm actually enjoying this anime.
It has guns, I like guns; using games as escape; cute characters, and not cute characters than can be interesting too; real life events and no edgy threat like in SAO.

I'll expand a bit more.
I like guns, I play many games with guns and to be honest my favorite arc in SAO was the GGO arc. Not just because of Sinon but the actual game. Removing Kirito from all this was a great choice.

Using games (or anime, or anything) as escape? We all do. The difference lies in what each one of us chooses (and is able to) to escape from "reality". Some people chooses drugs, some others alcohol, some others women, some other people choose videogames. I like the scene in which Pitohui said "I'm doing the same" as it made me realize of something so trivial and obvious that I ignored. Everyone has a reason to be there. Who is she really? What is she there? Not just to have fun, really, why? If you can't do it in real life better do it here, and make a lot of noise.

Cute characters? Well of course! Cute characters sell, let's not deny it but the contrast of cuteness and badassery in this show is kinda cool. Llenn all super pink, yet she yells "I'm gonna kill everyone" hahaha or Pito, well, she goes around looking hot and killing everything (also getting shot by Sinon). M is the only not cute-girl character but I expect him to be good. I mean, I think there's a reason they didn't make him into a pretty boy (let alone making a second Kirito)

And finally, NO EDGY DEATH SENTENCE PLOT! Just ordinary people dealing with real life problems using videogames. Wonderful.

Woo, this comment ended up being longer than I expected it to be. I hope someone reads it all xD

[Softsubs > HardsubsFansubs > fast subsDarkmantis - @HumbertoZero]________________
How to read Fate/Strange Fake Light novel________________

Apr 21, 2018 6:22 PM

It's kinda weird how bad the exposition is in this anime. The cool stuff they showed off in episode 1 is being explained to us in episode 3 at a slow and monotonous pace of back-and-forths between characters. I know they gotta show how LLENN learnt this stuff but can't they just cut out all this unneeded bullshit.

The part where she writes the fan letter seems to be this idea taken to the extreme, basically summing up what we've already seen and know from the past two episodes in such a bland manner with music in the background with Karen monologuing.

The only cool part of the episode was M and LLENN "interacting" on the training grounds. What ruined the scene though was that M was narrating everything LLENN was doing, it felt like I was listening to a radio show rather than watching an anime at that point and it kinda seems a waste of the medium.

Can the story board artists and animators just slap the writers and director for basically creating a filler episode which seems ripped straight from the pages of a light novel.

Apr 21, 2018 6:48 PM

why did we get what felt like a recap covered up as her doing a fan letter in the middle of the episode , it was alright kinda wish they skipped showing most of the match from the first episode if it was so close to happening.

and M my guy chill with the knife CQC homie acting like were about to murder some real fools doubt this VR is that in depth but you know anime so it could be

Apr 21, 2018 6:52 PM

LLENN is cute and adorable but in life she's is a tall beauty. How great is that?

It was nice to show the background and rules of SJ. M's combat training and knife CQC tactics will prove really useful. LLENN will be really deadly in in close combat. Would love to see her kill an enemy with that knife so she needs to have her own and probably an additional sidearm in case P-chan ran out of bullets. But chances of running out is kinda low since she carries 6 mags.

Looking forward in getting back to gun action next episode. Its another week of waiting. Sigh
Modified by Magito, Apr 21, 2018 7:40 PM

Apr 21, 2018 7:08 PM

Karkeys said:
It's kinda weird how bad the exposition is in this anime. The cool stuff they showed off in episode 1 is being explained to us in episode 3 at a slow and monotonous pace of back-and-forths between characters. I know they gotta show how LLENN learnt this stuff but can't they just cut out all this unneeded bullshit.

Can the story board artists and animators just slap the writers and director for basically creating a filler episode which seems ripped straight from the pages of a light novel.

This is a light novel adaptation and those scenes are in the novel. They can't cut it because those scenes are important clues for future development.

Apr 21, 2018 7:27 PM

another episode of Gun Gale Online brought to you by National Rifle Association.

The author is alt right btw.

Apr 21, 2018 8:13 PM

yea, kanzaki is pito because if she wasn't then they wouldnt show her writing the letter lol no point tbh

Apr 21, 2018 8:56 PM

Congintive said:
And there goes another one on my dropped list this is the 3rd one of this season well whatever.

What's so bad about it exactly?

Apr 21, 2018 9:06 PM

TsukuyomiREKT said:
Congintive said:
And there goes another one on my dropped list this is the 3rd one of this season well whatever.

What's so bad about it exactly?

I mostly dropped anime because of the characters and imo this anime characters are just boring at least the original SAO has some good characters.

Apr 21, 2018 9:11 PM

Yeah Pito is definitely Elsa lol
My Queens

Apr 21, 2018 10:02 PM

Guess her new friends get introduced next. I'm talking about the shorter group she keeps passing. I find it hard to believe they'd be close in age, but just in case... Considering most people prefer friends their own age.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)

Apr 21, 2018 10:49 PM

Pretty solid episode. I think this is.. or at least SHOULD be the last episode of character introductions. We'll get into some action and some fites accompanied by some bombs. I'm also on the side that believes Pito is that singing woman. Don't have much to say about this episode honestly. Feel like not a lot happened.
[

Apr 22, 2018 12:19 AM

So a battle royale, but everyone can start with their chosen weapons. Basically just a survival game. Wait...teams of 2-6? Isn't that a little unfair? And does everyone have unlimited ammo? Oh...they don't...can they loot ammo though?

LLENN is the leader for one obvious reason: LIVE BAIT! And a knife? Screw the P90! With that agility, just bum rush everyone and KNIFE! Let M spot, and have LLENN sneak up on them and KNIFE!

So much for Pito's hidden identity. The song and letter pretty much gave it away. But I guess she's hiding it because you know...idols and popular singers and their fanbase. We'll just have to wait until Pito and LLENN meet in real life, but I won't find it that surprising...

Apr 22, 2018 12:42 AM

I love this show, I'm so excited to see more of the Squad Jam, I feel they started with the Squad Jam right away just to get viewers attention, instead of starting with the past 2 episodes, but I like the build up and characters outside of the battle scenarios too!

Let's do our best P-Chan!!

"I've always wanted to be short and cute."
"Everything not saved will be lost."

大好きだよ。

Apr 22, 2018 1:09 AM

I think it's obvious now that Pito is Elsa, the idol that Karen really likes. If it is the case, then I do look forward to seeing Karen's reaction to that. =)

This episode had more info dumping, but it was still fascinating and enjoyable to watch. How the Squad Jam event came to be and how LLENN first met M was pretty cool.

I won't deny that LLENN is super cute, but her real life self, Karen, is one babe though. I like them both equally, but I'm sure that Karen will start to like the way she is eventually. =D

Anyway, now that the episode caught up to the start of the SJ, it should resume from where the event left off in episode one, If the title for the next episode is anyway to go about, I'm guessing the upcoming battles will be more intense than we saw in episode one.

Apr 22, 2018 1:56 AM

so is this completely different from the original sao?

Apr 22, 2018 2:02 AM
Draconix814 said:
Really nice episode. I bet Pito is the singer she's writing to and M is either her brother or bodyguard.

That's what I thought as well!! Else no point of them to show the writing letter part when there's no link. Standalone wise, it doesn't add depth nor emotion too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 22, 2018 2:44 AM
2 eps only for back story, hmmm

Apr 22, 2018 3:07 AM

Daniel_Naumov said:
Farabeuf said:

You might be overlooking the reality context, in which individual STANDS OUT in a society, in which at least physically the individual is a minority (self/other). And so on for 20 years. Yes, of course it all sounds stupid, but it happens just like that. In a stupid way, when there is seemingly no conflict, yet people are afraid to take the first step in either direction. This could have been an autobiography, except the fact that actual tall girls get picked out to become models or some unneeded crap like idols, in Japan. Otherwise, there is no fault in the premise, and the message is being shaped nicely.

Well I agree that the premise is being shaped nicely, but you're probably correct. I live in a society with mostly tall people so I don't know the struggles of a tall female in Japan
'Time and titles do not matter in the bonds between people'

Apr 22, 2018 3:28 AM
such a boring episode.

Apr 22, 2018 3:57 AM
Groen90 said:
dash5611 said:
Another good episode.

So did the author write himself into the story? And did he get to voice that character? I heard he's a gun nut, so that would be pretty cool.

yeah, I'm curious to know if it was actually him that voiced, uh, himself

Yes, he does his 'own' voice.

Apr 22, 2018 4:18 AM

So I am someone who somehow got major spoilers and dissapointments on the original SAO that I end up staying away. GGO being a spin off honestly gave me a fresh air since I don’t have to see the main OP dude as the lead.

Instead, I get Karen, and her pet peeve for being tall hit me right at home, without the size complex, but playing as a fairly decent 2D anime girl with punches is enough to keep me in high spirits, and learned a lot from MMOs! I hope our lead girl can build up her confidenxe again with her dream avatar in spiral link!

Oh boy Puto..!! And M... This should be interesting!

"Everyone go love Cyan!"

Apr 22, 2018 4:41 AM

I wonder if they will show us ep1 again next week.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.

Apr 22, 2018 4:44 AM

Too much exposition, and most of it we already knew from episode 1.

Apr 22, 2018 4:50 AM

Aww man I really liked this episode. Especially the part where M was getting an Idea on LLenns abilities. This made it feel like an actual Video Game. This anime has been doing a really good job with that.

Pretty sure Pito is Elsa all the signs are pointing that way. Now who is M??? Hmm

Also I'm pretty sure this takes place after the Death Game incident. Pito mentions being taken out by a Sniper and how there were two people who worked together in BoB...but the title of the next episode makes me reconsider that thought process. If Pito was taken out by Sinon though then thats pretty awesome.

I love Karen more and more each week.
Modified by SoraSenpai, Apr 22, 2018 4:59 AM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Winter 2021 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 22, 2018 5:20 AM
SoraSenpai said:
Aww man I really liked this episode. Especially the part where M was getting an Idea on LLenns abilities. This made it feel like an actual Video Game. This anime has been doing a really good job with that.

Pretty sure Pito is Elsa all the signs are pointing that way. Now who is M??? Hmm

Also I'm pretty sure this takes place after the Death Game incident. Pito mentions being taken out by a Sniper and how there were two people who worked together in BoB...but the title of the next episode makes me reconsider that thought process. If Pito was taken out by Sinon though then thats pretty awesome.

Icant wait to see karen meeting pitou irl.
I bet pitou would be like, "whoa LLENN, you're so huge..
soo cool! (hugging karen)"

Apr 22, 2018 5:52 AM
hitomila said:
so is this completely different from the original sao?

It is what the title states - an alternative story, a spin-off, if you like. It happens in the same world after the Death Gun incident Kirito solved, it is just the story is taking another direction from villains and heroes and approaches social struggle instead.

Apr 22, 2018 5:57 AM

Ganbare, P-chan <3

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."

Apr 22, 2018 6:19 AM

Im sure kanzaki elsa is pito, and M is a irl professional.
And about the fan letter LMAO
uninstallthegame said:
also, who the fuck writes fan letters like that? "today i played cs:go and killed some nubs from p50, i really like the recoil of that gun and my sticker of dickbutt on it"
There is no greater agony than reminiscing happy times while suffering

MAL score and most user based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind
Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a references

Apr 22, 2018 6:37 AM

I like the pacing on how their preparation for SJ was condensed in this episode, I almost thought they'll exclude the knife lesson.

They didn't reference Sinon name, mentioned directly (in LN it is), they just referred her as the sniper who fight along with another player, which is probably kirito.

lol that author 4th wall break, gun freak and novelist

Apr 22, 2018 7:08 AM
Bunnies 🍓

I can relate to Karen aka LLENN for being tall. Sometimes being short is just better because you don’t stand out as much.
M sure knows a lot on how to kill. Like his detailed explanations irl it would be something a bodyguard would do if presented with danger.

Apr 22, 2018 8:03 AM

Anybody else was disturbed by the knife scene? Teaching LLENN how to use it is one thing, but M goes on very specific details like slashing the neck and stabbing the eye feels a bit creepy.

Apr 22, 2018 10:00 AM

nina444 said:
SoraSenpai said:

Icant wait to see karen meeting pitou irl.
I bet pitou would be like, "whoa LLENN, you're so huge..
soo cool! (hugging karen)"

Well if Pito does end up being Elsa I dont even think she will bring up her height. Because she knows that it's the reason why she's on GGO.

I think they'll just hug it out and it will be freaking adorable.

They have to meet IRL.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Winter 2021 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 22, 2018 10:16 AM
guys ... i think i found best girl again. im still a zero two lover but this girl could be a contender for her spot.

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

Preview MangaManga Store