Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 20, 2018 9:52 AM

Apr 2018
I have a PS4 and a Vita. Can you recommend me some good JRPGs? (I've already played Persona 4 Golden, TLOH:Trails of Cold Steel and Digimonstory Cybersleuth)

Edit:Changed TLOF to TLOH
mcoachAug 8, 2018 6:19 PM

Apr 20, 2018 9:57 AM

Mar 2018
Do you dig cute girls? If you do, you should give Hyperdimension Neptunia series on PS Vita a try. It's my 2nd favorite JRPG series (1st is Persona). Atelier series follows close. Quote me or comment on my profile if you want more details.

Apr 20, 2018 10:12 AM
Nov 2017
Try Disgaea 5 (tactical)

Apr 20, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2018
Renkini said:
Do you dig cute girls? If you do, you should give Hyperdimension Neptunia series on PS Vita a try. It's my 2nd favorite JRPG series (1st is Persona). Atelier series follows close. Quote me or comment on my profile if you want more details.

Thanks for your recommendation. I'll probably try Atelier. I haven't seen Hyperdimension Neptunia before. What is it about?

Apr 20, 2018 10:24 AM

Apr 2018
Cybertron said:
Try Disgaea 5 (tactical)
Thanks. It looks fun.

Apr 20, 2018 10:31 AM
Nov 2017
Mcoach said:
Cybertron said:
Try Disgaea 5 (tactical)
Thanks. It looks fun.

Actually Disgaea series might be a bit hard to get into so watch some youtube video before deciding. since you have played the cold steel series try Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana made by the same developers. Don't worry about the number they are their own story

Apr 20, 2018 10:45 AM

Mar 2018
Mcoach said:
Renkini said:

Thanks for your recommendation. I'll probably try Atelier. I haven't seen Hyperdimension Neptunia before. What is it about?

It's about the girls who're personification of game consoles (PlayStation, Wii, Xbox) and console war which parodies rivalry between Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft.

What stands out the most is colorful and fun gameplay which encourages you to grind a lot. And a lot of meta jokes about other popular games and anime which'll make you either smile or laugh the more knowledge you have.

The drawbacks are the story which sometimes stupid, sometimes repetitive because they want to keep the jokes. (Like, forcing you to fight the same boss thrice just to make the joke "how many times are we gonna fight this boss? Can't he die?") and recycling, which you'll see only a small amount of improvements and new things in sequels. (Infamous as Recycled-dimension Neptunia among fans :D)

Apr 20, 2018 10:46 AM

Oct 2017
Disgaea 5 can be a blast once you understand the mechanics. Very fun specially on Switch or Vita cuz the Item World (infinite Dungeons) make the best portable game experience.

Also - Valkyria Chronicles Remaster

Apr 20, 2018 6:11 PM

Aug 2016
For turn-based RPGs: Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster, Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, and Persona 5 on PS4. The Vita has a lot of PS1 Classics like Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX, Persona 1, Persona 2: Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment, and Xenogears.
For action-RPGs: .hack//G.U. Last Recode, Bloodborne, Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMIX, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom, NieR:Automata, Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Ys Origin, and Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana on PS4. The Vita has Parasite Eve and most of the rest of the Ys series.
Apr 20, 2018 6:23 PM

Dec 2017
Persona 5 is a must play for any JRPG fan.
Apr 20, 2018 7:10 PM

Nov 2009
Persona 5, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross.
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 20, 2018 7:40 PM
Jul 2017
Try Valkyria Chronicles. It has been released in english on Steam. If you like turn based strategy games, this game may just be for you. It can be boring at start, but you'll gonna love it once you played for few hours.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3502 by Lost_Viking »»
1 hour ago

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Yesterday

2 by DesuMaiden »»
5 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
6 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Yesterday

18 by FanofAction »»
6 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

46 by Firwik_Howlo »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.