Forum Settings
Forums

New Mobile Suit Project 'Gundam Narrative' Announced

New
Apr 20, 2018 4:02 AM

Nov 2007
UC NexT 0100, a new project set after Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's Counterattack and Gundam Unicorn has announced the first of three series in the line-up during the new Gundam series announcement press conference held on Friday. Titled Mobile Suit Gundam Narrative (NT), the movie will screen in Japanese theaters this November. The ticket will be pre-sold during the premiere of final episode of Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin on May 5.

Synopsis
It's the 0097 year of the Universal Century and one year after the opening of the Federation's known threat: Laplace's Box. Despite the revelation of a charter acknowledging Newtype's rights and existence, there were no significant changes that have occurred. The "Laplace Conflict" has appeared to have ended along with the collapse of "The Sleeves," the remnants of a Neo Zeon faction. In the final battle, two full-Psycoframe mobile suits will be showing the power that exceeds human knowledge. Known to be the white unicorn and the black lion, these two suits were sealed away from human consciousness and should have been forgotten. However, RX-0 Unicorn Gundam 03, a mobile suit that went missing two years ago has made its appearance on Earth once again: the Golden Phenex.

Staff
Director: Shunichi Yoshizawa (Tiger & Bunny Movie 1: The Beginning unit director)
Script: Harutoshi Fukui (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn: One of Seventy Two)
Character Design: Se Jun Kim (Gundam Build Fighters key animation)
Mechanical Design: Hajime Katoki (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn), Eiji Komatsu (Fate/stay night Movie: Unlimited Blade Works key animation)
Color Design: Takako Suzuki (Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt)
Director of Photography: Kentarou Waki (God Eater)
Art Director: Yukiko Maruyama (One Punch Man), Yoshimi Mineta (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED background art)
Special Effects: Kumiko Taniguchi (Summer Wars)
Sound Director: Eriko Kimura (Tiger & Bunny)
Edit: Daisuke Imai (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096)
Music: Hiroyuki Sawano (Koutetsujou no Kabaneri)
Studio: Sunrise First Studio

Characters

Yona Bashuta
25 years old. Earth Federation Space Force. Second lieutenant. A pilot of the Gundam Narrative that was sent for the "Phenex Hunting" plan. Michelle and Rita are his childhood friends. He has previously faced a disaster in Australia when he was young.

Michelle Luio
25 years old. Special adviser to Luio & Co. A good bamboo-stick divination fortune-teller with strong connections from political and business figures. She will also be helping out carry the "Phenex Hunting" plan aboard the Clop-class space cruiser Damascus.

Rita Bernal
25 years old. Earth Federation Space Force. Second lieutenant. The pilot of the Unicorn Gundam 03 Phenex that went missing two years ago. Along with her childhood friend Yona, she has faced a disaster in Australia when she was young and was called one of the "miracle children."

Sunrise's Gundam franchise has been ongoing since the first TV anime series was released in April 1979 It was followed by Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta in 1985,, ZZ in 1986, the film Char's Counterattack in 1988, SD in 1988, 0080 in 1989, F91 and 0083 in 1991, Victory, G in 1994, Wing in 1995, The 08th MS Team and After War Gundam X in 1996, Turn A in 1999, SEED in 2002, 00 in 2007, Unicorn in 2010, AGE in 2011, Build Fighters in 2013, G no Reconguista in 2014, The Origin and Iron-Blooded Orphans, Thunderbolt in 2015, Twilight AXIS in 2017, and this year's currently airing Divers.

PV

Note: The video is region-locked; click here for an alternative link.

Source: Official site

Kidou Senshi Gundam Narrative on MAL
Sakana-sanMay 4, 2018 12:25 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Apr 20, 2018 4:05 AM

Nov 2007
Oh boy! This is the real deal! Mecha is saved!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 20, 2018 4:14 AM

Apr 2014
as usual, angsty teen mecha pilot. "25yo" didnt read :p
holy shiet its Phenex!
Apr 20, 2018 4:14 AM

Oct 2015
shanimebib said:

too bad new UC beside origin suck, and this is just gonna make F91 canon
When i'm a holocaust denier and i'm in a rewriting history competion and my opponent are anime/gacha fans
Apr 20, 2018 4:27 AM

Jan 2018
Ehh, a new brand of mecha anime. Gundam Narrative, sounds like they're gonna include a long narrative to help audience understand better. Ah, region locked PV :/
Apr 20, 2018 4:42 AM

Apr 2016
Another Gundam show that pretends its not a pokemon show.
Apr 20, 2018 5:11 AM
Jan 2016
I want to be interested in this, but the director & screenwriter are . . . not that exciting. At least the PV looks decent.

shanimebib said:

What an optimism. I applaud you for that.
Apr 20, 2018 5:39 AM

Apr 2012
So, is this a new TV series in the Gundam franchise? Or did I misunderstand something? Just, only recently was announced the second season of 00.
Apr 20, 2018 5:40 AM

Sep 2011
Yay more late UC, im so sick of the constant one year war wanking, that setting has been explored to death and really limits the creativity possible to add onto this timeline.

I'm pretty hopeful for this one, wish it were more than just a movie so hopefully it wont get f91 syndrome.

RobertBobert said:
So, is this a new TV series in the Gundam franchise? Or did I misunderstand something? Just, only recently was announced the second season of 00.
this is a movie and theres rumors that there are actually going to be 3 gundam movies one of which will be an adaption of hathaway's flash, 00's new project is still unknown whether it will be a tv show or a movie though i think people are assuming TV series. But the sequel is confirmed, im not sure why mal never went around to posting an article about it.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 20, 2018 5:46 AM

Apr 2012
@JizzyHitler I see.... I watched only three series under the Gundam brand (except for the original, which I watched in my childhood and almost do not remember), so this franchise is like quicksand for me.
Apr 20, 2018 5:49 AM

Nov 2007
JizzyHitler said:
00's new project is still unknown whether it will be a tv show or a movie though i think people are assuming TV series. But the sequel is confirmed, im not sure why mal never went around to posting an article about it.
The only "official" news about it is the director's tweets about there will be new project (still not clear even if it will be anime yet) and that the announcement will be further ahead (which is just the director hinting there is more, not officially announced). There's not much news and I don't think now is the time to announce it. We will announce when it is officially announced.
tsubasaloverApr 20, 2018 5:54 AM
Apr 20, 2018 6:24 AM

Nov 2007
hazecloud said:
Ah, region locked PV :/

Here is the region unlocked version from the official channel.

Better quality than the dailymotion reupload obviously.

TheServant said:
shanimebib said:

Well, while a certain other mecha anime is focusing on waifus than actual mecha, I cannot but feel optimistic about something that will most definitely have a more mature tone to it with all the political stuff which makes a mecha anime... Gundam.

Also, the Gundam designs are SEX for me. The only anime related merchandise I ever collected in my life are Gundams so I am stoked for this.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Apr 20, 2018 6:32 AM

Jan 2018
shanimebib said:
hazecloud said:
Ah, region locked PV :/

Here is the region unlocked version from the official channel.

Better quality than the dailymotion reupload obviously.

TheServant said:

Well, while a certain other mecha anime is focusing on waifus than actual mecha, I cannot but feel optimistic about something that will most definitely have a more mature tone to it with all the political stuff which makes a mecha anime... Gundam.

Also, the Gundam designs are SEX for me. The only anime related merchandise I ever collected in my life are Gundams so I am stoked for this.

On a second thought, the gundam is lit. I probably gonna have to finish rewatching seed soon to continue on this one.
Apr 20, 2018 7:54 AM

Nov 2007
Report: https://natalie.mu/comic/news/279090
Apr 20, 2018 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
I'm more interested in the Hathaway's Flash trilogy. The Gundam Narrative looks meh, but it may end up being like the F90 (speaking of F90, why hasn't that been adapted into anime? I've played the game adaptation Formula Wars 0122 before, but I'm surprised F90 never got at least an animated movie).

Apr 20, 2018 8:28 AM

Nov 2011
Not sure how I feel about this honestly. If they can maintain a similar feel as Gundam Thunderbolt, then I'll be quite pleased. Otherwise, it could be a hit or a miss.

The premise sounds interesting at least so far.
Apr 20, 2018 8:58 AM

Jan 2018
hopefully this means more later UC anime is a possibility, that would be interesting. I'm new to Gundam but I like the variety the franchise has between this, the new 00 anime, and Gundam Build Divers.
Apr 20, 2018 9:23 AM

Mar 2012
More late UC the better, i would be happy if Sunrise actually makes prequel of Turn A Gundam.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Apr 20, 2018 10:06 AM

Dec 2015
Oh, my...

@CodebLazeFate I guess this was what they meant with Unicorn 2/sequel in their vote?

JizzyHitler said:
Yone will be an adaption of hathaway's flash

Another "parallel" timeline story for the UC adapted ? Interesting.

@QuattroVaginas Thanks, I didn't see it.
So, they will try to force "Hathaway's Flash" into the anime story? ... Thre ought to have some contradictions then, no?
(if at least, it was made by Tomino and "drawn" by Yasuhiko or the original novel illustrator, Mikimoto)

PS: and yeah... more Unicorn stories...

PPS: 2025, MOON Gundam !
Rei_IIIApr 21, 2018 1:39 AM
Apr 20, 2018 10:10 AM

Apr 2016
Rei366 said:
Oh, my...

@CodebLazeFate I guess this was what they meant with Unicorn 2/sequel in their vote?

JizzyHitler said:
Yone will be an adaption of hathaway's flash

Another "parallel" timeline story for the UC adapted ? Interesting.
Lmaooooo

I hope this is the definitive end of the Early UC timeline. The mainline portion of it just kept trying and failing to and and unend; it needs to be put to rest and be given a definitive link to F91 already.
Apr 20, 2018 10:14 AM

Aug 2014
@Rei366 If you haven't seen it:

QuattroVaginasApr 20, 2018 5:25 PM
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 20, 2018 12:16 PM

Jan 2018
QuattroVaginas said:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Nc6JPJ1.png[/im g]

Wow I wish I can see the English version for this.
Apr 20, 2018 12:30 PM

Aug 2014
hazecloud said:
QuattroVaginas said:
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Nc6JPJ1.png[/im g]

@Rei366 Yes, but I think they will adapt HF to fit the anime timeline a bit better. For one they already changed 0105 (novel setting) to 0103.
QuattroVaginasApr 23, 2018 9:41 AM
Sieg Zeon!
Apr 20, 2018 12:50 PM

Jan 2009
now this is what im really gonna watch
Apr 20, 2018 1:13 PM

Nov 2017
Its great that they are expanding and focusing on the UC timeline now.
Apr 20, 2018 3:48 PM

Oct 2013
Looks good, great staff too, especially the character designer.
Apr 20, 2018 5:17 PM
May 2015
looks good

hope they do more to tie in Zeta and ZZ characters, but they wont
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2018 6:23 PM

Jan 2011
Lets go! Always need my mainline gundam fix hopefully it's good, i guess the special golden mobile suit is the main one that's gonna be CGI'd
Apr 20, 2018 7:46 PM
Jan 2016
shanimebib said:

We will see. It's all a matter of execution. Gundam always has this "mature" concept, but the execution is not always up there. Most Gundam series that I have watched end up feel like power fantasy anime more than anything.

As for the mechs design, I agree. I like their designs, most of the time, especially the unique ones(like Gundam Barbatos).

Brobot said:

Really? Even the director & screenwriter? I thought they're quite green. I guess I was wrong.
Apr 20, 2018 9:32 PM

Jan 2018
QuattroVaginas said:
hazecloud said:

Ahh it's in the future. Thank you.
Apr 21, 2018 10:21 AM

Oct 2015
Gundam Unicorn ending was enough, but they milking UC Gundam again

nvm Gundam needs to die though
Apr 21, 2018 2:58 PM

Oct 2013
TheServant said:

Brobot said:

Really? Even the director & screenwriter? I thought they're quite green. I guess I was wrong.
It's his debut as series director, but Yoshizawa has been around for more than 10 years doing episode direction. His most notable work from recent time was the super catchy G-Reco Ending, he directed. The screenwriter is also the author of the Unicorn and Turn A Novel, so it perfectly makes sense to let him write this anime. So yeah, really promising
Apr 21, 2018 9:05 PM
Jan 2016
Brobot said:
It's his debut as series director, but Yoshizawa has been around for more than 10 years doing episode direction. His most notable work from recent time was the super catchy G-Reco Ending, he directed. The screenwriter is also the author of the Unicorn and Turn A Novel, so it perfectly makes sense to let him write this anime. So yeah, really promising

Hm . . . The staff seems even more worrying now that you have explained their track records. I guess I have to set my expectation even lower. Thank you.

SaltyShoebill said:
nvm Gundam needs to die though

Or a total reboot would be good enough for me.
Apr 21, 2018 9:37 PM

May 2016

Hi there! Sorry for posting this here but there was no other way of contacting you so apologies for that. I did have a question but I scrapped it because this isn't the proper forum nor was it important. I noticed we have the same favorites in common, thats cool! Also It'd be cool if I woke up in the morning and I recieved a friend request from you. No pressure, I just noticed you like NANA and NANA is my favorite Anime ever! Again, apologies!
May 2, 2018 8:36 AM
Aug 2016
I'm hyped for the final episode of gundam: the origin
May 9, 2018 10:24 AM

Dec 2015
tsubasalover said:
@Rei366 I heard Narrative is based on ("reconstruction" of) gaiden story from Unicorn's 11th volume.

Thank you,it makes sense! (i didn't notice the tome was counted in the series)

More topics from this board

» Musicians Sayuri, Amaarashi Announce Marriage

Hyperion_PS - 11 hours ago

3 by RobertBobert »»
2 hours ago

» Manhwa 'True Beauty' Gets Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Nov 17, 2023

47 by nightjasmine »»
5 hours ago

» 'Trapezium' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by Shirayukin »»
7 hours ago

» 'Make Heroine ga Oosugiru!' Reveals Lead Cast, Production Staff, First Promo for Summer 2024

Vindstot - Mar 17

9 by mshfqtny »»
10 hours ago

» Manga 'S-Rank Monster no "Behemoth" dakedo, Neko to Machigawarete Elf Musume no Pet toshite Kurashitemasu' Gets TV Anime

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

10 by DrHizzle »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.