Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 24, 2018 6:23 AM
Jul 2017
Kuma said:
Slimcoder said:

We don't even know what's going to happen to them after this. Your just making assumptions.

Also I disagree that they aren't made likable. They are just enough likable & sympathetic while knowing they have to be stopped. That's a good balance there for antagonists.

i already stating how "i would glad if hori prove me wrong", but the pattenr is just like this... again, i will glad that i proven wrong, but it's hard to do so when i already got it correct soo far... i got one thing correct and the rest looks like will follow, i also starting to think that villian league will infere somehow again...

i think i worded it wrong in my side, but my point is that i dislike that hori made amazing character, whith huge amount of build up, that has very significant role during it's time just for discarded it immedietly....
or he can just make characters like this get away all the time like every other shounen out there
Apr 24, 2018 6:26 AM

Mar 2015
398288 said:
Kuma said:

i already stating how "i would glad if hori prove me wrong", but the pattenr is just like this... again, i will glad that i proven wrong, but it's hard to do so when i already got it correct soo far... i got one thing correct and the rest looks like will follow, i also starting to think that villian league will infere somehow again...

i think i worded it wrong in my side, but my point is that i dislike that hori made amazing character, whith huge amount of build up, that has very significant role during it's time just for discarded it immedietly....
or he can just make characters like this get away all the time like every other shounen out there

well, most of them doesn't even try to make those kind of villian is good anyways...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 20, 2018 3:47 PM

Feb 2013
Damn, I don't want to see them get in trouble.
Jul 9, 2019 2:08 AM

May 2016
I can see how Deku saw Gentle as his toughest opponent yet in a couple of ways. Despite how small-time of a villain Gentle was, his air repel ability prevented him from relying on brute force and forced Izuku to use his foresight to get through his defenses. His speed and unpredicatability in the construction site was roughly on-par with Gran Torino and his short Lover Mode was reminiscent of Deku's battle with Muscular. He might not have been as strong as the dangerous musclehead, but this time, Izuku can't rely on fighting over 100% because it'd mean an early end to his career plus the fact that it's too risky. He topped it all off with the biggest reason of all: his unflinching spirit and absolute dedication to his motives that made Deku sympathize with him even more. I initially didn't like his character at all, but this battle definitely made me think otherwise.

I legit teared up when he decided to cut his losses and bounced Deku out of the battle so he can at least minimize the punishment that will be received by his partner and spare La Brava from going down the path of evil even further. I didn't expect this outcome and I'm impressed.

Mar 13, 2022 7:03 AM

Feb 2021
That was a pretty great fight. I really wished that Gentle and his loli could escape at the very least.

Looks like this is the end of their criminal life

Aug 20, 2022 5:27 PM
Community Mod
šŸ’§FocalorsšŸ’§

Mar 2022
This was pretty good, Gentle Criminal is a great character.

Almost felt bad he lost.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 2:14 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

23 by em4sx2020 »»
Apr 16, 7:15 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 419 Discussion ( 1 2 )

thebrentinator24 - Apr 3

50 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 14, 10:23 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 418 Discussion

deg - Mar 28

17 by marquinti2 »»
Apr 14, 9:50 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.