Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Apr 30, 2018 4:54 AM

Nov 2015
DekDennis said:
AX3M said:
Wow ! You're Japanese, right? This is where this episode happened! Leskinen and Maho are staying here right now in the story! ありがとう!!!

Now, I'm Russian and work in that exact building. So now a Mad Scientist inside of me wondering what to make first - time machine or the AI :)
Lol I see. Make both! They shall be your first two Future Gadgets. :')
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2018 3:33 PM
Jul 2017
Started episode 1 with the sub but from here on I'll be sticking to the dub, assuming it's as great as the original. The first episode's dub was a little awkward with Maho just switching languages (maybe they could've had Leskinen speak some other language like German or Finnish?) but this episode had the exact same charm and cleverness as the original dub. As for the episode itself, Leskinen and Maho are quickly becoming my favorite characters, and I'm really interested to see what will happen between Okabe and AI Kurisu.

Also I can't stop thinking about Amadeus Kurisu as Kizuna AI.

May 14, 2018 3:51 AM

Jan 2015
Hey, Boy waddup? I think I heard in the middle of the episode xD.
I feel so sad about Okabe.
May 15, 2018 9:58 AM

Dec 2017
Episode 2 was a hell of a roller coaster ride seeing okabe and kurisu face to face once again, the whole episode we see okabe struggling to believe he is able to interact with her in some shape or form. Later, seeing him get comfortable with interacting with the AI was very heart warming
May 21, 2018 8:14 AM
Aug 2017
This is really an emotional episode, besides that we have another great episode. And welcome back Christina.
May 21, 2018 8:25 AM

Mar 2018
Hmm I wonder what's gonna happen... Will amedeus make okabe go crazy?
Aug 19, 2018 5:31 PM

Aug 2017
AI Kurisutina aka Amadeus is funny like the original.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 7, 2018 4:31 AM

May 2012
Damn that was great, even though I knew directly it would have something like that when they mentioned her studies... still quite amazed with this development and I really do wonder what kind of differences this will create for this timeline.

Well let's see what's next!
Nov 29, 2018 11:58 PM

Mar 2017
Really feel that the series is losing the “thriller” feel the original had. It’s also funny how they have a legit reason to use CGI (Amadeus)

and so far, ED>OP
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Dec 25, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2016
The OP somehow have the same kind of feeling as the OG OP of Steins; Gate! Albeit it's more energetic this time. I love it, especially the number of details in the OP when compared to the OG OP! The ED here sounds beautiful by itself but paired with the animation, it's depressing as it shows Okabe's madness...

Okabe's "OBJECTION!" brings back memories from the first episode of the original Steins; Gate...

The amount of Engrish moments in this episode is amazing! I especially love when Okabe said "Shut up Christina!" to Kurisu when she commented on his poor English pronunciation.

Though Kurisu's memory is in Amadeus' system, it's only a month away from the moment she met with Okabe... It's as usual for Okabe then... Seeing the people he cared about yet they don't know the times they've spent with him. Ahhh painful memories...
Mar 17, 2019 10:09 AM

Jan 2013
And there it is, Kurisu being uploaded aswell ... but 3 to 4 months before the original Steins;Gate story started (where she died)
I love how Okabe managed to shut up the entire audience, well said! - OBJECTION!
We can already see Kurisu's old self come back after talking with Okabe for a little bit.

Also this reminded me of a Black Mirror episode called "Be Right Back"
Apr 1, 2019 11:22 AM

Jan 2017
okay,,,1st of all,,Christina is not dead,,right???!!its getting confusing again dammwit!Okabe had to open his gut!!remember?!

or is it that even though she is alive in Alpha she is Dead in this Beta World line????then again why would she be dead in Beta if she is alive in Alpha!!owh,,Fuck me!! ;_;
Maddo Scientistto Hououin Kyouma,,thanume wo,Modore,we need you,,explain everything!
"EL PSY CONGROO"
Jun 19, 2019 6:09 AM

Feb 2019
That episode was amazing!

Rintarou talking to Armadeus was hilarious and heart breaking at the same time :)
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Jul 2, 2019 8:42 AM

Dec 2018
Kurisu is the only trigger to turn Okabe to his usual mad scientist mode.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 14, 2019 6:22 PM
Oct 2017
This is definitely not a sequel to previous anime which is all that I know.
Jul 16, 2019 12:31 AM

May 2016
BiggKab said:
This is definitely not a sequel to previous anime which is all that I know.

And it wasn't supposed to be a sequel. This is a midquel, you will see at the end.
-
Aug 11, 2019 12:47 AM

Jul 2016
*sees Kurisu* It's time to cry.
Aug 12, 2019 1:13 AM

Mar 2015
So good to see Kurisutina again, even in the form of this Amadeus program..
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 10, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2015
So an Ai that acts like Kurisu enters the scene, looks like some advanced waifu
This is probably gonna hurt Okarin on the long run as he will likely get attached to amadeus and the interraction with Kurise 2.0. Not helping much with getting over her death

Sep 14, 2019 9:01 AM
Dec 2017
this episode so touchy and emotional.. btw nice opening and ending songs.. loved it so much..
Feb 9, 2020 2:11 PM

Aug 2017
I kinda think that Okabe's reaction to Kurisu was less dramatic than expected, but anyway, I wonder what'll happen next. Leskinen doesn't look like a trustworthy person tbh. And there's more CGI than in the original (I'm not talking about Kurisu, which seems to be canon, but about the crowds and so on)
Aug 11, 2020 1:57 PM

Apr 2020
Aside from the cringey Japanese English, I loved the episode. Leskinen's VA imitated how an American would speak Japanese very well imo.

I felt the emotion Okabe was feeling. It's cruel that he had to meet Kurisu this way and agreeing to become the tester. Maho and Leskinen could see that the initial meeting was difficult for him. You can tell he feels guilty for not attempting to save her again and that he sees all the qualities that he loved in Kurisu in Amadeus.
Sep 22, 2020 7:38 AM

Oct 2019
When I watched episode 23β I wondered why Suzuha never breathed a word after Mayuri blocked her slap and started consoling Okarin, as I also wrote in a forum post on that episode. I thought that she gave up way too easily. I think the first 2 episodes of Steins;Gate 0, particularly the first one, have made perfectly clear that that was because in this world line the future 33-year old Okarin never came up with a plan to save Kurisu on 28 July 2010. Unlike in the original episode 23, in episode 23β Suzuha had neither a video message from the future Okarin nor oral instructions about how the 18-year old Okarin could save Kurisu. Nothing at all, just a blind "let's try again and see what happens"..

Therefore, since the time machine had fuel for just one more trip, if Okarin had agreed to try a second time to save Kurisu (but, this time, without any plan) he would have 100% failed (despite what the Mayurin of 2036 -who bizarrely does not appear to have aged a day though 26 years have passed..- thinks : even if she had given Okarin the stern pep talk of the original episode, without a plan he would have certainly failed again), just like he failed repeatedly when he tried to save Mayuri before coming up with the D-mail undoing plan to save her. At least now there is some hope, assuming Okarin or someone else (perhaps the AI Kurisu?) devises a plan to save Kurisu (and prevent WWIII) by "leaving the past events unchanged but changing the result".

I still think that key scene in episode 23β was ruched and could have been handled better though. On the other hand, Steins;Gate 0 showed that Suzuka never gave up on her mission; she only gave up, temporarily, on the day of episode 23β. That is apparently because she knows when it might be too late to save Kurisu (probably when the time travel race starts, or when the first time travel machine is announced to the public).
SharpedonSep 22, 2020 7:45 AM
Jan 18, 2021 1:06 PM
Jan 2021
It made me cry seeing Makise as Amadeus, knowing she is dead in this Line. I feel bad for Okabe, wish he would strengthen up and fix it with Suzu.
Mar 29, 2021 7:38 AM
Feb 2021
Wow. I love this episode. <3
Jun 22, 2021 9:03 PM

Jan 2017
The feels in this ep is real, Okabe meeting AI Kurisu really has that melancholic vibe

Only for it to be ruined by HEY BOYYYYYYYY
Jul 2, 2021 2:45 PM

Apr 2018
It hurts to see an AI Makise and not a real one.. It hurts Okabe even more.
Well, will he change his mind and save her one more time? Maybe.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 21, 2021 6:16 PM

Jun 2020
wow okabe got a 2d waifu of hiz own now 🥰🥰🥰
Feb 20, 2023 7:49 AM
Jan 2023
cool episode very nice
Oct 5, 2023 8:06 PM

Dec 2020
I can already see the set up for the doomed future with this AI and everyone's involvement with it
Nov 21, 2023 4:42 AM
Oct 2021
An AI With ability to talk and have emotion, damn!!!
Dec 21, 2023 3:16 AM
Oct 2023
Masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Yesterday, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

103 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Mar 24, 4:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.