Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion

Apr 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Not much action I hooe they don't screw up the aution arc cause it was really a good arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 17, 2018 1:42 PM

Lol, we are closing in on what would have been the season finale if this was properly adapted. At the very least, this was the first tolerable episode of the season so far

Apr 17, 2018 1:51 PM
Really good episode!

Did anyone else notice that one of the songs playing in the nightclub was the ending music?

Apr 17, 2018 2:11 PM

This was more of a build-up episode towards the upcoming auction, but there was two things that was really enjoyable about this episode.

First was Saiko. She's super lazy and addicted to video games, but her scenes always put a smile on my face. She's always amusing to see her complain or at least putting some effort into training.

Second was the disguises that Haise and the others wore in the nightclub. Haise himself really pulled it off as a female, I have to admit. The others looked the part as well and Saiko's dancing was adorable =P

Hopefully there'll be plenty of action next week. =D

Apr 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Tons of info skipped, I don't mind it as much as I thought though. I once again enjoyed the episode, was waiting patiently for Juzo and Haise's interaction and wasn't let down, TG: RE Juzo is the best Juzo.

Also, did anybody catch the song at the end? It was by LeeandLie, can't believe that she's made it into an actual anime, and that being Tokyo Ghoul of all things.

I also think that the art is nice in this season, compared to the previous ones. Didn't mind the 1st season, 2nd was awful. Now, let the auction commence, can't wait for several things.

Apr 17, 2018 2:18 PM

Saiko is lazy but adorable. Her Seiyu is so fitting for this role. I am curious what she's capable of when she's in combat, I guess we'll see next week when the auction happens.
Modified by CeddyyBearr, Apr 17, 2018 2:22 PM
These girls are BEYOND precious!

Apr 17, 2018 2:19 PM

Things were skipped but I still enjoyed this episode.
4/5

Apr 17, 2018 2:24 PM

lmao, it's only episode 3 ending and they're already beginning the auction arc. an't say I'm surprised just disappointed.

At least Saiko's moments have been A+ so far.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Apr 17, 2018 2:56 PM

Really liked it, we finally got to see Saiko and her sick dance moves xD

Apr 17, 2018 3:17 PM
Is Shinohara in a coma since the end of √A? I honestly can't remember what happened to him...

Apr 17, 2018 3:25 PM
There's only 12 episodes and some of you wanted the auction arc as a season finale? Genius (sarcasm). If they adapted at that pace, Saiko wouldn't even be introduced properly until episode 5. Meaning most of the season would have been a boring and a waste of time where they investigated Torso and Nutcracker until the auction arc started.

Apr 17, 2018 4:09 PM
Am i the only no life that screamed when i saw the sims 4 drawings on urie's wall

ok its probably just me

Apr 17, 2018 5:18 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Another ok episode. It's more evident how rushed this show is becoming as the auction raid is the main focus of this episode. Saiko easily had the funniest moments given how her character is. I also like how we see Suzuya and alot of other returning ghouls as well.

Apr 17, 2018 5:42 PM
i've been waiting for the cross-dressing moment ... and saiko is finally introduced !! i'm looking forward to the auction arc ...

Apr 17, 2018 6:04 PM
I feel like they are advancing in the story way to quickly. In this episode they covered chapters 10 to 16 of the manga, being the only part of chapter 16 the end when they are going to the auction.
Everything seems kinda weird (missing parts and out of order scenes).

Still, I love how it is going so far, even with some diferences compared to the manga.

Apr 17, 2018 6:10 PM

Kind of felt like this episode was sort of boring, but I understand it was a build up episode to what SHOULD be an epic arc.

Wasn't really a fan of the cross dressing scene, but whatevs. Nico and Roma being at the same club was a bit surprising. I'm honestly upset that Roma is so evil, and wants to destroy Haise's "happiness." Also a bit shocked that she's part of the Clown Gang. For some reason I thought it was Uta, Nico, and Itori. Heh, I confused Roma and Itori.

Saiko is cool. Super lazy as expected. I wonder if she's any good at something though. Urie is super annoying with his ulterior motives.

I want to say poor Juuzou, but at the same time he did end up regrowing a leg soooo.... but he looks cool in his black hair, and it seems like he is more a team guy now after everything that happened 2 years ago. You can tell he is still pained by the lost of Shinohara. I'm glad he's changed now and is a little more "human" but it sucks that it took tragedy. Just like Akira said though. Everyone has lost someone at this point.

Also, I hate the way Tsukiyama was drawn. For some reason he just completely looks different. It's going to take me a while to get used to his new look. But it's just like him to be supremely depressed over Kaneki's disappearance. It seems like everyone thought he was dead, and now with the rumors of a GI named Haise that looks like Kaneki everyone seems to be aware of him. I suppose Kaneki is a bit of a legend.

The OP is growing on me. Not that I didn't like it at first. Thought it was great the first time around, but it's really good.

I'd say this episode is a 3/5. It didn't really do anything, but at the same time it is at least telling us what they're doing and why they're doing it haha.

Apr 17, 2018 6:48 PM
So glad we got more Saiko and got to see Miza and Hinami!

Apr 17, 2018 6:50 PM

Juuzou is a Trap!!

His voice and disguise so cute!

Apr 17, 2018 7:48 PM

Saiko is clearly the best of the trio...Haishi...well I hope he regains memories of Kaneki.... I am still confused as to what happened to Kaneki actually

Apr 17, 2018 7:59 PM

They seemed to just skip over the Coffe Shop scene which annoyed me...

Apr 17, 2018 8:14 PM

ibraheem234 said:
Saiko is clearly the best of the trio...Haishi...well I hope he regains memories of Kaneki.... I am still confused as to what happened to Kaneki actually
The Quinx Squad consists of four members, not three. I think you'd be better not to know what happened to Kaneki.
TypicalEvan said:
They seemed to just skip over the Coffe Shop scene which annoyed me...
I'm glad they skipped it. It's not important by the way. Besides, the previous episode pretty much summed it up already.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, are also exceptionally skilled at killing. {×.×}

Apr 17, 2018 9:49 PM

Nice episode.

Pretty cool we got to see Juzo ad Tsukiyama.

Sassan actually looks pretty good as a girl. XD
Things are gonna go down next episode.

Apr 17, 2018 9:53 PM

Reading all this looks like I have to hit the manga for skipped material.

Theatric wise the episode did well

Apr 17, 2018 10:05 PM
Not quite as good as the manga but I'm really loving this so far. So happy to see some of my favorite characters in action again. So excited to see the next episode. Slightly triggered by the lack of zebra suit on Uta but all the same, I'm happy to see his face. (...Kinda.)

Apr 17, 2018 10:43 PM
Honestly not loving this season so far so many new names and people feels like a brand new series not a season 3 I would like to see his Kaneki side resurface but it seems like next episode will be good so I’m hopeful

Apr 17, 2018 11:46 PM

Saiko is me pretty much.

Yay, we finally get to see Juuzou again.

Apr 18, 2018 12:36 AM

This should be 24 episodes instead of 12 to fully capture the show without skipping so much info and confuse the hell out of non manga readers..
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.

Apr 18, 2018 1:07 AM

MasterKing0806 said:
Decent episode. One question: Who were the two guys talking about killing Haise so Kaneki comes back (in the disco)?

Well Tokyo ghoul anime didn't have any information on the group called clowns. They had a major role in Tokyo ghoul manga. Those 2 are part of that group.
I don't like to be like everyone else saying u should read manga and all. But anime only guys won't know why they do want to see kaneki in despair.

Apr 18, 2018 1:18 AM

Atavistic said:
Not really impressed with this week's episode to be honest, other than the Shu stuff at least. I honestly don't understand how Saiko ever got to be an Investigator and a Quinx if she's essentially a shut-in unless she's forced to go outside. The stuff with trying to get Saiko to go on the mission also went on way too long, as did the silly crossdressing scene (although Sasaki certainly pulled it off, and would have probably had me fooled if we had just started there).

Also, something I've been wondering since the start: why do we get so much of Urie's internal monologue, but no one else's other than Sasaki's? It's not like Urie is any more important or notable than the rest of the Quinx squad at this stage anyway.

I feel every character has some sort of monologue for themselves like sasaki has his own monologue thinking about his past memories and mitsuki has confidence issues. Shirazu and saiko are just basically idiots so mostly they don't get many monologue. But with urie he is typical hypocrite and tries to manipulate a lot. And imo urie as a character has a lot of scope to grow.
Modified by SKYWALKER08, Apr 18, 2018 1:24 AM

Apr 18, 2018 1:37 AM
Xander_Cage said:
the voice actor for suzuya changed or what?
i like the previous voice.

it's still the same voice actor (kagumie rie) it's just she change the voice style for suzuya

Apr 18, 2018 1:43 AM

As someone who never read the manga i'm enjoyable this show so far. :) Compared to Root A which only interested me during the last 3 episodes.

Could a manga reader explain what happened to Juuzou though? Is it just a change in hair color or has his personality changed too?

Apr 18, 2018 1:56 AM

Legal Loli award goes to..........

And the best girl award goes to...........

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online

Apr 18, 2018 2:17 AM
This was a nice setup episode for the upcoming arc, and in this episode we see even more familiar faces, this time being Eto and Juuzo.
The preview for the next episode looks sick, can't wait for the next episode.
Heckle was here...

Apr 18, 2018 3:00 AM
ZxI said:
mhh i dont remember seeing hide in this arc

He certainly was there speaking jibberish.

Apr 18, 2018 3:04 AM

JudoJD said:
Lucky_SLS said:
This season even though its following the manga till now, seems like it is missing something that mad house had.
Mad house brought that inner struggle within kaneki and also portrayed the views of ghouls n humans in such a convincing way.
till now, i got that feeling just from two scenes, nishio senpai and touka chan scene. storytelling kinda feels shallow this season till now.
urie should have gotten more screen time, his thoughts explains the quinx squad and their position within the team as well as in the ccg. damn....

Madhouse has never worked on Tokyo ghoul XD
Same studio still has it after ruining it already somehow

Boy I wish Madhouse had TG though :(
The entire anime just needs a reboot

But the direction feels so different! It's not the same ppl who worked in the first 2 seasons.
And I very much liked the darker shade and complex character build up of many ppl influencing the story telling.
Season 3 droped that like from teens and adult anime to children tales. Make it more serious perriot!
Modified by Lucky_SLS, Apr 18, 2018 3:11 AM

Apr 18, 2018 3:20 AM
SKYWALKER08 said:
MasterKing0806 said:
Decent episode. One question: Who were the two guys talking about killing Haise so Kaneki comes back (in the disco)?

Well Tokyo ghoul anime didn't have any information on the group called clowns. They had a major role in Tokyo ghoul manga. Those 2 are part of that group.
I don't like to be like everyone else saying u should read manga and all. But anime only guys won't know why they do want to see kaneki in despair.

Yeah, sure but I am not an "Anime-only-guy". I am more the type of guy who does not have the money to buy so many mangas (already trying to complete the bleach manga and I am planning on getting the SAO LNs)

Apr 18, 2018 3:49 AM
Juuzo,Tsukiyama,Eto making their appearance in this ep!
im enjoying this as a whole ,
anticipating the next one!

Apr 18, 2018 4:41 AM

This show has yet to take off properly. I really hope by the next episode s*** hits the fan. Wouldn't want a third of the show to be underwhelming build up.
I've never had a decent signature in my life.

Apr 18, 2018 4:55 AM

I waited for this episode to compare two images:

Apr 18, 2018 5:02 AM

rafaelhwk said:

Wasn't really a fan of the cross dressing scene, but whatevs. Nico and Roma being at the same club was a bit surprising. I'm honestly upset that Roma is so evil, and wants to destroy Haise's "happiness." Also a bit shocked that she's part of the Clown Gang. For some reason I thought it was Uta, Nico, and Itori. Heh, I confused Roma and Itori.

Anime never revealed that Roma is a part of clowns. So for anime onlys clowns were Uta, Itori, Nico and "Souta" (whos role was so small in anime that most people didn't even remember him), but in manga there was really important scene with him, that anime didn't show.

CeddyyBearr said:
Saiko is lazy but adorable. Her Seiyu is so fitting for this role. I am curious what she's capable of when she's in combat, I guess we'll see next week when the auction happens.

I doubt we will see her greatness in this season.

Light_Kikib said:
Is Shinohara in a coma since the end of √A? I honestly can't remember what happened to him...

Yes. Eto owned him.

As for episode:
Some things skiped, some things out of order. But I atually enjoyed this episode. After tragic first episode and not so good second, this one was decent/good.
Saiko! It's sad that we'll not see her Trinity Cutter moment in anime untill next season.
Haise had some nice conversation with Eight Hokage Donato Uzumaki and we get our first glips at Floppy/Robed Giant.
Club scene was ok. Mutsuki looked cute (still one of my least favourite characters in this series), Shirazu bizzare, Saiko is Saiko and Haise defenetly have some trap genes in him.
When I saw Matusri my only reaction was, please don't burst out of your clothes.

Even mai boi Scarecrow appeared for a second.

Shu in his "depressed" mode is not a Shu I like! T.T Also Kanades VA is spot on. And Hori my girl I'm so glad to see you!

4/5 - I'm sad that they skipe so many stuff, but I understand why that happened.

Kanou is in next episode. You know the guy that had arc dedicated to him in manga and was almost non existent in anime.

Apr 18, 2018 5:24 AM
Watching anime subtitle Indonesia here: https://animeindonesia.net

Apr 18, 2018 5:28 AM

ciastos said:

CeddyyBearr said:

I doubt we will see her greatness in this season.

That would be a shame really. Guess I'll just be patient about it (or start reading the Manga).
These girls are BEYOND precious!

Apr 18, 2018 5:34 AM

Manga reader, how many more episodes until Kaneki regain his memory?
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 18, 2018 6:13 AM
I need saiko & shirazu dancing scene. but in an infinite loop.

Apr 18, 2018 6:44 AM

I'm beginning to like Saiko Yonebayashi more and more!
wow! look at that! Juzo Suzuya! I remember him!
I wonder what the heck happened to Tsukiyama Shuu!?
Looks like a lot of events will unfold next episode!
5/5.

Apr 18, 2018 9:00 AM

Animation and the art is really bad compare to past seasons, such waste :(

Apr 18, 2018 9:02 AM
Lorekeeper

I like where this is going. Although the pacing is shitting me, Haise's increasing introspection surrounding the ethics of taking from others to protect your own is interesting. He gets to be his own antagonist.

Apr 18, 2018 10:15 AM

Altough that felt rushed because of skipping relevant parts of those 7 chapters, still pretty decent I guess on some execution. Roma and Nico showing up, clowns are chill but crazy. Wow that ending scene showed the characters for the auction arc. Juuzou and Mutsuki, I feel sorry for them for the next episode. ED instrumental for the disco music.

And from this point on, things will go crazy. Can't wait for the next arc after this auction arc.

Apr 18, 2018 10:35 AM
Lucky_SLS said:
This season even though its following the manga till now, seems like it is missing something that mad house had.
Mad house brought that inner struggle within kaneki and also portrayed the views of ghouls n humans in such a convincing way.
till now, i got that feeling just from two scenes, nishio senpai and touka chan scene. storytelling kinda feels shallow this season till now.
urie should have gotten more screen time, his thoughts explains the quinx squad and their position within the team as well as in the ccg. damn....

What has Madhouse got to do with this ? Tokyo Ghoul has always been done by Studio Pierrot.

Apr 18, 2018 10:43 AM

Probably the most well-executed episode so far, and surprisingly also the one with the least action. Hopefully this correlation doesn't continue.

And wow, the traps are rampant in this episode, but I think we can all agree on the best of them all.

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »