Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion

Apr 17, 2018 10:25 AM

I enjoyed this episode there was laugh
Juuzo has less stitches and his hair is black ?
Still when there was so many new names I felt left out so I am going read manga as much as i can before next episode

Apr 17, 2018 10:32 AM

Hm this one was pretty rushed again, not too sure what exactly they skipped since it's been a while since I read that part of the manga but it definitely felt like stuff was missing or rushed here and there...

Well we got to the auction which means best character in the entire show is about to show up so that's one good thing I guess.

Apr 17, 2018 10:34 AM

I didn't really like this episode.. I don't like them changing suzuya, and they could have made Saiko better

Apr 17, 2018 10:35 AM

MasterKing0806 said:
Decent episode. One question: Who were the two guys talking about killing Haise so Kaneki comes back (in the disco)?

Don't remeber if Roma (the girl) was fully introduced in the second season, but she used to work at Anteiku after Kaneki left.
The other guy is Nico who was always hanging around Yamori (Jason).

Apr 17, 2018 10:42 AM

hm, they didn't show who delivered the basket of flowers to shinohara at the hospital, oh well

and boy, oh boy, naki looks more like naki now, i'm glad

Apr 17, 2018 10:43 AM
The episode was very good , no action but still very good

Apr 17, 2018 10:45 AM

Couldn't they have opened the door without using their kagune? I totally expected something epic when Urie's eyes turned and he released his kagune...

Hmmmm, I feel like Sasaki is far too comfortable wearing women's clothes >.> Juuzou too >.>

I liked the song during their sparring session/start of the auction.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."

Apr 17, 2018 11:00 AM
GreeenSponge said:
MasterKing0806 said:
Decent episode. One question: Who were the two guys talking about killing Haise so Kaneki comes back (in the disco)?

Don't remeber if Roma (the girl) was fully introduced in the second season, but she used to work at Anteiku after Kaneki left.
The other guy is Nico who was always hanging around Yamori (Jason).

Ok, thanks a lot. No wonder that I forgot about them when they haven't been relevant characters.

Apr 17, 2018 11:01 AM

3 episodes in and we're already at the auction...wtf pierrot!?

Apr 17, 2018 11:02 AM

Not bad but again, felt really rushed to me yet again.

Apr 17, 2018 11:09 AM
I feel that without reading the manga, the storyline is still chronologically very unknown and messed up. Let's see how it progresses.

Apr 17, 2018 11:19 AM

The OP and ED seem to be growing on me, before I was like "no, first season OP was the best," now it's more like "I can get used to this!"

Woah though, what ever happened to the fateful encounter between touka and haise/kaneki in te last episode; I thought they'd show more of that.
Anyways, we've had now had an appearance from Suzuya though; to be honest, I prefer the white haired version over his current hair colour.

I seem to have forgotten the characters and I keep thinking if they were present in the last season; gotta go and check the season two characters like Hori etc.

Apr 17, 2018 11:32 AM
Lucky_SLS said:
This season even though its following the manga till now, seems like it is missing something that mad house had.
Mad house brought that inner struggle within kaneki and also portrayed the views of ghouls n humans in such a convincing way.
till now, i got that feeling just from two scenes, nishio senpai and touka chan scene. storytelling kinda feels shallow this season till now.
urie should have gotten more screen time, his thoughts explains the quinx squad and their position within the team as well as in the ccg. damn....

Madhouse has never worked on Tokyo ghoul XD
Same studio still has it after ruining it already somehow

Boy I wish Madhouse had TG though :(
The entire anime just needs a reboot
1.1.Six

Apr 17, 2018 11:40 AM

This was a damn good episode. The crossdressing was pretty amusing as well.

Apr 17, 2018 11:48 AM

Not really impressed with this week's episode to be honest, other than the Shu stuff at least. I honestly don't understand how Saiko ever got to be an Investigator and a Quinx if she's essentially a shut-in unless she's forced to go outside. The stuff with trying to get Saiko to go on the mission also went on way too long, as did the silly crossdressing scene (although Sasaki certainly pulled it off, and would have probably had me fooled if we had just started there).

Also, something I've been wondering since the start: why do we get so much of Urie's internal monologue, but no one else's other than Sasaki's? It's not like Urie is any more important or notable than the rest of the Quinx squad at this stage anyway.

Apr 17, 2018 11:50 AM

Slow the fuck down Pierrot

Apr 17, 2018 11:52 AM
Laura De Farnese

mhh i dont remember seeing hide in this arc

Apr 17, 2018 11:56 AM
I have a question for all you manga readers. Isn't Sasaki supposed to be on a human flesh diet?

Apr 17, 2018 12:03 PM
Alberrti said:
How many chapters this episode covered? I really felt it very well paced but I don't remember in which number chapter of the manga this finished. I think they did a good adaptation (only if they didn't skipped so much of the manga, of course, how i said before, i don't remember).

5/5

Well they did cover chapters 10-11-12-13-14-15-16 but they skipped a lot of things. I'm a little frustrated but after how they animated season 2, I guess I must pray for that never happening and try to look at from the bright side.

OH AND RIGHT SAME SCENES AREN'T CHRONOLOGICALLY RIGHT AND LOTS OF PARTS CUT OUT.

NO, I DON'T THINK I CAN LOOK AT THIS FROM THE BRIGHT SIDE D:
Modified by melodykpop, Apr 2, 12:29 PM

Apr 17, 2018 12:10 PM
the voice actor for suzuya changed or what?
i like the previous voice.

Apr 17, 2018 12:23 PM
Crossdressed Sasaki == Best trap
Episode was pretty chill, building up to the things set up for the auction arc.
This episode did feel a rushed, I hope they cover these up in the next episodes.

Gambare, studio clown!

Apr 17, 2018 12:34 PM

Lmao Saiko is hilarious to watch, what a NEET and always sleeping. I like her character,she brings comedy to the group.
Everyone dress as women operation lmao. This felt like a buildup episode for the upcoming episodes. This operation will have something bad about it, I can feel it.
Also Kaneki's memories seems to be returning soon.

Apr 17, 2018 12:47 PM

Poor Saiko, she has to work now.

Apr 17, 2018 12:53 PM
Finally! Juuzou makes an appearance! I miss his white hair! ;-;
I guess it was good to see Tsukiyama eventhough he's not my fave! :P
I love Saiko's lazy personality! I enjoyed seeing more of her in this episode and I hope she gets more development! ^^
The scene where the Quinx Squad dresses up as women! I couldn't stop laughing!
I really liked this episode! <3

Apr 17, 2018 12:55 PM

I think we can all relate to Saiko.

I feel like this would be even better if I knew who were new characters and who were returning cast. I should probably read the manga.

Apr 17, 2018 1:05 PM
Well, they covered A LOT of chapters in this episode.

I am kinda torn about the pacing, on one hand I hate that they're condensing it this much but on the other hand this keeps the show interesting as the first few chapters were boring in the manga.... I didn't think we'd get to the auction THIS quick.

Apr 17, 2018 1:07 PM

No-Life-King said:
Alberrti said:
How many chapters this episode covered? I really felt it very well paced but I don't remember in which number chapter of the manga this finished. I think they did a good adaptation (only if they didn't skipped so much of the manga, of course, how i said before, i don't remember).

5/5

It covered 7 chapters, well more precisely they skipped most of the content from that 7 chapters.....
Then the slow pace of the episode cheated me. I was happy in my ignorance bro, haha.
I'm not english speaker so you'll probably see some flaws in my quotes.

Apr 17, 2018 1:25 PM

Some good fights coming up, can’t wait! For the anime only watchers this is a bit overwhelming because of all the new characters being thrown into the mix, but overall the pacing is okay for a 12 episode season!

[spoiler] I especially loved the montage at the end with ghouls and investigators...it went so well with the amazing ST! [spoiler]

Apr 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Gabbatek said:
No-Life-King said:

It covered 7 chapters, well more precisely they skipped most of the content from that 7 chapters.....

which chapters????

chapters 10-16 but they rearranged and skipped a lot of things. D:

Apr 17, 2018 1:34 PM

Juuzou, I love his new hair color.
I wonder why that jailed old ghoul interested in Sasaki's memories..
Wow, it would be fun if Sasaki and Ayato at the auction.
I think in the next episode will be some fights in the auction.

Apr 17, 2018 1:40 PM

Not much action I hooe they don't screw up the aution arc cause it was really a good arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 17, 2018 1:42 PM

Lol, we are closing in on what would have been the season finale if this was properly adapted. At the very least, this was the first tolerable episode of the season so far

Apr 17, 2018 1:51 PM
Really good episode!

Did anyone else notice that one of the songs playing in the nightclub was the ending music?

Apr 17, 2018 2:11 PM

This was more of a build-up episode towards the upcoming auction, but there was two things that was really enjoyable about this episode.

First was Saiko. She's super lazy and addicted to video games, but her scenes always put a smile on my face. She's always amusing to see her complain or at least putting some effort into training.

Second was the disguises that Haise and the others wore in the nightclub. Haise himself really pulled it off as a female, I have to admit. The others looked the part as well and Saiko's dancing was adorable =P

Hopefully there'll be plenty of action next week. =D

Apr 17, 2018 2:14 PM

Tons of info skipped, I don't mind it as much as I thought though. I once again enjoyed the episode, was waiting patiently for Juzo and Haise's interaction and wasn't let down, TG: RE Juzo is the best Juzo.

Also, did anybody catch the song at the end? It was by LeeandLie, can't believe that she's made it into an actual anime, and that being Tokyo Ghoul of all things.

I also think that the art is nice in this season, compared to the previous ones. Didn't mind the 1st season, 2nd was awful. Now, let the auction commence, can't wait for several things.

Apr 17, 2018 2:18 PM

Saiko is lazy but adorable. Her Seiyu is so fitting for this role. I am curious what she's capable of when she's in combat, I guess we'll see next week when the auction happens.
Modified by CeddyyBearr, Apr 17, 2018 2:22 PM

Apr 17, 2018 2:19 PM

Things were skipped but I still enjoyed this episode.
4/5

Apr 17, 2018 2:24 PM

lmao, it's only episode 3 ending and they're already beginning the auction arc. an't say I'm surprised just disappointed.

At least Saiko's moments have been A+ so far.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?

Apr 17, 2018 2:56 PM

Really liked it, we finally got to see Saiko and her sick dance moves xD

Apr 17, 2018 3:17 PM
Is Shinohara in a coma since the end of √A? I honestly can't remember what happened to him...

Apr 17, 2018 3:25 PM
There's only 12 episodes and some of you wanted the auction arc as a season finale? Genius (sarcasm). If they adapted at that pace, Saiko wouldn't even be introduced properly until episode 5. Meaning most of the season would have been a boring and a waste of time where they investigated Torso and Nutcracker until the auction arc started.

Apr 17, 2018 4:09 PM
Am i the only no life that screamed when i saw the sims 4 drawings on urie's wall

ok its probably just me

Apr 17, 2018 5:18 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Another ok episode. It's more evident how rushed this show is becoming as the auction raid is the main focus of this episode. Saiko easily had the funniest moments given how her character is. I also like how we see Suzuya and alot of other returning ghouls as well.

Apr 17, 2018 5:42 PM
i've been waiting for the cross-dressing moment ... and saiko is finally introduced !! i'm looking forward to the auction arc ...

Apr 17, 2018 6:04 PM
I feel like they are advancing in the story way to quickly. In this episode they covered chapters 10 to 16 of the manga, being the only part of chapter 16 the end when they are going to the auction.
Everything seems kinda weird (missing parts and out of order scenes).

Still, I love how it is going so far, even with some diferences compared to the manga.

Apr 17, 2018 6:10 PM

Kind of felt like this episode was sort of boring, but I understand it was a build up episode to what SHOULD be an epic arc.

Wasn't really a fan of the cross dressing scene, but whatevs. Nico and Roma being at the same club was a bit surprising. I'm honestly upset that Roma is so evil, and wants to destroy Haise's "happiness." Also a bit shocked that she's part of the Clown Gang. For some reason I thought it was Uta, Nico, and Itori. Heh, I confused Roma and Itori.

Saiko is cool. Super lazy as expected. I wonder if she's any good at something though. Urie is super annoying with his ulterior motives.

I want to say poor Juuzou, but at the same time he did end up regrowing a leg soooo.... but he looks cool in his black hair, and it seems like he is more a team guy now after everything that happened 2 years ago. You can tell he is still pained by the lost of Shinohara. I'm glad he's changed now and is a little more "human" but it sucks that it took tragedy. Just like Akira said though. Everyone has lost someone at this point.

Also, I hate the way Tsukiyama was drawn. For some reason he just completely looks different. It's going to take me a while to get used to his new look. But it's just like him to be supremely depressed over Kaneki's disappearance. It seems like everyone thought he was dead, and now with the rumors of a GI named Haise that looks like Kaneki everyone seems to be aware of him. I suppose Kaneki is a bit of a legend.

The OP is growing on me. Not that I didn't like it at first. Thought it was great the first time around, but it's really good.

I'd say this episode is a 3/5. It didn't really do anything, but at the same time it is at least telling us what they're doing and why they're doing it haha.

Apr 17, 2018 6:48 PM
So glad we got more Saiko and got to see Miza and Hinami!

Apr 17, 2018 6:50 PM

Juuzou is a Trap!!

His voice and disguise so cute!

Apr 17, 2018 7:48 PM

Saiko is clearly the best of the trio...Haishi...well I hope he regains memories of Kaneki.... I am still confused as to what happened to Kaneki actually

Apr 17, 2018 7:59 PM

They seemed to just skip over the Coffe Shop scene which annoyed me...

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »