Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 17, 2018 7:23 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol Saiko is so lazy. Sitting around with food and video games. She's my favorite from that four man group so far. Glad to see Suzuya too! It felt like the episode is more of a buildup but having the full team assemble is quite a sight. Those Shuu moments though...

For comedy, I find the crossdressing to be quite amusing especially seeing those fake wigs and the dancing lol

Apr 17, 2018 8:37 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
For a investigator Saiko sure takes things leisurely. Urie's words sure made Saiko take not of the situation though. Haise and Juzo sure have a good relationship. At least the whole squad made it for the meeting though. Seems that Horie's employer isn't too keen on the work that she does. The squads infiltration mission though sure was funny. In war only those with strength will be able to protect those dear to them. Looks like the sweep of the auction next episode will be quite the large operation. An interesting episode that did a good job of setting the scene before the first major op of the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2018 8:58 AM

Dec 2017
Stark700 said:
[b]Lol Saiko is so lazy. Sitting around with food and video games. She's my favorite from that four man group so far. Glad to see Suzuya too! It felt like the episode is more of a buildup but having the full team assemble is quite a sight. Those Shuu moments though...

For comedy, I find the crossdressing to be quite amusing especially seeing those fake wigs and the dancing lol

Indeed. Saiko is our best girl!
There are a bunch of characters introduced in this episode, as expected from the preview.

Shingster said:
For a investigator Saiko sure takes things leisurely. Urie's words sure made Saiko take not of the situation though. Haise and Juzo sure have a good relationship. At least the whole squad made it for the meeting though. Seems that Horie's employer isn't too keen on the work that she does. The squads infiltration mission though sure was funny. In war only those with strength will be able to protect those dear to them. Looks like the sweep of the auction next episode will be quite the large operation. An interesting episode that did a good job of setting the scene before the first major op of the series.
Yeah, this is a beginning to an all-out action packed arc. I can't wait already.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 17, 2018 9:01 AM

Jun 2016
Poor Tsukiyama, he feels nothing (because they washed Sasaki's pants). Would love to see the reunion of the two.
And the plan Sasaki comes up with "we're going to become Women" lol
Not sure why Donato is so interested in Haise's memories getting back, who is that ghoul he talked about eh...
Big Mama, Nuts cracker, Tatara, Ayato, Torso, Naki and others.... so many ghouls ehhh.. Hmm let's see what happens at the Auction.
Apr 17, 2018 9:05 AM

Dec 2016
How many chapters this episode covered? I really felt it very well paced but I don't remember in which number chapter of the manga this finished. I think they did a good (edit: BAD) adaptation (only if they didn't skipped so much of the manga, of course, how i said before, i don't remember).

5/5

Edit: they covered/skipped 7 chapters of information, ignorance is happiness... However, can be enjoyable to those who didn't read the manga.
AlberrtiApr 17, 2018 1:30 PM
Apr 17, 2018 9:18 AM

May 2017
build up episode ahh i wanna continue watching..

this is getting a bit confusing so many new names are thrown left and right..

ok episode next one should be good
Apr 17, 2018 9:24 AM
Apr 2018
the first seconds made me laugh lmao tsukiyama, the nostalgia

anyways whats important is that the best girl is finally here we can now sleep soundly at night

Apr 17, 2018 9:27 AM
Dec 2017
Juzo!!!! still my favourite character.

This is the official trap episode.

Also a very slow character building episode with no action.

Next episode will be awesome!
Apr 17, 2018 9:38 AM

Apr 2018
Despite the ep covering almost 7 chapters, this was actually pretty good. Now, they can put more time into Auction arc so I'm looking forward to that...
Apr 17, 2018 9:39 AM
Mar 2018
this episode wasn't as good as the other 2
Apr 17, 2018 9:51 AM

Aug 2017
To be honest, I really enjoyed this episode more than the other two. We get to see Saiko being lazy and seems like they're following the manga adaptation quite well but hopefully, next episode will be great. Finally, we get to see Juzo!
Oh my god I'm so fast, so fast and so fat
Apr 17, 2018 9:54 AM

Nov 2014
T H I C C C C

Glad to see Saiko entering the fray. So we're moving into the auction arc, that's pretty quick but I guess they have to speed through with only 12 episodes. Hope they don't skimp on the fights too much, there are some good ones ahead.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2018 9:56 AM

Jun 2014
A lot of setup but of course that's natural when we're about to get some action in the upcoming episodes.

The crossdressing was funny and I like that we got to see Tsukiyama and Juzo again (along with some other familiar faces).
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 17, 2018 9:57 AM

Dec 2016
This season even though its following the manga till now, seems like it is missing something that mad house had.
Mad house brought that inner struggle within kaneki and also portrayed the views of ghouls n humans in such a convincing way.
till now, i got that feeling just from two scenes, nishio senpai and touka chan scene. storytelling kinda feels shallow this season till now.
urie should have gotten more screen time, his thoughts explains the quinx squad and their position within the team as well as in the ccg. damn....
Apr 17, 2018 10:03 AM
Dec 2014
Alberrti said:
How many chapters this episode covered? I really felt it very well paced but I don't remember in which number chapter of the manga this finished. I think they did a good adaptation (only if they didn't skipped so much of the manga, of course, how i said before, i don't remember).

5/5

It covered 7 chapters, well more precisely they skipped most of the content from that 7 chapters.....
Apr 17, 2018 10:13 AM

Jul 2012
I don't know why but i just cant enjoy this. I really want to like it tho...
Apr 17, 2018 10:14 AM

Mar 2016
This part 😂

I'm kinda excited to see how they'll adapt the raid, really looking forward to the next episode.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 17, 2018 10:14 AM
Dec 2017
No-Life-King said:
Alberrti said:
How many chapters this episode covered? I really felt it very well paced but I don't remember in which number chapter of the manga this finished. I think they did a good adaptation (only if they didn't skipped so much of the manga, of course, how i said before, i don't remember).

5/5

It covered 7 chapters, well more precisely they skipped most of the content from that 7 chapters.....

which chapters????
Apr 17, 2018 10:18 AM

Jun 2012
pretty underwhelming episode

and yeah they skipped pretty much everything but its whatever I guess

no anime can cover everything...
Apr 17, 2018 10:23 AM
Apr 2018
Decent episode. One question: Who were the two guys talking about killing Haise so Kaneki comes back (in the disco)?
Apr 17, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2018
I enjoyed this episode there was laugh
Juuzo has less stitches and his hair is black ?
Still when there was so many new names I felt left out so I am going read manga as much as i can before next episode
Apr 17, 2018 10:32 AM

Aug 2016
Hm this one was pretty rushed again, not too sure what exactly they skipped since it's been a while since I read that part of the manga but it definitely felt like stuff was missing or rushed here and there...

Well we got to the auction which means best character in the entire show is about to show up so that's one good thing I guess.
Apr 17, 2018 10:34 AM

Jul 2017
I didn't really like this episode.. I don't like them changing suzuya, and they could have made Saiko better
Apr 17, 2018 10:35 AM

Aug 2016
MasterKing0806 said:
Decent episode. One question: Who were the two guys talking about killing Haise so Kaneki comes back (in the disco)?

Don't remeber if Roma (the girl) was fully introduced in the second season, but she used to work at Anteiku after Kaneki left.
The other guy is Nico who was always hanging around Yamori (Jason).
Apr 17, 2018 10:42 AM

Dec 2017
hm, they didn't show who delivered the basket of flowers to shinohara at the hospital, oh well

and boy, oh boy, naki looks more like naki now, i'm glad
Apr 17, 2018 10:43 AM

Apr 2016
The episode was very good , no action but still very good
BRAWLERS
Apr 17, 2018 10:45 AM

Dec 2015
Couldn't they have opened the door without using their kagune? I totally expected something epic when Urie's eyes turned and he released his kagune...

Hmmmm, I feel like Sasaki is far too comfortable wearing women's clothes >.> Juuzou too >.>

I liked the song during their sparring session/start of the auction.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 17, 2018 11:00 AM
Apr 2018
GreeenSponge said:
MasterKing0806 said:

Don't remeber if Roma (the girl) was fully introduced in the second season, but she used to work at Anteiku after Kaneki left.
The other guy is Nico who was always hanging around Yamori (Jason).

Ok, thanks a lot. No wonder that I forgot about them when they haven't been relevant characters.
Apr 17, 2018 11:01 AM

Jan 2018
3 episodes in and we're already at the auction...wtf pierrot!?
Apr 17, 2018 11:02 AM

Jul 2017
Not bad but again, felt really rushed to me yet again.
Apr 17, 2018 11:09 AM
Apr 2018
I feel that without reading the manga, the storyline is still chronologically very unknown and messed up. Let's see how it progresses.
Apr 17, 2018 11:19 AM

Jan 2017
The OP and ED seem to be growing on me, before I was like "no, first season OP was the best," now it's more like "I can get used to this!"

Woah though, what ever happened to the fateful encounter between touka and haise/kaneki in te last episode; I thought they'd show more of that.
Anyways, we've had now had an appearance from Suzuya though; to be honest, I prefer the white haired version over his current hair colour.

I seem to have forgotten the characters and I keep thinking if they were present in the last season; gotta go and check the season two characters like Hori etc.
Apr 17, 2018 11:32 AM
Sep 2016
Lucky_SLS said:
This season even though its following the manga till now, seems like it is missing something that mad house had.
Mad house brought that inner struggle within kaneki and also portrayed the views of ghouls n humans in such a convincing way.
till now, i got that feeling just from two scenes, nishio senpai and touka chan scene. storytelling kinda feels shallow this season till now.
urie should have gotten more screen time, his thoughts explains the quinx squad and their position within the team as well as in the ccg. damn....

Madhouse has never worked on Tokyo ghoul XD
Same studio still has it after ruining it already somehow

Boy I wish Madhouse had TG though :(
The entire anime just needs a reboot
1.1.Six
Apr 17, 2018 11:40 AM

Mar 2012
This was a damn good episode. The crossdressing was pretty amusing as well.
Apr 17, 2018 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
Not really impressed with this week's episode to be honest, other than the Shu stuff at least. I honestly don't understand how Saiko ever got to be an Investigator and a Quinx if she's essentially a shut-in unless she's forced to go outside. The stuff with trying to get Saiko to go on the mission also went on way too long, as did the silly crossdressing scene (although Sasaki certainly pulled it off, and would have probably had me fooled if we had just started there).

Also, something I've been wondering since the start: why do we get so much of Urie's internal monologue, but no one else's other than Sasaki's? It's not like Urie is any more important or notable than the rest of the Quinx squad at this stage anyway.
Apr 17, 2018 11:50 AM

Aug 2016
Slow the fuck down Pierrot
Apr 17, 2018 11:52 AM

Oct 2015
mhh i dont remember seeing hide in this arc
Apr 17, 2018 11:56 AM
Oct 2016
I have a question for all you manga readers. Isn't Sasaki supposed to be on a human flesh diet?
Apr 17, 2018 12:03 PM
Jun 2016
Alberrti said:

5/5

Well they did cover chapters 10-11-12-13-14-15-16 but they skipped a lot of things. I'm a little frustrated but after how they animated season 2, I guess I must pray for that never happening and try to look at from the bright side.

OH AND RIGHT SAME SCENES AREN'T CHRONOLOGICALLY RIGHT AND LOTS OF PARTS CUT OUT.

NO, I DON'T THINK I CAN LOOK AT THIS FROM THE BRIGHT SIDE D:
RenThePersonApr 2, 2019 12:29 PM
Apr 17, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2017
the voice actor for suzuya changed or what?
i like the previous voice.
Apr 17, 2018 12:23 PM
Dec 2015
Crossdressed Sasaki == Best trap
Episode was pretty chill, building up to the things set up for the auction arc.
This episode did feel a rushed, I hope they cover these up in the next episodes.

Gambare, studio clown!
Apr 17, 2018 12:34 PM

Nov 2016
Lmao Saiko is hilarious to watch, what a NEET and always sleeping. I like her character,she brings comedy to the group.
Everyone dress as women operation lmao. This felt like a buildup episode for the upcoming episodes. This operation will have something bad about it, I can feel it.
Also Kaneki's memories seems to be returning soon.
Apr 17, 2018 12:47 PM

Feb 2013
Poor Saiko, she has to work now.
Apr 17, 2018 12:53 PM
Jun 2017
Finally! Juuzou makes an appearance! I miss his white hair! ;-;
I guess it was good to see Tsukiyama eventhough he's not my fave! :P
I love Saiko's lazy personality! I enjoyed seeing more of her in this episode and I hope she gets more development! ^^
The scene where the Quinx Squad dresses up as women! I couldn't stop laughing!
I really liked this episode! <3

Apr 17, 2018 12:55 PM

Jun 2016
I think we can all relate to Saiko.

I feel like this would be even better if I knew who were new characters and who were returning cast. I should probably read the manga.

Apr 17, 2018 1:05 PM
Nov 2016
Well, they covered A LOT of chapters in this episode.

I am kinda torn about the pacing, on one hand I hate that they're condensing it this much but on the other hand this keeps the show interesting as the first few chapters were boring in the manga.... I didn't think we'd get to the auction THIS quick.
Apr 17, 2018 1:07 PM

Dec 2016
No-Life-King said:
Alberrti said:

5/5

Then the slow pace of the episode cheated me. I was happy in my ignorance bro, haha.
Apr 17, 2018 1:25 PM

Mar 2016
Some good fights coming up, can’t wait! For the anime only watchers this is a bit overwhelming because of all the new characters being thrown into the mix, but overall the pacing is okay for a 12 episode season!

[spoiler] I especially loved the montage at the end with ghouls and investigators...it went so well with the amazing ST! [spoiler]

Apr 17, 2018 1:26 PM
Dec 2014

Gabbatek said:
No-Life-King said:

which chapters????

chapters 10-16 but they rearranged and skipped a lot of things. D:
Apr 17, 2018 1:34 PM

Sep 2016
Juuzou, I love his new hair color.
I wonder why that jailed old ghoul interested in Sasaki's memories..
Wow, it would be fun if Sasaki and Ayato at the auction.
I think in the next episode will be some fights in the auction.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 9 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

23 by Loockl »»
Dec 3, 2023 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.