Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
High School DxD (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 18, 2018 1:53 PM

Dec 2013
Taifood said:
I have yet to understand why people like Issei. Yeah he's better than most bitch boy harem protagonists, but he still acts like a bitch every time women surround him. This constant artificial tension has never been more annoying after this long. He has no cause to resist their advances yet he does anyway. For someone who 'takes delight in this situation,' he should be going all out at any opportunity.

"But it's not a hentai!!"

Then don't fucking write him into situations like that then?

1. He hasn't recovered from his trauma caused by Raynare, so he hesitated to make any advance especially sexual stuff
2. Everytime he wants to the deeds, other girls will cockblock him due to editorial order not to make this series 21+
Apr 18, 2018 2:59 PM
Sep 2017
is anyone else upset that they censored this season? I watched the first 3 seasons on funimation and it wasnt censored.
Apr 18, 2018 3:51 PM

Apr 2008
komic said:
Darklight0303 said:

Rosseweisse joined them after the fight with Loki when Odin abandoned her

no. the Born she became a teacher in their school. She didn't join the family until the last episode of Born.

I am saying that she joined EARLIER IN THE NOVEL SO THEY ARE PRETENDING THAT IS WHAT HAPPENED. Do i seriously have to spell it out for you? mother of GODS
Apr 18, 2018 4:31 PM

Dec 2013
New artstyle is not bad, boobs look way better. But After all these years of being used to the old style I do miss it.
Koneko leveled up, but Xenovia leveled down

The only thing that really bothered me is that Rias’s personality seemed to have suddenly changed a bit. Previously there was admiration from Issei’s side and responsibility to the rest of the family from Rias’s side, which created a gap between them and made it so they couldn’t just throw themselves at each other even if they wanted to. That was were much of the tension between the two came from. That aspect seems to be overlooked for now.

Also is Rossweise now officialy part of the Rias’s family or not? Really confused because of the retcon on that part.
Apr 18, 2018 4:36 PM

Apr 2008
Mysteriala said:
New artstyle is not bad, boobs look way better. But After all these years of being used to the old style I do miss it.

The only thing that really bothered me is that Rias’s personality seemed to have suddenly changed a bit. Previously there was admiration from Issei’s side and responsibility to the rest of the family from Rias’s side, which created a gap between them and made it so they couldn’t just throw themselves at each other even if they wanted to. That was were much of the tension between the two came from. That aspect seems to be overlooked for now.

Also is Rossweise now officialy part of the Rias’s family or not? Really confused because of the retcon on that part.

No this is how Rias is in the novels too. It's all about how hard she's falling for Issei.

Yes she is completley part of Rias' peerage.
Apr 18, 2018 10:10 PM
May 2017
Royalknightftw said:
1. He hasn't recovered from his trauma caused by Raynare, so he hesitated to make any advance especially sexual stuff
2. Everytime he wants to the deeds, other girls will cockblock him due to editorial order not to make this series 21+
1) So there's been no character development at all since episode one aside from power creeping. Nice.
2) I know that, which was the entire point of why I said it's dumb to constantly write Issei into these scenarios and have it blocked by bullshit #365384. It got old a long time ago. I don't see the problem with having the same amount of fan service but having Issei fuck them offscreen to keep the rating the same. At least the writing would make more sense.
Apr 18, 2018 10:59 PM

Dec 2013
Taifood said:
Royalknightftw said:
1) So there's been no character development at all since episode one aside from power creeping. Nice.
2) I know that, which was the entire point of why I said it's dumb to constantly write Issei into these scenarios and have it blocked by bullshit #365384. It got old a long time ago. I don't see the problem with having the same amount of fan service but having Issei fuck them offscreen to keep the rating the same. At least the writing would make more sense.

1. Just watch this entire season and you will see. I am not gonna spoil it for you and do you think overcoming someone's trauma can be done overnight? Pfft
2. Each publisher has its own rules. For fujimishobo, the publisher of DxD, having sex offscreen, still counts as 21+. If the author breaks the ruless, he will get a LOT of troubles from his editor and publisher. Why don't you just consider those scenes as just a mere fan service?. The anime version will have to stay faithful to original material, so having sex off screen is also a big no
RoyalknightftwApr 18, 2018 11:02 PM
Apr 18, 2018 11:37 PM
Feb 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Mysteriala said:

No this is how Rias is in the novels too. It's all about how hard she's falling for Issei.

As a non novel reader, i prefer old Rias personality.
Apr 18, 2018 11:48 PM
Feb 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Mysteriala said:

Idk its bad or good to be adapted like the novel. but for me who has seen the anime before the novel, i prefer Rias old personality.
Now Rias already submitted to Issei. pretty much one of the major plot is finished cause thats Issei's motivation to get acknowledged by Rias
Apr 19, 2018 12:46 AM

Apr 2008
Sossig said:
Darklight0303 said:

Idk its bad or good to be adapted like the novel. but for me who has seen the anime before the novel, i prefer Rias old personality.
Now Rias already submitted to Issei. pretty much one of the major plot is finished cause thats Issei's motivation to get acknowledged by Rias

No his motivation is to stand by Rias as a worthy equal. Not to just be ACKNOWLEDGED. you completely misunderstood it. The rias you prefered is not the true Rias.
Apr 19, 2018 3:09 AM

Nov 2016
They're getting better art style tbh. I love the new one more.
Apr 19, 2018 5:44 AM
Apr 2018
HighSchool DxD hero failed before it began with the Childish animation otherwise it's good since it's following the manga story again but I must say I never wanted to fast forward any episode of it till this season. I hope they go back to its original animation while following the manga again then it'll be great
Apr 19, 2018 5:45 AM

Apr 2008
Grprouty said:
HighSchool DxD hero failed before it began with the Childish animation otherwise it's good since it's following the manga story again but I must say I never wanted to fast forward any episode of it till this season. I hope they go back to its original animation while following the manga again then it'll be great

You can't be serious. The fight with Sairaorg looked better and more fluid than all the fights in Born combined. No the old animation is NEVER COMING BACK.
Apr 19, 2018 6:37 AM
Apr 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Grprouty said:

You can't be serious. The fight with Sairaorg looked better and more fluid than all the fights in Born combined. No the old animation is NEVER COMING BACK.
yeah I agree the new animation look really clean and smooth then old one cannot wait to watch episode 2
Apr 19, 2018 9:34 AM

Mar 2016
I saw the uncensored version and I have to say...That Akeno eyecatch is bad for my health.

All in all a veery good episode. Exactly what I hoped to expect from DxD.
Apr 19, 2018 1:26 PM
Apr 2018
Ok guys. I have a question. Which one is stronger.

Shalba Beelzebub vs Sairaorg

I heard Sairaorg have the same power like Rias and we know how definitely she lost the fight with Shalba.

So Issey should defeat Sairaorg but he didn't stronger.

Why Issey didn't beat Sairaorg?

If Sairaorg fought Shalba who would win?
Apr 19, 2018 1:33 PM
Apr 2018
Matpower said:
Ok guys. I have a question. Which one is stronger.

Shalba Beelzebub vs Sairaorg

I heard Sairaorg have the same power like Rias and we know how definitely she lost the fight with Shalba.

So Issey should defeat Sairaorg but he didn't stronger.

Why Issey didn't beat Sairaorg?

If Sairaorg fought Shalba who would win?
Sairaorg is strong than rias or Shalba Beelzebub during he fight with issei in he balance breaker form. Sairaorg only using 10% of he true strength. I don't want to spoiler what is he true ability.
ahan55Apr 19, 2018 1:43 PM
Apr 19, 2018 1:40 PM
Apr 2018
Do you mean Issei used only 10% power ?
Apr 19, 2018 1:43 PM
Apr 2018
Matpower said:
Do you mean Issei used only 10% power ?
not I mean Sairaorg
Apr 19, 2018 2:45 PM

Sep 2013
This new art style is like.... 3 times better than the old one. Also the quality of animation has improved dramatically. Much more fluid

A collection of gifs from the episode

Apr 19, 2018 3:40 PM

Oct 2016
cupc said:
This new art style is like.... 3 times better than the old one. Also the quality of animation has improved dramatically. Much more fluid

A collection of gifs from the episode

So true! I'm liking the new art style and the fluidity of the animation as well.
Apr 19, 2018 4:32 PM
Dec 2017
High school dxd is pure cringe but we still watch it anyway
Apr 19, 2018 7:43 PM
May 2015
I am disappointed that they didn't have the final confrontation between Loki and Vali.
Apr 19, 2018 9:45 PM
Apr 2018
azeem40 said:
I am disappointed that they didn't have the final confrontation between Loki and Vali.
I know your feel bro
Apr 19, 2018 10:18 PM

Apr 2014
god i love this series and so good to have it back and with its source material

not to mention the new art style and overall animation is a huge improvement imo making me love this season even more

also love the new op and ed, the music is perfect and the op and ed them selves are really nice, though do have to say the op video seemed to be lacking imo as i was thinking it would have alot more going on but i love the song! as for the ed its perfect lots of things going on and great music

but with all of that said am looking forward to the next ep and the rest of this season though its gonna be rough waiting for each ep to come out wish i would have just waited for all the eps to release and then watched it all in 1 sitting but really couldn't help myself
DazeFireApr 19, 2018 10:38 PM
"one step at a time"
Apr 20, 2018 5:03 AM

Jan 2015
I think the new art style really suits Koneko, she looks lovely!
Apart from that the sparring with Sairaorg was very hype, can't wait for more
Apr 20, 2018 5:57 AM
Sep 2015
First episode feels like the girls are more assertive to Issei this time. I'm surprised that Issei is hugging Rias naked in bed.

The art style is not bad but it's going to take a bit of time for me to get used to it. Some of their expressions doesn't seem right to me. That being said, at least the art style is not just plain cringy like one anime in particular that I won't mention here.

I wonder when they'll reach the point where:
Apr 20, 2018 6:01 AM

Apr 2008
ttnh03 said:
First episode feels like the girls are more assertive to Issei this time. I'm surprised that Issei is hugging Rias naked in bed.

The art style is not bad but it's going to take a bit of time for me to get used to it. Some of their expressions doesn't seem right to me. That being said, at least the art style is not just plain cringy like one anime in particular that I won't mention here.

Not this season. Probably not next season either. That's all the way in volume 23 pretty much
Apr 20, 2018 6:37 AM
Sep 2015
Darklight0303 said:
ttnh03 said:

Not this season. Probably not next season either. That's all the way in volume 23 pretty much

Damn, and here I thought it will happen next season too. I doubt DxD is going to go that far into the anime either...

Oh well, thanks for the info!
Apr 21, 2018 9:19 AM

Nov 2013
Ehh, I like the old style better, but this one is not so bad. This design has it’s own appeal to it, the girls are made to look more cute, and what’s great about this new studio change is that the animation looks amazing, even better than the old seasons. The character designs do feel a bit off though, especially Rias. I wish we could have had this quality of animation, but with the old character designs, however I am not too concerned about it. This should be better than BorN for sure.

Koneko, I would definitely say is better this season lol.. She is sexy as hell now, before she was one of my least favorite from the series... Looking forward to more.
Apr 21, 2018 11:23 AM

Jan 2011
While the fight honestly wasn't too bad and the dialogue between the two wasn't cringey I am very disappointed by the lack of nudity (of rias).
Apr 21, 2018 2:15 PM
Jul 2015
While I enjoyed this, I cannot get used to the new artstyle. It doesn't help that it's pretty inconsistent. The lenght and width of their faces changes way too much.
But overall their faces are way too long.
The hair is just wrong as well.
The artstyle is still way too cutesy for me. The previous artstyle and the artstyle from the LN are way sexier and demonic.
The sparring scene between Sairaorg and Issei was awesome though. I think we can trust this studio to do fightscenes really well at the very least.
Apr 21, 2018 2:21 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
CeddyyBearr said:
Good to see that DxD is back! New art style sure is way different but I have nothing against it. "The power of Boobs", It never fails to amuse me, its too funny. Fight against Sairaorg was quite nice. Looking forward for more!

Oh Koneko, I have missed you!

Great first episode! First Akeno, then Koneko... I think this new artstyle will give me alot more nosebleeds, I have never Koneko this cute!!

I was never on this series for the nudity for starters, what caught me was the sense of comradery and easygoingess between all the cast.

Then adapted Sairaorg pretty well IMO, that first fight clearly puts the action standarts on an new level, I M HYPED!
Apr 21, 2018 3:35 PM

May 2015
If Issei has similar methods of trianing I wonder if Sairaorg has the same dubious approaches of powering up...? ^_^
Apr 22, 2018 3:05 AM
Apr 2018
Roy_Focker said:
If Issei has similar methods of trianing I wonder if Sairaorg has the same dubious approaches of powering up...? ^_^

He power up whenever he flex his six packs?
RiverliaApr 22, 2018 3:11 AM
Apr 22, 2018 2:31 PM

May 2015
Good old DxD. :))))
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 22, 2018 5:01 PM

May 2015
Riverlia said:
Roy_Focker said:

He power up whenever he flex his six packs?
Then it is a non-contest XD
Apr 23, 2018 8:50 AM

Nov 2016
when the hell is episode 2?
Apr 23, 2018 8:54 AM

Apr 2008
revyHOLiC said:
when the hell is episode 2?

Tomorrow >_> You really even need to ask?
Apr 23, 2018 10:08 PM
Apr 2018
when i see body sairaorg i am very happy. and Rias's face is very Kawaii
Apr 24, 2018 12:58 AM
May 2016
Blarey said:
Ehh, I like the old style better, but this one is not so bad. This design has it’s own appeal to it, the girls are made to look more cute, and what’s great about this new studio change is that the animation looks amazing, even better than the old seasons. The character designs do feel a bit off though, especially Rias. I wish we could have had this quality of animation, but with the old character designs, however I am not too concerned about it. This should be better than BorN for sure.

Sorry but i want to tell, you can't have this kind of animation with TNK artstyle unless you have movie-size budget and schedule, and even with them you will still see some mixed 3D CGI and limited animation(like Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection of F Movie)
May 2, 2018 5:00 PM

Dec 2014
Damn I love DxD eyecatches

Issei and Rias 100% banged during that night
May 4, 2018 5:49 AM

Jul 2013
Alright first episode of the season and the second episode with this artstyle and even though I still prefer the old one and that will probably never change, I'm slowly getting used to it a couple of more episodes and I probably won't mind it. Anyway Rias' little brother's question was out of the blue I know Issei calling her president is an issue but you have to ease into it in order to address it and not just have some kid ask about it like it matters to him lololol
May 5, 2018 8:23 AM

Feb 2013
Pretty much the same as the rest.

Issei is still recovering... fight this dude for fun... ok...
May 10, 2018 8:09 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Rias was very audacious with this kiss in the station-train!!!! kekeke
May 12, 2018 4:41 PM

Oct 2013
I love this!!!
It's really like the novel!

If the whole season keeps this rythm and gets to cover Volumes 9&10 then it will be the best DxD season so far.

May 23, 2018 12:24 PM
Sep 2017
Harsh_Singh said:
Where did you find episode 1 ??
Crunchyroll vs kiss. I'm partial to CR though.
Aug 8, 2018 7:15 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid start of this season I must say, all the characters are here again and we do seem to have another starting point for our harem master, so I am quite interested to see what this season will offer!
Aug 11, 2018 2:35 PM

Dec 2015
That was kinda boring tbh, I expected better, especially in terms of fanservice.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 19, 2018 8:29 AM

Apr 2011
The bout was nice. Issei needs to improve fast to have a better chance against that guy.

I really need to get used to the new design.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Season 5 possibility

Homura24 - Jun 11, 2023

44 by KrishanMCK »»
Mar 29, 7:11 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tsubasalover - Aug 8, 2018

74 by ajay173 »»
Mar 8, 1:55 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

99 by EngeLxS »»
Feb 20, 3:23 PM

» Season 5 Confirmed???

LoliSenpai0x - Feb 25, 2019

45 by William12259 »»
Jan 18, 4:08 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2018

103 by Siertaren »»
Jan 12, 11:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.