Forum Settings
Forums

Do you add anime you watched as a child to your anime list?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 18, 2018 3:59 PM

Apr 2014
depends on how good it is when i watched it. spirited away and ponyo were great imo so they get added. inuyasha, bobobo, and dbz which i didn't really care for back then don't/didn't get added until i restart/ed them from scratch
Apr 18, 2018 4:17 PM

Feb 2018
RedPlaty said:
depends on how good it is when i watched it. spirited away and ponyo were great imo so they get added. inuyasha, bobobo, and dbz which i didn't really care for back then don't/didn't get added until i restart/ed them from scratch

Eh, I don't think I would have the endurance and the patience after all these years to watch them stare each other down for episodes and episodes and power up for an entire episode in DBZ, seems that there are a lot of better paced anime out there to watch :D
Gropefruit said:
As a kid the only anime I saw was on TV, but those don't count considering all that aired was about 3 eps of naruto a week with 2 repeats. When I first got into anime I was in secondary school/high school so I got those on my list.

So it was actually just 1 episode, but repeated 2 times in a week? I think my TV had them running every day, but the dub was awful, I started to watch online by that time already.
Apr 18, 2018 4:17 PM

Jan 2017
Yes, but only those that I know I have watched from start to finish. Either as an adult or as a child. So the first 3 seasons of Digimon, Pokemon original, Diamond, and Pearl, Sailor Moon, and Dragonball. I remember watching a bit of the first season of Yu-Gi-Oh, some Ultimate Muscle, a little of the fourth season of Digimon, and a few episodes of Monster Rancher. But I haven't rewatched any of those series as an adult.
Apr 18, 2018 4:23 PM

Mar 2015
No, because I don't remember them. My mom said I used to love Sailor Moon, but I have no recollection of it whatsoever, same with Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh. Why add it to my list if I don't remember it?? Also, what's the chance I even finished them?
woah there
Apr 18, 2018 4:26 PM

Feb 2017
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Gropefruit said:
As a kid the only anime I saw was on TV, but those don't count considering all that aired was about 3 eps of naruto a week with 2 repeats. When I first got into anime I was in secondary school/high school so I got those on my list.

So it was actually just 1 episode, but repeated 2 times in a week? I think my TV had them running every day, but the dub was awful, I started to watch online by that time already.

Lord I can't remember, it was all over the place, it was like they'd roll a dice to decide which ep to air & it just so happens to be the 1 where they talk the whole ep >:

Apr 18, 2018 5:24 PM

Oct 2017
IntoOpenWaters said:
-SP- said:
Only if I completed them, otherwise I re-watch them.

I do this exact same thing. I'm slowly trying to re-watch all of the anime I remember from my childhood that I'm not 100% certain I completed. I've got most of them knocked out by now, but there's the occasional title I can't find (i.e. Tama and Friends).

I actually really like kid's anime, as well as reliving my childhood. I recently finished re-watching the first two seasons of Digimon in anticipation of the final Digimon Tri movie in a couple of weeks, though I actually re-watch Digimon every couple of years anyways. There really isn't an age limit on this stuff; it's still enjoyable at 29!

I went back and watched all the Beyblade series but for some the older series it's extremely difficult to find them. There are many series I watched as kid that aren't available online or at least in English subbed or dubbed.

Btw Tama and friends is available online but I believe it's Japanese only on Nyaasi if you search it under 3 Choume no Tama: Uchi no Tama Shirimasenka?
Apr 18, 2018 8:21 PM
Nov 2017
I don't add shows I was familiar with but didn't really watch (dragon ball, yu-gi-oh). I did binge watch every pokemon and digimon episode as a kid though, pretty fun ignoring all the filler lmao.
Apr 18, 2018 9:12 PM
Jun 2014
I do of course! I`m not that into keeping my list totally accurate concerning watch dates and so on, haha.
Apr 18, 2018 9:14 PM

Dec 2015
I do, but I don't bother with the dates. If I'm not sure I've watched all of it it's going to my dropped list btw.
Apr 18, 2018 9:52 PM

Nov 2013
I add them if I re-watch them in the original Japanese audio like sailor moon , card captur sakura , hxh 1999 ....ect
BTW some of them I couldn’t finish it , and I told myself how I loved it? HOW I FUCKING LOVE IT when I was kid ? my childhood ....
Apr 19, 2018 12:00 AM

Oct 2017
I try to, but it's not representative or reliable.
Apr 19, 2018 12:04 AM

Dec 2016
Nope!
I watched a lot of anime in my childhood ..
The anime that i add it's when i became a anime fan !
Apr 19, 2018 12:40 AM

Dec 2014
I just can't because I never fully completed them. I couldn't watch them every day and never had full access to a computer to watch them. It's only a few but they were the long running ones.

I like to keep my list clean and avoid any anime i didnt watch every single episode of for my fans and friends. My list has to be accurate.

A few of my friends put ones as a kid on their list and it made their "time watched" and stuff like that sky rocket. I just hate having an inaccurate list.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Apr 19, 2018 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
Of course I do. If I don't remember what ep I exactly dropped them in, I look up ep summaries...

The dates? Don't bother: I don't remember anyways.
Apr 19, 2018 12:48 AM

Apr 2013
Yeah I add them all and try to rate the ones I completed. The others I add in my dropped section, might wanna watch them one day though.
Apr 19, 2018 1:11 AM

Feb 2016
Nope. If it's been that long, then I don't really remember the anime well and can't bring myself to give it a rating due to that.

Planning to rewatch Dragon Ball here soon for that reason. Already watched DBZ, GT and I'm watching Super, so time to go backwards to DB and see where it all began. Also had Air Master which I forgot about and rewatched so I could add it/rate it. Probably amongst the first handful/dozen of anime I had seen, completely forgot it.

Ended up remembering when I saw a post on here talking about Air Gear. It triggered my memory and I remembered.

Dates, I don't bother logging. I don't care.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Apr 19, 2018 1:20 AM

Dec 2008
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
The anime you watched in your childhood, or simply a long time ago, do you add it to your list?

Sanshiro, Takarajima, Igano Kabamaro. Nope.
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
What about the dates?

That’s my problem. All the animes I’ve watched so far, can’t recall their dates. I watched “Violet Evergarden” few days ago, and yet again, I’ve been careless about the date I watched Violet. More like “Eh... who gives about dates?”
Apr 19, 2018 2:14 AM

Dec 2016
Renkini said:
Of course I add them. Especially Digimon Adventure. I even added it to my favorites a while ago but I feel a little childish so I removed it.

I have Digimon in my favorites and don't feel childish at all. There's no problem in having a kids show as one of your favorites. You don't become an immature person or a young kid that knows nothing about life because of that. What makes you immature is having behaviors and attitudes that normal children have in your daily life, not liking shows that were aimed towards them. There's nothing wrong with that, so you shouldn't feel ashamed or something if you have one of them as your favorites.

Besides, the show is fantastic, you could really tell there was a lot of love put into it, it is certainly one of the best kids shows out there, and moreover, it is one of the few "kids" shows that can be enjoyable and be interesting for all ages, so if there's one "kids" anime by which one as an adult should not be ashamed or feel insecure at all to have as one of your favorites it's precisely this :)
Apr 19, 2018 2:23 AM

Feb 2018
I don't do it, simply because i don't even remember if I've watched them entirely lol

Apr 19, 2018 3:39 AM

Sep 2015
Ok but define child lol
I got into anime properly around 10, and i've watched a shitload more than my profile suggests, but because I wasn't tracking the sheer mass of anime my 10-y/o ass was viewing I don't remember everything lol.
If I remember one, I add it to the list because not everything is going to have an impact to stick with you through ten years.

Stuff that aired on TV when i was three though? Nah, that gets filed under 'Saturday morning cartoons. '
「 The show wasn't bad, it was camp ♥ 」

Apr 19, 2018 4:03 AM
Apr 2014
I am pretty sure I added every single anime I've ever watched (even if it was only one episode or parts of a movie; I put those all in my On-hold list). If I remember one, I add them as soon as possible.
The dates are another problem... Most of my list is (atleast up until a few months ago) pretty dateless. You just don't think about that feature when you're new to the site (like I did) or you are too lazy to do so (like I did).
NelloPedApr 19, 2018 4:10 AM
Apr 19, 2018 4:41 AM

Nov 2016
Yeah most them generally if I happen to remember them and if I also happened to finish them to but not shows like pokemon or digimon since I will just watch them occasionally and them it comes to date I have never really cared about it
Apr 19, 2018 6:49 AM

Jun 2011
Glenfinnan said:
Renkini said:
Of course I add them. Especially Digimon Adventure. I even added it to my favorites a while ago but I feel a little childish so I removed it.

I have Digimon in my favorites and don't feel childish at all. There's no problem in having a kids show as one of your favorites. You don't become an immature person or a young kid that knows nothing about life because of that. What makes you immature is having behaviors and attitudes that normal children have in your daily life, not liking shows that were aimed towards them. There's nothing wrong with that, so you shouldn't feel ashamed or something if you have one of them as your favorites.

Besides, the show is fantastic, you could really tell there was a lot of love put into it, it is certainly one of the best kids shows out there, and moreover, it is one of the few "kids" shows that can be enjoyable and be interesting for all ages, so if there's one "kids" anime by which one as an adult should not be ashamed or feel insecure at all to have as one of your favorites it's precisely this :)

Actually, I think more mature people tend to have more kids shows on their list. Usually because they watch anime with kids. Be it their own or family members.

Digimon Adventure is one of those continuously great kids shows.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 19, 2018 7:15 AM

Mar 2018
Glenfinnan said:
Renkini said:

I understand where you're coming from but another reason I removed DA from my list is that I've a lot of anime I want to add. I wavered for a long time deciding which anime I should add to my top 10. 10 is not enough for a guy like me who watched a little too much anime. (Maybe I should consider supporting MAL a bit :D) Currently, I prioritized adding SoL shows since it's my favorite genre next to psychological. That's why I decided to remove DA from my list.

Apr 19, 2018 8:56 AM

Mar 2018
Obviously I do add them, that's how I got to 22'233 episodes in 242 entries, old anime shows have all over 100+ episodes.

Signifie said:
Pullman said:
To anyone not adding them because they don't remember them in detail, do you also delete anime from your list once you can't remember them clearly? Imo there's no difference between having an anime I watched in 2010 after I joined MAL on my list even tho by now I can barely remember any details about it, and having an anime from childhood on my list for which the same is the case. The only difference is that MAL didn't exist yet when I was a kid so I didn't add it while it was still fresh in my memory.

The difference is that I know for sure I completed every single episode of the anime that I can barely remember details about that are on my list, in your case those would be the anime you watched in 2010, whereas with childhood anime I have no idea how many exact episodes I watched and I doubt many others can recall that either.

If you watched it daily for a long period of time you can assume you watched the entire show.
Apr 19, 2018 9:08 AM

Mar 2017
I put them on-hold unless I know I watched every single episode
An admin's dickhead Soul banned me from MAL t('v't)
Apr 19, 2018 11:41 AM

Nov 2017
I would. But I doubt I watched anime when I was a kid. All I had was nickelodeon and I don't think I ever saw shows on there that are on MAL. Closest to anime on nickelodeon that I can think off is Avatar

plz @ me
Apr 19, 2018 11:42 AM

Dec 2013
sure, if i remember the title
but i cant remember how many episodes i watched generally because i would just catch whatever's on TV so i just say its 'on hold'
Apr 19, 2018 12:08 PM

Oct 2017
I add the ones that I watched as a child, I know that I have completed them as I have some on VHS and many of DVD. And I had a lot of spare time without an aerial connected to my tv, I can remember many different details but I know I completed them.
Apr 19, 2018 1:49 PM

Mar 2018
I actually rewatched my childhood animes over and over for a while (Pokemon and Yuigoh) so I did add those. Added the movies too but no specials or OVAs or anything similar to that nature.

Oddly enough, I haven't added any Ghibli movies that I watched as a child, since I would enjoy them but not fully understand some of the themes (example: Mononoke Hime).
Apr 21, 2018 4:39 AM

Dec 2012
Only if I re-watch them.

Beyblade
Digimon
Dragonball Z, GT
Medabots
Pokemon
Sailor Moon
Shin-chan
Yu-Gi-Oh

Are all Anime I watched when I was younger and I feel like a few of them I watched most of the episodes but a fairly big chance I missed some so I can't deem them "complete" in my mind so don' really want them on my list.

I kinda do want them on my list but I need to re-watch and well I fall of quickly even if I don't recall most of the episodes >.<
Apr 21, 2018 5:51 AM

Apr 2010
Only few of them, not all of them. There were too many, and I don't find them different than normal cartoons, and mot of them I can't remember.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - 2 hours ago

10 by Citrone39 »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows?

EverRealm - 37 minutes ago

9 by Kenzolo-folk »»
10 minutes ago

» Favorite Spring 2024 OP/ED?

Serafos - Apr 15

19 by IKKIsama »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » So, is anime male or female?

Tirinchas - Yesterday

23 by Zarutaku »»
13 minutes ago

» Does being an anime fan make you proud or embarassed?

BuddhaIsBetter - 4 hours ago

19 by Zakception »»
38 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.