Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Yowamushi Pedal
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 16, 2018 10:44 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Jesus Christ, the stress some of these characters go through is intense. Cyclists really deserve a break sometimes.

A pretty intense episode. I love Hakuno's comeback and surprising one of their rivals. The episode still puts some over the top comedy as expected for the muscles lol. I feel like that gimmick never gets old now.

Apr 16, 2018 12:59 PM

Jan 2010
I Might as well start calling this Yowamushi Pedal: Hakone, because apparently its only about them now and they are winning every race now.
Apr 16, 2018 1:29 PM

Aug 2014
I just hate Izumida so much (he will always be a joke character to me, being Hakone's captain didn't change that), actually kinda pissed he won, but it does make sense, the only thing driving Komari forward is his lust for muscles anyway.

"Sohoku Falls Behind" is next week's episode title. What did they mean with this?! They already fell behind!

valerium said:
I Might as well start calling this Yowamushi Pedal: Hakone, because apparently its only about them now and they are winning every race now.

I like how KyoFushi is receiving screen time too but yeah Hakone is starting to overstay its welcome. I just want Onoda and the gang back already.
Apr 16, 2018 1:33 PM

Nov 2016
Hakone is on a damn winning streak.

It was a fantastic and super intense episode again,not just the racing,but also the psychological aspect. So glad that Izumida overcame his guilt in the end,even tho I was honestly worried because of the bottle at the beginning :S

Seeing the three Hakone senpais after the sprint was pretty nice.

Looking forward to the mountain stage. I'm also dying to know how far Aoyagi and Kaburagi progressed with catching up and if Sohoku is going to be complete again next time.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 16, 2018 1:34 PM

Nov 2012
I'll give this season 1 more episode or 2 if Hakone wins once more i drop it, i got tired of it, i tought to myself "i hope kyoto gets this one at least" ... what was i expecting i somehow already knew the outcome.
Apr 16, 2018 2:05 PM

Dec 2014
Pretty good episode again albeit dragged out a little at the end.

The bottle on the road thing felt a little contrived to me but it was pretty awesome to see Izumida push through and win it.

Well, Hakone sure are on winning streak right now, they've been taking everything. It was real nice to see Shinkai at the finish line though. That moment between him and Izumida was great.

Glad to see Fukutomi and Toudou at the end. Looking forward to the climb.
Apr 16, 2018 2:09 PM

Dec 2015
Good episode, intense. Glad to see the Hakone senpais and how much I have yelled just for Toudou at the end of the episode lol.

Can’t wait for the mountain stage, I’m curious who will going for it... I have read some spoilers but I forgot xD

set by taiyaki

Apr 16, 2018 2:12 PM

Jan 2014
asdlolxd_ said:
I'll give this season 1 more episode or 2 if Hakone wins once more i drop it, i got tired of it, i tought to myself "i hope kyoto gets this one at least" ... what was i expecting i somehow already knew the outcome.

Don't drop, You'll be rewarded if you stick it out..... unless they don't get to certain parts by the end of the season.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 16, 2018 2:18 PM

Nov 2012
uran10 said:
asdlolxd_ said:

Don't drop, You'll be rewarded if you stick it out..... unless they don't get to certain parts by the end of the season.

Thanks for the info, i hope it surprises me.
Apr 16, 2018 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, is this about Hakone? I couldn't care less about Izumida nor Shinkai, too much screen time. And I wanted Kyoto Fushimi to win; the danger they generate it's always worthless at the end.

I hope Yowapeda don't dissapoint and surprises me in the next episodes
Apr 16, 2018 2:45 PM
May 2013
Sohoku simply doesn't have a reliable 3rd years, and a one weak 1st year.
In my opinion, it is a great development, Hakone is winning right now is it because they are capable of it and they deserved it.
this whole situation would have been different if only Imaizumi made the right decision.

and there is still the climb and finish line so Midousuji and Kyoto could still win it all.
najib90Apr 16, 2018 2:53 PM
Apr 16, 2018 2:58 PM

Apr 2015
I don't want to admit it but i feel that this season is Hakone's season...
Apr 16, 2018 3:15 PM

Feb 2013
The muscles evolved and he won the sprint.
Damn, I want Midousuji to make his move and win the mountain stage even though it's not easy, or maybe he is waiting for the last day to make an all out attack.
Apr 16, 2018 9:22 PM

Mar 2016
It kinda reliefs me knowing that I'm not the only one that doesn't feel comfortable with the direction of the series focusing more on Hakone high than our folks of Sohoku. Not that I dislike those guys, but I started watching this because Onoda and his team climbing to the top, and that's what expect in the next episodes.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 16, 2018 10:19 PM

Apr 2013
I'm getting annoyed and tired with Hakone getting all the win. The only Hakone's win I enjoy is the one with Kuroda in it.
Apr 17, 2018 12:23 AM
Sep 2013
bad episode.

too much hakone gakuen.
Apr 17, 2018 7:34 AM
Apr 2017
hakone hakone hakone everywhere

too much hakone here,

the main chara isn't onoda or shohoku team anymore. why??? -____-
Apr 17, 2018 7:42 AM
Sep 2015
Now that's the end of 'The Adventure of Niku'
Izumida-san really deserve this win, he really became a perfect spear. Hakone is trying very hard this year after their previous shocking loss. While my favorite combo will always be Midousuji+Komari but they're only 2 strong members in the team (that's why they've to depend a lot on super good planning and underhand tactic).
And I'd be very very surprise if Sohoku win this year, or even second place will still surprise me, they're trainwreck, and this loss will serve as motivation in next year when Onoda's third year.
Apr 18, 2018 12:30 AM

Oct 2008
ABU won huh...I was so happy cheering Hakone because of the awesome background music! lolz i'm cheering for the opposing team...but why not!?
Nice to see alumni members of Hakone: Shinkai, Fukutomi and Toudou Jinpachi!
5/5.

Apr 18, 2018 1:38 AM
Sep 2017
valerium
Apr 16, 2018, 12:59 PM
Apr 18, 2018 2:32 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Nice sprint included a water bottle in the middle of the goal!!!! kekeke
Apr 18, 2018 10:45 PM

Nov 2013
i think this season is Hakone season...not Kyoto
Apr 20, 2018 10:49 AM

Mar 2018
I'm seeing this through because I've been on board since season one, but stretching one sprint over 3 eps is a little much. You can tell the pacing is whack, and they're struggling to make this thing 24 episodes. Probably should have just done its in 13 eps.
Apr 21, 2018 10:27 AM

Nov 2007
:( waaa. what happened? i thought sohoku is the main team. >.<
Apr 21, 2018 5:07 PM

Oct 2010
BS! I wanted the Niku guy to win. And Sohuku getting their butts kicked as usual, good, good.
'Ask her to wait a moment— I am almost done.' - Carl Friedrich Gauss ( When told, while working, that his wife was dying).
Apr 22, 2018 6:20 AM

Jan 2014
PrettiBoiSlim said:
I'm seeing this through because I've been on board since season one, but stretching one sprint over 3 eps is a little much. You can tell the pacing is whack, and they're struggling to make this thing 24 episodes. Probably should have just done its in 13 eps.

They aren't stretching it actually, If you've been watching since season 1 you know the amount of backstory each character gets during a race, they cover 2-4 chapters every episode. The muscle guy's backstory was 2 full chapters which is why it was so long. That sprint lasted a while.
Watch Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha, you wont be disappointed. http://q.pokefarm.org/user/Uran10
Check out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEz0PrV3Vh-ksW0mzOWnnSQ

Apr 22, 2018 9:40 AM

Mar 2018
uran10 said:
PrettiBoiSlim said:

They aren't stretching it actually, If you've been watching since season 1 you know the amount of backstory each character gets during a race, they cover 2-4 chapters every episode. The muscle guy's backstory was 2 full chapters which is why it was so long. That sprint lasted a while.

I do, but they also introduced us to Izumida in the first season. I was fine with the one ep dedicated to Kishigami, but we don't need 2 more eps of Izumida's story, when the whole story is that he's upset Hakone lost last year and doesn't want to disappoint his seniors again.

The previous seasons found a nice balance of intensity, comedy, etc. For me, this peaked in the YowaPedal movie. Then New Generation was alright, and Glory Line is okay still, it just seems so much more goofy/campy to me than the previous seasons. Maybe that's how the source material is, but even if that is the case, it doesn't change that it feels like they've run out of ideas for how to continue making things engaging and intense, so they're amplifying all of it too much to try to compensate.
Apr 22, 2018 9:36 PM

Oct 2012
epic episode, 6/5.

Izumida is my favorite character on this season. If the whole season would continue focusing solely on him I won't complain.
Apr 26, 2018 7:26 AM

May 2007
Oh god, I was afraid Hakone would lose for once, thank hime that didn't happen otherwise they would all spend another year whining and complaining.

My anime list
May 8, 2018 11:39 AM
Oct 2007
That pacing for last 8 minutes or so after crossing the finishing line was a bit too slow for my liking.

The tension, hype and build-up at the start were top notch once again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2018 4:50 AM
Apr 2011
Story seems to be repeating itself :(
I only feel drag no intensity.
ps: If things like this,will we be able to see graduation of Onoda? (also 43th interhigh)
if we won't and shohoku will not become 3 year champs then the whole serie become meaningless :(
ManiacreatorOct 6, 2018 4:55 AM
Aug 9, 2019 7:40 AM

Mar 2015
Hmmm Hakone lapping up all the prizes wut
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 16, 2020 12:53 PM

May 2016
Oh, so it used to be a show about Sohoku? Really? Who's Sohoku?
Don't get me wrong, I really like HakoGaku, but come on, I wanna se my children already >,<
Feb 28, 2021 6:11 PM
Oct 2010
Guess the Eyelashes guy and Komori found each other 🤣
May 24, 2021 8:26 PM

Jul 2010
Arrvilja said:

Tru, this is match made in Heaven XDD One has the most beautiful muscles out there, the other is thirsty for them.They can speak in their own "ABU" language and communicate this way 🤣
Jul 29, 2021 6:15 AM

Jul 2015
Izumida learned from his mistake from last year and just waltzed through the waterbottle this time ABS ABS ABS! I would've lost my shit if that freak would've won from Izumida

Oct 18, 2022 1:58 PM
Sep 2010
wtf is happening here, did we switch protagonists or something why is an opening playing for Hakone, they're treating it like some major hero breakthrough, its not, these are the guys we want to lose, this is stupid.

what a pointless character Komari turned out to be and we wasted an entire episode on his flashback for nothing.

Kyoto is no threat, any attempts beyond this point to portray them as such is meaningless.
Dec 5, 2022 8:45 PM

Oct 2015
Izumida winning - that was expected. He remembered his race with Tadokorocchi and Naruko well and learned so much from it. I'm glad cause he got annoying this season so that was nice to see. Anyway, he trained both his muscles and brain. He deserved that win. (His bromance with Shinkai is fun and cute. XD)

And Komari my boi... you're a man of your desires but RESPECT to your own principles. This is it! I've never hated you from the start. And you're proving yourself now. Proud of you! Haha! Hold it in for now, my child. And go win those muscles! XD

Anywayyy all wins have all been gone to Hakugaku. I ain't happy about this but this is the type of scenario the author wanted. Tch. -.-
   HuaLian <3
Dec 5, 2022 8:48 PM

Oct 2015
Arrvilja said:

Eyelashes dude is willing to let the other touch his beloved muscles as well. There's CONSENT. o.O

They're really a match made in heaven like someone here said. XD
   HuaLian <3

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - May 7, 2018

16 by Hirugiku »»
Nov 5, 2023 6:25 PM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line Episode 23 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

10 by dhell26 »»
Nov 3, 2023 1:51 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2018

26 by Hirugiku »»
Nov 2, 2023 11:57 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 12, 2018

17 by dhell26 »»
Nov 2, 2023 12:30 AM

Poll: » Yowamushi Pedal: Glory Line Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 5, 2018

21 by dhell26 »»
Nov 1, 2023 11:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.