Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2018 4:31 PM
Sep 2017
WTF happened? Was TMS entertainment going bankrupt or something? Why the rush? What happened to all those scenes where

I loved the Manga but the anime completely butchered the manga series! Like it killed all my feelings with fire.. Damn man, I would rather they didn't make such a rushed sequel.

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
sarroushApr 22, 2018 8:00 AM
Apr 15, 2018 4:52 PM

Aug 2017
ReLife was always butchered, you are just now realizing it with kanketsu-hen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2018 4:53 PM

Sep 2016
_0MadScientist0_ said:
WTF happened? Was TMS entertainment going bankrupt or something? Why the rush? What happened to all those scenes where Hishiro realized that Arata was an adult? What happened to Arata and Ryou's quarrel about taking Hishiro's *cough* "first time"? I loved the Manga but the anime completely butchered the manga series! Like it killed all my feelings with fire.. Damn man, I would rather they didn't make such a rushed sequel.

Use Spoilers... not everyone has seen this.

For those of us that are anime-only, at least they gave us a satisfactory ending instead of leaving it as it was with season 1.

You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Apr 15, 2018 5:04 PM

Dec 2017
The 4-episode constraint meant that a lot had to be summarized.

This is one of the times where a ReLife: After Story would've been great.
Oh, and there's already a topic on this:
https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1717139
Least degenerate visual novel enjoyer.

Apr 15, 2018 6:05 PM
Sep 2017
assyrian said:
ReLife was always butchered, you are just now realizing it with kanketsu-hen

Yea, cuz it was "EXCLUSIVELY" butchered
_0MadScientist0_Apr 15, 2018 6:25 PM
Apr 15, 2018 6:19 PM

Jun 2016
ReLife Kanketsu-hen being only 4 episodes long was precisely the reason why I didn't even bother watching the ending. I've good positive memories of reading the manga, and I don't want my opinion of it to go down because of a horribly rushed ending. It really sucks for anime only viewers though, they'll never get the full experience unless they actually read ReLIFE.
Apr 15, 2018 6:23 PM
Sep 2017
Older_than_dirt said:
_0MadScientist0_ said:
WTF happened? Was TMS entertainment going bankrupt or something? Why the rush? What happened to all those scenes where Hishiro realized that Arata was an adult? What happened to Arata and Ryou's quarrel about taking Hishiro's *cough* "first time"? I loved the Manga but the anime completely butchered the manga series! Like it killed all my feelings with fire.. Damn man, I would rather they didn't make such a rushed sequel.

Use Spoilers... not everyone has seen this.

For those of us that are anime-only, at least they gave us a satisfactory ending instead of leaving it as it was with season 1.

Sorry about not including the spoiler tag, but dude, trust me, 52% of the manga was adopted in the last 4 episodes(no joke). They didn't even show Kariu and Ohga's relationship progress. Like really, if you take 2 hours out of your day and read the manga online(its free on kindle), you will fell way more satisfied with the manga ending than you are now with the anime ending.

Apr 15, 2018 6:30 PM
Sep 2017
iMysteriousAura said:
ReLife Kanketsu-hen being only 4 episodes long was precisely the reason why I didn't even bother watching the ending. I've good positive memories of reading the manga, and I don't want my opinion of it to go down because of a horribly rushed ending. It really sucks for anime only viewers though, they'll never get the full experience unless they actually read ReLIFE.

Exactly!

I had high hopes for the anime. The first season,they really did a great job, they didn't cut out the necessary parts, but here, you will just feel empty and irritated.

Literally me watching the show...
Apr 15, 2018 6:44 PM

Dec 2017
it was announced back in April 2017 that it would be 4 episode. they have like a half year decision to not making into 4 episode, maybe due to budget constraint, or they just want to finished it for the sake of the fans but dont wanna spend too much.

but for 4 episode, the rush is inevitable, so my expectation was already low when it announced.

yea it buchered, but i guess it’s better than nothing, especially for the ones who only watched the anime.
Apr 15, 2018 7:13 PM

Sep 2016
_0MadScientist0_ said:
Sorry about not including the spoiler tag, but dude, trust me, 52% of the manga was adopted in the last 4 episodes(no joke). They didn't even show Kariu and Ohga's relationship progress. Like really, if you take 2 hours out of your day and read the manga online(its free on kindle), you will fell way more satisfied with the manga ending than you are now with the anime ending.

Yeah, I've read some of the posts talking about how much was cut out. That's common with adaptations, so not something I'll get worked up over since I don't know what I'm missing.
TBH, I didn't care about any progression between Kariu and Ooga as they were just an entertaining side story for me.
I just wanted to know what happened to Kaizaki and Hishiro after completing ReLife.

I can safely say I was satisfied with what they did include, and with the way things were concluded.
You're never too old to watch anime.
If I ever stop watching anime, check my pulse I'm likely dead.

I wake up with coffee & anime, I go to sleep with coffee & anime.

Sorry if my sarcasm is bad, it's not my first language.

Apr 16, 2018 12:19 AM

Aug 2015
Hmm I haven't read manga but I didn't get any feeling it was rushed
Apr 16, 2018 12:40 AM

Oct 2014
TMS entertainment never really impressed me (except maybe Megalo Box).

So them butchering stuff is no suprise
Apr 22, 2018 8:01 AM
May 3, 2018 9:03 PM
Mar 2016
_0MadScientist0_ said:
WTF happened? Was TMS entertainment going bankrupt or something? Why the rush? What happened to all those scenes where

I loved the Manga but the anime completely butchered the manga series! Like it killed all my feelings with fire.. Damn man, I would rather they didn't make such a rushed sequel.

Wait yo when did they reveal that ryou fucked hishiro, I don't remember that.
May 4, 2018 3:19 PM
Sep 2017
Cornholio-sama said:
_0MadScientist0_ said:

Apr 5, 2019 11:15 AM

Sep 2015
_0MadScientist0_ said:
Cornholio-sama said:

Wait, but he really did?
Apr 9, 2019 2:51 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
shiro_kai said:
_0MadScientist0_ said:

Wait, but he really did?

Of course not, it was just Ryou baiting Kaizaki to make him do something, instead of just accepting they couldnt be together.

More topics from this board

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

278 by venbals »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

63 by venbals »»
Yesterday, 7:52 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

42 by venbals »»
Apr 22, 7:28 PM

Poll: » ReLIFE: Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2018

45 by Miki42 »»
Jan 12, 3:45 PM

» [spoilers] Ending problem

DobryDemon - Dec 4, 2022

14 by DobryDemon »»
Jan 2, 3:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.