Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 15, 2018 8:25 AM

Aug 2015
Just as the title says, since there is a looong vacation ahead of me, I want to waste my time watching the anime with this criteria. Where the anime is really bad, no matter where you look at its, it's plot, characters, etc are bad, but you find yourself finishes it anyway. (It doesn't mean you must have finished it.. You know what I mean..? XD)
Please exclude Yaoi,Yuri, Shounen/Shoujo Ai, and high level Ecchi. I would also to avoid extreme horror if possible.

To avoid being flooded by recommendations, I hope you'll only wrote max 5 animes. And it will be a great help if you also wrote the reason.

Thanks in advance!

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2018 8:29 AM

Apr 2018
That's what Fairy Tail is to me, but I realize some people actually seriously like it... lol. I don't think I'll be much help though. Enjoy your long vacation though! :)
Apr 15, 2018 8:36 AM

Aug 2015
jooleyhooley said:
That's what Fairy Tail is to me, but I realize some people actually seriously like it... lol. I don't think I'll be much help though. Enjoy your long vacation though! :)
ah, yes. Fairy Tail is exactly one of the good example. The Friendship power is far too extreme and it makes the whole story bad, and yet it's good because it's hillarious that way. XD
I have finished that, and it's on my favorite list. Thanks though.

PS. I am trying to enjoy that vacation by watching these kinds of anime. Lol XD

Apr 15, 2018 8:39 AM

Jul 2017
I see, your talking about an anime equivalent of something like The Room?
In that case, for me it would be something like School Days or Soul Eater Not! I shouldn't have watched either of these.
-_-
Apr 15, 2018 8:44 AM

Oct 2017
Made in Abyss: A loli adventuring a hole along her bf to visit her mom...
Assassination Classroom: Before dying a teacher tells the world's #1 assassin to teach a class of hers...
Mahou Shoujo Madoka: Anime surrounding magical lolis with some "tragedy"
Zankyou no Terror: Terrorists blasting cities just to get "attention"
Apr 15, 2018 8:53 AM

Apr 2018
Oh! Food Wars is super exaggerated and comical if you haven't seen that one yet! :)
Apr 15, 2018 8:54 AM

Aug 2015
Ufreda said:
In that case, for me it would be something like School Days or Soul Eater Not! I shouldn't have watched either of these.
thanks for the recommendations! I can't watch School Days though, because I believe it has some sex scenes, right? ^^;

ZSTGL_IMA said:
Made in Abyss: A loli adventuring a hole along her bf to visit her mom...
Assassination Classroom: Before dying a teacher tells the world's #1 assassin to teach a class of hers...
Mahou Shoujo Madoka: Anime surrounding magical lolis with some "tragedy"
Zankyou no Terror: Terrorists blasting cities just to get "attention"
lol XD
2/4 already completed and even became a masterpiece for me. XD
1/4 already on my PTW list, decided to watch this one next. XD
1/4 added to PTW list.
Thanks for the recommendations!

Apr 15, 2018 8:57 AM

Aug 2015
jooleyhooley said:
Oh! Food Wars is super exaggerated and comical if you haven't seen that one yet! :)
really? I thought it was well received.. Added to my PTW list anyway. Lol XD
Thanks!

Apr 15, 2018 8:58 AM

Apr 2018
Meira_Eve said:
jooleyhooley said:
Thanks!

It's well received.... it's just really really silly! Lol.
Apr 15, 2018 9:03 AM
Apr 2018
The King's Game is so bad that it's amazing, I'd give it watch if you have loads of time to waste. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone else though xD
Apr 15, 2018 9:09 AM

Aug 2015
jooleyhooley said:
Meira_Eve said:
Thanks!

It's well received.... it's just really really silly! Lol.
Now that you say it that way, I actually pretty curious in it right now. XD

DaPujjybear said:
The King's Game is so bad that it's amazing, I'd give it watch if you have loads of time to waste. Wouldn't recommend it to anyone else though xD
i'm free until the end of August so.. I have loads of spare time even after i marathoned Gintama. XD
Added on PTW! Thanks!
And i want to ask something about it... Is the dementia extreme..? Because if so, I won't watch it when it's nighttime.. lol XD

Apr 15, 2018 9:14 AM
Feb 2018
Noragami is great! It has a good storyline in my opinion actually, and the comedy is incredibly hilarious!
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou you must have watched it already but putting it out there, so dumb yet so real.
Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou I also find the jokes super funny and it has a bit of awkward romance too

Actually love these, idk if youd consider them so bad but worth the watch and gives great laughs
Apr 15, 2018 9:16 AM

Jul 2017
Meira_Eve said:
Ufreda said:
thanks for the recommendations! I can't watch School Days though, because I believe it has some sex scenes, right? ^^;

Maybe, that wouldn't be the worst part though. What about Monster Musume, Masamune-kun no revenge. Chuunibyou was also hard to get through.
-_-
Apr 15, 2018 9:31 AM

Aug 2015
0verzealous said:
Noragami is great! It has a good storyline in my opinion actually, and the comedy is incredibly hilarious!
Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou you must have watched it already but putting it out there, so dumb yet so real.
Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou I also find the jokes super funny and it has a bit of awkward romance too

Actually love these, idk if youd consider them so bad but worth the watch and gives great laughs
completed Noragami. It really is a masterpiece. XD
Well, it might surprise you but i don't really know the second one. So you wrote it here might as well the one that introduced this anime to me. XD looks promising, added!
The third one's storyline feels familiar somehow.. added anyway. Thanks!

Ufreda said:
Meira_Eve said:

Maybe, that wouldn't be the worst part though. What about Monster Musume, Masamune-kun no revenge. Chuunibyou was also hard to get through.
lol, I knew what's coming in the end of school days though. I really want to watch it, but i can't if it have that scene. XD
I've seen the rest except for monster musume. It already feel weird just by looking so it looks interesting, but the genre and R+ rating kind of hold me back. I'll consider it for now! Thank you!!

Apr 15, 2018 11:58 AM

Jan 2018
Try watching FLCL and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Both deliberately avoid making sense and are pretty funny. FLCL was so bad at everything it did that it was super cringy and I rated it low, but it seems to fit what you're looking for. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei just has a lot of weird Japanese humor, if you like that.
"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it." - Lord Orochimaru
Apr 15, 2018 12:06 PM

Apr 2016
evil or live its a bad anime thus nobody knows it but actually has a story and quite a unique one

"If it made you happy, then everything’s okay."
- Haruka Kasugano

Apr 15, 2018 12:20 PM

Jul 2017
Oh yeah, Yosuga no Sora ^.
-_-
Apr 15, 2018 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai...
Apr 15, 2018 12:59 PM

Jan 2011
Another , it was unintentionally hillarous
Apr 15, 2018 1:10 PM

Dec 2015
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo i think the name tell everything :D
Apr 15, 2018 2:01 PM
Jun 2014
I'd recommend Ousama game/King's game the Animation. I watched it with a friend recently and the drama was so hilariously bad, not to even mention some of the horrible deaths. The worst and the best part is how seriously the show takes itself :D
Apr 15, 2018 9:40 PM

Aug 2015
I've added most of the recommendations!
And special mentions to @Jirokissaw , I think I've seen it in cartoon Network, and oh boy, That IS hilarious XD

More recommendations are welcomed!

Apr 15, 2018 9:59 PM

Jun 2011
Legit so bad it is good anime are often horror, ecchi, have yaoi elements, or hentai.

I will just list the top ones.

The anime that has none of this is Yugioh. But otherwise, sit back for weird shit I am going to rec. I noticed most others in the comments also recced you things on your no go list.

Cipher the Video
Garzey's Wing
Mars of Destruction
Psychic Wars
Angel Cop
Pupa
Elfin Lied
Gakuen Handsome.
Cyber City Oedo 808 (to the point I think it is legitimately good)
Diatron 5
Eiken
Miracle Train
My First Love Monster
Servamp

Obviously with all of these, you are going to want to watch them dubbed if a dub is available.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Apr 15, 2018 10:09 PM

Aug 2015
Energetic-Nova said:
Legit so bad it is good anime are often horror, ecchi, have yaoi elements, or hentai.

I will just list the top ones.

The anime that has none of this is Yugioh. But otherwise, sit back for weird shit I am going to rec. I noticed most others in the comments also recced you things on your no go list.

Cipher the Video
Garzey's Wing
Mars of Destruction
Psychic Wars
Angel Cop
Pupa
Elfin Lied
Gakuen Handsome.
Cyber City Oedo 808 (to the point I think it is legitimately good)
Diatron 5
Eiken
Miracle Train
My First Love Monster
Servamp

Obviously with all of these, you are going to want to watch them dubbed if a dub is available.
ah.. i somewhat knew that gakuen handsome and elfen lied will get mentioned by someone sooner or later.. lol XD
Thanks! But, what's wrong with the dub?

Tsuchisa said:
Mayoiga

The joke of last year.
lol XD
I do remember that anime mentioned a lot last year.. XD

Apr 16, 2018 3:43 AM
Aug 2013
This has already been asked, use the search button before posting topics that been done before. Check on the other thread for worst anime
~AnimeDownUnder~

Apr 16, 2018 2:47 PM

Sep 2014
Garzeys Wing. What a magnificent trainwreck.
Apr 16, 2018 9:16 PM

Aug 2015
@-----noname----- already watched 2/4. And Fairy Tail is the best example for this. Lol XD
Yup, I think you get what I'm looking for. But don't worry, i think about half of this fits the criteria i'm looking for!

sourL3monz said:

Lol, I also read the related article. Should i watch it in English dub? XD

Apr 17, 2018 5:10 AM

Sep 2014
Meira_Eve said:
@-----noname----- already watched 2/4. And Fairy Tail is the best example for this. Lol XD
Yup, I think you get what I'm looking for. But don't worry, i think about half of this fits the criteria i'm looking for!

sourL3monz said:

Lol, I also read the related article. Should i watch it in English dub? XD

Absolutely. You have to for the full experiance.
Apr 17, 2018 5:13 AM

Aug 2017
ur english is so bad it hilariously goood
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2018 5:43 AM
Apr 17, 2018 6:06 AM

Aug 2015
@sourL3monz lol, noted! XD

degenerate said:
ur english is so bad it hilariously goood
I'll take that as a compliment. XD

I keep seeing this, I want to watch this, but I'm not brave enough.. XD

Apr 17, 2018 6:25 AM

Jan 2018
The list is just too big for me even read all of it lol. By the way zankyou no terror was bad for me but really watchable like you describe it. Also, I'm curious to know, if you could give me one example of a high level ecchi in your opinion, Meira_Eve?

Hmm, try watching mindgame movie. It was hard to watch it but satisfying upon finished watching it. https://myanimelist.net/anime/875/Mind_Game?q=mind%20game
Apr 17, 2018 6:29 AM

Apr 2015
Excluding "high level Ecchi" removes one of the best bad anime of all time, Eiken.

Diabolik Lovers is one of the worst things I've seen in my life, though there are girls who fall head over heels for it.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 17, 2018 6:32 AM

Jun 2013
Apr 17, 2018 6:41 AM

Aug 2015
hazecloud said:
The list is just too big for me even read all of it lol. By the way zankyou no terror was bad for me but really watchable like you describe it. Also, I'm curious to know, if you could give me one example of a high level ecchi in your opinion, Meira_Eve?

Hmm, try watching mindgame movie. It was hard to watch it but satisfying upon finished watching it. https://myanimelist.net/anime/875/Mind_Game?q=mind%20game

Well then, I guess Zankyou no terror is the next one I'll watch since it got recommended again. XD
Now that you mentioned it, I should've given an example huh.. one example of high level ecchi I'm is Prison School. I never really watched it, but i have seen some cutscenes from YouTube.

That mindgame movie.. what kind of movie is that??? I laughed so hard even from the first glance.. XD

Apr 17, 2018 6:47 AM

Aug 2015
CatSoul said:
Excluding "high level Ecchi" removes one of the best bad anime of all time, Eiken.

Diabolik Lovers is one of the worst things I've seen in my life, though there are girls who fall head over heels for it.
Synopsis alone already make me feel the anime is going to be really bad.. lol XD noted it for now!
Is diabolik lovers as bad as BroCon? Lol XD

swoji said:
Mayoiga, Pupa, and Taboo Tattoo.

Noted Mayoiga, Still wondering what to do about Pupa :'), already finished taboo tatoo. Thanks!

Apr 17, 2018 6:52 AM
Mar 2018
I dunno but maybe you should check out Pop Team Epic? I've never watched it but I've seen videos about it and i fell like it might be what your looking for.
Apr 17, 2018 7:05 AM

Aug 2015
Remainings said:
I dunno but maybe you should check out Pop Team Epic? I've never watched it but I've seen videos about it and i fell like it might be what your looking for.
currently watching it. And man.. the jokes are often plain, it makes me feel like i need more IQ to understand it, whichs it hilarious. So yup, it fits! XD
But thanks!

Apr 17, 2018 7:13 AM
Nov 2017
Meira_Eve said:
Just as the title says, since there is a looong vacation ahead of me, I want to waste my time watching the anime with this criteria. Where the anime is really bad, no matter where you look at its, it's plot, characters, etc are bad, but you find yourself finishes it anyway. (It doesn't mean you must have finished it.. You know what I mean..? XD)
Please exclude Yaoi,Yuri, Shounen/Shoujo Ai, and high level Ecchi. I would also to avoid extreme horror if possible.

To avoid being flooded by recommendations, I hope you'll only wrote max 5 animes. And it will be a great help if you also wrote the reason.

Thanks in advance!

The reflection. Good luck getting through the first episode :)

Apr 17, 2018 7:38 AM

Aug 2015
Cybertron said:
Meira_Eve said:

Thanks in advance!

The reflection. Good luck getting through the first episode :)
no ecchi, no horror, weird visual. OK, noted!
I feel like I'll need that luck.. XD
Thanks!

Apr 17, 2018 4:26 PM

Jan 2018
surprised nobody mentiones this already, but Gakkou no Kaidan's english dub by ADV fits this definition perfectly. they used a different, more comedic script rather than the shitty original one, and the result is so stupidly funny it makes the anime 10x better and actually somewhat enjoyable.
Apr 17, 2018 5:29 PM

Mar 2009
Genma Wars, with English dub. The amount of sheer incompetence in every aspect of the anime, production, music, effects, direction, plot, script, is only heightened by English voice actors who are normally quite good, but clearly can't give two damn here. It's amazing something this bad exists. Definitely the way to go, after enjoying Garzey's Wing.
Apr 17, 2018 8:24 PM

Aug 2015
tyrant42 said:
surprised nobody mentiones this already, but Gakkou no Kaidan's english dub by ADV fits this definition perfectly. they used a different, more comedic script rather than the shitty original one, and the result is so stupidly funny it makes the anime 10x better and actually somewhat enjoyable.
zawa113 said:
Genma Wars, with English dub. The amount of sheer incompetence in every aspect of the anime, production, music, effects, direction, plot, script, is only heightened by English voice actors who are normally quite good, but clearly can't give two damn here. It's amazing something this bad exists. Definitely the way to go, after enjoying Garzey's Wing.

Are these two animes dub version available online? The way you two described it makes me really curious! XD

Apr 17, 2018 8:42 PM

Jan 2018
Meira_Eve said:

Are these two animes dub version available online? The way you two described it makes me really curious! XD

I'm pretty sure Gakkou no Kaidan is available on Youtube (full episiodes), i don't think there are any other english dubs.
Apr 17, 2018 9:35 PM

Aug 2015
tyrant42 said:
Meira_Eve said:

I'm pretty sure Gakkou no Kaidan is available on Youtube (full episiodes), i don't think there are any other english dubs.
aww.. that's too bad.. thanks for the info!

Apr 17, 2018 9:39 PM

Apr 2018
Freezing anime is god awful but hilariously entertaining for some odd reason

The manga was actually good up until a certain point and completely went to shit. Now the author doesnt even work on it anymore
Apr 18, 2018 2:38 PM

Mar 2015
You really need to see pupa :) Dig deep inside and find your courage.

Anyway I can add this: Ben- to https://myanimelist.net/anime/10396/Ben-To
Apr 18, 2018 2:40 PM

Jan 2013
Highschool DXD fits this perfectly
Apr 18, 2018 2:42 PM

Sep 2017
pretty much any of those violent Exploitation OVA From the 90s and 80s are hilariously.
Apr 18, 2018 5:18 PM

Nov 2017
There's only two I could think of.

Hametsu no Mars. Every aspect is terrible, it's great. Some of the scenes almost seemed like the creators weren't even trying.

Mayoiga. It's horror but too bad to be afraid of. To be honest I saw this one a while ago so I don't remember much, but I do remember it being so bad it was good.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» RomCom Suggestions for someone who's seen a lot of em

Benassiesto - 38 minutes ago

1 by Ohayotaku »»
15 minutes ago

» Anime that have all female guilds/clubs/groups/living places, etc

GakutoDeathGlare - Yesterday

7 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
2 hours ago

» Looking for any recommendations really

TabonyBoy - Apr 16

13 by windyshadow »»
3 hours ago

» I find it absolutely absurd I can’t find a manga with gay marriage legalized

isseixkoneko - 3 hours ago

0 by isseixkoneko »»
3 hours ago

» Recommend me an anime based on my favorites!

iamnottesslol - Apr 21

11 by windyshadow »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.