Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 15, 2018 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nobody wants to lose and welp, I smell a slight rivalry between Seiun Sky and Special Week.
Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight!

I noticed Special Week is giong through some more intense training lol. Gotta do what's needed to improve I guess. I think she has a fear of heights too.

Once again, we have Special Week compete in another horse race. Personally, I think shes improving.
Apr 15, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2010
Special week learned a few things and gained a few rivals as well.
Hopefully she will use this lesson to her advantage next time.
I have to say not taking into account slipstream is a pretty big mistake seeing it's a pretty basic thing to take into consideration it's used in a number of sports and engineering.
Apr 15, 2018 9:18 AM

Dec 2012
hmmm split cour?

Apr 15, 2018 9:23 AM

Aug 2015
Rorek said:
hmmm split cour?

definitely interesting
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2018 9:36 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Big fan of them explaining more about the races (slipstream, different running style), that had me immediately more excited.
Apr 15, 2018 9:38 AM

Apr 2016
Yey the fatty lost again.

Also they gonna sell the ginger girl like if she was some kind of horse! wait ...

The episodes are pretty much the same all the time, can't tell how long i would stick with this one ... but wait this is fourth episode already ... whaaat.
Apr 15, 2018 9:57 AM

Aug 2013
Special Week learned new things and got her spirit back. Pretty much a setup episode for the Derby race. I wish they focus a little bit on the other horsegirls in Spica, though.

I hope Suzuka's drama won't drag on for long.
Apr 15, 2018 10:06 AM

Apr 2015
Guess we were right last week. Special Week got thicc.

Am I supposed to remember all the different/new horse girls from different teams they're pulling out of their ass every few minutes?
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Apr 15, 2018 10:26 AM

Jan 2013
Who the fuck carries a fucking carrot on their morning walk?
Apr 15, 2018 10:34 AM

Nov 2016
This show is really starting to grow on me.

Must be tough diet when not even carrots are allowed xD

On the bright side,Spe-chan might have lost again,but she's still cheerful. And nice to see that Urara is also doing better now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 15, 2018 10:37 AM

Aug 2012
I wonder how the trainer keeps his bones intact from getting kicked by horses all the time.
Apr 15, 2018 10:51 AM

Jun 2015
Really fun episode, I hope Special week wins the derby, but as I hope that, I'm also thinking that Seiun Sky is a really interesting character, lets see how everything goes (Special will obviously win)
Apr 15, 2018 11:06 AM

Dec 2017
these nameplates give me tokyo ghoul investigators vibes, nobody ever remembers them

applying aerodynamics, lol, that's a part of what racing games have told me. and what's that thing behind vodka's hair? could find what that is on the irl horse image
Apr 15, 2018 11:27 AM

Jan 2013
I'm really enjoying this series, I really wanna see how the Derby turns out!. I hope they give more protagonism to the other girls from Spica
Apr 15, 2018 11:32 AM

May 2017
Another good episode. Trainer-san dropping some foreshadowing...

Apr 15, 2018 11:55 AM

Jul 2014
Tough times for Spe-chan, she really is trying hard to get stronger and win! Though it was a loss against Taiki Shuttle, I guess that race gave her some useful tips. Well played, Trainer-san! A rivalry between Seiun Sky, El Condor Pasa and Special Week. Interesting!

CondemneDio said:

THIS
Apr 15, 2018 12:15 PM

Apr 2015
As odd as it all seems, I am starting to enjoy this more and more!

Trainer-san is getting more familiar with being kicked by horse-girls at this rate. That censor for Special Week's weight tho XD Nothing wrong with getting a little thicc.... She's so clumpsy that it's adorable.
Apr 15, 2018 12:18 PM

Feb 2014
Oh man, Special Week's expressions always get me into a laughing fit. Seeing her react like that after weighting herself was gold! XD

Another thing that interested me was that Special Week was running with odd shoes in the previous race. I do think that was more of a factor of her losing the race, along with the lack of technique.

Either way, having her have a mock race against Taiki Shuttle helped her a lot though. She did lose, barely, but learning about slipstreaming/drafting from behind other competitors (Thank you Forza Horizon) and changing to shorter strides on hills will help her a lot for the Japan Derby.

And help her it damn well must, since El Condor Pasa is aiming to win her sixth straight victory at the derby too. Special Week is going to have to be beyond 100% to win, but I do hope she does.

Great episode once more and Suzuka does seem to concern me though. Any chance that another team to hoping to take her from Team Spica?
Apr 15, 2018 12:41 PM

Sep 2015
Oh, so that's why Special's uniform didn't fit right... it seems so obvious now that you know it, lol.
But I gotta say, I really like the way that they're having Special improve slowly over time. It's not 'loses, fixes one mistake, BAM wins everything', but instead she just slowly figures out ways to improve and become faster. For an anime with a premise as stupid as this, that's a surprisingly brilliant pacing.
Apr 15, 2018 1:43 PM

Jun 2016
Horse girls are cute, I really like El Condor Pasa, hope her and her attempts at engrish get more screen time.

Actually learning about horse racing too, learning is fun.

Apr 15, 2018 2:28 PM
Feb 2009
My favorite character is Hishi Amazon, I really like those dusky-skinned girls. She's cute whenever she shows up. :)

It's also really nice to see an MC that's not a super-genius and wins all the battles. Special Week learns that she can also learn and have fun even if she loses.

It's also curious about Suzuka. I'm wondering if she likes the idol performances more and just races to get to those.
Apr 15, 2018 2:52 PM

Sep 2013
All those fat horses ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
A mock training gets spe-chan some good techniques to follow.
Apr 15, 2018 3:21 PM

Dec 2016
Good think Suzuka is around to help Special Week out when she's not paying attention like all those times at the beginning.

Lol at the censoring out the amount of kilos she gained, now I understand we her outfit didn't quite fit and why she was a bit slower during that race.

Lol again at all the girls kicking the trainer in unison.

After watching that mock race I understanding what the trainer saw during the review, and by setting up that race against Taiki Shuttle Special Week learned a lot of things and is now starting to enjoy racing, she has benefited a lot from this.

Special Week, Seiun Sky & El Paso Condor all racing against each other, should be a very exciting race to watch.
Apr 15, 2018 4:59 PM

Sep 2016
Dude Oguri Cap needs her own episode to shine lol (the long white haired horse girl that is always eating in the background)
The Anime Binge Is Life

-PolarCyrus97 2k17-
Apr 15, 2018 6:07 PM

Jan 2011
man this show is fun to watch love how they added in some aerodynamics was like shes slipstreaming she gonna keep up then they explained it lol all we need now is for them to awaken their "NOS" for added boost effect i know they can do it.

didn't expect El Condor Pasa to be such a powerhouse from the start you'd think the main one would be suzkua but it has me worried what they might do with her.

rumor of a split cour has me pumped even more chances for new girls

will say like everyone else dude walking his dog was random af carrying a carrot my take is since it's common place for horse girls to be running there training he brings it in hope of giving it to one of them but who knows
Apr 15, 2018 7:34 PM

Apr 2011
Funny how she realized she puts on weight and why she lost fo Seiun Sky. Not expecting Spe chan to win against Taiki. I think it would be kind of BS if Spe chan won considering Taiki is more experience and more faster. At least she's learning.

Thought, I'm looking forward to McQueen joining team Spica.
Apr 15, 2018 11:34 PM

Oct 2015
Glad to see that despite losing, Spe-chan is still learning and hopefully she shows up big at the derby!
Apr 16, 2018 12:07 AM

May 2017
karlstein12 said:
Tough times for Spe-chan, she really is trying hard to get stronger and win! Though it was a loss against Taiki Shuttle, I guess that race gave her some useful tips. Well played, Trainer-san! A rivalry between Seiun Sky, El Condor Pasa and Special Week. Interesting!

CondemneDio said:

THIS

A horse girl? Maybe or most probably a horse girl
Apr 16, 2018 3:34 AM

Jul 2014
TsundeReaper said:

It was referenced to that man with the dog that Spe-chan bumped into while she was on her morning run. As a token of apology, the man offered Spe-chan a carrot. Now the man is not an horse girl by any means and I'm pretty sure dogs don't really eat carrots and so that was funny xD
Apr 16, 2018 5:25 AM

May 2017
karlstein12 said:
TsundeReaper said:

It was referenced to that man with the dog that Spe-chan bumped into while she was on her morning run. As a token of apology, the man offered Spe-chan a carrot. Now the man is not an horse girl by any means and I'm pretty sure dogs don't really eat carrots and so that was funny xD

He's probably a sad, lonely old man that carries around a carrot in hopes that he can "bump into" a horse girl one day and offer a carrot as a way of apology (and hoping that's a way into her heart).

Apr 16, 2018 6:06 AM

Apr 2018
Of course this is all a set-up for Spe-chan to get B U F F

Bulk and cut your way to victory, thiccpone~

Apr 16, 2018 7:35 AM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Another frustrating week with Spe-chan losing again. But it looks like she picked up a few important techniques during the mock race.

I'm really hoping Special Week kicks ass in the Derby.
Apr 16, 2018 1:35 PM
Mar 2016
Geez, just how stupid is Spe Chan to not feel the pain when she's fixing her race shoe????? Howdy Y'll! GI horse ????/Do they mean an america horse? man, them produces don't a thing or two about thoroughbreds and mustangs.
Apr 16, 2018 2:33 PM

May 2015
LOL, the swimming pool scene got me good for a moment, LMAO.

Another great episode as usual. Especially the mock race was amazingly done. Really loving this show so far, definitely high up there this season for me.

Apr 16, 2018 4:17 PM

Jul 2015
AAAAaaaaaaaayyyyy so fatty did get thicc, and as expected, we turn to dieting, which was a very difficult challenge for Special Week. Had she kept that training up, she'd be knocking people out with one kick.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 16, 2018 4:19 PM

Jul 2015
TsundeReaper said:
karlstein12 said:

THIS

I mean, if I lived in a town with a heavy presence of horse girls I'd carry several carrots with me.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 17, 2018 2:41 AM

Oct 2008
LOL Spe-chan gained a lot of weight it always embarrass her!
Special Week lost again for the 2nd time but it was just a Mock race against short distance race champion Taiki Shuttle!
Looks like Special Week learned more strategies like slipstream & short-stride running! Spe-chan is improving that's for sure!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2018 9:38 PM
Apr 2018
I wonder if it will stay this lighthearted. There is that awkward moment around 7:50 when Trainer says "Once the fall Tennoshou is over, you'll..." then falls silent and we see a thoughtful and apparently sad Suzuka. And she is already an established horsegirl. It might be the end of her racing life - there are no adult horsewomen racing, just the girls from high school.

I don't really think she would be sold, for the simple reason that this is not a hentai. But not many options remain - here is what happens to real life racehorses https://www.raceadvisor.co.uk/happens-horse-retires/

Real life Special Week is a stallion and is, in fact, in active breeding. But real life SIlence Suzuka was injured and put down ON TENNOSHOU. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_Suzuka

So will something really scary happen to Silence Suzuka in this anime and is that when the anime suddenly turns darker?
ramendikApr 17, 2018 9:53 PM
Apr 17, 2018 9:52 PM
Apr 2018
On a lighter note, I saw someone ask "who of them is Applejack". And funnily there is a clear answer - TM Opera O is Applejack! As in, she has the voice actress who also played Applejack in the Japanese dub of MLP:FiM. She also played Nico Yazawa in Love Live, so she seems to be getting "typecast".

http://umamusume.wikia.com/wiki/TM_Opera_O
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sora_Tokui
http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Sora-Tokui/
Apr 17, 2018 11:14 PM

Mar 2009
Please stop spoiling the series because of their real-life horse counterparts. Now I know one of them is going to die.
Apr 18, 2018 8:48 AM

Jan 2018
Hey, now the weird fatty stomach scene in last week ep is getting make sense. She really gained weight !

Slipstream thing is really catch me, but what come on my mind after that is some car racing game, not horse racing (LOL)
"Happy Ramadhan for those who celebrate it. I hope this year's Ramadhan bring goodness for you life" -(TsuzukuHunter 2018)
Apr 18, 2018 12:05 PM

Nov 2015
ramendik said:

Real life Special Week is a stallion and is, in fact, in active breeding. But real life SIlence Suzuka was injured and put down ON TENNOSHOU. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silence_Suzuka

So will something really scary happen to Silence Suzuka in this anime and is that when the anime suddenly turns darker?

Well, if they want to faithfully recreate their history
chi, silence suzuka your future is full of suffering.

Nos leemos
Apr 18, 2018 3:30 PM
Apr 2018
Mormegil said:
Please stop spoiling the series because of their real-life horse counterparts. Now I know one of them is going to die.

We don't really know this, the question is how they will handle the episode. For me it's the biggest question about this anime now.
Apr 18, 2018 5:27 PM

Mar 2009
ramendik said:
Mormegil said:

We don't really know this, the question is how they will handle the episode. For me it's the biggest question about this anime now.

I'm half-joking around anyway. :D
Apr 18, 2018 5:58 PM
Apr 2018
Mormegil said:
ramendik said:

I'm half-joking around anyway. :D

The writing is surprisingly good so far. But the premise is terribly squicky, when you think of it.

I hope that deconstruction ensues.
Apr 18, 2018 6:17 PM

Jul 2016
Spe chan was really worried about her weight, until everyone calms her down. That special training was more like torture. The trainer isn't going to get over that leg fetish. The race against Taiki shuttle was great. Special Week really held her own, and even got thanked by her opponent, in a way. It's kind of weird getting all into horse racing, but I'm loving it.

Apr 18, 2018 6:48 PM

Apr 2018
Enjoyed this episode as well! At least Special Week is improving! I really did not expect her to win against Taiki Shuttle. Can't wait for the next the episode! Hopefully the Derby occurs.
Apr 19, 2018 1:48 PM
Apr 2018
Anyone has any idea what the year is inworld?

Nobody seems to have mobile phones, not even the trainers. The lady trainer is using a laptop. (The landline "disc" phone in Spe-chan's home is clearly shown to be a retro model with buttons, though. So that traditional handset is not a period indicator. Fridge brilliance: the retro phone might have been acquired specially for Spe-chan, because it would be very hard for her to use modern compact handsets - when that is up to her ear the mic would not catch anything!).

Is it actually 1998 there, the year when many of the prototype races happened? But the station in Episode 1 had an IC card touch-on/touch-off system. I could not find exact information, but it seems that IC cards in Japan took off a few tears after 1998.

Apr 22, 2018 9:13 AM

Nov 2011
Spe-chan seems to be a girl who can also learn by herself without the help of others, not bad as quality. The story this time I liked very much, it makes me feel to see the character of Haru engage so much, I am very nice. Funny characters, the simulated race was also quite compelling, I want to see the next episode as soon as possible. Although not a core anime series, the quality of the drawings and animations is more than good.
Apr 22, 2018 2:16 PM

Sep 2017
Some nice funny moments again, and the kept the drama light regarding the issue of dieting and weight loss, which can be a serious problem if not managed correctly. So I'm glad they didn't make too much of a big deal out of it

Definitely some foreshadowing with Suzuka, who apparently doesn't enjoy racing. Hopefully the names are the only thing these characters have in common with their RL counterparts
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

31 by Shocked »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

54 by Shocked »»
28 minutes ago

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2018

79 by Shocked »»
Apr 16, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2018

85 by Shocked »»
Apr 16, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Uma Musume: Pretty Derby (TV) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2018

71 by Baskarite »»
Feb 19, 1:28 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.