Forum Settings
Forums

Darling in the Franxx PROVES Waifu wars are the way to go for anime!

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Post New Reply
#1
Apr 15, 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 21837
Episode 14 of the most polarizing anime of the Year was quite a treat.

Basically we have a literal Waifu war between Zero Two and Ichigo and the fans absolutely ate it up!

Like it or hate it...this series is super popular and being talked about all over the place due to the waifu war.

Maybe you'll think this is cancer or the reason why Anime is trash or whatever...but you can't deny it's exciting and REALLY makes you want to see what happens next.

Oh and...

#IchigoDidNothingWrong

Modified by --ALEX--, Apr 15, 6:11 AM
 
#2
Apr 15, 2:46 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 35941
waifu wars are instant publicity and advertisement and as they say there is no bad publicity
 
#3
Apr 15, 2:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 968
Are you serious about this ? I mean I droped the garbage show after episode 1 so I have no idea what's going on the only one I see talking about this is you who constantly makes threads about this.
 
#4
Apr 15, 2:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 760
I love you. I'm serious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
#5
Apr 15, 2:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 10045
It's how you make a sales of anime figures even more higher.



 
#6
Apr 15, 2:49 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 35941
xShinigami3125 said:
Are you serious about this ? I mean I droped the garbage show after episode 1 so I have no idea what's going on the only one I see talking about this is you who constantly makes threads about this.


almost all places with a huge number of anime fans (ex. reddit, illegal streaming sites like kissanime, 4chan /a/, twitter, facebook, etc) are talking about this episode of Darling in the FranXX you are missing out
 
#7
Apr 15, 2:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 375
I'm just here to say FUCK 02, what an insufferable bitch she is
 
#8
Apr 15, 2:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 148
I don't really care about it sure it's fun but if they keep on doing after a while it will get repetitive.
 
#9
Apr 15, 2:52 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4143
And this is one of the reasons why I regret being part of this community...
Paprika said:
Don't you think dreams and the internet are similar? They are both areas where the repressed conscious mind vents.
 
Apr 15, 2:55 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 105
xShinigami3125 said:
Are you serious about this ? I mean I droped the garbage show after episode 1 so I have no idea what's going on the only one I see talking about this is you who constantly makes threads about this.

Seeing the Animes you have as your favourites I can see y u did that (all mainstream)..

But it gets really good afterwards (particularly episode 4 and episode 13 is even brilliant)..
 
Apr 15, 2:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 8047
zal said:
And this is why I regret being part of this community...

Yep, makes me feel very old and regret the time when I was munching chips in front of american sitcoms, instead of browsing this place.
 
Apr 15, 2:57 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5173
i was afraid i'm missing a good anime but after reading some spoilers
i'm glad i didn't watch darling in the cuck

just a generic waifu war with a clear winner from the start
and a childhood friend who exist only to create forced drama and suffer from an unrequited love

truly pathetic
Daily reminder : tsunderes are disgusting bitches

 
Apr 15, 2:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 21837
I'm here to be brutally honest...

>Darling in the Franxx is a GREAT show...it's fun and YES, I love the drama!

>Zero Two is STILL Best Girl...that hasn't changed.

>I want to see Ichigo fight to the bitter end...she's probably gonna lose, but never give up!

>This is a really fun waifu war and reactions of both camps are wildly entertaining

>Thank you Trigger for once again living up to your name and saving anime!
 
Apr 15, 2:58 AM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8690
reminds me of the Classroom of the Elite ep 7 episode discussion :/


#TeamIchigo

i fucking LOVE Zero Two and i really don't care who wins in the end, but i still find Ichigo best girl



 
Apr 15, 3:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 21837
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
reminds me of the Classroom of the Elite ep 7 episode discussion :/


#TeamIchigo

i fucking LOVE Zero Two and i really don't care who wins in the end, but i still find Ichigo best girl

Ohhhh!

I'm actually surprised you're going for Ichigo.

Honestly, I can't decide.

I was going all out for Zero Two up until episode 14....what Ichigo did was something I viewed not only as justifiable, but it made me want to root for her!

Ugh...this waifu war is gonna be the toughest decision ever.

 
Apr 15, 3:08 AM
fanservice<3

Offline
Joined: Mar 2012
Posts: 8690
--ALEX-- said:
EcchiGodMamsterP said:
reminds me of the Classroom of the Elite ep 7 episode discussion :/


#TeamIchigo

i fucking LOVE Zero Two and i really don't care who wins in the end, but i still find Ichigo best girl

Ohhhh!

I'm actually surprised you're going for Ichigo.

Honestly, I can't decide.

I was going all out for Zero Two up until episode 14....what Ichigo did was something I viewed not only as justifiable, but it made me want to root for her!

Ugh...this waifu war is gonna be the toughest decision ever.



i've said many times before that i have a fetish for protective girls

however, i also have a fetish for shameless girls, which i kinda see Zero Two as xD



 
Apr 15, 3:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 968
dehuman said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Are you serious about this ? I mean I droped the garbage show after episode 1 so I have no idea what's going on the only one I see talking about this is you who constantly makes threads about this.


almost all places with a huge number of anime fans (ex. reddit, illegal streaming sites like kissanime, 4chan /a/, twitter, facebook, etc) are talking about this episode of Darling in the FranXX you are missing out

Yea I don't use social media it's way to annoying
 
Apr 15, 3:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 968
Deku6339 said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Are you serious about this ? I mean I droped the garbage show after episode 1 so I have no idea what's going on the only one I see talking about this is you who constantly makes threads about this.

Seeing the Animes you have as your favourites I can see y u did that (all mainstream)..

But it gets really good afterwards (particularly episode 4 and episode 13 is even brilliant)..

I am just not into mecha epecially not ones where they pilot the mechs like that maybe I am just not long enough into this genre to understand the "greatness" of stuff like that
 
Apr 15, 3:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 11170
zal said:
And this is one of the reasons why I regret being part of this community...


To be honest these kind of stuff aren't only on MAL. Anime community in general nowadays are always like this.


 
Apr 15, 3:19 AM

Online
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 6712
The over the top reactions and this thread are very cringe worthy.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.
 
Apr 15, 3:19 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 788
It's definitely the way to go make me stay away from the anime and its fanbase. Popularity does not always equal quality or even revenue, especially if it also spawned toxic drama and fanbase.
 
Apr 15, 3:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 35941
--ALEX-- said:

>Thank you Trigger for once again living up to your name and saving anime!


Triggers likes their fans to be triggered

and funny because its confirmed that the episode is made by Trigger staff (all even numbered episodes are Trigger episodes)
 
Apr 15, 3:21 AM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 344
been hearing this ep. 14 meltdown. but compared with Re:Zero episode 18, which one is the craziest though?

waifu war is fun and games though until it gets too personal.

 
Apr 15, 3:23 AM

Online
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 5173
Inukanura said:
been hearing this ep. 14 meltdown. but compared with Re:Zero episode 18, which one is the craziest though?

Re zero ep 18 was so much crazier

zero two didn't even lose so i don't understand that salt
Daily reminder : tsunderes are disgusting bitches

 
Apr 15, 3:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 21837
Inukanura said:
been hearing this ep. 14 meltdown. but compared with Re:Zero episode 18, which one is the craziest though?

waifu war is fun and games though until it gets too personal.

Re:Zero was a bad waifu war tho.....

 
Apr 15, 3:35 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2015
Posts: 4143
Clebardman said:
zal said:
And this is why I regret being part of this community...

Yep, makes me feel very old and regret the time when I was munching chips in front of american sitcoms, instead of browsing this place.
It was a better time waster :)


Tennouji said:
zal said:
And this is one of the reasons why I regret being part of this community...


To be honest these kind of stuff aren't only on MAL. Anime community in general nowadays are always like this.
I wasn't limiting myself to MAL.
Paprika said:
Don't you think dreams and the internet are similar? They are both areas where the repressed conscious mind vents.
 
Apr 15, 3:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 11170
Tennouji said:
zal said:
And this is one of the reasons why I regret being part of this community...


To be honest these kind of stuff aren't only on MAL. Anime community in general nowadays are always like this.
I wasn't limiting myself to MAL.[/quote]

Oh. But oh well, it can't be really help that anime communities are being shitty when it comes to waifu wars. Look what happened during Nisekoi days.


 
Apr 15, 4:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 74
When you say it's the most polarizin ganime in winter 2018, and that it is the way to go, i'm not sure what the message is.
 
Apr 15, 4:37 AM
Lives on FG

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 2291
Another reason why I'm glad I never watched it. This sounds terrible.
 
Apr 15, 4:44 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

Also, no. Franxx only proves the fact that anime should not be taken seriously.
 
Apr 15, 4:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2016
Posts: 1066
Ehh. . . I didn't have any interest to the show. . . I just watched the newest episode for laughs since I know how A1 picture is with their original anime. . . I don't get excited at all nor care what happens next
"People who don't see that anime has changed are either wearing "glasses" or watching only a certain type (and or era) of anime"
"Having a low mean score doesn't necessarily mean one doesn't enjoy anime. Rating system is not a school grading system."
"Elitist is people who think he is superior than others. Not necessarily ones who insulting/critisizing your favorite anime or people who enjoy a certain type of anime"
"Fanboy is people who translating "your favorite anime is shit" into "you are shit".
"Being a fanboy is an indication of elitism"
 
Apr 15, 4:47 AM

Online
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 3507
Can we take the "create thread" button away from Alex somehow?

I just cannot trust him with this power any longer
 
Apr 15, 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 4256
Clebardman said:
zal said:
And this is why I regret being part of this community...

Yep, makes me feel very old and regret the time when I was munching chips in front of american sitcoms, instead of browsing this place.


words of wisdom right here.

truly a pity.


"elles sont bien noires
les pensées des nuits blanches"


 
Apr 15, 4:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 21837
Manaban said:
Can we take the "create thread" button away from Alex somehow?

I just cannot trust him with this power any longer

Um...my threads are legendary.

Each one meticulous in nature and woven with the utmost care.
 
Apr 15, 4:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 21837
EndlessMine said:
Gr8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8.

Also, no. Franxx only proves the fact that anime should not be taken seriously.

Exactly!

That's why waifu wars are soooo much fun!
 
Apr 15, 4:56 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 454
Well i don't care about waifu war and shit like that(just kidding). The thing that I am most concerned about is that I see a death flag on hiro or 02 in near future.
 
Apr 15, 5:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 165
Something little I made.

This is how I see MAL, Twitter and reddit right now



I pick the left one in this case :]
I do not care about your 02/Ichigo ship, Nana > Ichigo + 02
 
Apr 15, 5:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 9
The real issue is that Momo doesn't have horns like Zerotwo, but that no matter to me, Yui Kotegawa is best waifu!
 
Apr 15, 5:05 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 3692
ikr? lol

This kind of things make ppl go nuts. Regarding it's in a good or bad way, it still bumped the popularity lol

Though I don't plan to watch this, it's pretty entertaining seeing all the arguments.
OTP: Kid x Law | Katsuki x Izuku | Erwin x Levi | Hide x Kaneki | Sanada x Yukimura | See more!

» My doujinshi collection
» Favorite Boku no Hero Academia doujinshi

"There is only a few things in this world that I actually care. First is my family, second is my husbandos, third is my OTPs, and fourth is my two best friends."
 
Apr 15, 5:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 700
Darling in the Franxx proves that anime community likes waifu shows with shitty writing , shitty plot, and shitty characters. (Both Ichigo and 02 are trash tier)
Easily one of the worst popular show this / last season.
It got way more attention than it deserves with shitty writing/ plot/ characters like that...
Guess A1 and Trigger tag is to thank for how much attention this show gets.
Reminds me when I watch Owari no Saraph, which got way more attention than it deserves cuz it's Wit Studio, yet the plot/ characters are garbage tier too.

Watching Franxx is like watching Twilight, which almost all the characters have trash tier intelligence, and are made for drama, and drama alone. No-one asks for cliche soup opera in this show.

In fact, it's like this show has no substance to talk about beyond character drama because so far the plot and antagonist are so weak. Klax is so unmemorable and insignificant that none of them stand out like Eva's angels, and only serves as a plot device just to reinforce the drama and nothing else. Same can be said to all the mechas in this show. Political issue is mildly discussed cuz our main casts have the mental age of 8 years old or younger.
There're more plot holes and plot convenience than Guilty Crown ever wants to achieve.

Reminds me when Ancient Magus Bride wins best drama on crunchyroll , yet Rakugo is performing 100 times better than AMB in terms of drama / plot / characters.

Come to think of it, Sword Art Online becomes insanely popular too after Asuna becomes waifu. It all make sense now why SAO is loved. Same reason why people like Darling in the Franx.
Modified by Ventus_S, Apr 15, 6:07 AM
 
Apr 15, 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 24330
well, as long creatore also prepared for backlash, there you go...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
 
Apr 15, 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 700
Deku6339 said:
xShinigami3125 said:
Are you serious about this ? I mean I droped the garbage show after episode 1 so I have no idea what's going on the only one I see talking about this is you who constantly makes threads about this.

Seeing the Animes you have as your favourites I can see y u did that (all mainstream)..

But it gets really good afterwards (particularly episode 4 and episode 13 is even brilliant)..


Haha, you're talking as if Franxx is not popular.
Go to anime reddit and you'd see it is the most popular show by far this year.
The thread number counts are even beyond Made in Abyss, despite every aspects of it are worse than Made in Abyss by a long shot. In fact the thread number actually surpasses Re: Zero. which is 2016's biggest / most watched show.

I don't believe Franxx will win any award this year by any means.
Just a hot potato show which everyone is watching/ talking about, despite it's trash.
Modified by Ventus_S, Apr 15, 5:22 AM
 
Apr 15, 5:16 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 138
I'm glad i dropped this after the first episode.
 
Apr 15, 5:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 283
Salt in the Franxx is indeed a great show. I died laughing yesterday, thanks to all the salty comments.
But in all seriousness, I'm neutral to the conflict. At the end of the day, whoever wins there's still going to be massive amounts of salt and tantrums from the community, which is going to be quite entertaining. I'm personally enjoying the show so far. One episode isn't going to make me hate it like so many others. I'll just be sitting here, drinking coffee and laughing at all these morons participating in the waifu wars and those outside who hate the show because "hurr durr waifu bait garbage".
 
Apr 15, 5:43 AM

Online
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 4595
Darling in the Franxx is a trash anime, and proves only that NGE copies in 2018 are a mistake.
 
Apr 15, 5:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2015
Posts: 258
S-quare22 said:
Clebardman said:

Yep, makes me feel very old and regret the time when I was munching chips in front of american sitcoms, instead of browsing this place.


words of wisdom right here.

truly a pity.

I wholly agree with all of this ^^

#charlimit
Modified by CrimsonResonance, Apr 15, 5:59 AM

크림슨 공명
═══ ∘ ❉ ∘ ═══
“ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ: ᴍʏ ᴛᴇᴇɴ ᴀɴɢsᴛ ʙᴜʟʟsʜɪᴛ ɴᴏᴡ
ʜᴀs ᴀ ʙᴏᴅʏ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ.”
 
Apr 15, 6:11 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 21837
CondemneDio said:
Darling in the Franxx is a trash anime, and proves only that NGE copies in 2018 are a mistake.

What part of Darling is trash?

This is by far one of the best anime of our generation.


EDIT: Added a video for a bit of reference to the whole Zero Two vs Ichigo thing...
 
Apr 15, 6:13 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 46
--ALEX-- said:
CondemneDio said:
Darling in the Franxx is a trash anime, and proves only that NGE copies in 2018 are a mistake.

What part of Darling is trash?

This is by far one of the best anime of our generation.

What part of Franxx is not trash? People like this anime because it is trash. As some like to say: "So bad it's good".
 
Apr 15, 6:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2018
Posts: 85
Ventus_S said:
Darling in the Franxx proves that anime community likes waifu shows with shitty writing , shitty plot, and shitty characters. (Both Ichigo and 02 are trash tier)
Easily one of the worst popular show this / last season.
It got way more attention than it deserves with shitty writing/ plot/ characters like that...
Guess A1 and Trigger tag is to thank for how much attention this show gets.
Reminds me when I watch Owari no Saraph, which got way more attention than it deserves cuz it's Wit Studio, yet the plot/ characters are garbage tier too.

Watching Franxx is like watching Twilight, which almost all the characters have trash tier intelligence, and are made for drama, and drama alone. No-one asks for cliche soup opera in this show.

In fact, it's like this show has no substance to talk about beyond character drama because so far the plot and antagonist are so weak. Klax is so unmemorable and insignificant that none of them stand out like Eva's angels, and only serves as a plot device just to reinforce the drama and nothing else. Same can be said to all the mechas in this show. Political issue is mildly discussed cuz our main casts have the mental age of 8 years old or younger.
There're more plot holes and plot convenience than Guilty Crown ever wants to achieve.

Reminds me when Ancient Magus Bride wins best drama on crunchyroll , yet Rakugo is performing 100 times better than AMB in terms of drama / plot / characters.

Come to think of it, Sword Art Online becomes insanely popular too after Asuna becomes waifu. It all make sense now why SAO is loved. Same reason why people like Darling in the Franx.


Says that while having fate zero and
 
Apr 15, 6:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 700
EndlessMine said:
--ALEX-- said:

What part of Darling is trash?

This is by far one of the best anime of our generation.

What part of Franxx is not trash? People like this anime because it is trash. As some like to say: "So bad it's good".


Ikr, you can literally find out huge plot hole from every single damn episodes..

All those character arcs are semi trash too. (ep10 is the only one that's more interesting and not shallow / cliche as hell)
 
Pages (2) [1] 2 »