Forum Settings
Forums

What's the most disappointing anime you've ever seen?

New
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Apr 16, 2018 7:24 AM

Feb 2017
ERASED. It starts "holy shit this going to be my favorite!" and then turned out to "ehhhh, the ending was..."
Apr 16, 2018 8:02 AM
Jul 2018
Anohana.
Boring to watch and the "emotional" scenes pissed me off.
Apr 16, 2018 8:44 AM

Apr 2017
I'll go with One Piece. (Don't hate on me) Honestly, I tried watching it since it was very popular and lot of people were bragging about how good it is and a little too overrated but I couldn't go with more than 3 episodes. I found nothing about it appealing. Too many episodes and I just lost interest really quick.

[๐ฌ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฌ ๐ซ๐š๐ง ๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐ฆ๐จ๐จ๐ง๐›๐ž๐š๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐๐š๐ซ๐ค ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ.
๐๐š๐ฐ๐ง๐ฅ๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐ข๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ฏ๐ข๐ง๐ , ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ]

๐ข'๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ง ๐ง๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ;
๐ฐ๐š๐ข๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐œ๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ก๐š๐๐จ๐ฐ๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ง ๐Ÿ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ฆ๐ฌ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฌ]
Apr 16, 2018 8:46 AM

Feb 2018
Aki sora and Highschool dxd.no further things said!
Apr 16, 2018 9:44 AM
Feb 2013
Madoka Magica. I kept hearing wonders about this anime, I watched episode after episode waiting for it, only to realize the anime ended. I felt so disappointed. What a huge letdown.
Apr 16, 2018 10:03 AM

Nov 2017
Any anime that has nothing to offer except for their good visuals. Just a waste of money, time, and energy.
Apr 16, 2018 10:25 AM

Jan 2017
Guilty Crown, Ito Junji Collection, Berserk 2016, Boruto, D. Gray Man, One Punch Man and Cowboy Bebop. I had big expectations in the last two, but it's not that great, though.
Apr 16, 2018 10:30 AM

Dec 2017
Boku no Hero Academia. Heard everyone talking about how it's a shounen masterpiece and has one of the best tournament arcs in anime. Every character is a walking stereotype and the story couldn't be more contrived. Todoroki, the fan favorite character, is just another "here's my backstory do you feel bad for me now audience?"-kun and everybody else is somehow worse. Only character I find interesting is All Might. Plus the villains are so nonintimidating it's actually laughable. If you want a shounen with a great tournament arc and well written villains go watch YYH.
Apr 16, 2018 10:41 AM

Apr 2014
the most disapointing anime was second season of aldnoah.zero.
Apr 16, 2018 10:48 AM

Jun 2017
Mirrai nikki one of the over overrated anime for me.. .
Apr 16, 2018 10:49 AM

Sep 2015
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica, everyone said it's really dark and stuff and I kept waiting for it, only to realise it wasn't really dark for me. Huge disappointment I expected more.
Apr 16, 2018 11:04 AM

Sep 2017
Naruto and Bleach.

Good premises, interesting setups and abilities. No interesting character development, power development or payoff.

EDIT : Aldnoah Zero, Sankarea
james501Apr 16, 2018 11:08 AM
Apr 16, 2018 11:13 AM

Jun 2017
Desuh said:
the most disapointing anime was second season of aldnoah.zero.

first*

If I had to pick one, it would be Made in Abyss. Hyped by everyone but turned to be nothing special
IdleSolutionApr 16, 2018 11:18 AM

Apr 16, 2018 11:16 AM

Jul 2017
DBS, it wasn't one time getting a huge disapointment, more like, EVERY FUCKING WEEK i got disapointed with VERY RARE exeptions
the peak being the fucking TOUUUUUUUUUUURNAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEENT AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Realy it's the worst tournament arc I've ever seen and hope I'll ever seen 1/10
Apr 16, 2018 11:27 AM
Jul 2018
My Hero Academia i was interested in watching it because was saying it so "good" and one of the characters seemed cool i watched 3 episodes and found it really boring i characters was dull and it felt like a more light harted version of Hajime Hinatas story from Danganronpa with little to no consequences the the mc and i was just really disappointed in it because it seemed nothing what people said

in my opinion its one of the worst anime ive seen
Apr 16, 2018 11:49 AM

Oct 2016
Madoka Magica. Everyone was praising it into the sky so I really expected a lot from it. But for me it turned out to be mediocre.
Apr 16, 2018 12:04 PM
May 2017
Fate encore for sure. Shaft and fate sounded good at the start but.....
Apr 16, 2018 12:10 PM
May 2017
golden time. after done watch last episode, i feel very disappointed, then i deleted anything i had related to that show and made me not want to watch another romance genre for a while.
Apr 16, 2018 12:21 PM

Mar 2017
Code Geass. This series had sooooo much going for it and I wanted to like it sooooo much, and yet it turned monumentally stupid in the second season.

Deadman Wonderland is a close second.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Apr 16, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2015
Neon Genesis Evangelion and every other thing with dementia tag

Well...
Apr 16, 2018 2:19 PM

Jun 2013
gahara31 said:
Disappointment for just the recent anime

Overlord 2 -> Animation quality fell, stick with material plot but failed to make It interesting.

Darling in the frankxx -> hoping for a serious romance-mecha-military plot development. aren't they still just kids?

Violet Evergarden -> I was hoping romance plot with character development. not just a character development with random stories each arc.

-> They needed another aproach on Darling in the frankxx otherwise it would be another NGE,TTGL,KLK

-> Violet evergarden, it's about a girl that doesn't know about Feelings and she is searching the meaning of all that while looking for the guy that told her "I Love You", obviously there wasn't going to be any romance
Apr 16, 2018 5:05 PM

May 2017
The only thing that comes to my mind is Yosuga no Sora... that fucking shit really bothers me everytime i think about it
Apr 16, 2018 5:12 PM
Jan 2016
GreatConquest said:
Nothing angers me more than Sword Art Online. A very promising premise ruined by horrible characters, no plot, etc.
isn't the promising premise of SAO ripping off Battle Royal? if it kept that premise everyone will complain that SAO is just another isekai Battle Royal like Btooom! was. The most disappointing anime I ever watch was Darling in the Frannx, watch the first five episode can't stand teenage angst.
Apr 16, 2018 5:14 PM
Jan 2016
Art copies Art until everyone runs out of ideas so a turd can out and play
Apr 16, 2018 5:14 PM

Mar 2011
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Aldnoah.Zero
Charlotte, and this one makes me mad cause it had the potential to be something actually good.
Attack on Titan
DNAngel, but with this one I have no idea what was I expecting to begin with.
Apr 16, 2018 5:17 PM

Aug 2017
Without going through my list, Flip Flappers instantly comes to mind. That show completely fell apart toward the end.

I'll add Silent Mobius, it's got the looks but its boring as hell. I own it though so I'll finish it eventually.
Apr 16, 2018 5:19 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Ummm, Eromanga-sensei, Masamune-kun no Revenge, High School Fleet, Koi Kaze, Gamers!, Kaze no Stigma, OreShura, Haiyore! Nyaruko-san, C3, Accel World

At least just going with things that seemed like it would mold really well with me and only ended up being stuff I didn't particularly enjoy

Apr 16, 2018 5:36 PM

Jan 2012
Hiiro no Kakera because it was boring, Guilty Crown a bit, but that's just my preference because it turned to sad and messy for my liking
ๆ†งใ‚Œ
Apr 16, 2018 5:43 PM
otp haver ๐Ÿคช

Jul 2017
Maybe Hibike? I usually know when I'll like a series and where to set my expectations. But I guess I expected so much out of Hibike because of the visuals and the two main girls alone, that the rest of the teen drama just made it fall apart at the seams.
Apr 16, 2018 5:45 PM

May 2017
3-gatsu no Lion...Did not expect to go that way,but it lost me somwhere midway and dragged me till the end of second season
Apr 16, 2018 5:45 PM

Dec 2017
tragedydesu said:
Re zero

that anime kept teasing a ship the whole time only to fuck it at the end
i felt betrayed
Salty boi. #Loserwhoonlycaresforships
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to ใƒ†ใ‚นใƒˆ by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 16, 2018 5:47 PM

Dec 2017
BnHA and Berserk are the epitome of fucking overhyped trash.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to ใƒ†ใ‚นใƒˆ by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 16, 2018 6:34 PM

Apr 2017
Re:Zero

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Naruto: Shippuuden

Sword Art Online

Apr 16, 2018 7:17 PM

Oct 2017
I had high hopes for the Togainu no Chi anime because it was (and still is) one of my most favorite visual novels. I was so excited and then I watched it...
I think I may have genuinely teared up...

I was so disappointed that it became the very first anime that I ever dropped.
"Never underestimate bread rolls!"
Apr 16, 2018 7:19 PM

Oct 2017
Bleach for sure, literally dropped after one episode
Apr 16, 2018 7:43 PM
Oct 2016
Koutetsujou no Kabaneri
The story was very interesting in the start but when came to episode probably 7/8 they messed up the whole anime.
Psycho pass 2
In my opinion season 2 contradicts with its sequel. What I sensed was that they were trying show anime bloody without making any sense.
Apr 16, 2018 8:15 PM

Aug 2016
Hetalia? Nanbaka? (the second season was an improvement though) I thought I would enjoy them a lot especially since they were comedy shows and other people had praised them, but I didn't end up doing so.
Apr 16, 2018 8:25 PM
Apr 2018
Fate/Zero (I was so excited with this one with all the good reviews and comments and the first chapters but meh)
Monogatari
Toradora
Apr 16, 2018 8:28 PM

Sep 2013
guess this thread is the one of the month, about the same topic.
sword art online.
Apr 16, 2018 9:50 PM

Dec 2017
No Game No Life, Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo, Angel Beats, Seikon no Qwaser comes to mind.
Apr 16, 2018 10:01 PM
Apr 2008
Berserk 2016. I was so happy to finally see a proper post-Golden Age adaptation... and I never even finished the first episode.

To a lesser extent, Dragon Ball Super. Those initial arcs didn't really expand on Battle of Gods and Resurrection F so much as they elongated them. I'll just stick with the movies for any rewatches. Though I did really enjoy the slice-of-life stuff in-between. I'd rewatch those too.
Apr 16, 2018 10:04 PM
Mar 2014
Cowboy Bebop, Trigun. Both were meh, at least Trigun I finished though where as I made it 14 episodes into Bebop.
Apr 16, 2018 10:10 PM

Jul 2016
A recent one, Junji Ito Collection.

I was ecstatic when I heard its announcement. I'm a big fan of Junji, and watching some of his best short stories in anime format was one of my long-lasting dreams.

Long story short, it was shit.
Shit animation, shit concept art, shit direction, shit storyboards, shit storytelling, shit pacing, they didn't even try.
They just slapped in our faces a fanmade-from-Youtube quality series.

The first episodes were bad but bearable, but it all went downhill from that.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Apr 17, 2018 4:17 AM
Jul 2018
Psycho-Pass and Ergo Proxy - beacuse oh well-acclaimed. Once I started both and get to finish one cour from each, I wasn't impressed with what I watched. Yeah, both almost sucked the life out of me - so boring.

Akagami no Shirayuki-hime and Mahoutsukai no Yome - these two are so made of the same caliber. Both have the most uninteresting couples to follow. Funny how everything these shows contained in the background(like supporting characters) was much more entertaining than what was center of attention. To sum up both - dull, uneventful, stale, a real drag to watch.

Aoi Bungaku Series - it's "No Longer Human" 's fault. Like I couldn't go on & see the other 3-4 stories of the collection because of how high level depressing this first was; 'cause I'm surely not a fan of stories that breed no hope. It was like watching the devil breaking down a human being in just a short metter of time. Left me heartbroken on a negative way.

Shingeki no Bahamut:Genesis - similarly like PP and EP. Deceived by the whole hype it stood behind the show, and the fact that I was hearing only positive things about it just to leave me annoyed when I completed it. Especially by the dumb leading trio. I'm still saying to this day, it was worth sticking to because of best boy/demon. No complaints about the sequel - I actually love it that one.

Boku no Hero Academina season 2 - the first cour was totally awesome with the duels; as sure to give it 9/10 but then the 'zzzzz' second cour happened.

91 Days - the ending alone fucked up the whole series for me. Forever salty on the idea for op ending.
Apr 17, 2018 5:18 AM
Jul 2018
Full Metal Alchemist, and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood.
It’s mediocre at best, its far from being a great anime.
Apr 17, 2018 7:36 AM
Review Moderator
king

Aug 2017
Steins;Gate, was expecting a lot more as my friend rlly hyped it up, but it sucks.
Apr 18, 2018 12:14 PM

Jul 2016
Jigoku Shoujo litarly all episodes or the same
Apr 18, 2018 12:18 PM

Sep 2016
Recently, i was disappointed with Fate Apocrypha.
Apr 18, 2018 12:23 PM

Feb 2018
Boku no Hero Academia. Heard all these great things about it. Can't see how it's appealing to anyone. Finished feeling very underwhelmed and disappointed
Apr 18, 2018 12:26 PM

Sep 2014
That anime about travelling to Antartica, a place with only 8 penguins u_u
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hottest character from any of your Anime Favorites OR Character Favorites? (profile)

IpreferEcchi - Apr 16

23 by IpreferEcchi »»
5 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime โ€“ what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

22 by MichaelJackson »»
7 minutes ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Anime/Character' Thread (v10) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Dec 21, 2020

7160 by machy871 »»
8 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst ( 1 2 )

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

55 by bakatora2016 »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 1 hour ago

7 by LoveYourEyes »»
37 minutes ago
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.