Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 14, 2018 1:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Haha, Uraraka to become more conscious about Deku again this season.

This episode got me back into the mood for the action from this series. We didn't see much of that from the first episode but this one really gave me a better impression. Deku is still doing pretty well with his abilities so far.

Interesting to see the Pussycats this episode though. About time they showed up!
Lol, Mineta and his perverted personality never ceases in this show.
Stark700Apr 14, 2018 7:47 AM
Apr 14, 2018 1:51 AM

Jan 2012
Alright then it's episode 40 this week, "Wild, Wild Pussycats." Adapting the rest of Chapter 70 and 71 to finish off Volume 8 of the original source manga. At last, the forest training camp has begun! And we get to see a somewhat extended look at the forest of beasts. The scenario of training before you even eat reminds me a bit of early Dragon Ball, in a good way. I love the creature designs, as well as their immunity against Koda's ability. Who we've still seen too little of to this point. And it was nice to see everyone get to show their stuff a little bit. But I'm getting ahead of myself. I do so enjoy scenes like the students acting like kids on the bus. And the Pussycats for whom the episode is named...leave quite the impression don't they? XD Speaking of, that bath scene! Too bad for Mineta, but I admire his spirit. XD Oh yeah, that was quite the view young Kota got. And a solid save by Midoriya! And even after getting punched in the junk earlier too, a true hero. XD Poor Kota though, to lose both parents at such a young age. His attitude isn't really surprising. So we're gonna get some quirk strengthening training! This should be fun!  
animefan8800Apr 14, 2018 3:05 AM
Apr 14, 2018 2:55 AM

Dec 2012
Nice episode. Cool to see Class B again.

The Wild Wild PussyCats are quite eccentric and fun.

Great to see all the students show off their quirks and use teamwork to defeat those Earth Beasts.
Time to improve on their quirks.

Plus Ultra!

"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Apr 14, 2018 3:04 AM

Dec 2014
Fantastic episode.

Ochako and Deku moment at the start. <3

I love how Deku was the only one super stoked to see the Pussycats while the others were just dumbstruck. XD
That moment when everyone tries to get back to the bus when they got a sense of what was gonna happen was hilarious. XD

Bones with the content extensions ftw! They seriously do a great job at extending out the right content. It was really cool see class A fight those beasts. They pretty much adapted only 1 chapter this episode but since the extensions were pretty damn good, it never felt dragged out at all. Honestly, Toei and Pierrot ought to learn from Bones on how to extend content without making it feel dragged out. That said, I wonder if they'll continue at this pace by extending a lot of content or start increasing the pace, we'll have to wait till next week to find out.

The scene with Bakugou calling Kota a precocious kid and Todoroki responding to him that Kota was like him was hilarious. XD

Mineta at the bath, "Walls are meant to be climbed over". Epic. XD
Great shot of the girls at the bath though.

Kota's a kid troubled with the image of heroes after the death of his parents, I can imagine how hard it must've been for him to lose his parents at such an age. :(

Quirk training hype!

Can't wait for next week.
Plus Ultra!
Lelouch0202Apr 14, 2018 3:07 AM
Apr 14, 2018 3:06 AM

Mar 2008
Mineta my boy, keep fighting the good fight. Just try not to piss yourself anymore. lmao
Apr 14, 2018 3:07 AM

Dec 2017
Great episode, loved the extended fight scene and mineta ofc lol
Apr 14, 2018 3:12 AM

May 2017
love this anime.. greatness
Apr 14, 2018 3:13 AM

Jan 2009
so the training to improve their quirks starts now
Apr 14, 2018 3:18 AM

Nov 2016
Opening sounds definitely better after listening to it for a second time.

Pretty fresh episode,even tho they didn't adapt that much. Pussycats appearance and the training were entertaining. Looking forward to the rest of this arc.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 14, 2018 3:18 AM

Sep 2014
Great episode. I liked the extended fights of those soil creatures and didn't feel dragged out either. We got to see Kota and his past as well which revealed why he hates heroes that much. Mineta always provides the best comedy lol Liked the post-credits scene with the members of the Villain Alliance started gathering too.
Apr 14, 2018 3:21 AM

Nov 2016
The training finally starts.
I like the character design of the Pussycats, they same cool quirks ans their personalities is hilarious. The reason why Kota hate heroes is sad rip.
Mineta like always is a pervert little guy that takes every chance to see girls lmao.
The hard training is about to start, and the villains are close to do their first warning.
Apr 14, 2018 3:25 AM

Jul 2017
Disregarding the last episode, this felt like truly, the first episode of this season for me and it was a pretty solid start.

Poor Mineta. Didn't have the best day there.

Don't care at all for Kota at all right now but I hope that can change in the next episode.
Apr 14, 2018 3:26 AM

Feb 2018
WAit in the opening we see all might vs
Apr 14, 2018 3:28 AM

Feb 2017
Nice to see more perspectives on the hero society they live in, in this case Kota's perspective. Sad story.
Moment where Kota hit Deku in the balls and Ida's reaction were hilarious. Bath scene and Uraraka getting conscious of Deku were also pretty funny.
Apr 14, 2018 3:35 AM

Feb 2018
This should have been the first episode of the season and not that "fanservice" one (it wasn't even real fanservice I mean yaoyorozu had more cloth on the usually)
Apr 14, 2018 3:37 AM

Jan 2013
Lol the similarity between Kota and Bakugo is hilarious :D Mineta is the real man, a man needs to do those things, that's why I appreciate him for trying..
Apr 14, 2018 3:39 AM
Jul 2018
I likes the fight scene in this episode against the beasts, it really showed the quirks of a lot of the heroes who have been less appreciated in the show in the past. Nice to see class B again, hoping they'll get some more character development because they were barely there in the sports festival arc. The pussycats I'm not sure about as characters, but I'm waiting to see what the rest of this training camp arc is like.
Apr 14, 2018 3:41 AM

Feb 2018
Pretty on the nose how that cat hero just points out the "relevant" people from class A lol but it's just true the others are mostly just "there" for the fights (if at all)
Apr 14, 2018 3:52 AM

Sep 2015
BHA really on Shounen Jump? i mean i expect they will drag the whole episode on this "traning" they even already explain why Kota act like that.

I wonder how they will train some Quirk?
Into the Internet!
Apr 14, 2018 3:54 AM

Feb 2013
Poor kid, if something isn't done he could become a villain in the future.
Those pussycats are kawaii!
Apr 14, 2018 3:59 AM

Apr 2018
I loved this episode - I gave it a 5!

They did a great job showcasing all of Class 1-A's quirks in battle during their journey towards the camp. Momo was badass - I really wish they'd give her more material, she is one of the better characters IMO! Same goes for Tokoyami! I also like how they highlighted Shoji, Sero, Sato, Hagakure and Koda's strengths, as they more than others fade into the background I find.

There were plenty of awesome comedic moments - from the students running towards the bus once they realize they were being stranded, everyone listing off their powers in battle and Bakugo just yelling "I'LL KILL YOU!", Bakugo telling "Icy Hot" that he was in his way, Kouta punching Deku and Bakugo getting all soft about this kid, Kouta hitting Mineta and making him fall down the wall ass first onto Iida's face... ahahaha!

I can't wait for the next episodes! :)
Apr 14, 2018 4:06 AM

Dec 2015
Lol, self-conscious Uraraka is so fucking cute <3

The chick calling dibs on the four of them, pretty hilarious. Kinda reminded me of Mineta, but she wasn't as gross about it.

I thought for a second that Aizawa was gonna make everyone do the ball test again, and Bakugou would explode at how much better Midoriya would do this time around. Without a broken finger or anything.

Also, Himiko at the end was <33
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 14, 2018 4:07 AM

Apr 2018
Ulquiorra said:
Poor kid, if something isn't done he could become a villain in the future.
Those pussycats are kawaii!

I actually really like the optic of having Kouta in this story, or even Bakugo in general. They offer a good contrast to Shigaraki.

Apr 14, 2018 4:13 AM

Jun 2014
Now the fun will finally begin, as we've headed into actual canon content. Seeing Class A's teamwork against the forest beasts was awesome, and some new characters have been introduced. The Pussycats are fun, but Kota...not so much (but with his backstory it's understandable). And lol at Mineta....keep trying, man, keep trying. I'm looking forward to seeing the class train their Quirks, and the new villains that were teased at the end have me hyped.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 14, 2018 4:13 AM

Sep 2017
Allright, the training camp arc finally begins!

Again, Hero Aca does what it does best: realistically portraying a society where heroes exist, with all the good and, as we could see today, the bad that can bring. Can't wait to see the rest of this arc animated.
Apr 14, 2018 4:16 AM

Feb 2015
Man, I love Ochako and Deku moments...SHIP THEM SO BAD :D

So glad to have this back between this and DXD, my anime fix is over 9000 baby.
Apr 14, 2018 4:17 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I am of the same opinion, really, it was the first episode of the series after the recap of before!!!
Well, girls and boys return to the training, but in the forest!!!
Mineta in every season is more "vicious"!!! kekeke
Apr 14, 2018 4:20 AM

Mar 2018
Really fun episode that couldn't help but brighten up my day. Just so many cute and funny moments that really highlight how likable this cast is, and the introduction of the pussycats or Kota don't hinder it one bit.

These episodes are way too short lol, really looking forward to next week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2018 4:20 AM

Sep 2014
Enjoyed the pacing of the episode, ending was hype.

Apr 14, 2018 4:27 AM

Aug 2017
Hahaha great episode & nice adaptation expansion by having all the class go against the beasts, that was fun.

Poor Iida though, man that was hilarious.

Damn I can't wait for next week, especially for more of when the villains make their move.
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 14, 2018 4:31 AM

Apr 2017
Onsen episode, 5/5.

Fake cat ears, fake cat tails, fake cat paws, I feel betrayed.
cunnysseur
Apr 14, 2018 4:33 AM

Apr 2015
Man, I love this show. :)
Apr 14, 2018 4:38 AM

Jan 2017
This episode was great, as usual.
But one thing that's eating away at me is that in a world where superpowers (or quirks) are the norm it's only natural for there to be good guys and bad guys utilising said superpowers; this got me thinking, "what is the purpose of the league of villains for this world to make them impactful for the anime?"
'Cause right now it just seems like bad guys being bad, and the only thing I've heard otherwise is that villain, "Dabi," saying something along the lines of cleaning the world of fakes [superheroes]; of which -in general circumstances- would be a great theme, but when it's the norm for people to have these "quirks," how can you judge who is fake or not. Because, if anything, Midoriya could just be really passionate.

Well, other than that I didn't like the fact that not everyone was tested in the same way -a shame, really!
I'd have liked to see their improvements, however minuscule it was

I initially thought Kota was related to Stain; I don't know why, it was something to do with the hat and eyes, I think?!

Lol😂😂😭, Mineta though; so close, yet so far - to be fair, even Kota was getting a bit hormonal. Just don't pee your self next time.

The one thing that stood out for me though, is that the distribution of each characters part was quite fair and the m-mc didn't hog the show time like what would usually happen
Apr 14, 2018 4:40 AM
Apr 2018
I think there have been maybe a foreshadowing about a main theme of the season.... in the opening, they sing about keeping their ideals... and then there’s the little boy who hates superheroes .... that’s his ideal... even in season 2 there was something about ideals, stain doesn’t like the average heroes too...
at this moment, deku wants to be a smiling hero, just because all might does it like that... and now he gets confronted with different ideals, who are even deeper overthought then just his childish all might idol...
there will be definitely a big focus on that aspect of the series... maybe not now, but 100% in incoming seasons
Apr 14, 2018 4:42 AM

May 2017
The moment they got on that forest I'm like, ahh chunin exam ripoff lol
Apr 14, 2018 4:46 AM

Dec 2015
I hate Mineta so damn much, he's just the worst character ever conceived.
I actually laughed derisively when he peed his pants.
Apr 14, 2018 4:49 AM

Mar 2018
This was a whole lot better than the previous episode. Almost feels like they should have started the season with this one since it shows every students using their power as a reminder. But now that things really started I'm pleased to see that they only added good stuff like this.

And that Mineta scene...he's the best at being the worst. Perhaps him landing on Tenya's face was funnier in the manga because it happened in the background.

Great adaptation and perfectly paced.

Also I really love the opening now, will be glad to hear it every week.
Apr 14, 2018 4:50 AM

Sep 2017
I definitely want to see what happens about their squirds if they are training them.

Apr 14, 2018 4:55 AM
Nov 2017
tambi33 said:
This episode was great, as usual.
But one thing that's eating away at me is that in a world where superpowers (or quirks) are the norm it's only natural for there to be good guys and bad guys utilising said superpowers; this got me thinking, "what is the purpose of the league of villains for this world to make them impactful for the anime?"
'Cause right now it just seems like bad guys being bad, and the only thing I've heard otherwise is that villain, "Dabi," saying something along the lines of cleaning the world of fakes [superheroes]; of which -in general circumstances- would be a great theme, but when it's the norm for people to have these "quirks," how can you judge who is fake or not. Because, if anything, Midoriya could just be really passionate.

Well, other than that I didn't like the fact that not everyone was tested in the same way -a shame, really!
I'd have liked to see their improvements, however minuscule it was

I initially thought Kota was related to Stain; I don't know why, it was something to do with the hat and eyes, I think?!

Lol😂😂😭, Mineta though; so close, yet so far - to be fair, even Kota was getting a bit hormonal. Just don't pee your self next time.

The one thing that stood out for me though, is that the distribution of each characters part was quite fair and the m-mc didn't hog the show time like what would usually happen
They’ve already touched on that topic with stain . There are people who do heroic acts just for their own selfish wants and that’s not being a true hero . It’s already been touched on how society is honestly bad in this world and they mostly do it with comedic effect with how they chained up bakugo during the sports festival but they will touch up on it in the upcoming episodes how society honestly isn’t good . The league of villains are just “ bad guys “ . The world isn’t black or white it’s grey .
Apr 14, 2018 5:00 AM

Aug 2015
Ah yes, the actual first episode, nice. I hope we can all just pretend that the filler from last week never existed.
Apr 14, 2018 5:08 AM

Apr 2017
Pretty sure everyone saw it already but if you did not, there's an after credits scene.

Apr 14, 2018 5:25 AM
Nov 2017
When it feels like you hittin that gas, but she tell you you only hittin 709.6 meters XD
I know Bakugo was way upset after that lol
Apr 14, 2018 5:25 AM
Apr 2018
BNHA never fails to impress with the animation and cliffhangers.
Apr 14, 2018 5:26 AM

Nov 2014
CUTENESS OVERLOAD AHHHHH!!!

So it seems that they changed the manga scene...

Im pretty sure in the manga class 1-A met Monoma by himself in that classroom... I don't remember his whole class showing up in this arc...

And Monoma. Dude. You need to chill.

Him and Mineta are both characters there for comedic purpose, but Monoma is WAY MORE tolerable and lovable. Mineta's just plain gross. Like Kouta said, learn to be a decent human being first. I seriously wish the mangaka would kick Mineta out of class 1-A and allow Shinsou to transfer.

And lastly...
WHO IS THIS HOT BOI!!!!
ttcchenApr 14, 2018 5:30 AM
Apr 14, 2018 5:27 AM
Feb 2018
Quite a slow start, slower than season 1 and 2, Mineta is very annoying as usual and it's way too quirky at the moment particularly with the pussycats. I don't think I like the new kid (Koto, right?) but maybe he will bring some interesting storylines in the future.

Could be better.
Apr 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Oct 2017
Ahh, what the hell. That episode went by way too quickly, that was weird. But yeah, that extended fight against the Beasts in the forest was a nice addition to showcase their powers after we haven't seen them use their quirks in a more serious way. Mineta pervertedness might not bode well with people but I personally found him really funny in this episode. Great interactions between characters as always.

Villains are finally on the move. Kota's backstory and his negative view on heroes should put in an interesting take for Deku's own view. This is going to be good. Let's get the quirk training happening!

And lastly, meant to say this last week but Toga looked adorable in the opening.
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Apr 14, 2018 5:28 AM

Feb 2018
What i like from this episode or the beginning of this arc. They explained how much class A power level improved through baseball pitch. I am glad they are improved just a bit, not too much
Apr 14, 2018 5:37 AM

Feb 2014
It's obviously easy to say that this second episode was far better than the first one. =)

For starters, the comedy scenes were funnier, with Mineta's constant perverted thoughts and actions made me laugh a lot. Same goes for when Uraraka and Midoriya were blushing at being close to each other, with Uraraka thinking about Aoyama's words he asked her in the previous season. ^_^

Not to forget, the pussycat ladies were really cute, with one of them wanting to be forever 18 rather than her real age of 30-ish?

The big talking point was Kota, apart from punching Midoriya's poor scrotum (lol), he has a big hatred for heroes in general. It did make me think of him as a brat at first, one where even Bakugo admired him for, but Kota's backstory about his parents being killed in the line of duty being pretty sad and tragic. I'm hoping that at some point in this arc, Midoriya and the rest of class 1-A can open up Kota's heart and change the poor guy's opinion about heroes.

Apart from that, the training really gets going next time and going by Eraser Head's crazy grin at the end, it'll probably feel like torture. XD
Apr 14, 2018 5:43 AM

Oct 2012
This is going to be such a great season. The villains building up to a huge attack. The heroes getting stronger. The rivalries still brewing and the hormones are flowing. I'm digging this Kota kid. I hope he continues to develop in the story.
Apr 14, 2018 5:44 AM

Oct 2015
ttcchen said:
CUTENESS OVERLOAD AHHHHH!!!

So it seems that they changed the manga scene...

Im pretty sure in the manga class 1-A met Monoma by himself in that classroom... I don't remember his whole class showing up in this arc...

And Monoma. Dude. You need to chill.

Him and Mineta are both characters there for comedic purpose, but Monoma is WAY MORE tolerable and lovable. Mineta's just plain gross. Like Kouta said, learn to be a decent human being first. I seriously wish the mangaka would kick Mineta out of class 1-A and allow Shinsou to transfer.

I know this is a joke but Mineta got on the Hero Course due to the entrance exams. As Aizawa said, the entrance exams gave a huge advantage to those with physical Quirks like Bakugo, Iida, Midoriya, etc who could attack the robots. Mineta got through by disabling the robots using his sticky balls just like he did to the Forest Beasts this episode. Shinsou never had a chance of getting onto the Hero Course with the disadvantage of his Quirk not being able to affect the robots.

However, Japanese schools change up their classes with every year, so not only do I expect some members from the Hero Course to change in Sophomore year with members from Class 1-B changing into Midoriya's class, and vice versa, I also expect Shinsou to be moved onto the Hero Course.

The biggest question is how Hagakure got on the Hero Course given her Quirk is invisibility.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

52 by Lushi7 »»
Apr 12, 11:15 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 12, 2018

217 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

243 by Vindicater »»
Apr 9, 4:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.