Forum Settings
Forums

Do you actually like you boss/teacher/prof?

New
Do you actually like you boss/teacher/prof?
Apr 13, 2018 7:11 PM

Aug 2009
So it's kind of a meme that a lot of people hate their boss, its something you see pretty often in workplace comedies and stuff. Even in school there is usually some teacher that is just kind of an asshole or too strict or w.e.

Personally I've liked most of my teacher, when I went to uni though... I think there was just a really huge left-leaning bias there and it made me feel like I was being told what to think rather than coming my own conclusions. There were a lot of profs that I still like though and my favorite prof was actually someone who advocated for open borders, but I liked her because she was really nice and always smiling.

I'd say I disliked most of my first bosses in my first few jobs that were in customer service, but as I went into a different field I find my bosses to be much nicer in this particular field, especially my female bosses. Sometimes they even give me food... One of my bosses really likes to cook in the office and she was making sandwiches... so yeah my female boss made me a sandwich lol, even asked me if I wanted mayo on it. I'm planning to change my career field though... hopefully I don't get a shitty boss, but I definitely don't expect to get any nicer than now.

What about you guys?

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Apr 13, 2018 7:47 PM

Aug 2014
I've liked most of my teachers and bosses...and couldn't stand a few.

I'm my own boss now.

Not a whole lot to say here without telling a life story. haha
Apr 14, 2018 7:41 AM

Jan 2018
Arrogant, strict and never smile for no reason female boss (towards female workers) actually was nice to me. So I guess it's natural for people to be attracted to opposite gender, grumpy or not.
Apr 14, 2018 1:53 PM

May 2016
I don't think alot of people will respond here.

There are probably alot of dropouts and NEETs here on MAL
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Apr 14, 2018 2:35 PM
Jul 2018
I mean I have several teachers.
I don't have any I particularly hate, but some I just don't like.
I love my Anatomy teacher though and she says I'm her favorite!
Apr 14, 2018 2:57 PM

Nov 2013
my boss went from being a probation officer to working with young adults who dropped out of school/suspended to now being head of service in adult education. he's really good at dealing with people and puts staff first over work, so yeah he's pretty great.
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Apr 14, 2018 3:21 PM

Sep 2017
yes, as i work away from home i have to spend 15 days in the middle of nowhere with my crew and 2 bosses so i almost don't have a choice. although it is possible to point out faults in the way the do the supervising (like any other boss) it just makes things smoother to get along and like each other, i have learned to appreciate them more as time goes on. makes being out here way less awkward

More topics from this board

» Would you ever be interested in going on a blind date?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
10 minutes ago

» I'm a coomer, but the important question is...

LenRea - 7 hours ago

6 by Nemo_Niemand »»
26 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - Yesterday

20 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» For everyone who has signed up to this site using Protonmail, and doesn't use that address for anything else

vasipi4946 - 10 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 8 hours ago

11 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.