New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Apr 16, 2018 9:47 AM

Jul 2013
Blarey said:
less boring anime
less cgi animation
less half-assed/unfinished adaptations

Kinda ironic considering that the avatar and sig is from a unfinished adaptation

Now for what I want

1. Less unfinshed series- If you started something its only fair if you finished it.

2. Less "in your face" ecchi- I like ecchi but once it become in your face without any unique features (i.e Seven Mortal Sins and Masou Gauken) then you mind as well make it a hentai.
GalacticMagnaApr 16, 2018 9:53 AM

Apr 16, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2017
Doesn't matter. People will always complain no matter what.
Apr 16, 2018 10:05 AM

Oct 2016
RandomFacepalm said:
Production company investing money on very bad quality anime just to somehow increase more content.
Some of those anime are soooo bad that someone is litterally just putting some picture with very little movement and words thats it. I don't like seeing those. Everyone agrees with me.

Some of these anime are from novels/manga that everyone is really anticipating. Just for production reason. You go and create the worse possible anime ever. Since an anime has been done for that manga/novel. There is not a lot of chance for another come back for that anime to be done well.

So if you are a production company, and produce something that is the worst, please don't. Give it to someone else. Invest more money on making something better.
This so much, 100%.

Sucks when a lot of great stuff is on hold or absent while a lot of terrible garbage gets made all the time. JJBA season 5 onward anime not being made yet even though they're pretty much surefire successes especially part 7. Some shows like AoT taking a long time between seasons. One Punch Man season 2 confirmed but who knows when it's going to air? 2018? 2019 or later?
Apr 16, 2018 10:12 AM

Sep 2017
Less :

Dumbass MC's
Generic blank slate MC
Complete poker face no emotion (kuudere and others)
Violent woman for no reason "funny" trope
Ecchi

Absolutely do away with :
Lolis
james501Apr 16, 2018 11:01 AM
Apr 16, 2018 10:18 AM

Mar 2016
Tits... Fan service is starting to annoy me!
Apr 16, 2018 10:43 AM

Oct 2012
Imma say less incomplete adaptations. More full adaptations and originals
Apr 16, 2018 12:17 PM

Mar 2017
Let's see here...

-Imouto and loli can die in a fire. I'm not sure who decided that a female character being a family member/a child makes them more appealing as a love interest, but this trend needs to go away, or at least, leave the mainstream and slink back into niche obscurity where it belongs. The only exception I will make is for step-sibling love interests where the taboo of their relationship is actually used as a source of drama and the 'not blood siblings' label isn't simply slapped on like a band-aid to make everything okay.

-Characters committing sexual harassment/assault being seen as wacky and lovable. This has been around for waaaaaaay too long.

-While we're on the topic of gross and creepy shit, non-consensual portrayals of female sexuality. I do not need to see another woman forced to wear a skimpy outfit against her will, ever. I also do not need to see another idiot harem protagonist walk in on a naked lady by accident, or accidentally grope someone. Why is it that creators seem so terrified of women being willingly, openly and unabashedly sexual? Deliberate flirting is fun and sexy.

-Shonen protagonists who are ridiculously more powerful than everyone else in the series. Escapism is fine, but there's this weirdly narcissistic undertone to shonen where the protagonist is literally the only person who can make a difference. Give me Gon Freecs over Goku any day.

-Otaku protagonists who are merely otaku for self-insert reasons.

-Female character who fall in love with extremely boring and uninteresting male protagonists because the plot says so.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Everything... is connected." -Lain Iwakura

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

"Anime fans make me embarrassed to be an anime fan." -InkSpider
Apr 16, 2018 12:44 PM
Captain Eyepatch

Dec 2015
Shounen, isekai, incest loli and those shows that only rely on fanservice.

We need more good seinen, dementia, horror, police and vampire shows aswell.
Apr 16, 2018 2:01 PM

Jul 2015
bait thread but ok
bad isekai i guess

Well...
Apr 16, 2018 2:25 PM

Feb 2017
I dunno but i would love it if the harem and reverse-harem genre were less exploited in anime. It's bothersome.
A lot of interesting romance anime turned out boring cuz of a harem route. I hate that alot. That's unfortunate cuz romance is m fav genre, and most of the anime that is labelled as "romcoms" now, is just moe harem. :'(
" I and the public know What all schoolchildren learn,
Those to whom evil was done Do evil in return " W. H. Auden

Apr 16, 2018 2:32 PM
Feb 2018
james501 said:
Less :

Dumbass MC's
Generic blank slate MC
Complete poker face no emotion (kuudere and others)
Violent woman for no reason "funny" trope
Ecchi

Absolutely do away with :
Lolis

Whats the point of anime without Kuudere/Dandere loli Ecchi? Literally 3 of the 4 reasons a man of culture like myself gets out of bed in the morning.

Apr 16, 2018 2:57 PM

Jul 2017
Less harems. Less ecchi. Less action. Oh wait, that all sells.

Crying doesn't mean you're weak.
Enduring doesn't mean you're strong.
Apr 16, 2018 2:59 PM

Jan 2014
Danderes ( seriously why would anyone like a passive girl ? )

Mediocre Isekai.

Shoujo anime with beta as fuck female leads

Less moe shows

Less idol shows

Also this:

Deknijff said:
less fake incest Id say
I want real Brother x Sister stuff
not shit like adoption or that they're considered siblings because their parents are married
I know cousins technically count as incest but I still do feel annoyed when they pull that card to make it seem more ok
you have to go the full way
]

Apr 16, 2018 3:03 PM
Jun 2017
I don't want less of anything, even the anime I don't like
Just want more greatness really
a 1/7 ratio of good and trashes would be nice
Apr 16, 2018 3:11 PM

Oct 2016
less anime in general, someone please save those poor overworked animation slaves from their suffering
Apr 16, 2018 3:34 PM

Mar 2014
Anime needs less of the generic stories and characters that we've been getting thrown at us for many seasons.
Apr 18, 2018 10:25 PM

Feb 2017
Definitely, (and despite any complaint that I can receive) these are what anime doesn't need anymore:

-Erotic fanservice whose series aren't ecchi/unnecessary/attention-seeker
-Overused cute characters without definite or interesting personalities, just selling appearance
-Recycled-plot shonen series
-Recent isekai-themed series
-Cliche or stereotypical characters (e.g. tsundere, yandere, kuudere, etc.)
-Using absurd settings or themes to create pseudo "original" or "innovative" series like Love Kome, Miki no Mikoto, Uma Musume Pretty Derby, etc.
We are EVERYWHERE...
Apr 19, 2018 6:22 AM

Sep 2017
InkSpider said:
Let's see here...

-Imouto and loli can die in a fire. I'm not sure who decided that a female character being a family member/a child makes them more appealing as a love interest, but this trend needs to go away, or at least, leave the mainstream and slink back into niche obscurity where it belongs. The only exception I will make is for step-sibling love interests where the taboo of their relationship is actually used as a source of drama and the 'not blood siblings' label isn't simply slapped on like a band-aid to make everything okay.

-Characters committing sexual harassment/assault being seen as wacky and lovable. This has been around for waaaaaaay too long.

-While we're on the topic of gross and creepy shit, non-consensual portrayals of female sexuality. I do not need to see another woman forced to wear a skimpy outfit against her will, ever. I also do not need to see another idiot harem protagonist walk in on a naked lady by accident, or accidentally grope someone. Why is it that creators seem so terrified of women being willingly, openly and unabashedly sexual? Deliberate flirting is fun and sexy.

-Shonen protagonists who are ridiculously more powerful than everyone else in the series. Escapism is fine, but there's this weirdly narcissistic undertone to shonen where the protagonist is literally the only person who can make a difference. Give me Gon Freecs over Goku any day.

-Female character who fall in love with extremely boring and uninteresting male protagonists because the plot says so.

Yes, all of this.

As for "otaku"... It is fine to have a nerdy or geeky protagonist. All of us are geeks after all since we watch anime.
But dont make "nerd" his whole identity.

Because they literally are all the same losers average at everything.

-average looking
-average grades
-NEET
-virgin
-loses mind over talkingto women
-absolutely no interest in anything but otaku stuff. No sports, no music, no hobbies, no books.

It is insutling pandering
Apr 19, 2018 6:45 AM

Jul 2014
Puny/tiny/small fry/coward/edgy MC male that ends up being strong without effort or getting a harem for no fucking reason besides their only redeeming factor being *NICE*.
Apr 19, 2018 3:12 PM

Mar 2017
james501 said:
InkSpider said:
Let's see here...

Yes, all of this.

As for "otaku"... It is fine to have a nerdy or geeky protagonist. All of us are geeks after all since we watch anime.

-average looking
-average grades
-NEET
-virgin
-absolutely no interest in anything but otaku stuff. No sports, no music, no hobbies, no books.

If you want to see Otaku protagonists done right, check out Welcome to the NHL and Watamote. Neither portrayal glorifies otakuism, and both protagonists have otakuism as a major part of their psyche, something their characters are built around rather than something that's simply slapped on to make them more marketable to Otakus.

They also both have excellent music and dubs.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

"Life is too short to watch bad anime. Long Live the 1st Episode Drop." -InkSpider

Apr 19, 2018 3:14 PM

Feb 2010
InkSpider said:
james501 said:

Yes, all of this.

-average looking
-average grades
-NEET
-virgin

If you want to see Otaku protagonists done right, check out Welcome to the NHL and Watamote. Neither portrayal glorifies otakuism, and both protagonists have otakuism as a major part of their psyche, something their characters are built around rather than something that's simply slapped on to make them more marketable to Otakus.

So basically involving Otaku/Nerds is only acceptable or 'done right' if you showcase them as suffering from severe mental issues? That's a depressing outlook to have on what essentially means nothing more than being very enthusiastic about your hobby/hobbies.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 19, 2018 4:09 PM

Mar 2017
Pullman said:
InkSpider said:

So basically involving Otaku/Nerds is only acceptable or 'done right' if you showcase them as suffering from severe mental issues? That's a depressing outlook to have on what essentially means nothing more than being very enthusiastic about your hobby/hobbies.

Oh, I never said those shows were the only way to portray an Otakus well. They're simply the only good ones I've seen so far.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Yu in Watamote is also a huge anime fan, and is perfectly socially functional.
InkSpiderApr 19, 2018 4:13 PM
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

Apr 19, 2018 4:28 PM
Jul 2018
InkSpider said:
Pullman said:

Oh, I never said those shows were the only way to portray an Otakus well. They're simply the only good ones I've seen so far.

EDIT: It's also worth noting that Yu in Watamote is also a huge anime fan, and is perfectly socially functional.

Yeah, you can basically portray otaku both as an issue that takes most of a person's life, like ReLIFE portrayed to some extent, or just as a hobby taken a bit too far, like in Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, for an example. The main issue comes from trying to glorify what's basically kind of a problem.
Apr 19, 2018 4:32 PM

Mar 2017
doodleofsteiner said:
InkSpider said:

Yeah, you can basically portray otaku both as an issue that takes most of a person's life, like ReLIFE portrayed to some extent, or just as a hobby taken a bit too far, like in Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, for an example. The main issue comes from trying to glorify what's basically kind of a problem.

This. Ultimate Otakus Teacher is probably the worst example of glorifying anti-social Otakuism I've seen.
"Bang." -Spike Spiegal

Apr 19, 2018 4:54 PM
Jul 2018
Being an otaku is nothing to be proud of.

It's not being passionate about your hobby, or everyone here would potentially be otaku.
It's about being so obsessed with it that it literally becomes harmful to you, and possibly those around you.

I absolutely hate seeing it glorified. But then I remember that those guys actually buy the damn BDs, so I can't really blame anyone for it.
Apr 20, 2018 6:01 AM

Sep 2017
InkSpider said:
james501 said:

Yes, all of this.

-average looking
-average grades
-NEET
-virgin

Oh I have seen them.

It is nice seeing them adressing the issue but at the same time they are kinda depressing because of that.

What I meant was that it is fine to have a protagonist who likes nerdy stuff, but does not make "nerdom" his whole identity.

Doesnt base his entire personality, dialogue and likes around nerdy things or is an insufferable,possessive "nice guy" with a blank slate personality.

EDIT : Oh what about Log Horizon ? All those chracters are nerds since they play mmo's after all but most of them had a social life and a job so I think they were kinda socially functional.
james501Apr 20, 2018 6:04 AM
Apr 20, 2018 6:32 AM
May 2015
Characters has to be more realistic thoughts, even in seinen's we are watching gore things with shounen characters...
Apr 20, 2018 6:37 AM
Jul 2018
Less boring seinen/battle shonen and more isekai and ecchi.
Apr 20, 2018 6:47 AM

Nov 2009
Also less self insert MC, incest, ecchi, fanservice,harem which are all garbage crap.
VyzassApr 20, 2018 6:51 AM
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 20, 2018 7:11 AM

Sep 2014
less adaptations, more originals
or at the very least, adaptations that cover most/all of the story instead of the first arc or two

less stupid shit and shorts, mobile game adapted anime and other low effort crap that barely works as a commercial

less game-like worlds
isekai can be fine tbh but the moment game mechanics, inventory and shit like that appears it goes total trash
ESPECIALLy if it's never really respected and everyone plays by the rules but mc is pretty much a cheater

tingo_ said:
Less Darling in the FranXX fans/psychopaths

if anything we need less fucking memelords that go out of their way to bring up their 'cuck in the franxx' and other meme bullshit everywhere on the boards
the fans are nowhere near as loud or obnoxious

-Stray said:
Puny/tiny/small fry/coward/edgy MC male that ends up being strong without effort or getting a harem for no fucking reason besides their only redeeming factor being *NICE*.

and what is a good reason to have a fucking harem, lmao. there isn't one and tbh it's not needed

of course, most harem mc are boring and have no personality but that's not okay regardless of them having harem or not

ImaishiApr 20, 2018 7:16 AM
Apr 20, 2018 8:25 AM
Apr 2018
Looks like some people dont knows read or answer a fucking stupid personal question.
In my opinion
CGI. Es horribly disgusting
Apr 20, 2018 8:55 AM

Mar 2012
- Fujo-baiting/fujo-pandering/fan-service
- Tsunderes and unhealthy relationships
- Wimpy authors who say one thing and write another and excessively pander to certain fans and ships
Apr 20, 2018 1:00 PM

May 2016
What does anime need less of? Amateur reviewers.
Apr 20, 2018 2:34 PM

Mar 2017
Pedo bullshit
Perversion

Why pedophilia is rampant in anime is honestly beyond me.
Apr 20, 2018 2:45 PM

Jan 2012
Oppai.

Anime needs less cow tits and more DFC.
Apr 20, 2018 3:58 PM

Apr 2018
- Incomplete/Crap adaptations. Quality over quantity please then we'll get less complaining -> less toxic communities
- Anime per season. Refer to above
- Bad fanservice. Tits/lolis/traps are fine but they're getting pretty repetitive. Also, non-ecchi series should try to stay away from ecchi scenes unless needed (which usually will never be the case)
- Fillers. Hiatuses are better than getting crap
Apr 20, 2018 7:47 PM

Jan 2018
Anime all together needs less fanservice.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9068 by animeboilolz »»
12 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

91 by Zarutaku »»
26 minutes ago

» Characters you like but everyone else hates.

Spunkert - May 17, 2023

48 by Styx_Thistle »»
27 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 12 hours ago

24 by Spunkert »»
29 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

15 by Spunkert »»
33 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.