Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Grancrest Senki Episode 14 Discussion

Apr 13, 2018 8:24 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, Theo does manage to get his uprising going with people supporting the cause.

However, it seems Theo has a big target on his back now too with various characters going after his life. The episode also features a big battle with the two sides being enhanced by powers. Thought that added a bit of thrill to the episode.

That black haired witch also shows what she's capable of and I have to admit, her powers are a bit scary. Seeing Theo kick some ass this episode was a sight to see in some ways.

Apr 13, 2018 9:58 AM

Pretty decent episode with three fights happening at once. That black haired witch is just really cringy. Irvin won, but almost died from the poison. It's not his time to die. Theo managed to defeat that guy and gained more support.

Apr 13, 2018 10:05 AM
I kinda expect a bigger arc than this but at least this episode has a happy stop, before a long final war.

PS. Dorni Rossini is hot! Pretty shame that he died, he's like an evil, less skill version of Lassic
Modified by phantomfandom, Apr 13, 2018 10:13 AM

Apr 13, 2018 10:10 AM
Shingster

The new opening and the visuals really mesh pretty well. Theo's victory last episode sure made things interesting in the region. The Illustration for the fight between the two sure was nice. The contrast between Theo's battle and the battle against the witch/assassin sure was interesting. That battle sure was an interesting one and Theo's opponent this time at least fought properly. Hmm well the last son sure is more intelligent than his brothers though. With him serving Theo now hopefully things on the island will change for the better. An excellent episode that at last realised Theo's dream of taking back the island.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 13, 2018 10:28 AM
What was up with Aisha? She looked upset when Siluca told her to get the Black Witch.

I'm looking forward to see the looks on everyone's face when Theo get's back. And Milza hears what happened. It's going to be fun, the next few episodes!

Apr 13, 2018 10:34 AM

A good episode especially that comet esque scene between the two.
And is it just me or the priest gril looks posses when she heal the guy
but anyways Theo being badass eii

Apr 13, 2018 10:36 AM
Acid flashback

Theo becoming more and more determined every episode. The was he took out the elder Rossini was ruthless too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 13, 2018 10:54 AM
I'm finally slowly enjoying this show.

Good action and I'm liking Theo even more as each episode passes. I hated him at first but now, he seems like a cool dude.

Apr 13, 2018 11:17 AM

THAT PROFESSIONAL asslicking at the end........ triggered me way too much. I stopped about 3-4 times during their conversation for 1-2 minutes each time, phew the episode is finally over at least.
"I changed my way of thinking after meeting you Theo-sama" pffft go kill yourself >_< to think we'd be seeing that clown for longer.

Apr 13, 2018 11:21 AM
Cringefest show...

Apr 13, 2018 11:36 AM

The ridiculousness of the negotiation at the end of the episode is just ugh...

Apr 13, 2018 11:52 AM

Good episode though the war was short.

So did this Rossini guy stay loyal to Theo?Anyone who read the VN knows that?

Apr 13, 2018 1:16 PM

Sir Theo has finally liberated Sistina, the one thing he sworn he wanted to accomplish. Those negotiations at the end though, meh it's why I don't like political stuff.

The way Siluca countered that Black Witch's spell was cool.
These girls are BEYOND precious!

Apr 13, 2018 2:48 PM

Compared to last's week episode this one was better.
The fighting between the two rivals had some interesting fights. Theo is a clever man in battle and in words. He got a step closer to his objective but from now he will become a big target.
That witch desperate last shot tho, at least she tried. What I didn't like is that Theo's army didnt suffer any major/minor casualties.
The way Dorni died was brutal damn.

Apr 13, 2018 3:47 PM
Well, they did it. The heroes actually liberated Sistina. I thought this story arc would get stretched over a few more episodes, but I'm surprised they ended it this way. Still, the series could explore the fallout in future episodes. It's good to see Theo kick ass in the battlefield as well as reach a compromise with his enemies to prevent further bloodshed. Overall, Theo is shaping up to be a pretty good protagonist and this arc benefitted his character development in a big way.

Apr 13, 2018 4:59 PM

That ending at least two Rossini died and prevent some bloodshed of fellow Sistina army for Theo's future expedition.

Apr 13, 2018 7:44 PM

RIP Rossini horse-san. Special Week will become the best horse girl and will avenge you...wait wrong anime.
Modified by misterkafuuchino, Apr 13, 2018 10:00 PM
Not sure which is more cancerous...The Facebook comment sections or MAL anime reviews.

Apr 13, 2018 9:41 PM
Nice fight scenes from Lord Theo and group against the rossini's, witch and assasin. It just show how their group really is a strong one...

Apr 13, 2018 11:17 PM
this episode feels a bit too fast for me

not that it's bad tho

Apr 14, 2018 12:10 AM
The negotiations in the end reminded me when Siluca tried to negotiate Theos surrender to the alliance back in episode 4 and the alliance demanded only Theos head and Theos side said they'll die before they give him up and now Theo wants the head of the Father Rossini who are very much accepting of their fate while Theos side did not accept the alliance demand oh and also the negotiations in episode 12 Theo would accept the surrender of others but would not surrender himself even if it means less bloodshed and were suppose to think hes the less violent one

Apr 14, 2018 12:32 AM

there's definitely something wrong with Aisha.. she's been acting really strange in the last few eps.. and her appearance in the ED also suggests something bad is gonna happen...
anyways.. besides the negotiations part.. everything was great.. and that witch and Silluca fight reminded me of Naruto 9 tail was Pain.. bad animation...

Apr 14, 2018 11:18 AM

It's so tiring to watch this. It's like someone took Game Of Thrones, took out all the talent, threw in some D-List animation and some crappy K Drama and blended it all together.

Apr 14, 2018 11:19 AM

Anyone remember the flow animation for some of the fights in Fate/Apocrypha? With few exceptions, it seemed to like, completely disregard the surroundings for the sake of blowing the flashiness out of proportions - it was too much, IMO.

I like how it was used here though, as it managed to keep it "real"(Grandcrest Senki's version of real that is) while making it flashy. The flow animation actually fit really well when the witch was flying at high speed chanting her red comet spell thingy, as was Siluca's counter with her own version of it - it added impact to it, which seemed necessary anyway to stop the witch's and her surroundings didn't just warp and become a blurr to the point where you wonder in what dimension she ended up(that's how I felt during Karna's & Sieg's fight). Looks like you can be artistic enough while keeping it "real".

Apr 14, 2018 12:55 PM
Whoa, a new opening theme, and it looks like Theo has what is left of Slavador's Army. the Sistina arc is over.

Apr 14, 2018 4:17 PM

Well... that didn't take long.

Not sure about the animation style during Siluca's big flashy counter attack...

Apr 14, 2018 5:05 PM

I have found the series more enjoyable again* recently that little intermittent couple of eps were bleh but heres hoping the stretch finale were about to go into remains good (as I assume this will cover all source material or at aleast the main source material).

As note to what someone else said Aishela looked.. hesitant ? If t hat fits to go after the downed witch when Siluca called for her to go do so. I wonder why.

Apr 14, 2018 5:17 PM

Yautja said:
It's so tiring to watch this. It's like someone took Game Of Thrones, took out all the talent, threw in some D-List animation and some crappy K Drama and blended it all together.

Seriously,you're comparing this to GoT?
This is wayyyyyyyy better that that pile of crap Game Of Thrones.
At least its characters are likeable,better OP and ED music(at least it was,prefered the original op/ed's),and a much better storyline than GoT.
Not really having a go,thats my personal opinion(though undoubtably the GoT fans will take it as a slight to their honor,etc,etc,yada yada) ;)

Apr 14, 2018 6:00 PM

Last few episodes have been good, mostly because we're seeing a lot less rapid scene-shifting and other issues with narrative. It was a reasonable enough progression too: first Rosini son was careless and died on Theo's home turf, second one was killed despite being fully prepared because of popular resistance taking shape, and at that point there was no need to show another battle.

The only weird bit was how Theo was willing to accept Juzel's surrender on the basis that some people still want to serve under the Rosini family. Like, who? The nobles who've probably taken advantage of the people? Why should Juzel, who has absolutely been complicit in the oppression of the people, be allowed to control any part of that island? Anyway, I felt like there was a bit of a hurry to whitewash Juzel to pave his way toward being a vassal of Theo's. But otherwise it was a good campaign. Especially that part where Siluca absolutely destroyed the black witch.

Apr 15, 2018 5:33 AM
Getting to see Theo's prowess on the battle field is always nice. Siluca vs the black witch was animated really nicely... was expecting something a bit bigger from that but I suppose you can't have everything.

Seems that it really didn't take too long for Theo's uprising to actually kick off after he killed Salvador.

Hopefully this proves to the Lords of the Union fighting to avenge Alturik that Theo is a capable leader and thus they will let him lead instead of Lassic.

Apr 15, 2018 6:59 AM

Best episode until now. Theo is growing up.

Yorindesarin said:
Getting to see Theo's prowess on the battle field is always nice. Siluca vs the black witch was animated really nicely... was expecting something a bit bigger from that but I suppose you can't have everything.

Seems that it really didn't take too long for Theo's uprising to actually kick off after he killed Salvador.

Hopefully this proves to the Lords of the Union fighting to avenge Alturik that Theo is a capable leader and thus they will let him lead instead of Lassic.

Yeah. I hope so. Theo has proven yourself now. Siluca,too. That attack was nice.

Apr 15, 2018 7:03 AM

AAAnnnd Theo still continues to dominate the lower factions huh...
4/5.

Apr 15, 2018 7:15 AM
Aeoness said:
Best episode until now. Theo is growing up.

Yeah. I hope so. Theo has proven yourself now. Siluca,too. That attack was nice.

Up until this point aside from the first few episodes, Theo hasn't really done alot other than politcal manauvering etc. So it's definitely nice to see him taking the helm again...

Apr 15, 2018 6:28 PM

Finally, after the first episodes, he is back at being a lord.
I enjoyed the return and reconquer of his homeland but i think it was a little bit too fast and too easy, i don't know how it was in the LN but at that what it seemed to me.
Oh and btw, glad that the Assassin survived.

Ok, just found out that the LN finished last month (March), so i think it makes sense now why they are rushing so much. They want to end this in 24 episodes. I know it's kinda too much, 24 episodes for 10 volumes, but i am still enjoying it a lot!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 16, 2018 5:39 PM

What is this? c'mon ^
well that animation during the witch's attack was clearly one of the animators from Fate/Apocrypha now i just need to find out which one with how this show is normally animated it just came out of no where and while it looked quite flashy it seemed sorta like a waste to use it there.

and those end negotiations...did not have the most pleasant face on during watching most of that..

Apr 16, 2018 7:43 PM

Looks like the animators from Fate/Apocrypha came into this episode as well-- loved the animation (^_^)
I had a feeling the youngest Rossini was the "good son"-- hopefully he stays that way and develop a friendship with Theo
Modified by Kilikclia, Apr 16, 2018 8:02 PM

Apr 17, 2018 12:03 AM

Yautja said:

Game of Thrones have no talent so what we can remove for having Grancrest ?
Anyways, was a basic episode.
Nothing good, nothing bad.

Apr 17, 2018 6:26 AM
Cool action sequences. Love the assassin's fight, that speed & out maneuvering each other.
Witch is derp but great crazy faces, the free flowing posing dynamics with Siluca adeptly countering.

Apr 17, 2018 7:15 AM

Well well, was this end of this Black Witch? but why is Aishela worried or awkward when arresting her?

Well, Phederico is looking like good father at least to his Sons, Mourning them when they die, only shit father would not mourn....but he and his last son were somewhat trying to find new way to rule at the begin? well after all these generations of abuse...like hell that was going to be accepted...revolt would have started earlier if they try that...

Priscilla...those Eyes of her before she healed Irwin...was she in control of her own mind? or was she puppet of something or someone?

So Sistina has been liberated. Was actually worried that Theo would slaughter Remaining Rossini family without Mercy and for revenge....but got last son as follower.....wonder how he will affect to future of this series...at least in Sistina he will not get off easy.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))

Apr 19, 2018 6:29 PM
this anime si interesting, there is romance, drama and fantasy

Apr 27, 2018 2:46 AM

Again, one more time, the events passed very quickly!!! The battle was poor, the fights and the strategies were horrible, even the personal duels, that ended without surprise!!!

Well, Theo is the new "Boss" of the island, and the Rossini boy will be a subaltern!!!
Party? noooooo, possible in the next episode, and it was regrettable!!! The next time Theo need to call Luffy to organize a great party!!! lol

Hello, my litte boy!

May 18, 2018 1:41 AM

Wow.. And the animation of Siluca while casting that spell looks superb

Nov 4, 2018 1:23 AM

Dat vomit face.
Theo, you horse killer!
Irvin is dead?
Fang over Fang!
Damn! Theo made it rain!
Dat animation change.
Theo defeated the Rossini's.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).