Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode was relaxing until Dakki shows up in a segment. Of course she has to use her manipulative tactics to get what she wants as usual...

Taikoubou is starting to impress me more and more in this series although I think he has yet to unlock his true potential. It's neat to see him figure out Yozen's trick though.
Stark700Apr 13, 2018 8:07 AM
Apr 13, 2018 9:48 AM

Nov 2009
That was a glorified recap, bloody hell.
Apr 13, 2018 11:53 AM

Mar 2010
I can't motherfucking believe they made the biggest plot-twist of the whole manga to be sort of revealed in a recap episode...

No, really, this revolts me in so many levels I can't even begin to describe how the hell they made such a good twist looks like the most whatever thing ever.

This anime is like my weekly dose of torture of seeing one of my favorite manga getting butchered this way.
Apr 13, 2018 2:23 PM
Oct 2012
+1
I can't motherfucking believe they made the biggest plot-twist of the whole manga to be sort of revealed in a recap episode...

No, really, this revolts me in so many levels I can't even begin to describe how the hell they made such a good twist looks like the most whatever thing ever.

This anime is like my weekly dose of torture of seeing one of my favorite manga getting butchered this way.
Apr 13, 2018 10:15 PM

Oct 2012
wd_nintakun said:

What's the twist? I wasn't paying complete attention because there was so much recap plus the episode direction went back to the awful all-over-the-place disjointed storytelling from the beginning of the series.
Apr 13, 2018 11:22 PM

Oct 2008
Did I heared VA Maaya Sakamoto??
it was a nice flashback of Taikoubou's childhood past and the old sennin who adopted him!
4/5.

Apr 13, 2018 11:45 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
modboy said:
wd_nintakun said:

What's the twist? I wasn't paying complete attention because there was so much recap plus the episode direction went back to the awful all-over-the-place disjointed storytelling from the beginning of the series.

Taikobou and Ou Tenkun are split from the same soul.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Apr 14, 2018 5:04 AM

Oct 2012
wakka9ca said:
modboy said:

Thanks. Yeah, I think I caught that. @wakka9ca is right, it was presented in a rather casual manner.
Apr 14, 2018 11:06 PM

May 2017
modboy said:
wakka9ca said:

Thanks. Yeah, I think I caught that. @wakka9ca is right, it was presented in a rather casual manner.

Who's soul they're from? That I don't get
Apr 16, 2018 4:20 PM
Oct 2012
@TsundeReaper:
You aren't supposed to know it right now, also in the manga this whole Taikoubou/Ou Tenkun being split was kinda foreshadowed a little bit, here it was just thrown out of the blue so it had no impact and could have seem pretty random to the viewer, hopefully they don't throw the whose soul it is reveal without previous build up, because if they do it in a weird way (like they did in this episode) it's really, really gonna suck.
Apr 20, 2018 9:06 AM

Sep 2016
this is how you do a recap.
May 4, 2018 2:22 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The episode was a half recap and half-memories, interesting because help to understand a little more the general development!!!
Joka, a new powerful character appeared after the ED!!! Seemed how a E.T.!!!! lol

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hakyuu Houshin Engi Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

3 by Chaos-Zero »»
Jan 11, 10:47 PM

» How is this different from the 1999 series? Is it a remake?

Zen98 - Dec 19, 2022

0 by Zen98 »»
Dec 19, 2022 8:02 PM

Poll: » Hakyuu Houshin Engi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 12, 2018

86 by removed-user »»
Nov 5, 2020 4:44 AM

Poll: » Hakyuu Houshin Engi Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - May 18, 2018

8 by Konani »»
Apr 7, 2019 3:41 AM

Poll: » Hakyuu Houshin Engi Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 9, 2018

14 by Konani »»
Apr 6, 2019 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.