Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 13, 2018 5:04 PM

Sep 2016
-_CryingLying_- said:
Really funny, i had a lot of great times in this ep
I liked this scene a lot xD
hell yea awesome eps looking forward to more
Facta Non Verba
Apr 13, 2018 5:12 PM

Aug 2012
Hina broke Anzu's neck (I already saw it but it still made me laughed so hard :D
Apr 13, 2018 5:28 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Anzu is pretty good too. XD

This show is so much fun to watch, everything just works really well. The character dynamics, the random antics and straight man plays, the reactions and best of all are the black shadowed eyes. So good.

I felt bad for Hina's friend who had to put up with all the fun though. XD

The ED is fantastic.
Looking forward to next week.
Apr 13, 2018 5:38 PM

Aug 2008
fuckin hilarious episode.

Also, how can we add external links? The anime website isn't listed, but I found it.

http://hina-matsuri.net/
Apr 13, 2018 6:28 PM

Dec 2016
This show is great and Nitta has got to be best boy for this season. amirite or amirite?
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 13, 2018 6:51 PM

Feb 2016
wolfwing said:
This anime makes me think of Alice to Zouroku if alice ended up with a mafia guy instead of the gold man hehe.

Lmao, I know Right? I never saw it that way xDDDD
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 13, 2018 6:51 PM

Feb 2016
OMFG this is so hilarious XD this show is priceless.

Hina and her poor friend goes to a girl club... lmfao

By the time going, Nitta is going to get rekt with money luls
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 13, 2018 6:57 PM
Jan 2017
Best girl Anzu will finally get the love she deserves!!!

Also I can't wait for the reactions from the anime fandom to this show having some pretty lowkey disturbing subject matter...like hobo little girls.
Also², I was right that this anime will solve a major problem that the manga had, which was the lack of fluid facial expressions. It shows potential, especially on the "Battle" scene.
Also³, according to the OP, they'll probably adapt most of the manga aside for the most recent arc.

So far Hitomi's shtick is still funny,
Apr 13, 2018 7:15 PM

Jan 2017
Imma let you finish, but Hina deserves anime GIRL OF THE SEASON

Apr 13, 2018 7:40 PM

Jul 2015
Anzu had no chance in that 1v1, Hina too OP.

I love Nitta's reactions, he's so tired of this shit xDD

Really fun episode, everyone (best bartender Hitomi included) going to the girls club was great, I loved how everyone was so drunk Hina could just use her powers without anyone questioning it lmao.
Apr 13, 2018 7:47 PM

Jun 2015
What a fun weird thing.
Apr 13, 2018 8:04 PM

Mar 2012
I absolutely love the humor in this show, lol.
Apr 13, 2018 8:13 PM

May 2017
Frostbytes said:
bobzanny said:
Wow, Anzu once again stealing the show just like she did in the manga. Really impressed with this adaptation so far. Expressions have been on point and the voice actors have been top tier so far, hope this quality continues.

Between Saiki S2 in Winter/Spring, Hinamatsuri for Spring and Grand Blue for Summer this may be one of the best years for comedy in a while.

But we all know that it's Hitomi who steals the spotlight ;)

Anyway OT-just hope that they don't rush much, there are some really good chapters ahead. Hina feels like less of a brat here actually.

Yeah it's Hitomi for me too, people are hyping this Anzu girl but we'll see so far she's average, neither likable nor detestable right now
Apr 13, 2018 8:28 PM

Dec 2008
Hitomi is probably scarred for life!
Apr 13, 2018 8:50 PM

Jun 2015
I absolutely LOVE this series, it's adorable, heartwarming and super funny. Can't wait for episode 3!
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
My favorite anime: Sailor Moon, Noragami, Kamisama Kiss, Carole & Tuesday, HunterxHunter, & Little Witch Academia.
{~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~}
Apr 13, 2018 9:01 PM

Jun 2013
Whoo! The best girl (Anzu) appears now. Can't wait for her character development to be animated and Hitomi-chan, the girl who can't say no XD

That OP is good.
Kitan~!
Apr 13, 2018 9:42 PM
Oct 2017
I haven't read the manga yet but the anime is hilarious and I am really enjoying it so far.
Episode 2 where the best friend is dragged along in finding Nitto is amazing.
Apr 13, 2018 9:44 PM
Mar 2018
aww yeah, anzumatsuri is here
can't wait for the next ep
Apr 13, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2015
Frostbytes said:
bobzanny said:
Wow, Anzu once again stealing the show just like she did in the manga. Really impressed with this adaptation so far. Expressions have been on point and the voice actors have been top tier so far, hope this quality continues.

Between Saiki S2 in Winter/Spring, Hinamatsuri for Spring and Grand Blue for Summer this may be one of the best years for comedy in a while.

Anyway OT-just hope that they don't rush much, there are some really good chapters ahead. Hina feels like less of a brat here actually.

Please, Hitomi may have more high moments early on, but Anzu is best daughter. This is the truth that all show know by the end of this season.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 13, 2018 11:59 PM
Mar 2018
This is a fun series.

Hitomi playing bartender was funny and Hina swaggering up to that takoyaki stand was great too.
Apr 14, 2018 12:12 AM

Dec 2011
Another great episode and adaptation.
The best girl is finally here xD.
Anzu is one of the character that will get so much love and also Hotpmi start going to a really bigger path from here on but for now she is a Bartender.
Apr 14, 2018 2:03 AM

Sep 2016
easily the funniest anime ive seen since non non biyori and konosuba
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Apr 14, 2018 2:05 AM

Apr 2016
Best comedy so far.

Voice acting is on point for all characters.

Hina and Anzu together at the apartment were so cute. Everyone playing along with school-girl Hitomi doing the bartender was great.

I can't wait for next week.

"Aitaaa"
Apr 14, 2018 2:12 AM

Jun 2013
TsundeReaper said:
Frostbytes said:

Yeah it's Hitomi for me too, people are hyping this Anzu girl but we'll see so far she's average, neither likable nor detestable right now

Hitomi only got her career done because of little song's big time costumers
unlike Anzu who grows little by little through experience in life
. Even Nitta said that every father's utopia is in Anzu. I'm not hating anyone, I also love Hitomi-chan, but for me, Anzu is the best girl in this aspect.
Kitan~!
Apr 14, 2018 2:50 AM

Apr 2016
Legitimately a hilarious anime. So much things happened that made me laugh, and almost everything Hina says makes me at least chuckle. "Give him divine punishment." She really wanted to destroy him lmao.

I caught the feels a little when Anzu went homeless, and couldn't return back home but I'm glad that it looks like she will be a reoccurring character.

Also:

GIRLY CLUB! GIRLY CLUB!!
[
Apr 14, 2018 2:59 AM

May 2017
vicexxv said:
TsundeReaper said:

. Even Nitta said that every father's utopia is in Anzu. I'm not hating anyone, I also love Hitomi-chan, but for me, Anzu is the best girl in this aspect.

Character development doesn't always equate to best girl, Hitomi is that kind where she has little to nothing character development yet she's still best girl material, I guess because this show is comedy centered that Hitomi has more impact. Tho again, we'll see what happens if Anzu can changed my opinion on her
Apr 14, 2018 3:17 AM

Jul 2012
I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Its a solid 5/5 for me.
Apr 14, 2018 3:38 AM

Feb 2018
This show is sooooo retarded on almost every level, but I am laughing so hard at the idiocy, and enjoying it so much. :D
5/5
Apr 14, 2018 3:52 AM

Jan 2014
9/10 SO FAR, i have laugh non stop with this, can't wait for more
Apr 14, 2018 3:53 AM

Jan 2016
This show is getting better and better, definitely better than the first episode atleast. Love the comedy of this show and Anzu was pretty cute, even more cute than Hina imo
Apr 14, 2018 4:49 AM

Apr 2016
Pretty underrated on MAL.
Well that was a good episode and Anzu can't go home , thats mean we will see her again and at school also , becoz we saw in opening.
And Hitomi you are natural and youngest bar tender.
BRAWLERS
Apr 14, 2018 5:22 AM

Aug 2013
Great episode this might end up being my favorite anime of the season.
Apr 14, 2018 6:36 AM
Jul 2018
Damn hilarious and ridiculous, but very enjoyable.
Apr 14, 2018 6:38 AM

Jul 2015
Super powered little girl #2 , Anzu, makes her appearance. Also, shes the perfect example of why oversized clothes ARE JUST FANTASTIC. Hitomi joined in the second half, and she was pretty great too. Hina and Nitta were wonderful this episode as well. This anime gets better and better with every new character that appears. Also got a whole lot more "Ouchies" this episode, these gangs are dropping like flies.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 14, 2018 7:39 AM
Apr 2017
this episode was better than the last one and it got me to laugh so hard. this a 8/10 so far and possibly could be a masterpiece. no need to watch the third episode to see if i like it. imma watch and enjoy this until the end. it's a great season so far!

... also my mood anytime im at a party
Apr 14, 2018 7:48 AM
Apr 2018
Everybody talks about the girly club, but for me the funniest part is Nitta's face!

Apr 14, 2018 9:17 AM

Jun 2012
I laughed so much in this episode. Best.
Apr 14, 2018 10:11 AM

Jun 2013
TsundeReaper said:
vicexxv said:

Character development doesn't always equate to best girl, Hitomi is that kind where she has little to nothing character development yet she's still best girl material, I guess because this show is comedy centered that Hitomi has more impact. Tho again, we'll see what happens if Anzu can changed my opinion on her

Yep. Hitomi-chan got a lot of gags out in the series but you can't argue that Anzu got the best materials for that "daughter thing" because of her manners through her experiences in life. Not because this series is a comedic slice of life theme, character development was already pull out. It's slice of life for God's sake. We're not that dumb to understand what's going on in the series if you read the manga up to the last scanlated chapter. Why a lot saying that Anzu is the best girl? Read chapter 45 for you to understand what I'm trying to say here.
Kitan~!
Apr 14, 2018 10:31 AM

Jan 2015
this show is hilarious. surprised the heck out of me
Apr 14, 2018 10:37 AM

Jun 2016
I can't even choose my favorite fucking scene. Huhu. I wish Anzu will be back. I already love her. Huhu. Why is everyone in this show so lovable? That "fight scene" of Anzu and Hina. I've never laughed so fucking hard in a very long time. Ohmygod. Their faces. Bless this fucking show. Huhuhuhu.

I wish Nitta-san will adopt Anzu, too. Huhu. I hate seeing her cry. Haha. Come back, Anzu-chaaaan!

I think I have a crush on Utako-san now. She's so beautiful to me. ;3 Hina's friend, though. Hahaha. I caaaan't with this episode. Why is it so painfully funny that it made me scream so many times!?!?! Waaaah.

GIRLY CLUB! GIRLY CLUB! GIRLY CLUB! GIRLY CLUB! GIRLY CLUB!

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 14, 2018 11:14 AM

Feb 2017
I thought this is vonna have some moral value or something for us to learn, instead we got entertainment only, its good though, but i kinda disappointed.
Could be good if we get something, other tain the entertainment aspect.

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Apr 14, 2018 11:58 AM

Dec 2012
GIRLY CLUB!!!!!!

God bless that part with Hitomi LMFAO, the bartender scene was priceless can't stop laughing my ass off
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Apr 14, 2018 12:01 PM

Aug 2013
evoniee said:
I thought this is vonna have some moral value or something for us to learn, instead we got entertainment only, its good though, but i kinda disappointed.
Could be good if we get something, other tain the entertainment aspect.

Honestly almost every other anime would try to give some moral lesson and have Nitta get punished at the end, so it was quite refreshing not to have one for a change.
Apr 14, 2018 12:15 PM
Mar 2016
LOL in Utako's absences Hitomi becomes the bartender and she did it real good, looks like that partying has made Nitta broke.
Apr 14, 2018 12:50 PM

Sep 2017
Holy hell, this anime is so goofy. I can't believe they just had a kid serving at a bar and then they take them to a 'girly club' and no one even cares. Unreal. Interesting how this episode was kind of like 2 stories put together. Anyway I can tell this is gonna be a fun ride.
Apr 14, 2018 12:51 PM
Nov 2017
"Look that way!" Hina doesn't move. Ahah great.

Nitta ditching Hina to have fun and feeding her canned fish. How cruel.. I suppose his bank balance paid the price for that one! ahah.

Hitomi youngest barmaid ever.. Just casually learning how to pour drinks. And then going "I'm at a girly club" to her mum. Rofl.

Hina's reaction to having to live "frugally" "Uh oh". Priceless.
Apr 14, 2018 1:24 PM

Oct 2008
RobinTheKing said:
This show is getting better and better, definitely better than the first episode atleast. Love the comedy of this show and Anzu was pretty cute, even more cute than Hina imo

I don't think anything can beat that terminator reference, and what lead to it.
But this episode was great again.

Just as others, i already knew/suspected what was going to happen in the rock-paper-scissor match.
And i still laughed hard. And the way Nitta convinced Hina to play along, oh boy..

The art, especially the shadowed eyes and other expressions, the characters, the comedy.
This is just perfect for me.

Now i just need one with Seto no Hanayome style.
Apr 14, 2018 2:29 PM

Dec 2015
I am incredibly impressed by the expressiveness of the character animation. Great stuff.

This episode was even more enjoyable than the last one, as we get to see the more selfish and flawed side of Nitta's characters as well as his insecurities, while Hina plays more of the saintly role this time around.

I also dig this show's humor. Every joke hits the spot perfectly with great comedic timing and voice acting.

Greatly looking forward to next week.
"Anime is trash and so am I."
Apr 14, 2018 3:19 PM

Oct 2013
Hibikase said:
I am incredibly impressed by the expressiveness of the character animation. Great stuff.
Yeah, the show has the same animation staff as OreGairu Zoku namely Tetsuya Takeuchi and Ryo Araki, who are known for their gelatinous, nunaced and at times subtle character animation. It's a really good example how much good animation and presentation can elevate the source material. I mean, scenes like the rock-paper-scissors 1v1 wouldn't have been funny at all if they were ugly or boring stills. So I am really glad, that such a good manga is getting such a good adaptation.
Apr 14, 2018 4:41 PM

May 2011
the previous episode was way better, this episode was really boring, never even laughed once, really silly stuff, whatever... I'm dropping it if it doesn't get better
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 11 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Aug 8, 2018

41 by Rickiar »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RebelPanda - Aug 8, 2018

96 by FarCritical »»
Apr 12, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Best Gril? ( 1 2 )

Jhon_Bacon - May 16, 2018

64 by Animeistaken »»
Apr 12, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 10 Discussion

37 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:52 AM

Poll: » Hinamatsuri Episode 9 Discussion

38 by FarCritical »»
Apr 11, 10:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.