Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Poll: Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 13, 2018 5:25 AM

zo-zo said:
just 1 simple question. will it be dubbed? it needs good dub asap

This. I would really like a dub too. Dubs have a hard time doing moe considering the average VA's age, but they are fine with adults and more so in a business setting. Net-Juu got a broadcast dub but I don't see anything for this show. On a side note, I think this show dated itself pretty hilariously with the inclusion of a VR headset - considering the entire movement has been outed as a gimmick like the Wii and has under-performed at every level when compared to the business predictions of 2015 saying it would take over the world. Lel.
Modified by luigi-dude, Apr 13, 2018 5:31 AM

Apr 13, 2018 5:26 AM

I freaking love this. Their relationship isn't cute at all but they just match up so well lol! This season has been pretty great so far, maybe one of the best in the last few years. I was a bit skeptical about this but it's blown all my expectations out of the water! The confession was so cute... at the start till the last line. xD

Apr 13, 2018 5:31 AM

Effing. Flawless.

Great first episode, I'm 100% hyped.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Apr 13, 2018 5:48 AM

I loved.
I totally see my self in this anime XD

Apr 13, 2018 5:52 AM

How sweet. I love it.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield

Apr 13, 2018 6:05 AM

Cute episode. I would also like to impregnate Narumi.

Apr 13, 2018 6:20 AM
I wonder how they would do this adaptation of 4 panel manga! I see they pulled it off really well.
I liked so much this ep!

Apr 13, 2018 6:30 AM

I'll probably finish watching this for the sake of Hana-chan because of Miyukichi.

4/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)

Apr 13, 2018 6:58 AM

I LIKE THE OPENING. Anime itself was pretty great too, about what I expected so I'm happy here.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!

Apr 13, 2018 7:01 AM

Pretty cute. One of the better ones this season.

Apr 13, 2018 7:13 AM

Great first episode!
Also that Monster Hunter scene was nostalgic as hell, used to play this game 24/7
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 13, 2018 7:15 AM

So amazing! They dated right from the start and the development has jump-started from now itself! Love how cute Narumi is and Hirotaka isn't a slacker himself. His confession at the last scene was JUST what I expected from him!!!

Very close contender for AOTS along with Uma Musume. This won't be an easy battle but Wotaku has started off with a bang. 9/10. Couldn't give it lesser than that.

Also SUGITA TOMOKAZU VOICING KABAKURA. I KNEW HIS VOICE THE SECOND I HEARD IT!!! SQUEEEEEE
Modified by Yas-, Apr 13, 2018 8:28 AM

Apr 13, 2018 7:15 AM
luigi-dude said:

So seeing all these new shows with older protagonists around my age is actually very comforting. Sad to see Wotaku getting an abysmal short series length of 11 episodes, just like Net-Juu, but unlike Net-Juu the MCs here have apparently begun dating at the BEGINNING of the series instead of the end. Very wise decision.

Definitely like the recent trend with adult anime lately. Glad that anime producers are recognizing that we adult viewers have a place in anime and they are catering to us :)

This is definitely a warm-hearted romcom and it's been a while since I've watched a good romcom, so it's really refreshing :D

Apr 13, 2018 7:17 AM

First episode was actually pretty good ,very enjoyable I LIKE IT!!

Apr 13, 2018 7:44 AM

This anime is going to be great. Especially if they make a lot of legit anime references like they did in the first episode.

When Hanako found out Narumi was the 000-san I was done. Not only the little video game "boops" but when Narumi bit her lip so hard she was bleeding! ROFL So funny.

Then Narumi asking Hirotaka for help like a distressed Heroine only wanting to get a Ruby in a game lol. Classic stuff. Ill be keeping on this anime for sure.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Winter 2022 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 13, 2018 8:15 AM

Would be better if narumi was a virgin and not some bad boy chasing slut.

Apr 13, 2018 9:46 AM

I can't wait for Kabakura to admit that he's a Chris-chan Otaku. That tie is a dead giveaway! I haven't read the original web manga, but I kinda hope that's going to be the reveal.
There is no good and evil, there is only power and those too weak to see it.

Apr 13, 2018 10:12 AM

I heard many good things about the manga, but I didn't bother to read it actually.
I expected literally nothing, but it will end as one of my favs apparently.
Dub = fake crap. Always.

Apr 13, 2018 10:29 AM

Pretty enjoyable first episode I was laughing so hard especially to her facial expressions this is the second time this season Sugita is a soft spoken character. That Saekano movie poster lol.

Net-juu no Susume was still better though

Apr 13, 2018 11:12 AM
I love him playing monster hunter :> been playing world a little each day :> When I have time from anime.

Apr 13, 2018 11:46 AM

Too much cringe for a first episode. Dropped.

Apr 13, 2018 11:49 AM

Just watched the first episode of this series and wow... I definitely enjoyed this a lot. Love the characters of Narumi and Hirotaka and how things get going right off the bat at the end of the first episode. I can envision quite a bit of shenanigans ensuing with these two protagonists and the two other secondary characters (Hanako & Tarou). Otaku love is always a gold mine!

Apr 13, 2018 12:01 PM

Great. Very fun episode and otaku romance is always appreciated.

Apr 13, 2018 12:12 PM
Wait a fucking minute and 11 seconds! WTF is this 11 episode bullsquat???? Why!?!?

Apr 13, 2018 12:49 PM
Oh watta change of pace, a group of office otakus.

Apr 13, 2018 12:57 PM

Troll12345678966 said:
Wait a fucking minute and 11 seconds! WTF is this 11 episode bullsquat???? Why!?!?

All Noitamina shows have 11 or 22 episodes - it's just the way they air their shows.

Apr 13, 2018 1:07 PM
The Shrike

Liking this already. Quite a couple of series with adult characters this season. Nice.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 13, 2018 1:08 PM

...and he couldn't do all those things as a friend because... Seems this romance won't have much romance. I can already see him outing her by accident. Then again, the other characters seem to have relationships as well. Got to love a relationship that isn't purely physical. Well, the dude did say he didn't care if he was liked or not, so a couple who isn't attracted to each other should suffice if there's other benefits. I can see why people play the game, but I haven't really found a need to play myself.
Modified by Reload, Apr 13, 2018 1:17 PM
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)

Apr 13, 2018 1:36 PM

That was fun, i enjoyed it quite a bit. I like the main female VA, her voice reminds me a little of Natsumi Takamori.

Apr 13, 2018 1:41 PM

Saekano, Sengoku Basara, Monster Hunter, oh boy references as fucc. Man this is enjoyable. Finally, a show that has A-1 Pictures on the label that doesn't make me cringe horrifically.
Don't believe the hype.

Apr 13, 2018 2:10 PM

I found Hirotaka really attractive for some reason, i think i should question my sexuality

2 otaku adults drinking and gaming, must be living life.
Also that Saekano reference though
Yes No Maybe

Apr 13, 2018 3:07 PM

This is starting out good. I feel like Hirotaka should have added the deal breaker...maybe a couple seconds later and then have Narumi shoot in a reply without even processing everything, would have been funnier...after all she was the one spouting off all the 'your not my type' speech.

Apr 13, 2018 3:12 PM

I had a really fun time with this episode, most the jokes hit and had some genuine laughs, the chemistry between the leads is completely on point and the leads themselves are all pretty funny on their own, and the otaku stuff i was worried about was actually really well implemented into the show.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 13, 2018 4:00 PM
Miulruma said:
loved this first episode so much, that i ordered the first volume of the manga online, i hope the manga doesnt go downhill, im excited to get into it

question about the opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTz2wUs1m-4

at 0:25, it shows the green haired woman, and the orange haired guy, then it flashes and shows a green haired, and orange haired guy ? why is the woman being shown with a gender change, or are these different people, im so confused

It's Hanako Koyanagi cosplay bruh xD

Apr 13, 2018 5:40 PM
This... was surprisingly pretty good, great even. Enjoyed the humor, the story so far is good, as quite distinct feeling to it and solid characters.
It reminds me of Genshiken in a lot of ways. Expecting great thing from this.

Apr 13, 2018 5:47 PM

Hey, this was great. Love that fun OP.

Narumi's seiyuu is excellent. I don't really know her, but her voice is unique.
Guess this will be the romance of the season. God bless Noitamina. They've been doing great work lately.

Hanako is totally my type, btw. Big boobs, glasses, older woman. And she's voiced by the goddess that is Sawashiro Miyuki. I'm already in love.

Apr 13, 2018 6:56 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

straggy said:
Troll12345678966 said:

All Noitamina shows have 11 or 22 episodes - it's just the way they air their shows.

Most of the time yeah but not always. Just last season Koi wa Ameagari no You ni had 12 episodes instead of 11.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 13, 2018 9:35 PM
This is an interesting start. There are two things that made me wary though. The fact that he negged her right before asking her out ("your tits are tiny"). I guess I can see that he blurts that out of frustration at her being oblivious, but that's not cool man. And there was a moment in the previous scene where she was just talking about how she always dates jerks while she says something akin to "you are just my friend", which painfully reminded me of the toxic ideas that some guys (especially "nice" guys) have about women, about how they don't know what they want and are hopelessly dating attractive jerks instead of going out with "nice" people like them.

And you know, both of those things could be good story elements if they are actually treated as such, if there is some consequence, evolution, subversion or reflection on them and not just a blind application of thoughtless stereotypes as if they are universal truths. I hope it's not the latter.

Apr 13, 2018 9:53 PM

Pretty good episode. OP is nice and I found it pretty funny and enjoyable. Narumi's design reminds me of that girl from Hoshiiro Girl Drop

Shameless saekano movie advertising though xd

Apr 13, 2018 11:06 PM

LOL

this Anime got alot sponsor? beside A-1's Saekano(because they studio in work) Nintendo Switch, Monster Hunter and more coming to cameo

Apr 13, 2018 11:30 PM

As a manga reader of this one...
I am so happy to watch this series!!!!! THIS IS EVERYTHING I WISHED FOR
I CAN DIE HAPPILY NOW ;w;

THE OPENING SONG WAS TOO MUCH, ALL OF THEM ARE SO ADORABLE.. ESPECIALLY AT THE HAND DANCE THINGY PARTTTTTT GOSHHH ♥♥

PS: I also wish that I can find my own Hirotaka too LOL

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 13, 2018 11:33 PM

It's okay, I like the opening.

Apr 14, 2018 12:09 AM
That ending ... ,@_@

Apr 14, 2018 1:44 AM
First post from me . To be honest some of seasonal animes I don't need to talk about cuz they on fire like . Nanatsu & Tokyo ghoul etc..
And some with romance and slice of life animes didn't satisfy me
But for real I liked this series . It's kinda represent me in some ways . The first episode is smooth and loved how it goes and the character.. waiting for ep 2

Apr 14, 2018 2:51 AM
I laughed my ass off when narumi said "GODDAMMIT" LOL!

Apr 14, 2018 4:16 AM

Been waiting for this anime! Glad I waited this out :)

btw am I the only one who saw the Anohana reference in the beginning? Just me? ok.

Apr 14, 2018 5:33 AM

Mich666 said:
Chara-designs are ok but animation are bad, I mean BAD! The biggest problem is that their faces doesn't reflect emotions in their voice.

Guess it would take a lot getting used to this series... so let's hope it gets better.

This. Didn't feel anything after watching the episode. The directing and flow was boring af, it felt like a cut-and-paste plot.
~

Apr 14, 2018 6:47 AM
goddammit!! ~~~ poor cat, got disturbed while sleeping.

Apr 14, 2018 8:01 AM

i'm actually not a big fan of A-1 Pictures, but i will let this one pass..

Really liked Hirokata-san first impression for being an actual cool otaku
♿250♿KG♿BEAST♿COMING♿THROUGH

Apr 14, 2018 8:25 AM

I think I deserve a Hirotaka in my life.

Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store