Forum Settings
Forums

Is there a character that everyone found likable or sympathetic that you found the opposite?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 13, 2018 3:12 PM

Jan 2017
TheDiabolicEsper said:
ChaosEmblem said:

He's probably worthy for other people, just not to me, then again, it's only an opinion. XD
eh. wait can u check my comment again? i edited it. but it doesnt seem to be updated on ur quote

The only thing I see is: "but the fact he was able to use the geass to that extent. proves hes worth [authors writing in the end lul]". I don't think you edited it? I don't know.
Apr 13, 2018 3:14 PM

Apr 2016
Guts and Grifith from Berserk
Akane Tsunemori from Psycho Pass
Almost everyone from Konosuba (except Megumin)
Almost everyone from Madoka Magica (except Sayaka Miki)
Saitama from One Punch Man
Bakugo and Izuku from Boku No Hero Academia
Everyone from Prison School
Apr 13, 2018 3:19 PM

Apr 2018
Rem - shes shit
Emilia - shes shit too
Apr 13, 2018 3:26 PM

Jul 2017
Mikasa and Levi (shingeki no kyojin)
Apr 13, 2018 3:59 PM

May 2015
Supern0va101 said:
Zehennagel said:

the only character that I hated(or even actively disliked) was palm https://myanimelist.net/character/34054/Palm_Siberia?q=palm (well maybe there were exeptions but only for characters who received less than 3-4 minutes screentime)but what do you think is a "shitty" character in hxh? cause imo hxh is one of the series with the greatest characters in all of animes for my tastes at least

what do you mean standard? everybody has different taste "standard" is induvidual or very vague you can't define a standard for most people let alone everybody(in my opinion)

I like you way of thinking

Hunter x Hunter characters are overrated. Gon is trash, nothing about him is creative or good. Nothing about Leorio is good either, as far as I've seen. Kurapika is the only good one, yet he's still generic. The villains are lame as hell too. yu yu hakusho has better characters than hunter x hunter

Hunter x Hunter's characters are superior to Yu Yu Hakusho's .

Hunter x Hunter imo is basically a 2.0 of YuYu Hakusho, and everything is superior.
Gon isn't supposed to be a creative character, he's supposed to be this naive child that makes everything around him look more extreme. If you think about it, his reasoning to become a Hunter was delusional, and he had no idea what he was getting himself into and the horrors of the world around him. That's why when

I feel like it's unfair to judge Leorio, because he spent the majority of the series studying and becoming a doctor.
It's obvious that he was supposed to have much more development, but due to Togashi's back problems and lack of chapters it just hasn't been fully realised.

I also feel like Kurapika isn't that generic either. Sure the whole quest for revenge is, but the way is character is written isn't. He gets shit done:

There are a lot of revenge stories in storytelling, but I like Kurapika because he gets shit done and fast.

The only villains I consider 'lame' are The Bombers on Greed Island.
You can't tell me Hisoka, Illumi, Meruem and Chrollo are lame, they're so cool.
Apr 13, 2018 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
Botan-Chan45 said:
Bakugo was only the few characters in the series that interested me a lot. Deku is a crybaby bitch, Tadpole has daddy issues, and "Atleast Better than flash in Design and Character" was completely retarded. Also Sendo is best girl.

What about Todoroki or Momo? They're both strong, and likable. A lot of the villains are interesting characters as well, such as Himiko. I don't see anything interesting about Bakugou other than his design, and I don't see any personality in him, either.. He just bullies people and rages at everything the entire anime.
Apr 13, 2018 5:56 PM

May 2017
Entire cast of Kokoro Connect (Iwabe if i remember correcctly,so annoying)
SAO (MC is reason why i hate most of gaming kind of people)
Asassination Classroom (literally everyone)

Apr 13, 2018 6:02 PM

Dec 2017
M0M0I said:
Botan-Chan45 said:
Bakugo was only the few characters in the series that interested me a lot. Deku is a crybaby bitch, Tadpole has daddy issues, and "Atleast Better than flash in Design and Character" was completely retarded. Also Sendo is best girl.

What about Todoroki or Momo? They're both strong, and likable. A lot of the villains are interesting characters as well, such as Himiko. I don't see anything interesting about Bakugou other than his design, and I don't see any personality in him, either.. He just bullies people and rages at everything the entire anime.
Todoroki is daddy issues or Tadpole. Momo along with Sendo would make a hot yuri hentai. Villains? Please even Yuusuke or Kobishi from Hajime no Ippo are more creative than any villain in BnHA.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 13, 2018 6:06 PM

Dec 2017
GodLikesMudkips said:
Supern0va101 said:

Hunter x Hunter characters are overrated. Gon is trash, nothing about him is creative or good. Nothing about Leorio is good either, as far as I've seen. Kurapika is the only good one, yet he's still generic. The villains are lame as hell too. yu yu hakusho has better characters than hunter x hunter

Hunter x Hunter imo is basically a 2.0 of YuYu Hakusho, and everything is superior.
Gon isn't supposed to be a creative character, he's supposed to be this naive child that makes everything around him look more extreme. If you think about it, his reasoning to become a Hunter was delusional, and he had no idea what he was getting himself into and the horrors of the world around him. That's why when

I feel like it's unfair to judge Leorio, because he spent the majority of the series studying and becoming a doctor.
It's obvious that he was supposed to have much more development, but due to Togashi's back problems and lack of chapters it just hasn't been fully realised.

I also feel like Kurapika isn't that generic either. Sure the whole quest for revenge is, but the way is character is written isn't. He gets shit done:

There are a lot of revenge stories in storytelling, but I like Kurapika because he gets shit done and fast.

Nah fam. You gonna have to delete this before I rage about what you said. YYH IS WAY BETTER THAN HXH. EVEN THOUGH IVE LITERALLY ONLY SEEN ONE EPISODE OF HXH.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Apr 13, 2018 6:37 PM

May 2015
Botan-Chan45 said:
GodLikesMudkips said:

Nah fam. You gonna have to delete this before I rage about what you said. YYH IS WAY BETTER THAN HXH. EVEN THOUGH IVE LITERALLY ONLY SEEN ONE EPISODE OF HXH.

ahahah they're both amazing and both in my top 10 series for sure, but hxh is my favourite and better ;)
Apr 13, 2018 6:52 PM
May 2016
Yeah haruhi is pretty annoying
Jou from ashita no jou, he has one hell of personality. Can't stand him

Apr 13, 2018 7:28 PM
Jul 2018
Botan-Chan45 said:
Todoroki is daddy issues or Tadpole. Momo along with Sendo would make a hot yuri hentai. Villains? Please even Yuusuke or Kobishi from Hajime no Ippo are more creative than any villain in BnHA.

well i'm not talking about the quality of the story, or how well the characters are done, just how annoying i find bakugou but ok.
Apr 13, 2018 7:45 PM

May 2017
I forgot to list some xD
Netero, HunterxHunter
King Bradley,FMAB
Apr 13, 2018 8:16 PM

Jul 2016
Not really, but there is a character that i really like and want to be like

[ Golgo 13 ]

Pretty much my role model
Apr 14, 2018 12:02 AM

Jun 2013
Itsyutayuta said:
aiaisu said:

I dislike bakugou because he takes his "weaknesses" and hurts other people like the main character over and over again. i would never want somebody who preyed on weak people to be a hero

kinda shocked about asuka (im w u on bakugou though)
theres a good chunk of the anime that goes into her fragile ego and unstable psyche i found it hard not to feel bad for her.

I didn't get far enough in Evangelion to see more than one episode of Asuka, that's probably why.

Makes sense, esp if it wasnt your thing. Shes had it rough her confidence is a facade.
Ideals, philosophy, art, culture. They live and die for the meme. - Kamukura Izuru

Apr 14, 2018 12:28 AM
Dec 2017
One punch man -_- like srsly , he is too over rated
Apr 14, 2018 4:33 AM

Jul 2015
Sasuke
he ruined the entire series in muh opinion, he was ok during the first part but after the timeskip he became an OP little shit similar to a toddler having a temper tantrum
"waaaah, i hate my brother so i'm gonna kill him nao" "waaaaah, My brother actually never did anything wrong but i killed him anyways so i'm gonna kill everyone in konoha even though most of them weren't at fault"
He caused and got away with so much shit simply because he was a handsome emo boy and Kishi's husbando
"yeah...sorry"
I am so fucking mad
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Apr 14, 2018 7:28 AM
Jan 2018
VanVeleca said:
Sasuke
he ruined the entire series in muh opinion, he was ok during the first part but after the timeskip he became an OP little shit similar to a toddler having a temper tantrum
"waaaah, i hate my brother so i'm gonna kill him nao" "waaaaah, My brother actually never did anything wrong but i killed him anyways so i'm gonna kill everyone in konoha even though most of them weren't at fault"
He caused and got away with so much shit simply because he was a handsome emo boy and Kishi's husbando
"yeah...sorry"
I am so fucking mad

In all the uchihas+sharigan became such a pain in part 2.
Apr 15, 2018 12:50 PM

May 2013
- Erwin and Armin from SNK (I really don't know why I hate them, I just do, also ugly design @ armin)
- Maki from Love Live! (worst girl, I hate her design and personality, why is she so popular??)
- You Watanabe from Love Live! Sunshine!! (second worst girl, just ??? she's so boring, also ugly design)
- Otabek from YOI (he literally was in the anime for 2 eps and barely talked to 2 characters oh my god fans surely are thirsty)
- Izaya from DRRR (I used to love him when I was like 16 but now I can't even look at him, he's trash)
- Kurisu from Steins;Gate (the whole genius concept was good but uGH she was so empty and boring)
- Sayaka from Madoka (it used to be "cool" to dislike her but now everyone likes her for some reason, so, I guess she counts)
- All Characters from Angel Beats! they were so poorly written.

Apr 19, 2018 9:42 AM

Mar 2012
Wolfram von Bielefeld from Kyo Kara Maoh, I still don't get why the entire fandom goes crazy and gets very aggressive when it comes to this abusive bastard, oh wait, the fandom is mostly infested with fujos so it's not that big of a surprise.

Also every pretty looking tsundere who keeps on hitting the MC for no reason.
Apr 19, 2018 10:19 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I shouldn't underestimate the power of overpowered MCs. But I have to wonder why Ichigo and Natsu are so high up on the top 50 on this website. Their personalities are that of a saltine cracker of friendship.

iamsy said:
bakugou from boku no hero academia... the whole fandom loves him but i just cant stand him and his asshole attitude

Majority of his development is this season. Granted if you don't get his plight on why he's kind of a brat then you'll probably just find him annoying.
Apr 19, 2018 10:26 AM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
I didnt like JJ from Yuri on Ice. He was pretentious af but yet some people love him. I can't stand him.
Apr 20, 2018 11:58 PM

Mar 2018
Satania from Gabriels Dropout. On /r/animemes she treated like a princess, but she is just so cringy.
Apr 21, 2018 6:12 PM

Sep 2017
all shitty violent tsunderes that people tend to have as their "gf goal"
Apr 22, 2018 11:45 AM
Jul 2013
OfDeathandLove said:
mohammadabd said:

its not that people dont realize what a piece of shit he was in the war
its the purpose the reason behind these actions that makes me love him
he killed 1 mercilessly and that was a dick move with 0 honor
but that was because he believed in his purpose
if he had succeed and ended wars and human killings then people like those dying in syria would be alive all those who die from terrorist attacks and people tortured then raped and killed
if u put the total number of people dying from human violence then the life of one crippled man in of no worth
not to mention kayneth is a skilled magican who also can find loopholes if given time so letting him go would cause unpredictable elements to arise and if kamiya should fail that means that all the blood he had spilled would be for naught
taking 1% risk of letting millions die just to save 1 man or to fight honorably is bad it just looks good and forgiving but its in truth evil because if u take the same risk 100 times a million people would die so u can save a hundred and such actions only make the 99 idiots who made that evil choice seem like good people because they were weak and wanted to keep their own hands clean

The problem is that his ideology is inherently flawed. The Holy Grail takes advantage of this very fact:
OfLove111 said:

I mean, sure, if you want to follow it to that extreme, you do you, but I can't say I agree with nor do I feel comfortable with anyone who thinks that way.

you say his ideoligy is flased but fail to point out a flaw
as for the 500 people boat case it's been a while since i watched it but i remember that it wasnt either sacrifice 200 or risk 500 it was sacrifice 200 or let them fight and 500 die meaning that even if it u end up with 1 alive at the end its still better than letting them fight
also when making the decision to sacrifice or not u must think of future as well
sacrificing 1 to stop 1% danger for 99 people to die is irrational beacuse if u take that risk 100 times 99 will die and 100 will be saved
sacrificing 1 for 1% chance 1000000 people would die is justice as such choices dont come once and if u take the risk 100 times then 1000000 people will die so that 100 may live
the worst part about such decisions is that the stupid leaders who take such irrational risks are hailed as saviors for saving a single human being thus encouraging other leaders to act the same way causing tragedies
the reason why kiritsigu ended in tragedy is beacuse he failed
if he was able to obtain the grail without it being contaminated and able to stop the wars then he would have saved millions and millions of people
not to mention he didn't go slaughtering children for his cause he was in the middle of war and all the participants knew what they were getting into so there's no reason to feel any remorse for any of them
im not saying everyone should like him nor what he did was pretty but im saying you must understand that its not the one who keeps his own hands who is the savior and hero
and even if a person hands are stained in blood he can be as the one he killed saved many more people
its like the trolley dilemma anyone who doesnt pull the lever and kill the one person and lets the 5 die isnt righteous nor humane he is just weak only cares about appearances not about human lives
last but not least (theres more but i have to study) for the one who said he wants to live a world with no risk for him and his family thats just plain wrong he wanted to end human violence towards each other and realized this is a part of humans which is why to tried to achieve his goal by using the holy grail which can grant any wish also he ended up sacrificing his own wife and daughter beacuse so that he can achieve his goal so he didnt care about himself or how he himself felt he just did what he taught was righteous and saved the biggest number of people
KintarovirusxApr 22, 2018 11:51 AM
Apr 22, 2018 1:34 PM
Sep 2015
Yagami Light from Death Note After episode 25

Apr 22, 2018 9:37 PM
Sep 2011
youthful said:
Lol, why are Sasuke and Sakura being mentioned? I thought they are hated enough.

To be fair, this thread was a bit busted from the onset. Haruhi Suzumiya has TONS of haters. I get the love, and I get the hate.

For me, it would have to be Reinhard von Lohengramm from LoGH, or Kamina from TTGL. The difference is that I detest the former as a character, while a certain scene involving the latter has been over-hyped to the point that it's lost its power entirely.
Apr 22, 2018 9:40 PM

Mar 2016
almawade said:
Or vice versa, I'm not sure how many fans haruhi suzamiya has or had but I always found her unlikable and not sure how anyone could like her or at least pre development.
haruhi's always been a polarizing character so she doesn't fit this thread that well
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 22, 2018 9:51 PM

Jan 2015
There's a character everyone finds unlikable that I find likable and sympathetic. Joshu Higashikata. He's pretty much fucking Jonathan Joestar when it comes to his situation.
Apr 22, 2018 9:59 PM

Apr 2013
L from Death Note, I don’t know why but I don’t like him, I feel he was an one dimensional character. But at least I liked how he ended in the serie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 8, 2018 3:39 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Sinbad from magi - every other male character in said series > shit > trash > vomit >>>>>>>>> Sinbad
Haruhi Suzumiya - repulsive
Bakugo - same as above
Hisoka - he's a goddamn pedoclown with rapist vibeS
Akutagawa - has the mentality of a middle school-aged anime girl who's desperate for senpai to notice her
The entire cast of Steins Gate save for Kurisu
Oh yeah, and Kuroko from Railgun, she's repulsive too.
LeonhartAugustMay 8, 2018 3:54 PM
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Best Russian in anime

Catalano - Yesterday

25 by Morphun »»
2 minutes ago

» Character explaining their own power to opponent is stupid, why do they do that?

Rinrinka - 2 minutes ago

0 by Rinrinka »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 11 hours ago

40 by Rhaelynne »»
3 minutes ago

» What anime do a lot of people consider to be one of the greatest that you think is just good? ( 1 2 )

arinthach - Yesterday

56 by Morphun »»
5 minutes ago

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 2 hours ago

17 by rohan121 »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.