Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty meh episode. It features a group of main cast (butlers in this case) but they all look very similar without anything going too special about them.

In the meantime, the episode featured a cafe and a lot of character dialogues between characters. There's also some female characters but they'll probably be in minor roles.

Apr 11, 2018 11:38 AM

Jun 2015
This was an okay first episode. Some characters are introduced, but they're nothing special. Apparently something happened to J's sister and confronted Hayakawa about her. He doesn't seem to know anything.
Apr 11, 2018 12:08 PM

Feb 2017
Can we appreciate Ren's voice for a moment? He's voiced by Mitsuki Saiga, female, but sounds so male I can nothing but admire his voice actress.

Oh God, what a good first episode! This is totally what I like - comedy but with drama, good looking, likeable characters, nice music, wonderful voice actors. I want to rate it 10 already but it's a bit too soon. I can't wait for the next episode. I'm deeply in love with this anime already and I hope it's not going to turn bad!

There's just one thing I dislike. If it's "Butlers", why's there no Daisuke Ono in cast?
Apr 11, 2018 12:20 PM
Feb 2012
Just watched it, great voice cast but extremely boring execution with equally extremely boring visual aspects. Nil Admirari has better looking boys and everything.

We have your typical bishies:
dark hair moody low budget Yana Toboso guy
lazy trickster blondie
witty ponytail guy
ultra gay shota boy
effeminate long hair sass master

yes you have seen these bishes thousands of times

lame drama and he'll keep whining about his sister forever
Apr 11, 2018 12:33 PM

Apr 2012
OH MY GOD so many bishies. These ships sail themselves!! And the story is also pretty interesting so far, I'm actually surprised.
Apr 11, 2018 1:19 PM
Jul 2018
Damn.

I don't know if I like "J", or Haruto, or Ren, or Daichi "Holmes" more. They're all so good-looking!

Alas, the premise/story/plot seems interesting for the most part, so I'm gonna keep watching it. ^^;;
Apr 11, 2018 1:45 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
annelora said:
Can we appreciate Ren's voice for a moment? He's voiced by Mitsuki Saiga, female, but sounds so male I can nothing but admire his voice actress.
Saiga Mitsuki often plays princely-type (male) charas in otomeland. I started recognizing her after Ashita no Nadja, and she's one of my too many favourites. Not sure if you're aware, but she also played the younger brother in Inaba, if you can recall his voice (since you seem rather fond of it).

annelora said:
There's just one thing I dislike. If it's "Butlers", why's there no Daisuke Ono in cast?
I think this is the beginning of a possibly beautiful friendship.

RedKitten13 said:
I don't know if I like "J", or Haruto, or Ren, or Daichi "Holmes" more. They're all so good-looking!
Agree with all, aside from Ren. Long-haired charas usually aren't my type. But Holmes' curls~ And Haruto + Tosshi's good (not innocent, not overly tsun) voice~ Yay.

Truthfully, I expected this to be mediocre and Kakuriyo to be decent. I'm sad Kakuriyo isn't better (where is my next Mononokean), but I'm happy this is nicer than I expected. At the very least, it should be entertaining for goners like me.
Apr 11, 2018 1:56 PM

May 2015
So many good looking guys~~
Holmes and Watson are my babies for sure
Dracula is cute too, annoying but cute.
Story seems interesting :D
Apr 11, 2018 3:04 PM
Jul 2018
Handsome guys doing handsome stuff
worth it lmao
Apr 11, 2018 3:04 PM

Dec 2016
I feel like all of the characters had sort of stereotypical characteristics. The episode was kind of boring overall in my opinion. I hope it gets better and also funnier because this is a comedy anime.
modge
Apr 11, 2018 3:14 PM

Sep 2013
I don't know if that plot was necessary but we'll see.
Apr 11, 2018 4:57 PM

Aug 2010
I'm not sure if I get where this story is going LOL but ayy I'm here for the pretty boys.
Apr 11, 2018 5:48 PM

Sep 2011
This setup may have worked in book format but it is a waste of a first episode. They have 20 minutes to hook the viewer in, and they used that time front-loading a bunch of characters (some of whom weren't necessary for the episode [Dracula]) and wasting a lot of time having girls swoon over J.

Side note, I always find it SUPER cheesy when characters scream "WE ARE [insert English word]!" in the first or second episode without any context into what that means. It's like they are trying so hard to be edgy and shoehorn in an English word, because English words are cool.

I know for a fact I do not enjoy this genre, but I'll give this series one more episode to explain itself, otherwise I will leave it in the hands of the people who like this type of mangasm (otome?).
Apr 11, 2018 5:55 PM

Apr 2017
Wannabe Black Butler
Apr 11, 2018 6:44 PM

Sep 2010
Eh I don't think I'll keep up with this one generic and bland across the board.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 11, 2018 7:24 PM

Jun 2013
the OP is good but the rest is meh
Apr 11, 2018 9:00 PM

Mar 2016
I liked the OP song, maybe I'll download it later. Other that that? Nope, I didn't even made five minutes into the show and this thing wasn't even on my PTW list, so... Pass?
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Apr 11, 2018 11:12 PM

Mar 2010
Not all anime start off amazing from episode 1 so I'm not sure if it's self entitlement or yall fuckers are just picky as hell.

Love the OLDCODEX OP as always and the first episode explained what it needed to and gave us a glimpse of what J is all about which of course is finding his sister and the lengths he will go to to achieve that goal.
Apr 11, 2018 11:58 PM

Oct 2008
another show which the plot is all over...
Why is it Bulter shows, always auto good looking bishounen? lolz
OP is the only redeeming part of this show...
3/5.

Apr 12, 2018 12:17 AM

Mar 2013
Didn't really understand a thing at first until the ending, which got me interested. So the two got warped into the future?
Seems like there will be explanations in the next episode.
So far, I've taken a liking to it-- seems interesting
Apr 12, 2018 2:19 AM
Sep 2015
If its main selling point is fanservice, next episode better be hot spring episode, follow by beach episode, follow by sauna episode, follow by massage spa episode, follow by water park episode, to compensate for a very bad editing.
Apr 12, 2018 4:26 AM

Jun 2008
Another otome game adaption I guess.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 12, 2018 6:35 AM

Oct 2013
ichii_1 said:
I don't know if that plot was necessary but we'll see.

Best comment.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Apr 12, 2018 7:57 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Thread cleaned. Removed off-topic chain about initial score, rather than the episode itself.

---

Shirasho said:
This setup may have worked in book format
Orulyon said:
The series is original.

Kilikclia said:
Didn't really understand a thing at first until the ending, which got me interested. So the two got warped into the future?
Seems so. Remember when the student council first entered the room in the mansion? They were saying, "A family used to live here but it's been abandoned for 100 years". Then J immediately had a flashback that took place in the same room. So they're probably from the past, though could also be future since no explanation.

phantomfandom said:
If its main selling point is fanservice, next episode better be hot spring episode, follow by beach episode, follow by sauna episode, follow by massage spa episode, follow by water park episode, to compensate for a very bad editing.
You're describing fan service aimed at a different demographic ;)
Apr 12, 2018 9:35 AM

Dec 2014
I did not like the episode or series too fr...too much development then actually happening something
Apr 12, 2018 12:31 PM

Apr 2018
Hmmm- Pretty blands so far, But- I did like that little fight at the ending there. I have hopes that it will pick up.

also, the opening theme is pretty Rad
I like Maids~
Apr 12, 2018 1:50 PM

Jul 2013
Honestly, I didn't get the plot? And I feel like I was bombarded with characters (very handsome characters, but still...) and I wasn't able to memorize all their names lol

I'll keep watching, but I have no idea what I'm signing up for.

Apr 12, 2018 6:49 PM

Jul 2009
annelora said:

The truth has been spoken!
Apr 12, 2018 8:37 PM
Feb 2017
Umm...................

Is this Black Butler 2.0 or something?

It's an original project too which is interesting.

That being said, I didn't expect much from this. And in a season as awesome, do I even need to bother with the 3 episode rule? My sense of fairness demands it. ^_^
EugenefinditApr 12, 2018 8:41 PM
Apr 12, 2018 9:06 PM

Apr 2018
Not amusing at all but at least the characters are good-looking, so that's a plus hahahah
Apr 13, 2018 3:49 AM

Jun 2016
So many bishounen introduced already and I don't like it one bit. I hope I'll be able to remember all their names. And damn these boys resemble Sebastian Michaelis a lot (or tryna be be Sebastian hoho) and I can even hear OnoD's voice in J's seiyuu; it's like he's tryna copy OnoD's voice. Lmao. So weird.

3/5.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 13, 2018 5:55 AM

May 2014
Sebastian will always be the best butler.
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 13, 2018 6:17 AM
May 2015
The chara design is really nice!!! As for the plot I'm waiting untill it reveals.
Apr 13, 2018 6:18 AM
May 2015
RisuSaya said:
OH MY GOD so many bishies. These ships sail themselves!! And the story is also pretty interesting so far, I'm actually surprised.

Yeah that's what I thought too. Just watching is fine, don't care for anything else!
Apr 13, 2018 9:05 AM

Jun 2016
Pretty okay episode, introducing the entire cast and setting up some background, plus a myriad of handsome males. Easy there...

Still, how did it get a low score like this ? O__o
Apr 13, 2018 10:30 AM

Sep 2015
...huh? Is this a sequel to something I'm not aware of or what's going on here? The content of this episode felt like something 5-6 episodes into an anime O.o

But yeah, this was... not a great start. Considering that Silver Link is basically a husk of a studio at this point, maybe this is about as good as an Original anime by them can be, but if that's the case, then SL has fallen even lower than I thought...
Apr 13, 2018 10:45 AM

May 2015
Looks generic but the boys are cute and with the twist at the end it became quite interesting. So I'll give it a chance for now.
Apr 13, 2018 1:39 PM

Aug 2015
I came here for the bishounen bait but the art was very mediocre. The line work looks wobbly and weak. The facial features differ in proportion every frame and often just looks off.
I never expected much in plot or characters so if the aesthetics can't hold up then there is no point at all.
Apr 13, 2018 6:32 PM
Jan 2018
I really dont understand whats going on...
-_-"
Apr 14, 2018 6:44 AM

Aug 2016
oh boy. Let it be one of those animes that get better with each episode. Please XD
Apr 14, 2018 10:08 AM

Apr 2010
annelora said:

Oh God, what a good first episode! This is totally what I like - comedy but with drama, good looking, likeable characters, nice music, wonderful voice actors. I want to rate it 10 already but it's a bit too soon. I can't wait for the next episode. I'm deeply in love with this anime already and I hope it's not going to turn bad!

What?! Never noticed it's a femalde dubber!

And it's good to see there are some others who thought this episode was actually good.

Apr 14, 2018 1:44 PM
Jul 2013
Kineta said:

Shirasho said:
This setup may have worked in book format
Orulyon said:
The series is original.

It's not actually, it's based on a Chinese manhua(? or novel? I can't remember) series called Untouchable Butlers.
Apr 15, 2018 4:06 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
BlueOla said:
It's not actually, it's based on a Chinese manhua(? or novel? I can't remember) series called Untouchable Butlers.
Hmm... "Intouchable Butlers" seems to be the intellectual property (IP) name for the original content plan developed by SummerACG (I believe with input from Kadokawa). The IP is very loosely based on the manhua 男神执事团 (Male Deacons), which is seemingly owned by SummerACG—but if you have a look at the link, you can see the stories are quite different. You could say the content plan "Intouchable Butlers" was inspired by the manhua, but this is not an adaptation. The story was created for the purposes of an anime (+manga) series.

I wasn't aware of the content plan being developed by a Chinese company, though. Thanks for the info :)
KinetaApr 15, 2018 4:43 AM
Apr 17, 2018 7:41 PM

Jul 2012
Confusing. But will definitely keep watching.

Good seiyuu lineup, nice art.
May 11, 2018 11:37 AM

Jun 2012
What a pointless and confusing first episode. So many questions to ponder over at the end. The show itself seems kinds meh at this point to me.

"No matter how far you travel, you can never get away from yourself."
-- Murakami Haruki
Feb 17, 2019 2:44 PM

Mar 2017
annelora said:

I was so shocked wen i was looking at the cast list and saw Ren's voice actor was a woman... i never would have guessed in a million years. Talented af

More topics from this board

Poll: » Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari Episode 10 Discussion

annelora - Aug 9, 2018

2 by AozoraAi »»
Jun 27, 2023 2:45 PM

Poll: » Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 25, 2018

9 by Pisces05 »»
Feb 28, 2019 6:03 AM

» Is this wroth watching?

Kitty-Kate - Feb 17, 2019

0 by Kitty-Kate »»
Feb 17, 2019 2:46 PM

Poll: » Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari Episode 12 Discussion

annelora - Aug 9, 2018

2 by hanyuhi16 »»
Oct 6, 2018 11:24 PM

Poll: » Butlers: Chitose Momotose Monogatari Episode 11 Discussion

annelora - Aug 9, 2018

0 by annelora »»
Aug 9, 2018 8:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.