Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Aug 12, 2019 12:57 AM

Mar 2015
Oh hell yas, this great series is back and it looks great so far!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 9, 2019 10:09 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like Okarin is suffering from the memory of having killed Kurise and having failed many times. I wonder when Houoin Kyouma is gonna drop his persona of Okabe Rintarou

Sep 11, 2019 5:12 PM
Jul 2018
The rewatchability of this series is so good once you go through this and s;g0 years later. So many things I missed the first time.
Sep 14, 2019 6:03 AM
Dec 2017
its good. really really good. finally anime with good story :)
Apr 16, 2020 12:03 PM

Dec 2019
Shit, judging by Okabes face at the end shit is about to get real.
                                                         đź–¤   

Sep 13, 2020 12:11 PM

May 2020
bts_army_otaku said:
Finally I finished finals !
I miss mal and my days .. 2017 really was good

anyway ... I didn"t understand anything but I will watch 2 episode may I understand

What do you not understand?
Oct 12, 2020 12:45 AM

Nov 2017
Looking back, I'm not sure why I hated this right off so much. Probably the bad taste of the movie and feeling hopeless about the direction of this series. He never meets red again or gets with her...I'm a romantic so I constantly want that. And yet it's so nice to have all the characters back and it's really cool that we're continuing where we left off somewhat.

You just want him and red to be together...I don't know, I just don't want the guy to be lonely. The thought of him going through all that and getting nothing for it but grief breaks my heart a little.

Perfect COVID series though, complete despair, hopelessness and apocalypse.
Oct 23, 2020 9:46 PM
Oct 2020
beautiful beautiful beautiful Anime, i will watch the movie today :)
Nov 15, 2020 8:08 PM
May 2020
It's always interesting to see the different alternatives of a story, this one looks sad. It's so weird seeing Okabe being so normal tho.

Also, did they made Suzuha more thick or is just me? And I don't even know how Daru ends up with that girl being what he is but good for him lol.

I always get so confused with Okabe's PTSD, what happened with Moeka in this world line?

And I will say it again, it's a shame that Kurisu will never see Okabe in that fit, my boy looks so pretty.
Jun 22, 2021 1:14 AM

Jan 2017
Damn the anime is better than the VN already since they move around the events to introduce new characters like Yuki rather than jumping straight into 0's plot

was hoping for Leskinen's engrish to become lesser but oh well, Amadeus playing at the end was hype tho
Jul 2, 2021 12:16 PM

Apr 2018
A depressed okabe, no kurisu, no fun conversations (except daru..)

Well seems like he has a hard life in this world line where he couldnt save Kurisu, he ends up going to college.
Meets a loli-like girl who introduces us to Kurisu's work; AI with emotions
And damn Moeka is in this world line; probably a normal college girl.

I personally don't like where this is going but it's interesting.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 16, 2021 5:34 PM
Jul 2018
Going into this with an open mind. Im not expecting Steins gate level with this show I just want a good continuation.
Great first ep. I can kind of get the tone they're going for, similar to the beginning of s;g with the SoL elements mixed with the mystery. But this is obviously much darker than the first half of s;g.
One initial problem I have early on that isn't even really a problem is the animation. The original was grainy, with static backgrounds and solid color skies. This animation is almost too good I feel. The original's animation gave it more atmosphere while this just feels like normal good animation. Idk I'm being too critical I feel.
Jul 17, 2021 7:00 PM
Nov 2016
Patosaurus72 said:
One initial problem I have early on that isn't even really a problem is the animation. The original was grainy, with static backgrounds and solid color skies. This animation is almost too good I feel. The original's animation gave it more atmosphere while this just feels like normal good animation. Idk I'm being too critical I feel.

Yeah the atmosphere in the OG Steins;Gate was indeed grainy and gloomy, the atmosphere in Steins;Gate 0 is generic like any other generic anime out there.

My advice, don't expect this to be as good as Steins;Gate because it isn't, to me it was mediocre in every way, just a mediocre anime with a couple of decent episodes here and there so just keep your expectations low and you might end up enjoying it.
Oct 15, 2021 8:07 PM

Jan 2021
in the fist season he saves Kurisu but then they make an alternative episode 23 we’re he doesn’t save her and continue the story from there with this season this really good
Oct 16, 2021 3:21 AM

May 2016
Jamk_ said:
in the fist season he saves Kurisu but then they make an alternative episode 23 we’re he doesn’t save her and continue the story from there with this season this really good

Not really an alternative episode tho, and isn't second season either. 0 is a spin off to Steins;Gate and a side entry in SciADV
-
Oct 17, 2021 12:28 AM
Jul 2018
SciADV_Maniac said:
Jamk_ said:

Not really an alternative episode tho, and isn't second season either. 0 is a spin off to Steins;Gate and a side entry in SciADV

I think anime onlies should consider 23b to be an alternate ending & S;G0 a supposed 2nd season in the beginning, because it will have a "mind blowing" factor when they realise who this Okabe really was in the last episode of 0. They can also sort of comprehend who 0 Okabe is in episode 20 of 0. Knowing who this Okabe is from the very beginning takes away the shock factor of the ending & how it connects with the original ending. Offcourse it is impossible to know the entire context of 0 without the 0 VN, but knowing this particular plot point in the end will give a much better experience for an anime only
Feb 3, 2023 7:57 PM

Aug 2021
A fresh start. I already lower my expectations ever since I personally don't enjoy 23ß and the narrative it's going. Still, the animation style and the calm, surrealist atmosphere are something that never changed.

Seeing a quiet Okabe in a black coat is a different breed. I miss the time when he was still dressed lab coat, screaming "Mad scientist" and speaking random unrelated things. My man has gone through a lot...

I like the way they depicted the flashback of Kurisu and Okabe's internal selves. The concept of new time traveling, the theory about AI and the threat from WWIII seem promising. Hiyajou seems to be an interesting character so I hope they won't waste the potential and executed well in the future event.
Jul 28, 2023 2:14 AM
Jan 2019
Gosh, its such a refreshing sight to see the old cast again. But I must say, seeing Okabe absolutely depressed is something I am not used to but completely justified considering what happened.
Oct 5, 2023 9:59 AM

Dec 2020
Did they change Yuki? She looks different then when she first appeared in one of the ovas. And then the back story was she was a cosplayer they daru met on a message board. But now she was mayuris cosplay friend. I mean I guess it can be chalked up to different world lines but I thought they had to be somewhat similar situations.

Also I can't remember but in this timeline moeka hasn't been introduced yet I think so what she's doing so far is unknown but most likely still with FB.
Nov 20, 2023 5:36 AM
Oct 2021
is this a sequel or a prequel?
Nov 20, 2023 7:28 AM

May 2016
Reply to ReganDesu
is this a sequel or a prequel?
@ReganDesu

Prequel, because it's about an Okabe who existed on an earlier worldline (relative to the Okabe who you observed in Steins;Gate)

Sequel, because this anime is in fact not the adaptation of the visual novel of the same name, but a sequel to it, observing an Okabe who existed on a worldline existing after the many worldlines (thus many Okabes) observed in the visual novel of Steins;Gate 0.
-
Mar 12, 5:42 PM
Dec 2019
Its funny how everyone's designs look basically the same except all the women went up at least one cup size. Mayuri in particular had quite a sudden change.

Design quibbles aside, glad to see everyone back in action.
Apr 18, 8:11 PM
Aug 2020
Its a nice, relatively calm and slow episode.
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2018

218 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 16, 5:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.