Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion


Apr 11, 2018 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 3609
Here we go again D:

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…"
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:07 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 25
The episode was fucking amazing, I am so god damn happy to be getting more Steins;Gate and I loved seeing the characters from the 0 visual novel come to life with animation
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:12 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1645
I'm going to have to go back because I was interrupted during the middle somewhere, but I caught most of it.

It felt a little off to start with, but that went away pretty quickly once they were back in the old lab. I started to get a feel for all the old characters and got a quick introduction to the new ones.

Haha, oh man, what a tricky situation Daru and Suzuha are in.

So I missed some of what was talked about after Okabe and Suzuha had their convo on the rooftop. I came back about the time he met the little short girl (forgot her name for the moment)

That engrish.

That presentation and ending, oh man. I am hyped. Good first episode, I'ma go back and make sure, but I think this was about as well as I could have hoped to be re-introduced to the franchise. 9/10.





 
Apr 11, 2018 11:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2017
Posts: 72
Two words: "Holy Cow!"

I really like the way they changed the order of events to give more impact to the Amadeus reveal at the end of the episode, and I'm glad that we can hear some of Okabe's thoughts. I feared we'd miss what Okabe thought Daru would say about Maho.

Great use of the soundtrack too.

1.048596/1.048596
*laughs in Dimple*
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:15 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 19
I didn't play VN but this start was really epic. 17:17 wowow stop don't do that. My body can't handle with scene like that. Red... red... red fucking more scarlet than Hellsing. FellDepressedMan
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2072
Great start though it had some changes from the VN but nothing too drastic. I hope it concentrates more on Maho in later eps though as she is best girl. Love her introduction though.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:18 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5187
How many years after Steins Gate does this take place ? Cuz it looks like mayuri got herself a Brest implant xd
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:19 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 1645
xShinigami3125 said:
How many years after Steins Gate does this take place ? Cuz it looks like mayuri got herself a Brest implant xd

I wanna say this is like....3 or 4 months after Kurisu's death in the WWIII timeline.

Feel free to correct me, folks.





 
Apr 11, 2018 11:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5187
ituhata said:
xShinigami3125 said:
How many years after Steins Gate does this take place ? Cuz it looks like mayuri got herself a Brest implant xd

I wanna say this is like....3 or 4 months after Kurisu's death in the WWIII timeline.

Feel free to correct me, folks.

Äh Okey then why did everyone get an "upgrade" if you knew what I mean.
Also it's pretty weird to see OKabe in normal cloth but I ll get used to it
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 4699
Really nice return and i'm intrigued where this is gonna go now with this timeline and the Amadeus concept.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 1082
Still the best as ever. Kanako Itou's voice from the opening song feels so nostalgic. Hyped for next week!
Modified by Minar-kyun, Apr 11, 2018 11:47 AM
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2015
Posts: 576
Lets just all agree that maho hiyajo is best girl.
okay?
okay. Good.

light maho VN spoilers

otherwise amazing first episode!!


Calm me and let me taste the salt you breathed while you were underneath
I am the one who haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the sea
I spoke the words but never gave a thought to what they all could mean


last.fm
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:26 AM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 83
Great episode. Have to say it, that broken English speaking professor from America....
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 22
xShinigami3125 said:
How many years after Steins Gate does this take place ? Cuz it looks like mayuri got herself a Brest implant xd
Steins Gate started in July and now it's December. It's about 6 months after the 23 B episode I believe.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 134
Wow.

The story starts off pretty good, Okabe, everyone looking great again. But I am definitely getting a thriller feel by the end of the episode, such a nostalgic and whelming start.
I am completely digging the soundtrack as well.

5/5 They actually put the opening of the visual novel at the end of the episode, I love it.

I am so hyped.
Modified by MrMushin, Apr 11, 2018 11:54 AM
Idk why are you reading this or why tf am I writing this but I already did so whatever.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 1718
Holy cow! The pacing was better than I expected. Great use of the ost. I think this is going to be a fantastic adaptation.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2072
Ginger-Sama said:
Lets just all agree that maho hiyajo is best girl.
okay?
okay. Good.

light maho VN spoilers

otherwise amazing first episode!!


I agree. I had her in my favourite character list since I finished the VN about 3 weeks ago.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 70
I’m in love. I was worried that it won’t be as good as the first season but everything looks great so far. And I finally get to see Maho animated <3
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 764
arc light anime adaptation incoming hopefully white fox will not cut it out like vn.

ding ding robotics;notes connection here amadesu and Kimijima ko base on same theory.

pretty good adapted for first episode we finally see more okabe normal life.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:32 AM
SHSL Good Luck

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6870
xShinigami3125 said:
ituhata said:

I wanna say this is like....3 or 4 months after Kurisu's death in the WWIII timeline.

Feel free to correct me, folks.

Äh Okey then why did everyone get an "upgrade" if you knew what I mean.
Also it's pretty weird to see OKabe in normal cloth but I ll get used to it
Well, everyone's just wearing their winter clothes. Also, Mayuri was always pretty busty XD

And just to clarify, Kurisu died on July 28 and the convention in this episode took place on November 23. So that's a 4 months gap.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2015
Posts: 130
BOY AM I PUMPED FOR THIS. GREAT first episode; it really helped tie together the previous series into this one's World Line. We finally get to meet Suzuha's mom among a few other key characters, and you can already sense the Feels Train warming its engines. This is gonna be another bumpy ride, and Studio White Fox has given us front-row, splash-zone seats for it. Buckle up everyone; Okabe is back in business.

5/5
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:32 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 25
White Fox and Bones, we can all agree now that these 2 studios really care about their series ( based on the 1st episodes ) While Pierrot ruining Tokyo Ghoul:re again lol.

Bones / White Fox = Quality over Quantity
Pierrot = Quantity over Quality ( Tokyo Ghoul, Boruto and Black Clover all in one season )

While A-1 finally redeeming themselves ( Darling in the FranXX, Nanatsu no Taizai )

Either way great episode! The new director did a great job ~

EL PSY CONGROO
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:33 AM
Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 5676
Ginger-Sama said:
Lets just all agree that maho hiyajo is best girl.


I did not watch this episode yet

But Ruka Urushibara is best girl, and noting will ever beat her
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 760
I'm liking so far. It seems to be a quality adaptation like the original.



 
Apr 11, 2018 11:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 22
thepath said:
Ginger-Sama said:
Lets just all agree that maho hiyajo is best girl.


I did not watch this episode yet

But Ruka Urushibara is best girl, and noting will ever beat her
Luka Urushibara. At least get her name right.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5187
Idk how I feel about this anime I mean it looks rather promising but for me it just doesn't feel as overwhelming/Thrilling as Steins Gate did.
Back when I watched Steins Gate for the first time I was instantly hooked and didn't sleep that night just so I could finish the show in one Go this one just doesn't make me feel the same way Steins Gate did :/ also all female characters suddenly having such large breasts is kinda irritating.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5187
GoldenDevilGamer said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Äh Okey then why did everyone get an "upgrade" if you knew what I mean.
Also it's pretty weird to see OKabe in normal cloth but I ll get used to it
Well, everyone's just wearing their winter clothes. Also, Mayuri was always pretty busty XD

And just to clarify, Kurisu died on July 28 and the convention in this episode took place on November 23. So that's a 4 months gap.

Thx for the clarification but it's not just Mayuri and even with her it was never to that extend and i must say I really don't like it
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 733
I'm still relatively new to Steins;Gate but that tuturu brought back some serious memories.

Fuck that PTSD scene was disturbing. I really hope Beta Okarin makes it out okay. Though I highly suspect eternal suffering for him.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 219
As of today I am the happiest human on Earth. This first episode was so amazing I can't handle it. All of my waiting and abstaining from reading the VN has now so so paid off. Everything I just witnessed was all new to me and I can't wait to see what happens next.

My life now has meaning again. Thank you S;G.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:47 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 5187
ALSo why is it a thing that every time someone (who is supposed to be a native speaker) in an anime speaks englisch they have a terrible accent couldn't they get someone with a less noticeable acctent for that role.
Go read the One Punch Man manga please, this awful adaptation by JC Staff is a disgrace.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
Anerinus said:
Great episode. Have to say it, that broken English speaking professor from America....

He actually sounded worse in the VN during that scene. XD
You will be sure to love him soon, he is a top tier memer and the accent is part of his charm.

xShinigami3125 said:
ALSo why is it a thing that every time someone (who is supposed to be a native speaker) in an anime speaks englisch they have a terrible accent couldn't they get someone with a less noticeable acctent for that role.

He speaks Japanese too, don't worry. He is Finnish, so not really a native English speaker either.
Modified by Aquamirror, Apr 11, 2018 11:55 AM
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:51 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 639
I realise now that I don't care for anyone else in this series besides Okabe.

It's kind of sad lol.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 295
ahneeme said:
I realise now that I don't care for anyone else in this series besides Okabe.

It's kind of sad lol.

Basically me ahaha
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 5627
Fantastic start.

The opening sequence upto when Okabe meets up with Mayuri was amazing.
The soundtrack hits so damn hard for me and seeing all the characters again is just wonderful. I'm so happy they decided to this adaptation.

We get to meet Yuki officially, like finally and I love her already.

That PTSD scene though. :(

Super interested in the AI stuff that was presented at the end.

Masterful presentation overall, really looking forward to this.
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 11272
ok my hair was literally standing up while watching this...so much mostalgia... truly agood comeback
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 544
anyone else notice some differences from the PV and the actual anime?
PV

Actual


Also
PV

Actual
Persona 4 (Golden obviously) is better than Persona 5 imo
 
Apr 11, 2018 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 26
now THAT is a first episode how it's supposed to be done, holy shit.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2016
Posts: 2072
Aquamirror said:
Anerinus said:
Great episode. Have to say it, that broken English speaking professor from America....

He actually sounded worse in the VN during that scene. XD
You will be sure to love him soon, he is a top tier memer and the accent is part of his charm.


Indeed. Leskinen is my 5th favourite character. I thought he might have spoken to Okabe before the presentation but there is still 22 eps to go to flesh him out.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 2076
riorangel21 said:
White Fox and Bones, we can all agree now that these 2 studios really care about their series ( based on the 1st episodes ) While Pierrot ruining Tokyo Ghoul:re again lol.

Bones / White Fox = Quality over Quantity
Pierrot = Quantity over Quality ( Tokyo Ghoul, Boruto and Black Clover all in one season )

While A-1 finally redeeming themselves ( Darling in the FranXX, Nanatsu no Taizai )

Either way great episode! The new director did a great job ~

EL PSY CONGROO


I appreciate the gesture but there is so much problematic stuff with what you said.

First off, everyone cares about their project otherwise they wouldn't even remain in an industry riddled with problems to begin with. Don't try to make the lack of passion a reason when scheduling & industry-wide practices are to blame for.

Secondly you're trying to make a point about quality & quantity while comparing a relatively new studio trying to find a foot in the industry with recent expansions in their facilities with a giant that has several decades of history. The difference is Pierrot can afford to have multiple projects in the production stage whereas WhiteFox can't but wish they did. And even if we follow your logic Bones would not even match your criterium as they have a ton of simultaneous production going on thanks to their 4 department structure.

Either way it's pretty much pointless to talk merely in studios anyway when so much decision making is done outside of the studio's reach or discretion. With as many freelancing creative core staff as there is, it's not surprise really.

That out of the way, Kawamura indeed did a splendid job. He continued the delicate depiction of facial expression to display a wide range of emotions.
The result is an amazing episode.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:04 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 400
Ah I miss them... I need to rewatch season1 since I forgot everything.. can someone remind me a quick overview of what happened??
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:07 PM
Kami-sama

Offline
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 3267
I love how intense this is despite being only the first episode of the season.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:08 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 4
Fucking ace first episode. They've got a lot of introductions to get through and a lot of information to jam in, but I'm pleased that they managed to get that all done and still leave time for internet Happenings. 10/10

Clefairiess said:
Ah I miss them... I need to rewatch season1 since I forgot everything.. can someone remind me a quick overview of what happened??


some people died a lot, some people died a little bit, okabe didn't ride a bike everyday, shit got real, putin used the time machine to get trump elected lmao
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 157
Okay so unpopular first, but really though, the animation is kinda terrible, i legit compared the highest 1080p i could find to the 720ps of the first season and its really mediocre compared to that. The direction also lacked luster, very disjointed and segmented scenes. As a massive fan of the first series, this was terribly disappointing. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but the cinematography (constant zooming in on the faces to save budget) really did a number for me. Really sad at how this is turning out. Not even close to the originals quality. Where did all the budget go? The inexperience of the director is really showing. :( Also they're really banking on the nostalgia factor (and its working for literally everyone but me sadly lol)
last thing, why is the extreme PTSD not believable? Like, he still has the choice to save her but he's literally going to go through hell just to arrive at the same conclusion? Ah, not working for me. The first novel was intelligent. This, this is made for milking. Sad.
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 544
Sam1198777 said:
Okay so unpopular first, but really though, the animation is kinda terrible, i legit compared the highest 1080p i could find to the 720ps of the first season and its really mediocre compared to that. The direction also lacked luster, very disjointed and segmented scenes. As a massive fan of the first series, this was terribly disappointing. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but the cinematography (constant zooming in on the faces to save budget) really did a number for me. Really sad at how this is turning out. Not even close to the originals quality. Where did all the budget go? The inexperience of the director is really showing. :(


I agree with you with the close ups, but he did a great job at evoking emotions and accurately portray what the characters are feeling, and that was my biggest worry, for now.
Persona 4 (Golden obviously) is better than Persona 5 imo
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:11 PM
Acid flashback

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 8621
I didn't know much I missed Steins Gate until I saw this. Love seeing these guys...But daaammnn it feels dark.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

 
Apr 11, 2018 12:11 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 9
I liked it. It is very fast paced and missed some important things imo such as Maho missing Kurisu which was pointed out during her hesitations while translating etc and also they cut the entire overheard English dialogue about the fire at Kurisus moms place.

Some things were even better than in the source material though, such as the nightmare scene was better and visually really well done. A strong start I think but we'll see how they handle the rest of the story and the which information and branches they filter out.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 1142
I am so happy to see characters back. Great first episode. It pains me to see Okabe like that, hope he finds happiness by the end of this. I had no idea that I missed Steins;Gate this much.
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 754
I'm still a little confused as to where this takes place and i need to refresh my memory of Steins;Gate a little bit, but when i heard the piano version of the main theme, i was instantly thrown in 2011 spring/summer when my heart couldn't wait for the next episodes. I felt the whole atmosphere of that time and it brings me nostalgia. I gotta watch the original once more.
Hard to make an opinion from the first episode, tho. It did not catch me but it's the first episode after all. I'm sure with the progression, i'll like the episodes more. It was that way with the original.
My squad is back! I'll miss the old Okabe tho xD.
"If Eren boned Historia then we'll be getting flashbacks right back to Ymir, from both of them."
- imadethisforonething (Reddit)
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 157
Mohammadalmannai said:
Sam1198777 said:
Okay so unpopular first, but really though, the animation is kinda terrible, i legit compared the highest 1080p i could find to the 720ps of the first season and its really mediocre compared to that. The direction also lacked luster, very disjointed and segmented scenes. As a massive fan of the first series, this was terribly disappointing. I honestly wasn't expecting much, but the cinematography (constant zooming in on the faces to save budget) really did a number for me. Really sad at how this is turning out. Not even close to the originals quality. Where did all the budget go? The inexperience of the director is really showing. :(


I agree with you with the close ups, but he did a great job at evoking emotions and accurately portray what the characters are feeling, and that was my biggest worry, for now.


Wish it'd work for me the same way..i just don't see the intelligence and maturity in the direction or the script (or the concept, to be fair)
"If you don't love anyone, it'll make your life easier. But, I don't want to believe it's useless to love anyone" - Hikari Sakishima
 
Apr 11, 2018 12:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 372
bakuramariks said:
I'm still a little confused as to where this takes place and i need to refresh my memory of Steins;Gate a little bit, but when i heard the piano version of the main theme, i was instantly thrown in 2011 spring/summer when my heart couldn't wait for the next episodes. I felt the whole atmosphere of that time and it brings me nostalgia. I gotta watch the original once more.
Hard to make an opinion from the first episode, tho. It did not catch me but it's the first episode after all. I'm sure with the progression, i'll like the episodes more. It was that way with the original.
My squad is back! I'll miss the old Okabe tho xD.


It takes place between episode 23B and 23A (original episode 23)
 
Top
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »