Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 11, 2018 3:18 PM
I actually really like the first episode, it seems to be promising. From what I can tell, it seems like its going to be more psychological than even the OG S;G. I really liked the part when Okabe was having PTSD, it made it genuinely unnerving, I think it was a very good touch. The story also starts out really quickly in comparison to the original. Lets hope they can keep it up, the new director seems promising.

Apr 11, 2018 3:22 PM

As someone who started watching the original Steins;Gate just a few weeks ago, I enjoyed this episode a lot and even feel like I'm gonna like 0 more than the original series. I liked the original a lot but it's a bit overhyped in my opinion. I can't wait for it to get confusing as hell

STEINS;GATE HAS FINALLY RETURNED REJOICE BECAUSE ALL OF YOU BEAUTIFUL DISGUSTING OTAKU CAN FINALLY MASTURBATE TO THE FANTASTICAL SCIENTIFICALLY INSPIRED MINDFUCK THAT IS STEINS;GATE ZERO BECAUSE WITHOUT ALL OF THIS IN OUR LIVES IT WOULD BE INCOMPLETE, NOTHING BUT A MEANINGLESS VOID SIMILAR TO A BLACK HOLE THAT CAN SEND YOU BACK IN TIME BUT NEVER REEXPERIENCE IT BUT ALAS WE GET A NEW ADVENTURE WITH THE SCIENTIFIC ADVENTURE SERIES TO SATISFY OUR TASTES!

AND TO ALL OF THE HATERS THAT WILL BE HATING REGARDLESS OF LOGIC OR REASON I DECLARE TO YOU THAT THERE'S NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO STOP THE HYPE TRAIN,

YA SUNUVABITCH!
(insults are used for comedic effect only)
Modified by Draconix814, Apr 11, 2018 3:29 PM

Dat atmosphere
Dat PTSD
Dat VN OST
Dat best girl Maho

Where are the japanese shaman girls, Lintahlo?/10

If they stay this fateful to the novel all along it's going to be even better than the original one (not a fan of the first 10 episodes and all the cringey chuunibyou interactions).

Apr 11, 2018 3:23 PM

@Draconix814 beautiful

Apr 11, 2018 3:24 PM

My gosh! I love the first episode. That Maho girl introuduced an ai called Amadeus. I wonder if it is Kurisu. I am happy to see all characters back!

Apr 11, 2018 3:24 PM

Flowerprincess said:
As someone who started watching the original Steins;Gate just a few weeks ago, I enjoyed this episode a lot and even feel like I'm gonna like 0 more than the original series. I liked the original a lot but it's a bit overhyped in my opinion. I can't wait for it to get confusing as hell

It;s funny that you say the original is overhyped, when 0 has 9.19 and rising. :D

Apr 11, 2018 3:29 PM

Danpmss said:
Not a bad start.

I'm still worried about how they are going to adapt the non-linear content from other routes though. With S;G was much easier since the routes were pretty much all chronologically connected. This isn't the case at all with 0, and there's quite a bit of important information to be taken from each.

Most people here haven't read the VN, if they have you would see a lot of people being at most cautiously optimistic.

Apr 11, 2018 3:30 PM

A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Flowerprincess said:

It;s funny that you say the original is overhyped, when 0 has 9.19 and rising. :D

S;G ended years ago, its rating is more valid. Lets see where this goes, I predict at least a sub 8 score at the end, although it depends if they keep the superior adaptation that way and fix some weaker parts it could stay a plausible low 9 in the best case scenario.
Anyway suffering and confusion are guaranteed. (:

Apr 11, 2018 3:35 PM

A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Flowerprincess said:

Yeah, the fact that it gets such a high score after one episode is kinda... Overhyping stuff as well. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it and that they're excited though.

Apr 11, 2018 3:42 PM

One of the best sci-fi animes is back. Ah the nostalgia, I really missed Mayuri. Okabe and the others are older, but he keeps remembering the past. He may thought this world line was save but that ending episode shows that something bad is coming.
Daru's wife tho lmao

Apr 11, 2018 3:44 PM
That Amadeus tho, damn, can't get enough of this, really can't wait for next episode

Apr 11, 2018 3:46 PM

Aquamirror said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

S;G ended years ago, its rating is more valid. Lets see where this goes, I predict at least a sub 8 score at the end, although it depends if they keep the superior adaptation that way and fix some weaker parts it could stay a plausible low 9 in the best case scenario.
Anyway suffering and confusion are guaranteed. (:

Of course older is more valid, but this is just overblown. :D Love the series, so I guess I am glad, but it's a little unrealistic, really, it wasn't THAT good.

Apr 11, 2018 3:54 PM

Í missed this anime <3333333333 Best girlll is back xD

Apr 11, 2018 4:13 PM
Aww a world without Kurisu but now in the form of Amadeus! I enjoyed the ending song. I remember hearing that on youtube and loved it, glad they played it here. Glad to see the characters from last season and it has a more serious vibe especially with Okabe. He's now being like a college student lol mixers, no wonder Feris and Luka were shocked. Mom of Suzuha is cute. Daru is a lucky dude. Now let's see where this show is going but since it's Steins Gate I would predict that it would be amazing nevertheless.

Apr 11, 2018 4:13 PM
God i never felt so much hyped for a first episode in my f*cking life !

The ending with the VN opening was lit ! Too bad they will not use it as the opening of the anime

Apr 11, 2018 4:21 PM

That PTSD came out of no where.... it was so well done. Read only the first route of steins gate zero (wanted to wait for the anime before I read the rest), so the conference felt a bit rushed from what I remember but obviously episode 2 will elaborate on it . However the animation looks amazing and watching everyone interact with each other is so heart warming. Brilliant start to hopefully an amazing 23 weeks. :)

Apr 11, 2018 4:23 PM

Looking good. Looking good.

Apr 11, 2018 4:30 PM

I've waited so long for this anime, it's fun to see all characters again ^^

Apr 11, 2018 4:34 PM

Have boobs always been this large in Steins;Gate? That's a serious question.

Apr 11, 2018 4:43 PM
Gaerled said:

nope i think they made them bigger here

Apr 11, 2018 4:43 PM

That was a very exciting start.

Apr 11, 2018 4:44 PM
Btw I ABSOLUTELY LOVED this episode, 11/10 for me I'm so fcking hyped

Apr 11, 2018 4:45 PM

Gaerled said:

When it comes to Mayuri, yes.
Good episode overall. Amadeus made me realize how much I've missed Kanako Itou's singing

Apr 11, 2018 4:47 PM

TokiWoKezuru said:
Gaerled said:

When it comes to Mayuri, yes.
Good episode overall. Amadeus made me realize how much I've missed Kanako Itou's singing

it takes place months after the original, puberty hit her like a freight train lmao

Apr 11, 2018 4:56 PM

*goosebumps* 5/5

Apr 11, 2018 4:57 PM

yes!! Steins;Gate, one of the greatest anime ever made, is back! well, sort of. this was my most anticipated anime for spring, and its off to a great start!
its kind of sad to see Okabe giving up his "mad scientist" persona, but you can understand how he feels after knowing all he's been through. all the characters besides him are pretty much the same, like revisiting old friends, which was nice.
The part with the short girl made me laugh so hard, I'm so glad this series is still balancing humor and drama well like the original Steins;Gate.
anyways, I'm just so glad that we have another Steins;Gate anime and I can't wait to keep talking about it every week!!

Apr 11, 2018 5:02 PM

Everyone's favorite mad scientist just wanted to be a normie after suffering some serious PTSD, but science went and revived his dead girlfriend as an AI. Guy can't catch a break.

Also, I noted the assistant as a "legal loli" literally thirty seconds before the term appeared in the subtitles. I am Daru. Daru is me.

"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"

Apr 11, 2018 5:03 PM

Messenger + Amadeus hOlY cOw

Apr 11, 2018 5:08 PM

JudoJD said:

If only you knew the disrespect the people at Pierrot showed Ishida during season 2 of Tokyo ghoul you might feel a bitter taste in your mouth trying to defend them... It's a total surprise they still have it this season..

And you really have to try to mess up a manga like Tokyo ghoul re but..sigh
And worse..it's a studio with people who can but won't do it
ACTUALLY caring is important
The director of Fate/stay night Heaven's feel 1 was basically quacking in his shoes asking fans if they were cool with the adaptation while you hear people in another studio are throwing away the script the creator worked hard for.. You can't honestly say everyone cares

Anyways.. I appreciate your sentiments though...quite noble of you honestly
It's always just a mindless hate mob

At the very least we can be grateful Steins gate has a team of people who actually seem to care for it and all I can do is pray they can keep it up until the end
(plus there's the pressure of it basically being regarded as the best anime in Japan so..lol...rip the new director's blood pressure
You do not want to be that guy who ruined steins gate... XD)

It's not a surprise. Studio staff & producers that in return have connections to production committees are a thing. Business connections are a thing.
I'm also a little surprised that the "they disrespected Ishida and threw his script out of the window" bogus still is floating around and people actually vehemently believe it.
I mean there is Morita's AMA amongst other interviews that pretty much tell another tale.

I won't further discuss the caring part, you know my stance, I still find it disrespectful. That won't change this.

Apr 11, 2018 5:08 PM
Otherworldly

only 1 episode and already AOTY

Apr 11, 2018 5:15 PM

I have a board exam in a month so I was holding off anime as much as possible... But I can’t resist Steins;Gate 0. And I watched it. No regrets, it makes me more excited for the following episodes ahh, waiting for another week is a pain.

Apr 11, 2018 5:18 PM
Otherworldly

riorangel21 said:
White Fox and Bones, we can all agree now that these 2 studios really care about their series ( based on the 1st episodes ) While Pierrot ruining Tokyo Ghoul:re again lol.

Bones / White Fox = Quality over Quantity
Pierrot = Quantity over Quality ( Tokyo Ghoul, Boruto and Black Clover all in one season )

While A-1 finally redeeming themselves ( Darling in the FranXX, Nanatsu no Taizai )

Either way great episode! The new director did a great job ~

EL PSY CONGROO

Dunno but A-1 is clearly not a bad studio doing an adaptation. Most of their source material is not good.

Apr 11, 2018 5:24 PM

Maho rules !

Btw, winter clothes can be quite thick ^_^

And google aims to achieve a sentient AI between 2030 and 2040, so a computer with enough capacity to fully emulate a human brain is not really SF, or a very close SF. And emotions are only interpretations and results of its working process, so Amadeus is probably able to feel them somehow.

Modified by Esterona, Apr 11, 2018 5:27 PM
L・Ψ・≅

Apr 11, 2018 5:26 PM

wonderful to see steins gate come back and make a strong opening. so excited for this!

Apr 11, 2018 5:42 PM

That was crazy good, my hype levels are already off the charts.

Seeing Okabe traumatized for Kurisu's death hurts to watch, he already went through so much all to see it end that way, the scene with him losing it thinking of the event made me shiver together with the creepy af music.

I'm so excited to see more, the weekly wait will hurt.

Apr 11, 2018 5:48 PM

I can definitely tell the difference in the budget compared to the first season, but the characters all look and sound the same which is great. I didn’t think it would look this good though, too much close-ups, but other than that it feels like Steins;Gate and that’s good enough for me.

That PTSD scene was insane lol

Apr 11, 2018 5:56 PM

I WANT MY OLD LINTHALO BACK

Seriously 10/10 I hope they wont fuck the rest of series, this ep raised my expectation high. I know adapting s;g 0 will be hard, but nothing wrong with hoping for the better.

Apr 11, 2018 6:02 PM
Loved it!!! Great and nostalgic start <3

Apr 11, 2018 6:08 PM
As someone who doesn't really care about the steins;gate franchise, this feel...dull, and somehow edgy (+ cringey). Also, I can't feel the drama at all. This feels like something a delusional person (chuuni, or something?) would enjoy. As a filthy casual (I don't really mind being called that btw), I can't really enjoy this, I'll prob watch until ep 3 and then decide whether I should continue watching this or not.

Apr 11, 2018 6:18 PM

The simple fact that this series is already causing people to debate about AI is priceless, I love it. I just hope they include a certain scene from the VN where three characters sit around a table discussing the problems of creating an AI that seems as human as possible.

normaneko said:
As someone who doesn't really care about the steins;gate franchise, this feel...dull, and somehow edgy (+ cringey). Also, I can't feel the drama at all. This feels like something a delusional person (chuuni, or something?) would enjoy. As a filthy casual (I don't really mind being called that btw), I can't really enjoy this, I'll prob watch until ep 3 and then decide whether I should continue watching this or not.

Of course you won't feel the drama if you don't care about the previous anime. This series builds on the emotions of the first one, so if you didn't like it, you won't like this one either.
*laughs in Dimple*

Apr 11, 2018 6:22 PM

Great episode I love it! Best first episode of the season for me. Kinda weird where it ends with no sound at all and then the ending credits. I'm also a sucker when it comes to time travel in anything.
Modified by keragamming, Apr 11, 2018 6:31 PM

Apr 11, 2018 6:33 PM
Holy shiii, I'm honestly crying rn because I miss being in the Steins;Gate world and now that S;G 0 is finally here, we get 23 episodes of more S;G!!! I haven't played the VN but I heard this one gets really dark and I'm totally prepared, as long as I'm back in this world!

This was honestly one of my most anticipated animes of spring 2018 and it didn't disappoint! T.T I loved it SO much and I'm hoping it just gets better from here! I miss everyone and, with this ep, it's like they never left...well, you know, with the exception of Kurisu and the change in Okabe's demeanor of course but we all know why and understand so I'm not complaining about that (even though I do miss Okabe's mad scientist vibe LOL).

Hell yeah I'll be watching this weekly! :D

5/5! <3
Modified by chareexnicole, Apr 13, 2018 1:20 AM

Apr 11, 2018 6:39 PM

It's finally here. Calling it now, AOTY!

Apr 11, 2018 6:41 PM

Really great start. I can't wait to watch this unfold. Pretty tense episode, but there were a few jokes. The professors English was pretty funny.

Apr 11, 2018 6:43 PM
This looks like a downgrade in comparison to the original series. They barely used lighting at all in this episode, the original series had a interesting use lighting which helped created the atmosphere that was mysterious and foreboding. Also what is with Mayuri's boobs, why are they gigantic in this anime? This anime seems like a cash grab, when both the art, animation and lighting are worse than the original.

Apr 11, 2018 6:45 PM

After my disappointment with the movie I was kinda afraid to watch this but I'm happy to say that it was a great episode and I'm definitely interested.
Too bad our mad scientist became so boring after so many traumas, I hope he won't be so gloomy during the whole thing but I also know that chuuni Okarin doesn't really fit.

Anyway, can't wait for the next episode, I maratoned the first series so I can feel that watching this weekly will be torture.
Baby, daijobanai...

Apr 11, 2018 6:50 PM
Steins Gate; 0 pretty much demonstrates how hard it is to accept the death of a loved one... And also how it is like to be completely broken.

Apr 11, 2018 6:54 PM

Just re-watched the movie and prequel to 0 before watching this, boy it was worth it. We got to see the crew again. But is someone missing. No surprise that Okabe is having nightmares about his past. Comedy was pretty funny, good to see Daru is entertaining as always. 2 New characters were shown. Daru's future wife. And a mysterious girl called Maho.

That ending gave me goosebumps and made my jaw drop, because of the seminar. I'm guessing Amadeus is going to be a big part of the series, in a good or bad way. ALSO THE SONG AT THE END WAS SO GOOD. For those that don't know, its the opening for the visual novel. I haven't read it myself so everything is a mystery.

Can't wait to see more!
Modified by Deathmones, Apr 11, 2018 6:58 PM

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 11, 2018 6:55 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh HYPE!

Finally the prequel/sequel to my favorite anime of all time!

Tuturu!

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »