Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion


Apr 11, 2018 2:08 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2017
Posts: 2
>That face when AOTY
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:10 PM
SHSL Sugar Daddy

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 1745
Finally the first episode of Steins;Gate 0 aired and I watched it.. sniff... I've waited for this for so long.. it was truly beautiful.

And that PTSD scene was freaking perfect. Loved that distorted music. Good choice.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 1598
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

uninstallthegame said:
why the fuck the chicks suddenly became so thicc? i don't remember suzuha being this thicc, it's distracting

One of the points I was going to give, but got distracted :D. Yes, I agree, in 6 months they have all undergone a huge transformation, and seems that Suzuha's only role now is fanservice, which is disgusting, because S;G really shouldn't be that kind of show, it had much better attributes.


well, i don't know about that, but i agree about the annoying part. i checked the vn, she's thicc there too, but in the s;g adaptation they kinda ignored that. now they emphasize it more with shadowing, her ass looks humongous, just like mayuri's breast
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 394
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

*Main role.
I stand corrected.


*Side role and still not really.
We've got a trio coming up to play the main fanservice role.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
Mouloxas said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

*Main role.
I stand corrected.


*Side role and still not really.
We've got a trio coming up to play the main fanservice role.

Hahah now I am truly terrified.
Is the plot in 0 so inferior to the original that they had to resort to fanservice? I didn't check the VN.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
This is trying a bit too hard to be Steins;Gate, and not enough to be Steins;Gate 0. Okabe is way livelier and his reactions are way more exaggarated than it should be at S;G0. Also a bit disappointed with the lighter tone, but I guess that's how it goes, the common anime watcher can't handle S;G0 atmosphere right from the start, and have to be eased into it slowly.

Huge fan of the VN though, will watch till the end regardless.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:14 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 617
I wonder if someone will take the trouble to capture the girls of today, and show the "development" they had from "Stein gate" to "stein gate 0" (these 4-7 months)
Anyone? Please quote me so I can see it; (
-
For people who speak Spanish, this is the chapter "23b" or "prequel" of the
that MAL users speak:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETIokc4DOzs
Modified by FireCrauter, Apr 11, 2018 2:18 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2290
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Great to see the characters again, but other than that, that was not very impressive, also Makise's "theory" is what is basically known about storning memories in the brain today (actually less than what is known today), and I don't see anyone in real world developing an "AI with emotions and memories", 1st ep and already crap pseudoscience? The original was pretty believable unlike this.


Except they literally used the "storing memories" stuff to make the time leap machine work in the first season so you can't call this crap pseudoscience and not that.

To refresh your mind, it's not just scientific knowlegde of how it works, Kurisu literally contructed a way to copy a person's memory patterns into a computer and convert it into usable data (which is then applied to a program to form an AI)

Also you think [sending terabytes worth of memory data to a giant particle accelerator to convert it into just a couple of bytes, then send it to the past as audio waves to "transplant" said memories into the brain of whoever hears it] is more believable and achievable than brain memory AI???
Modified by HyperL, Apr 11, 2018 2:19 PM
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2017
Posts: 28
I missed this series so much... after several years, they've finally made the sequel/alternative story into a anime. I'm so happy for this rn honestly.

From just this episode so far, they've adapted it super well. About, a quarter through the prologue. Scenes from the game I've experienced were amazing. I love seeing VNs I played get adapted. I have high hopes for this anime.. Also that maho scene was spot on with the VN.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
BlackZenith said:
This is trying a bit too hard to be Steins;Gate, and not enough to be Steins;Gate 0. A bit disappointed with the lighter tone, but I guess that's how it goes, the common anime watcher can't handle S;G0 atmosphere right from the start, and have to be eased into it slowly.

Huge fan of the VN though, will watch till the end regardless.

0 also started with lighter atmosphere though.. They just rearranged some events a bit to make for a better character introduction.

A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Mouloxas said:


*Side role and still not really.
We've got a trio coming up to play the main fanservice role.

Hahah now I am truly terrified.
Is the plot in 0 so inferior to the original that they had to resort to fanservice? I didn't check the VN.

The original also had bunch of fanservice moments. Some sides might not have a very important role, but I don't think anyone exist solely for the fanservice.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:18 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 4
Finally, the adventures of Lintahlo and his shaman girls.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:20 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 394
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Is the plot in 0 so inferior to the original that they had to resort to fanservice? I didn't check the VN.


I'd say it's almost as good as the original. And the anime can easily solve most problems the vn had.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
HyperL said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Great to see the characters again, but other than that, that was not very impressive, also Makise's "theory" is what is basically known about storning memories in the brain today (actually less than what is known today), and I don't see anyone in real world developing an "AI with emotions and memories", 1st ep and already crap pseudoscience? The original was pretty believable unlike this.


Except they literally used the "storing memories" stuff to make the time leap machine work in the first season so you can't call this crap pseudoscience and not that.

To refresh your mind, it's not just scientific knowlegde of how it works, Kurisu literally contructed a way to copy a person's memory patterns into a computer and convert it into usable data (which is then applied to a program to form an AI)

Also you think [sending terabytes worth of memory data to a giant particle accelerator to convert it into just a couple of bytes, then send it to the past as audio waves to "transplant" said memories into the brain of whoever hears it] is more believable and achievable than brain memory AI???

Not just memories, but emotions too... That's the worst part. :D
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:24 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
HyperL said:


Except they literally used the "storing memories" stuff to make the time leap machine work in the first season so you can't call this crap pseudoscience and not that.

To refresh your mind, it's not just scientific knowlegde of how it works, Kurisu literally contructed a way to copy a person's memory patterns into a computer and convert it into usable data (which is then applied to a program to form an AI)

Also you think [sending terabytes worth of memory data to a giant particle accelerator to convert it into just a couple of bytes, then send it to the past as audio waves to "transplant" said memories into the brain of whoever hears it] is more believable and achievable than brain memory AI???

Not just memories, but emotions too... That's the worst part. :D


Actual neuroscientist with Machine Learning skills here. It is actually very, VERY possible to imitate human emotions and behaviour if you have a sofisticated enough neural network encompassing the whole of CA4/CA1/EC/DG of hippocampus, dorsolateral prefrontal cortex for working memory, amygdala for emotions etc. You just need the relevant weights for the plasticity between the networks of each region, which would come from the "data" collected for Amadeus.

It would take a LOT of effort to construct a network of that scale, but it is quite possible.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 10
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Mouloxas said:


*Side role and still not really.
We've got a trio coming up to play the main fanservice role.

Hahah now I am truly terrified.
Is the plot in 0 so inferior to the original that they had to resort to fanservice? I didn't check the VN.


I really hope that isn't the case, it's really distracting. I was scared they'd even give Ruka a double D..

Other than the fanservice part it's really nice to see everyone again! My god, hearing that soundtrack just gives me the (good) shivers.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:25 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 49
What a great first episode of the season!
Steins;Gate never fails to disappoint me!
I just finished the whole series including the specials and movie just a few days ago, and I'm hyped to see another season of this!

That PTSD scene was really intense but they done the scene really well!
I cannot wait to see what episode 2 has in store for us! <3
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:26 PM
Offline
Joined: Aug 2016
Posts: 13
That PTSD scene was NOT okay IMO. The sound was apalling and the visuals instantly made me realize that whatever I'm watching here is clearly not Steins;Gate. It felt completely alien to me - someone who has watched Steins;Gate 6 times.
Definetely a failure.

The rest of the episode was average stuff; there was even one moment that made me laugh ... well, average is horrible compared to the standard of Steins;Gate.

I really hoped this one would be worth hyping, but I don't think this will be comparable to Steins;Gate, which is by far the most well-rounded and refined masterpiece I've seen so far.

I have to mention though, that I've only seen ~100 anime so far.

Looking forward to possible improvement in later episodes.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:27 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
Liravin said:
The sound was apalling and the visuals instantly made me realize that whatever I'm watching here is clearly not Steins;Gate.


That would be because what you are watching is indeed NOT Steins;Gate.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:27 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2290
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Mouloxas said:


*Side role and still not really.
We've got a trio coming up to play the main fanservice role.

Hahah now I am truly terrified.
Is the plot in 0 so inferior to the original that they had to resort to fanservice? I didn't check the VN.


>Implying fanservice just exists as a mere ploy only used by series not confident on their plot.

Relax dude, the plot is just as good as the first. People are too paranoid and skeptical about fanservice.
Modified by HyperL, Apr 11, 2018 4:33 PM
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:28 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1282
I'm confused here, where do the future present take place? I know the post apocalyptical stuff is the original timeline, but is the stuff in future present *aka after steingate but still in the presentitious time* original timeline, or the one we saw in steingate? :> I thought this would take place entirely in original timeline, but this seems to be sort of both a prequel and a sequel to steingate.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 350
Fucking amazing, was kinda scared but looks like it's going to be a solid season. Excited!
Modified by Aymaf, Apr 11, 2018 2:38 PM

 
Apr 11, 2018 2:29 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2017
Posts: 7
wolfwing said:
I'm confused here, where do the future present take place? I know the post apocalyptical stuff is the original timeline, but is the stuff in future present *aka after steingate but still in the presentitious time* original timeline, or the one we saw in steingate? :> I thought this would take place entirely in original timeline, but this seems to be sort of both a prequel and a sequel to steingate.


This takes place in the beta worldline, which has the WW3 as its future. Remember the future Okabe that send the video for the Operation Skuld about deceiving the world? We are following the story of that Okabe. So this is a "different" Okabe as the one at Steins;Gate. The one that followed the exact same loop before him, but since there was no mail about Operation Skuld from the future, he failed in saving Kurisu.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2016
Posts: 284
It's been too long. I WELCOME STEINS;GATE 0 WITH MY HUMBLING EMBRACE.

Loved this first episode, excited for the next.
2D > 3D
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:31 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 10
HyperL said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Hahah now I am truly terrified.
Is the plot in 0 so inferior to the original that they had to resort to fanservice? I didn't check the VN.


>Implying fanservice just exists as a mere ploy only used by series not confident on their plot.

Relax dude, the plot is just as good as the first. People are to paranoid and skeptical about fanservice.


Fanservice is fine and all, but only if it doesn't distract from the main story. If all the episodes are gonna be filled with big-titted ladies that's only gonna be distracting in a bad sense. I really like the character designs of s;g with their normal proportions. I guess they made a different judgement for s;g0 which is a shame imo.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1761
This is my most hyped show this season, even with the likes of Food Wars and My Hero Academia airing at the same time. Man have I've been looking forward to this for so long! =D

The start did surprise me a little though. I'm still playing through the VN version at the moment, but the producers did re-arrange the start a bit, but they did make it work really well.

The scenes with the cast was filled with warmth, but also concern and worry, considering what Okabe has gone through. His PTSD moment was REALLY disturbing and very well done too.

The one thing I've been looking forward to the most was seeing Maho Hiyajo animated and I'm pleased with her appearance so far. She's one of my favourite characters from the VN right now and I'm going to enjoy seeing her in more animated scenes as the show goes on.

Great start White Fox. =D
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2016
Posts: 1282
BlackZenith said:
wolfwing said:
I'm confused here, where do the future present take place? I know the post apocalyptical stuff is the original timeline, but is the stuff in future present *aka after steingate but still in the presentitious time* original timeline, or the one we saw in steingate? :> I thought this would take place entirely in original timeline, but this seems to be sort of both a prequel and a sequel to steingate.


This takes place in the beta worldline, which has the WW3 as its future. Remember the future Okabe that send the video for the Operation Skuld about deceiving the world? We are following the story of that Okabe. So this is a "different" Okabe as the one at Steins;Gate. The one that followed the exact same loop before him, but since there was no mail about Operation Skuld from the future, he failed in saving Kurisu.


okay, I guess I just got confused about the daughter already time traveling which made me wonder if that timeline was sequel to steingate.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:32 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 6
I'M SO EXCITED! :D
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
BlackZenith said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Not just memories, but emotions too... That's the worst part. :D


Actual neuroscientist with Machine Learning skills here. It is actually very, VERY possible to imitate human emotions and behaviour if you have a sofisticated enough neural network encompassing the whole of CA4/CA1/EC/DG of hippocampus, dorsolateral prefrontal cortex for working memory, amygdala for emotions etc. You just need the relevant weights for the plasticity between the networks of each region, which would come from the "data" collected for Amadeus.


You said one of the crucial things. Plasticity. The brains synapses are fluid, not stationary, so that would be a problem with "converting to data". And yes, they didn't talk about amygdala, but I let it slide as temporal lobe. You are speaking as if everything about the brain is well known and that there are basically AI with emotions on our doorstep. If it was like that, psychiatric patients wouldn't be in such a unfavorable situation atm. I am M.D, if that is important for some reason.
Didn't really understand the weights part, but it doesn't sound too feasible to me.
Unless there has been some amazing breakthrough in the last couple of days, about which I haven't heard, science has a rough sketch about the way emotions work (location+neurotransmitters), the rest is pretty hazy. Memories=information I can somewhat buy, but emotions=information...
Not yet anyhow.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
Sjikke said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Hahah now I am truly terrified.
Is the plot in 0 so inferior to the original that they had to resort to fanservice? I didn't check the VN.


I really hope that isn't the case, it's really distracting. I was scared they'd even give Ruka a double D..

Other than the fanservice part it's really nice to see everyone again! My god, hearing that soundtrack just gives me the (good) shivers.

Ruka and double D made me fall to the floor.
Would be nice to see though.
(But he is a guy.)
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:37 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2017
Posts: 45
Holy ̶s̶h̶i̶t̶!!!!! Σ(°ロ°)
I am super duper hyped for this!!! And I only watched episode 1! No wonder this is one of the top anime.
If you're reading reviews to see if it is good or not then let me tell you this: GO WATCH IT ALREADY, IT IS GOOD, no, IT'S VERY GOOD!!! (・`ω´・)
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
BlackZenith said:


Actual neuroscientist with Machine Learning skills here. It is actually very, VERY possible to imitate human emotions and behaviour if you have a sofisticated enough neural network encompassing the whole of CA4/CA1/EC/DG of hippocampus, dorsolateral prefrontal cortex for working memory, amygdala for emotions etc. You just need the relevant weights for the plasticity between the networks of each region, which would come from the "data" collected for Amadeus.


You said one of the crucial things. Plasticity. The brains synapses are fluid, not stationary, so that would be a problem with "converting to data". And yes, they didn't talk about amygdala, but I let it slide as temporal lobe. You are speaking as if everything about the brain is well known and that there are basically AI with emotions on our doorstep. If it was like that, psychiatric patients wouldn't be in such a unfavorable situation atm. I am M.D, if that is important for some reason.
Didn't really understand the weights part, but it doesn't sound too feasible to me.
Unless there has been some amazing breakthrough in the last couple of days, about which I haven't heard, science has a rough sketch about the way emotions work (location+neurotransmitters), the rest is pretty hazy. Memories=information I can somewhat buy, but emotions=information...
Not yet anyhow.

Don't assume they are 100% the same person, just like people evolve, the AI can theoretically take a very different path from the original too. Information you perceive can also somehow affect your personality.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
Aquamirror said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:


You said one of the crucial things. Plasticity. The brains synapses are fluid, not stationary, so that would be a problem with "converting to data". And yes, they didn't talk about amygdala, but I let it slide as temporal lobe. You are speaking as if everything about the brain is well known and that there are basically AI with emotions on our doorstep. If it was like that, psychiatric patients wouldn't be in such a unfavorable situation atm. I am M.D, if that is important for some reason.
Didn't really understand the weights part, but it doesn't sound too feasible to me.
Unless there has been some amazing breakthrough in the last couple of days, about which I haven't heard, science has a rough sketch about the way emotions work (location+neurotransmitters), the rest is pretty hazy. Memories=information I can somewhat buy, but emotions=information...
Not yet anyhow.

Don't assume they are 100% the same person, just like people evolve, the AI can theoretically take a very different path from the original too. Information you perceive can also somehow affect your personality.

Of course your experience shapes your character, but the problem here is how they would even collect emotions. Even if we can let memories slide as data, it would be wrong to call emotions something simplified as data on any level. Wouldn't you agree?
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2016
Posts: 8
Good thing I went back to rewatch both the movie and the Missing Link Special in light of this, holy shit all these tears n' feels. So goddamn excited, finally it's here! What a way to start off the show as well. Oh man. I'm certain this's gonna wreck me completely, defo not ready for what's in store. All hail Steins;Gate!
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Aquamirror said:

Don't assume they are 100% the same person, just like people evolve, the AI can theoretically take a very different path from the original too. Information you perceive can also somehow affect your personality.

Of course your experience shapes your character, but the problem here is how they would even collect emotions. Even if we can let memories slide as data, it would be wrong to call emotions something simplified as data on any level. Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, but these emotions might also come from the same data, links/contradictions between and knowing how a person acts in a specific situation then trying to copy that behavior.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
Aquamirror said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

Of course your experience shapes your character, but the problem here is how they would even collect emotions. Even if we can let memories slide as data, it would be wrong to call emotions something simplified as data on any level. Wouldn't you agree?

Yeah, but these emotions might also come from the same data, links/contradictions between and knowing how a person acts in a specific situation then trying to copy that behavior.

What you said would be true if we all behaved always the same way, but obviously, the same person can act and feel differently in similar situations, emotions are not impulse A+ impulse B=emotion 1, or people would be much more predictable than they really are.
(not in the same way as each other, but person A always as person A in the same situation)
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
Aquamirror said:

Yeah, but these emotions might also come from the same data, links/contradictions between and knowing how a person acts in a specific situation then trying to copy that behavior.

What you said would be true if we all behaved always the same way, but obviously, the same person can act and feel differently in similar situations, emotions are not impulse A+ impulse B=emotion 1, or people would be much more predictable than they really are.
(not in the same way as each other, but person A always as person A in the same situation)

The anime also knows this is a tough question, and the system itself is still under testing so even they don't fully understand what to expect from it, it makes for a good thinking about these themes. The next episode should show Amadeus in action and maybe explain or introduce more things you would wonder about.
Obviously you won't act the same way, and the AI won't either. It has the full data over what is deemed important and if the person against looks trusting enough, it tries to imitate what it knows.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 40
Was great episode, had the same feel as original SG so i got into it really quickly. Havent read manga but this episode slightly confused me, i thought that Kirusu got saved and ww3 was prevented by destorying time machine, i have a feeling this is slightly different time line then that at the end of original?
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:52 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2017
Posts: 617




Good first episode 7u7
Modified by FireCrauter, Apr 11, 2018 3:02 PM
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 1601
By the way, the animation seemed very different from that of the first season, maybe it has been too long and I don't remember clearly, but yeah, I felt it was very static and less emotionally investing...

The art seemed ok.

As for the writing of the episode in particular, it seemed ok, the situation as a whole is so different it weirds me out.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:54 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 325
They actually played the Amadeus opening from the VN. Holy shit! I thought they made a completely different opening for the anime. Or they probably just played it in the first episode only. Also great hearing all of the other soundtracks from the VN. Fantastic. It felt like I was actually playing the VN.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:54 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 2585
HPFusion said:
Was great episode, had the same feel as original SG so i got into it really quickly. Havent read manga but this episode slightly confused me, i thought that Kirusu got saved and ww3 was prevented by destorying time machine, i have a feeling this is slightly different time line then that at the end of original?

Watch episode 23 beta, it's what happens when Okabe gives up the first time and there's no one to help him from the future. This is what happened originally before the happy ending was achieved.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
Aquamirror said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

What you said would be true if we all behaved always the same way, but obviously, the same person can act and feel differently in similar situations, emotions are not impulse A+ impulse B=emotion 1, or people would be much more predictable than they really are.
(not in the same way as each other, but person A always as person A in the same situation)

The anime also knows this is a tough question, and the system itself is still under testing so even they don't fully understand what to expect from it, it makes for a good thinking about these themes. The next episode should show Amadeus in action and maybe explain or introduce more things you would wonder about.
Obviously you won't act the same way, and the AI won't either. It has the full data over what is deemed important and if the person against looks trusting enough, it tries to imitate what it knows.


All that I am saying is, that if they said that Makise has found a way to transfer memories+emotions into a machine, and left it at that, without any explanation, I wouldn't have said a thing, but here it seems that the explanation is poor, so I would be happier if there wasn't any. I don't know if that makes sense to you, but to me it does. :D
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:56 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 6855
Liravin said:
That PTSD scene was NOT okay IMO. The sound was apalling and the visuals instantly made me realize that whatever I'm watching here is clearly not Steins;Gate. It felt completely alien to me - someone who has watched Steins;Gate 6 times.
Definetely a failure.
It's not supposed to be Steins;Gate. Tonally, S;G 0 is a whole new thing, and the creators are aware of that. Okabe's a much more different person than he ever way, and some of the things he'll have to go through is horrifying. If you're expecting a similar experience as S;G, then prepare to be disappointed. S;G 0 has it's own style and its own direction. Only because it's different doesn't make it bad.
 
Apr 11, 2018 2:56 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2290
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
BlackZenith said:


Actual neuroscientist with Machine Learning skills here. It is actually very, VERY possible to imitate human emotions and behaviour if you have a sofisticated enough neural network encompassing the whole of CA4/CA1/EC/DG of hippocampus, dorsolateral prefrontal cortex for working memory, amygdala for emotions etc. You just need the relevant weights for the plasticity between the networks of each region, which would come from the "data" collected for Amadeus.


You said one of the crucial things. Plasticity. The brains synapses are fluid, not stationary, so that would be a problem with "converting to data". And yes, they didn't talk about amygdala, but I let it slide as temporal lobe. You are speaking as if everything about the brain is well known and that there are basically AI with emotions on our doorstep. If it was like that, psychiatric patients wouldn't be in such a unfavorable situation atm. I am M.D, if that is important for some reason.
Didn't really understand the weights part, but it doesn't sound too feasible to me.
Unless there has been some amazing breakthrough in the last couple of days, about which I haven't heard, science has a rough sketch about the way emotions work (location+neurotransmitters), the rest is pretty hazy. Memories=information I can somewhat buy, but emotions=information...
Not yet anyhow.


Emotions may not be information, but they're programs, or task activated by programs, that work with the information (memories) we receive or are stored within our brain.

They never said anything about the emotions being copied too, it's more probable that they managed to develop complex programs that can simulate emotion with enough accuracy to fool a human.
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.
 
Apr 11, 2018 3:00 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
HyperL said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:


You said one of the crucial things. Plasticity. The brains synapses are fluid, not stationary, so that would be a problem with "converting to data". And yes, they didn't talk about amygdala, but I let it slide as temporal lobe. You are speaking as if everything about the brain is well known and that there are basically AI with emotions on our doorstep. If it was like that, psychiatric patients wouldn't be in such a unfavorable situation atm. I am M.D, if that is important for some reason.
Didn't really understand the weights part, but it doesn't sound too feasible to me.
Unless there has been some amazing breakthrough in the last couple of days, about which I haven't heard, science has a rough sketch about the way emotions work (location+neurotransmitters), the rest is pretty hazy. Memories=information I can somewhat buy, but emotions=information...
Not yet anyhow.


Emotions may not be information, but they're programs, or task activated by programs, that work with the information (memories) we receive or are stored within our brain.

They never said anything about the emotions being copied too, it's more probable that they managed to develop complex programs that can simulate emotion with enough accuracy to fool a human.

I believe the exact words were "copied human emotions and memories". But i understand they may have thought copied like recreated, not like copy pasted.
I still don't think that science knows enough about emotions to be able to recreate them, that sounds like an even further stretch.
A AI with emotions that are programmed would be predictable in all situations, unlike humans.

Making a machine feel fear sounds somewhat feasible. Love? A thousand times no.
Modified by A_Haiku_Unloose, Apr 11, 2018 3:04 PM
 
Apr 11, 2018 3:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 66
Came here to say Stein's Gate FTW. 11/10
 
Apr 11, 2018 3:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2290
A_Haiku_Unloose said:
HyperL said:


Emotions may not be information, but they're programs, or task activated by programs, that work with the information (memories) we receive or are stored within our brain.

They never said anything about the emotions being copied too, it's more probable that they managed to develop complex programs that can simulate emotion with enough accuracy to fool a human.

I believe the exact words were "copied human emotions and memories". But i understand they may have thought copied like recreated, not like copy pasted.
I still don't think that science knows enough about emotions to be able to recreate them, that sounds like an even further stretch.
A AI with emotions that are programmed would be predictable in all situations, unlike humans.


Not if they're a self learning program. As the VN explains later, Amadeus is capable of editing it's own program to a certain extent, and it very much does so based on the information it receives.

Also the translation I watched say " A system which preserves human data as memories" and "it has feeling and memories, just like a human" but doesn't meantion said feeling being copied.
Modified by HyperL, Apr 11, 2018 3:10 PM
Thinking of sending me a friend request?

Before you do it, please check the 'Friend request' section of my profile.
 
Apr 11, 2018 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
HyperL said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

I believe the exact words were "copied human emotions and memories". But i understand they may have thought copied like recreated, not like copy pasted.
I still don't think that science knows enough about emotions to be able to recreate them, that sounds like an even further stretch.
A AI with emotions that are programmed would be predictable in all situations, unlike humans.


Not if they're a self learning program. As the VN explains later, Amadeus is capable of editing it's own program to a certain extent, and it very much does so based on the information it receives.

Well that there is definitely some SF, can't argue with that, really.
 
Apr 11, 2018 3:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 162
A great 1st episode!
Thx White Fox !!
I'm VN reader and I like how they add the ost of VN and The Ed -Amadues-!!
I can't wait for the next ep ..
 
Apr 11, 2018 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 597
HyperL said:
A_Haiku_Unloose said:

I believe the exact words were "copied human emotions and memories". But i understand they may have thought copied like recreated, not like copy pasted.
I still don't think that science knows enough about emotions to be able to recreate them, that sounds like an even further stretch.
A AI with emotions that are programmed would be predictable in all situations, unlike humans.


Not if they're a self learning program. As the VN explains later, Amadeus is capable of editing it's own program to a certain extent, and it very much does so based on the information it receives.

Also the translation I watched say " A system which preserves human data as memories" and "it has feeling and memories, just like a human" but doesn't meantion said feeling being copied.

Well, I guess we will wait for the next episode to see more information about the program, it was only a couple of sentences so far, after all, you reserve your right to believe it is plausible, and I reserve mine not to. :)
 
Top
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »