Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2018 6:20 AM
Jan 2017
I just noticed that earlier Pulse was denied for being an unpublished webtoon, but Pulse should fit all the criteria. The criteria states that webtoons may be added if they're listed on a reputable website, which Pulse is. As far as I'm aware Pulse is also getting printed, so why does it keep getting denied from the database? It's a great Yuri manhwa and it's a shame that it can't be listed just because it's a webtoon, even though it's more popular then many official manga and should fit all the criteria. It's also listed on multiple manga sites so I don't see why it isn't eligible for MAL.
ManyNootsApr 11, 2018 6:27 AM
Apr 11, 2018 8:08 AM

Oct 2013
From what I can tell, Pulse is an OEL/OFL and therefore it will not be added into MAL's database. It was originally published as an English/Foreign language (besides Japanese/Korean/Chinese) webtoon which was then translated into the Korean language. Furthermore, Pulse does not appear to be professionally published in Korea, which further rules out its eligibility in MAL's database. The author of this webtoon is independently selling printed copies; however, it is not affiliated with a reputable publishing company of its respective market (i.e., Korea). Also, don't get confused as Lezhin is not a publishing company.

Hope that helps you understand why it might have been denied.
Dec 29, 2018 5:14 PM
Nov 2018
Even if it is not allowed, Pulse was amazing. Just breathtaking. I just finished it and my heart is so happy.
Jun 4, 2019 8:32 PM
Aug 2010
a pity this isn't approved, I'd like to add it to my list of read. Was a fun read. Good read imo.
Feb 10, 2023 1:10 PM
Dec 2021
It should be here.
Feb 15, 2023 8:44 AM

Nov 2013
hola088 said:
It should be here.
Why though?
You all need to watch Nami.

May 9, 2023 3:27 PM

Mar 2008
It's being released officially in the US by Seven Seas. Anything officially published by a reputable company should be in the database. What's the point of a data base if it doesn't have things that can be legally purchased and read.
May 9, 2023 9:19 PM

Jan 2017
razisgosu said:
It's being released officially in the US by Seven Seas. Anything officially published by a reputable company should be in the database. What's the point of a data base if it doesn't have things that can be legally purchased and read.

A database is bound to have strict rules to maintain some consistency.
MAL has choosen to limit its own to Japanese , Chinese & Korean works.

Here , we are talking about a Thai Webcomics , so it's denied by default.
You just have to go to a database who specialize in such works , or have less stricter rules. (Like MangaUpdates , or you can simply use your About Me on MAL to list it.)
Note that your argument of "Anything officially published by a reputable company should be in the database" would also apply to Marvel Comics. Do we want them on here ? No.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 12, 2023 8:36 PM

Mar 2008
Alexioos95 said:
razisgosu said:

You just have to go to a database who specialize in such works , or have less stricter rules. (Like MangaUpdates , or you can simply use your About Me on MAL to list it.)
Note that your argument of "Anything officially published by a reputable company should be in the database" would also apply to Marvel Comics. Do we want them on here ? No.

Comics aren't manga, so that's kinda obvious.
Alexioos95 said:
razisgosu said:

Well obvious we don't want american comics on here. They're not even remotely related to manga. Far as I can tell this should satisfy the database requirements. This thread is from 2018 and the rules were updated in 2022, maybe someone just needs to try again to submit.

I.1 Country of Origin
Works must be created:

in Japan for the Japanese market (Manga)
    in Korea for the Korean market (Manhwa)
    in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan for their respective markets (Manhua)

On Web (digitally) via:

1.2.7 Web manga platform owned by a print publisher
    Manga and one-shots released on a digital manga platform owned by a print publisher.
        Includes series released in digital magazines.
        Includes official publisher pages on other digital platforms (e.g. Gene pixiv, Niconico Yuri Hime).
        Excludes digital platforms primarily containing user-generated content (e.g. Shounen Jump Rookie, Days Neo).

I.2.8 Webcomic platform owned by a digital publisher
    Series released on webcomic/webtoon platforms by digital publishing companies may be allowed if the platform is deemed to meet professional standards after internal review.
        Whitelist as of July 2022: Cycomics, GANMA!, KakaoPage, Lezhin Comics Webtoon, Naver Webtoon
        For now, the series must be exclusive to the whitelisted platform when it begins serialization.
        Please refrain from submitting series that are not translated in English. This will help us process high-priority entries that many members want to add to their lists. Submissions of untranslated webtoons may be denied to improve queue visibility.
May 12, 2023 11:07 PM

Jan 2017
razisgosu said:
Works must be created:

in Japan for the Japanese market (Manga)
    in Korea for the Korean market (Manhwa)
    in China, Hong Kong, and Taiwan for their respective markets (Manhua)

Pulse is a Webcomics from Thailand , so it doesn't meet this one , which is the most important.
If it was a Japan , Korean or Chinese comics , it would indeed be added , as it was published on Lezhin.

You can always try to submit it , but i'm confident it'll get denied anyway.
I'd personally just track it with the About Me , or MangaUpdates.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Feb 10, 8:55 AM
Dec 2020
what a shame :/ I'd be happy to end to my list and it was a solid 9 for me

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

131 by nerfsunny »»
1 hour ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7686 by Barbaduk »»
Yesterday, 11:45 PM

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Apr 19

0 by Uutama »»
Apr 19, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Apr 18, 7:52 PM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.