Forum Settings
Forums
Apr 11, 2018 6:20 AM
I just noticed that earlier Pulse was denied for being an unpublished webtoon, but Pulse should fit all the criteria. The criteria states that webtoons may be added if they're listed on a reputable website, which Pulse is. As far as I'm aware Pulse is also getting printed, so why does it keep getting denied from the database? It's a great Yuri manhwa and it's a shame that it can't be listed just because it's a webtoon, even though it's more popular then many official manga and should fit all the criteria. It's also listed on multiple manga sites so I don't see why it isn't eligible for MAL.
Modified by ManyNoots, Apr 11, 2018 6:27 AM

Apr 11, 2018 8:08 AM
Manga Moderator
From what I can tell, Pulse is an OEL/OFL and therefore it will not be added into MAL's database. It was originally published as an English/Foreign language (besides Japanese/Korean/Chinese) webtoon which was then translated into the Korean language. Furthermore, Pulse does not appear to be professionally published in Korea, which further rules out its eligibility in MAL's database. The author of this webtoon is independently selling printed copies; however, it is not affiliated with a reputable publishing company of its respective market (i.e., Korea). Also, don't get confused as Lezhin is not a publishing company.

Hope that helps you understand why it might have been denied.

Dec 29, 2018 5:14 PM
Even if it is not allowed, Pulse was amazing. Just breathtaking. I just finished it and my heart is so happy.

Jun 4, 8:32 PM
a pity this isn't approved, I'd like to add it to my list of read. Was a fun read. Good read imo.