Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 10, 2018 10:00 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh new OP song! Not bad. It has the usual comedy gags and filled with energy. They're also really giving that Mikoto girl a lot of screentime this season :o

Those maid outfits though...very cute.
Apr 10, 2018 3:14 PM

Apr 2012
Not just not bad, it's divine. Although I have some feeling that they just decided to save on animation, lol. By the way, only me it seems, that this episode and the new ED tried to add material for shiping?

Apr 10, 2018 4:22 PM

Sep 2015
New OP can't say anything about it

So? what did Saiki do to them?

Boy and Girl

Where all those people coming from? lol

Saiki is training and he still failed to do it? so Mob is stonger? and is he talking about Krakatoa?

New ED The World Psi God Only Knows.
Into the Internet!
Apr 11, 2018 12:21 AM

Dec 2011
So we finally got the main plot of the whole manga and Saiki is repeating the year to save the world by trying to stop that eruption.
Saiki was badass when he confront these debt collectors trash and i just don't want to know what he did to traumatized them.
Apr 11, 2018 12:43 AM
May 2014
love the new OP and ED.

Jerky dance movements in the OP ( low budget animation?) fits this wacky show well lol

omg Saiki in the ED is wearing the costume of the legendary, world record breaking, super popular Japanese figure skater- yuzuru hanyu

amazing episode like always! Look when he dealt with those debt collectors, Saiki is such a badass! i am a bit torn about who i should ship Saiki with- Kokomi or Aiura. I am starting to like Aiura more and more since she is truly a nice girl who would help her friend in need

Is there any way to make embedded photos smaller using BBCodes? the source photos are just too large. I am fairly new in using and posting on forum, any help would be appreciated. Sorry for being off topic
sakurayouApr 11, 2018 1:13 AM
Apr 11, 2018 2:13 AM

Feb 2018
ZBlastHistory said:
New OP can't say anything about it

So? what did Saiki do to them?

Boy and Girl

Where all those people coming from? lol

Saiki is training and he still failed to do it? so Mob is stonger? and is he talking about Krakatoa?

New ED The World Psi God Only Knows.

Yea mob is stronger but Saiki powers are more diverse
Apr 11, 2018 8:44 AM
Jan 2018
Where do you guys see it. My only reliable source doesn’t update the new episode.
Apr 11, 2018 3:01 PM

Feb 2014
Mako-senp said:
Where do you guys see it. My only reliable source doesn’t update the new episode.

Depends on what languages you can speak/read. The raws are up and so are Chinese subs.

All the rainbow is reminding me of that one ep in Vatican detectives:

Apr 12, 2018 8:03 PM
Aug 2015
Haha I think I started to like Aiura.
The new ending song is really good.
Apr 13, 2018 7:09 PM
Sep 2010
sakurayou said:
love the new OP and ED.

Jerky dance movements in the OP ( low budget animation?) fits this wacky show well lol

omg Saiki in the ED is wearing the costume of the legendary, world record breaking, super popular Japanese figure skater- yuzuru hanyu

amazing episode like always! Look when he dealt with those debt collectors, Saiki is such a badass! i am a bit torn about who i should ship Saiki with- Kokomi or Aiura. I am starting to like Aiura more and more since she is truly a nice girl who would help her friend in need

Is there any way to make embedded photos smaller using BBCodes? the source photos are just too large. I am fairly new in using and posting on forum, any help would be appreciated. Sorry for being off topic

holy shit i didnt realise it was parodying that lmaooo
god i love this show
Apr 14, 2018 5:45 PM

Sep 2015
So Mera-chan will be able to eat decent meals from now on right? Good!
This is possible the best saiki end ever? What a perfect messy duet!

And Saiki is repeating the same year over and over that explaing a lot of Young / Shounen Jump series. XD

Apr 14, 2018 5:47 PM

Jan 2012
New opening and ending! Well the new ending was better, but the first opening was much better than this one imo. Oh well, still not particularly bad or anything. Anyway starting off with a two parter featuring the two best girls with the biggest, most beautiful tits, Chisato and Aiura! XD Glad Chisato reunited with her dad. Saiki you tsundere! XD Then a look at his dad's job as editor(with easily the funniest moment of the episode for me: his mom screaming/thinking he'd died when finding his body he left via astral projection), flower viewing, and training! Quite the bombshell was revealed with that volcano and the time rewinds. I wonder if that will be addressed again as our finale at the end of the series. Man though, Saiki's training was impressive. And it got me thinking he could probably take out all the big shonen heavyweights with his powers!
Apr 14, 2018 7:44 PM
Dec 2016
So basically many people around the Saiki world died 4 times and came back to life already :o
Apr 14, 2018 7:46 PM

Jul 2015
Well, today I replayed the OP 10 times instead of 5 as usual before I finally started the episode, the new OP is too freaking good, time to put my hands up again (Saiki x Death Parade crossover when?)

They made the worst possible decision getting Saiki angry.

He can say all he wants but he cares so much for his friends, now Mera and her dad are safe (and still without money).

If your favorite manga goes to shit, check if Saiki's dad became the editor of it.

Why observe the cherry blossoms when you can observe Teruhashi instead, offu.

The last part was really important in terms of story, Saiki has been rewinding everything to a year before with his restoration power + mindcontrol to make it look normal until he can get to stop the volcano from erupting. Also... can I remind how absurdly overpowered Saiki is again? He's literally controlling the progress of the Earth, what a monster.

And if the episode wasn't already perfect, god, the new ED is too good, Teruhashi is right once again as well.

Put your hands up~
Apr 14, 2018 8:37 PM

Jul 2017
Very nice episode.

I'm glad they introduced some sort of story near the end of this episode. Really interesting.
Apr 14, 2018 8:43 PM

Apr 2013
sakurayou said:
love the new OP and ED.

Omg, I was thinking exactly the same thing about the costume of the ending, glad I wasnt the only one.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 14, 2018 9:13 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode.

Was nice seeing Mera reunite with her Dad. Saiki's a softie at heart. XD

The manga editing stuff was priceless. XD

Kokomi is the ultimate spot claimer. XD
Saiki and his training was pretty impressive but damn I did not expect that Volcano plotline.
Apr 14, 2018 10:15 PM

Jul 2016
I don't know if the manga develops the love rivalry between Mikoto and Kokomi further, but that new ending is amazing. listening to Ai Kayano, who's my favorite seiyuu of all time, singing like that is a pleasure to me.
Apr 14, 2018 10:51 PM
Jul 2016
This show keeps getting better each week. All the segments were top notch. Plus new ED is godly.
Apr 15, 2018 1:03 AM

Dec 2015
I don't like the new OP, but the ED is good, it might even hold up to the last ED.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 15, 2018 1:43 AM

Mar 2017
We got Saiki saving the world (again), Mera is always funny, and the other stories were hilarious, too! And holy shit, that ED was crazy indeed. I love it!

brb adding Mikoto to my favorites again. I love that girl!
Apr 15, 2018 2:22 AM

May 2015
Aiura is best girl...fight me oof army.
Apr 15, 2018 2:36 AM

Jan 2016
The new ED is great but I got mixed feelings on the opening... the dancing looks jank (and kinda stupid if I'm being honest) but the circling chibis are pretty cute and the song grows on you after a little while. All in all this was still a great episode though! The Silent Cyborg skit was soooo relatable
Apr 15, 2018 2:54 AM

Jun 2016
I love the new OP and ED. Ohmygod. Haha. I miss seeing chibi Saiki. Haha. Another priceless episode, I can't even choose which scene is my favorite. Lmfao.

Saiki channelling Spongebob in the ED, though. Hahaha. The new ED is the best ED of Saiki Kusuo no Psi Nan for me so far.

I guess you can say that Saiki's dad is just like the epitome of Usagi Drop's editor. Hahaha. How I wish we had Saiki years ago before the release of the 2nd volume of Usagi Drop.

I somehow think that Saiki is the most powerful anime character without his control device. The man can turn back time without the knowledge of everyone. Jeez. And we don't even know how powerful he really is. Saitama can choke. Goku can choke. Haha.

5/5. <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Apr 15, 2018 4:35 AM

Jan 2018
Worst OP in the anime yet (although the other ones were awesome so that doesn't say much) yeah i can only describe it as ehhhhhhh... first 2 mini episodes were ok best part was saiki scaring those debt collectors. matsumura-san LMAO dude wth. saiki is essentially a god if you think about it he changes the world without anyone knowing and can perform miracles that's like the definition of a god
"That is why I prefer using you two pistols. There is symmetry to wielding you two, right?
(Getting aggravated) But when you two are in human form, your hairstyles and your heights are completely different...
(Grabs their breasts) Even your cup sizes are completely different!"
Death the Kid, Shinigami

Apr 15, 2018 7:39 AM

Apr 2016
That OP is horrendous, this isn't a shitty unfunny lucky star tier anime where the joke is simply a loud noise or a reference, this is a clever funny anime where the joke doesn't simply rely on the characters it is written in with a set up and punchline. It is funny on paper. That OP suggests its some shit tier moe anime that has no substance and only has fans because there are pedophiles in the world.

Anyway, more Makoto, every episode needs a cut scene with Makoto, and Saiki and her have to end up together. That's a rule.
Apr 15, 2018 7:48 AM
Sep 2014

Saiki in savage mode. Training scene was a nice touch.
Apr 15, 2018 8:36 AM

Feb 2016
Do you have a minute to talk about our Lord and Saviour Saiki Kusuo?

He has been trying to save Japan from annihilation for the past 4 years by his own.
#Respect.. And yet, he isn't strong enough. Looks like he can control himself (kinda) without one of his antennas now, that's good I guess... I wonder how will it be if he takes them both... probably too much power to handle

The OP is alright, but is not something of my liking, still I found the OP to be funny as Saiki is there like "what the fuck are they doing?"

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Apr 15, 2018 8:41 AM

Jan 2013
New OP, but i think i will miss the other one. Better wait a few weeks to see if i will like this OP or not.
The training scene was really cool, watching Saiki being OP without any restrictions xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 15, 2018 8:54 AM

Jan 2014
I laugh my ass off when the debt collector trying to own Saiki but got owned instead.

also, Saiki mighty powers can't even stop the big erruption.
Apr 15, 2018 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
Flawless as always.
Apr 15, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2013
Don't like the new OP. Funny episode as always.

If Saiki is really only using mind control without reversing their physical body back, then that would mean a 4-5 yr old kid is treated as a baby in daycare? lol
Apr 15, 2018 4:29 PM

Apr 2013
Haha, another loop. GG

Apr 15, 2018 8:17 PM

Jan 2011
Saiki singing in the ED caught me off guard. Brilliant, even if it's actually just him using his powers to make them think he's singing, actually that makes it even better.
Apr 15, 2018 9:09 PM
Mar 2017
In the opening when Saiki looks at the motivated characters raising their hands, he sure thinks: "these annoying idiots"

11:33 LOL HAHA, the mother watching the body of the son
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Apr 15, 2018 9:16 PM
Apr 2016
Great episode. Just like couple weeks ago I questioned why Saiki has so many New Year episodes, and this week that question is answered
Apr 15, 2018 9:49 PM

Aug 2013
That last part lol. so if he looped his second year 4 times already. then hes actually either 21 or 22
Edit: his character page says hes 15 originally so hes now 19 i guess
BlueTurtleMasterApr 15, 2018 9:53 PM
Apr 15, 2018 10:07 PM

Jan 2015
That explanation... He should do it for the last episode. -_-
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 15, 2018 11:08 PM

Dec 2016
ZBlastHistory said:

xShinigami3125 said:

Well, he still had one limiter device on his head. So I don't think it lets any possible comparison to Mob.

EDIT:look at "weaknesses" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
vikki_asaApr 25, 2018 7:43 AM
Apr 16, 2018 1:54 AM
Jun 2016
So the Japan we see when Saiki went to the to the Saiki-less timeline (in an early episode) is the aftermath of the eruption?

Tbh it wasn't that bad...
Apr 16, 2018 3:20 AM
Oct 2015
The new opening and ending are 'weird' and rather unique and at first, for the opening I wasn't reading the subtitles and I legitimately thought that the lyrics had "Put your pants on" in it. I'm glad I just heard the lyrics incorrectly.
Heckle was here...
Apr 16, 2018 5:21 AM

Feb 2018
vikki_tofu said:
ZBlastHistory said:

xShinigami3125 said:

Well, he still had one limiter device on his head. So I don't think it lets any possible comparison to Mob.

Well I am pretty sure Mob would still be stronger because in the later fights in the Manga he is almost like a God
Apr 16, 2018 8:12 AM

Jan 2008
New OP I found rather silly. Amusing to hear the ED with Kamiya singing with a completely different tone than he voices with Saiki.

The JoJo references felt a bit out of place. Needed more posing.
Apr 16, 2018 11:43 AM

Jun 2015
the scene where saiki did something Very Ominous to the debt collectors was great, and i always love aiura, her and kaidou are totally my faves <3. i'm glad mera will maybe finally have something to eat!!! the manga editor thing was also great, saiki's dad is as incompetent as ever. i can def relate to saiki being pissed in that situation lmao. also the astral projection bit when his mom freaks out was GREAT. kaidou getting super intense abt flower viewing was funny af too. volcano thing was also an interesting explanation? as absurd as i expected from saiki k. the whole training scene was just hilarious to me tbh. for me this show is good at making u realize how much u actually care abt the characters at pivotal moments, and i feel like when hes finally strong enough to stop it (if they even continue this plotline and it isn't just a one-off gag) there's def gonna be an "Oh. Oh shit." moment where he realizes his maybe a bit too crazy 2nd year of high school is gonna come to an end... ;-;

i really don't like the new op tbh?? psilent prisoner was fantastic and this one just doesn't sound good at all. also, the jerky animation just looks... wrong. sometimes jerky animation can work stylistically, but it just felt very obvious that this was because of budget constraints. i don't think this one will grow on me, kinda like saiki k season 1s first op (which also sucked LMAO). ending theme was pretty funny tho! tbh i don't ship saiki with anyone because he kinda has the Romantic and Sexual Urges of a Plant, but i do maybe ship aiura and teruhashi a little after this ed?? (that would probably be the best possible outcome for saiki, huh. aiura and teruhashi together, chiyo and kaidou together, and nobody trying to bother him anymore.)

overall pretty solid episode!
Apr 16, 2018 4:01 PM

Aug 2015
Loved the episode, love the new ED. The new opening was horrible, though.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Apr 16, 2018 4:49 PM

Jun 2017
New OP sucks imo but ED is really nice
Season 2 gets better with each episode

Saiki isn't strong enough to defeat the volcano yet...Makes me wonder if the story will ever go past that point
Apr 16, 2018 11:12 PM

Oct 2008
A lesser funny episode but it was hilarious nevertheless!
New OP was nice but the ED was on spot because its Aiura vs Teruhashi x Saiki themed ED visuals!
5/5.

Apr 17, 2018 5:41 AM
Jul 2015
Who's snatching who?! God this show is amazing. Still no kajikaji though :(
Apr 17, 2018 7:14 AM

Jul 2009
New OP is super cute with the dancing but the whole time I heard “put your pants up” xD
Apr 17, 2018 8:44 PM

Jun 2013
Holy shit that was Saiki's VA singing in the ED. XD
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Similar Anime?

Katrinajran - Jul 26, 2022

27 by JVskunkape »»
Jan 7, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 13, 2018

66 by falko92 »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:35 AM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) 2 Episode 24 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

44 by ilovezeke »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:58 PM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2018

63 by senekohan »»
Nov 15, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan (TV) 2 Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 15, 2018

71 by hanyuhi16 »»
Sep 3, 2023 6:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.