Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2018 12:16 AM

Feb 2014
I was actually convinced that Saiko was a proper loli, but her rather large breasts says otherwise. Still seeing her ragequit while playing on her PSP and being a big glutton was certainly amusing. ^_^

Either way, I think this episode was a very good improvement over the first episode, mostly in terms of pacing. It gave more scenes a better chance to breath and made it more enjoyable to watch. The highlight for me was Haise and Touka's meeting at the coffee shop. The good use of the ost here made the scene really sweet. =)

So I hope that, although I won't hold my breath, if Pierrot sticks to this pace, the future episodes should be good and enjoyable too.
Apr 11, 2018 1:04 AM

Jul 2015
Anime is fine but i really don't like the art and how the characters are drawn. They don't even look the same :(
Apr 11, 2018 1:26 AM
Jan 2015
bobzanny said:
Also wasn't fond of nutcracker's sfx, seemed more goofy than terrifying.

That and the sfx when orochi did his 'come get me' hand gesture in the beginning was goofy and cartoony, it's hilarious.
Apr 11, 2018 1:35 AM

Feb 2009
Slower pacing and this episode is already better then the first one. Finally some Arima action and we can see more of Akira.
Saiko :D My favourite Qs (Shirazu is closed second), the ham scene was funny. Sadly my favourite moment with her will not be in this season ;(
Spoiler for anime only (or people who didn't read chapter 112):

Also why Tohkas hair is the same color as in normal TG? Her hair should be light blue... So in next season (if there will be one) we will not see

They introduced Kijima and Furuta earlier then manga, but thats ok. Also VA for Kijima fits him perfectly.
Nutcracker scene was the same as in manga from what I can tell, so for all of you with BDSM fetish it is a thing to be happy about.
But when Haise ordered Quinx to stand back during Orochi fight he suppoused to have hole in his stomach, so there is some degree of censorship in this episode.
Overall ok episode, I hope they keep pacing up in the futre episodes.
Also music is good (but TG and Root A had good OST too).

And next episode ... Sasako xD
Apr 11, 2018 1:37 AM

Nov 2014
Can someone @ me the 'basic' idea of this seasons plot. 2 episodes in and im at an impasse if I want to continue watching this series.

I read the TG manga and haven't watched S2. There is something wrong while watching this from my pov.
Apr 11, 2018 1:51 AM
Oct 2017
tooooooooouuukaaaaaaaaaa <3
Apr 11, 2018 1:53 AM

Feb 2015
They nailed the kaneki X touka part..loved it, the pacing was also good. Nice build up episode. They should have included minor characteristics..like putting hand on chin part.
I just loved touka's smile.. even in anime she looks she has matured a lot.
Overall nice episode ... The song at touka was so good with feels.. rating will surely go up from this episode onward.
Apr 11, 2018 1:54 AM

Feb 2015
MantaBaby said:
Can someone @ me the 'basic' idea of this seasons plot. 2 episodes in and im at an impasse if I want to continue watching this series.

I read the TG manga and haven't watched S2. There is something wrong while watching this from my pov.

u have read the whole TG manga?
It is set after 2 years ..from the anteiku raid incident. And the story unfolds from the CCG perspective now.
Apr 11, 2018 2:08 AM

Jun 2016
ooo... i like how kaneki is RANK SS... superb
Apr 11, 2018 2:25 AM
Sep 2015
Well, the pacing was really good... Really enjoyed the episode
Apr 11, 2018 2:33 AM
Apr 2018
They are not skipping chapters so its somehow to say that RE will have more seasons ... Just like S1 and S2 were taken from TG.. Pierrot isn't Dumb to rush this whole master piece in 12 episodes .
Apr 11, 2018 2:51 AM

Aug 2016
A lot of things missing here but it was pretty good.
I really wanted to see Haise calling Mado "mom". XD

Really glad to see that they added a few more scenes rather than stopping the episode where Haise sees Touka like in the manga.

Set by SenpieX
Apr 11, 2018 2:52 AM
Oct 2015
Looks like we got to see a bunch of familiar faces today :D from the original series.
It appears they also slowed it down a bit in regards to pacing.
Heckle was here...
Apr 11, 2018 3:22 AM

Dec 2016
Remembering good old memories watching TG :) ! was a nice ep
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 11, 2018 3:40 AM
Dec 2016
I just got one question will there be another psycho moment for kaneki
Like when he turned to a kakuja and was kinda badass all of the sudden
Apr 11, 2018 3:43 AM

Aug 2015
It was better than EP 1 pacing wise, but I still think it's far from perfect in that regard. Animation still looks scuffed in some scenes as well. I dislike how they've not gone with Touka's Fluffy hairstyle like in the manga which is supposed to be a mirror of Haise's fluffy hair feels very lazy from Pierrot but that's classic Pierrot.

All in all, I think this ep was a 6.9/10 with ep 1 being a 6.7/10 I'd say the :Re anime is set to be very similar in quality to season 1 of Tokyo Ghoul. Root A, on the other hand, is like a 4/10 it should be forgotten it's totally terrible even from an anime original perspective.

“Many a book is like a key to unknown chambers within the castle of one’s own self.” ― Franz Kafka
Apr 11, 2018 3:44 AM
Dec 2017
when I've watched 1 episode I thought it'll going to be boring but when i watched 2 ep then i change my thought because I think kaneki and sahashi are same and touka is alive
Apr 11, 2018 3:50 AM

Dec 2012
Toukaaaaa, looks gorgeous as ever! With the addition that BGM, perfect!
Apr 11, 2018 4:02 AM

Jan 2015
I like this season more than the previous. I am starting to like Urie more.
Sasaki when he saw Touka. T^T
Apr 11, 2018 4:04 AM
Apr 2018
I don't have much to say, but i liked this episode far more better than the first one, tho. It was really nice to Touka.
Apr 11, 2018 5:23 AM

Nov 2009
Glad to see Touka again. Haise is obviously Kaneki. When will he get his memories back?
'America is a stolen country'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SM8WZ0ztMuc

Zapredon said:
It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.

Totally agree!

Apr 11, 2018 5:31 AM
Dec 2017
Amazing! I wish I could travel to the future to a day where all the episodes are out so I can watch em' like a glutton :)
The pacing of episode improved. Nice to see some familiar characters. Amazing coffee shop scene.
Apr 11, 2018 6:06 AM

Oct 2008
The moment that Touka showed-up, it made my day complete and the whole episode much better!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2018 6:30 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
surprisingly i didnt hate that episode.
Definitly a step-up from the first episode, but i dont expect it to be that way for the entirety of the series.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Apr 11, 2018 7:34 AM
Aug 2017
It mad me cry just like sasaki in the ending scene.
Apr 11, 2018 8:01 AM

Jun 2015
animation is so bad it hurts my eyes or maybe i expected too much :(

Apr 11, 2018 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
Good follow up but still very confusing for anime only watchers.
This was a powerful episode that didn't cram too many chapters in which is good!
My girl Touka's hair is messed up compared to the re manga which is okay but im still disappointed at her artwork.

Apr 11, 2018 8:52 AM
Nov 2017

This episode is way better than the first one simply because it doesn't skip to much of the manga, there is a little change in the order of some parts but it's okay. I hope that the next episodes don't skip to much of the manga.
Also, compared to the previous episode, this episode only covered 3 chapters of the manga while ep 1 covered 6 chapters.
Apr 11, 2018 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
And so the love triangle between Haise, Kaneki and Touka was born at that day :´)
Also nishiki you are doing all wrong, you are supposed to kick him and at the same time say "Ora ora ora ora" seriously you had one job...
Apr 11, 2018 9:17 AM
Jan 2016
Oh my God, Nishiki, Touka, Yomo, Ayato...my Tokyo Ghoul season 1 and 2 memories were flowing back...the last scene is more than enough, I really miss Touka...Tokyo Ghoul re makes me want to rewatch season 1 and 2 hahaha. Come on Urie and Saiko, do your job properly, don't hurt Kaneki more than this hahaha. So far so good, really enjoying this.
Apr 11, 2018 9:52 AM
Apr 2018
Do you guys know about that background music when Touka shows up????
Please send me the link.........that moment was real lit❤️❤️🔥
Please send the link if u know about that background music
Or just send the name of that music
Apr 11, 2018 10:07 AM

Dec 2009
When Touka and Kaneki saw each other my throat caught my breath

That is love right there. Please remember Kaneki
Apr 11, 2018 10:36 AM
Sep 2016
Anyone know the song that was played at the end?
Apr 11, 2018 11:57 AM

Apr 2012
This is already way cooler than the whole second season. I actually have high hopes.
Btw, Touka is not an edgy teenager anymore, what a time to be alive! xD
Apr 11, 2018 12:29 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. The pacing of this episode is better than ep 1.

Apr 11, 2018 12:35 PM
Mar 2016
Whoa, is Hiase actually kaneki??????

Man with only five members of quinx Haise's squad kinda looks dysfunctional/
Apr 11, 2018 12:40 PM

Jun 2017
Saiko proves why she is best girl lol. Also she is seriously packed despite her height...

TsundeReaper said:
I thought Saiko was a loli until I saw her bewbies I'm disappointed af

Is she a midget or something?

She is still a loli, just the type with big boobs. It might come as a surprise to you but loli has several sub-types.
MomoSinXApr 11, 2018 12:45 PM
Apr 11, 2018 12:54 PM

Jul 2016
Seems like a better pacing, and 3 chapters. Good to see less chapters, I would like to see this kind of pacing on the upcoming episodes, or even better pacing. Last scene was a touching one, seeing it at second time still left me with a bittersweet feeling. Nice insert song anyone who knows the title?
Apr 11, 2018 1:12 PM

Sep 2014
I wanted to say that I enjoyed the episode a lot but all I could think of was "after all the edge in naruto, Sasuke has went to Tokyou Edge?"

I havent followed the manga, so Im an anime only watcher, but can someone please spoil me if Kaneki will actually reappear for good or if the story follows side characters and idk how to call him but "fake kaneki" all the time, only for kaneki to come back in the cliffhanger ending? I dont really want to waste my time on an story where the MC disappears just like that.

I really enjoyed the old TG, so I have still some hope for this, even after root a
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Apr 11, 2018 1:38 PM

May 2014
The story develops so silently and slowly, the pace really goes against the style of the series..
The conversation of Urie and kuroiwa was a bit different, cut short, the chatting with Mutsuki and Shirazu was replaced by some irrelevant stuff instead of foreshadowing.. Meh. Though the focus on Mutsuki when Haise saw Touka was appreciated (Even though it's such a small detail) I would have rather had all those stuff instead of the prolonged scene with Touka, tho it was pretty good so I'm not too disappointed.
Haise character traits being taken out is disappointing though.

But definately an improvement and I'm okay with it adapting the story like this. Don't wanna get my hopes up though cuz we know what they're adapting of course, but I'll take what I can get of decent episodes like these.

Apr 11, 2018 2:33 PM

Sep 2010
Oh gosh, their reunion! Let me sit and cry for a bit
I can't wait to see what next episode brings
Apr 11, 2018 2:58 PM

Jun 2013
Touka is back!!!!
Apr 11, 2018 3:14 PM

Feb 2015
Ooh, a lot went down this episode. Seeing some familiar characters was great. Ken coming through, so cool. And then Sasaki saw Touka. Wow, didn't expect to get that so soon!

Slight worry: Touka's brother is asking for Sasaki. This makes it seem like they'll be taking the events of Root A through - where Ken actually joined Aogiri. Definitely don't want that! Root A should be forgotten.

But yes this is getting interesting so far.
Apr 11, 2018 3:55 PM

Aug 2014
I have 2 questions, is the aogiri tree the one with touka and former kaneki?
how many chapters did the anime cover so far?
"Even if it has good reviews, if I don't like it then it is shit"

-Some random anime character
Apr 11, 2018 4:06 PM

Nov 2014
SKYWALKER08 said:
MantaBaby said:

It is set after 2 years ..from the anteiku raid incident. And the story unfolds from the CCG perspective now.

That's what I wanted to know from which POV this story is going. CCG POV then, no wonder I can't understand how this show coincides with the TG manga continuation. I read it fyi. Didn't read TG:re and watch TG S2 tho.
Apr 11, 2018 4:23 PM
Dec 2014
Supposedly a russian tv station got word from studio that its suppose to be 24 episodes first cour is 12 then a haitus before the 2nd cour of first re season
Apr 11, 2018 4:46 PM

Dec 2017
Mezo-RPWPA said:
I have 2 questions, is the aogiri tree the one with touka and former kaneki?
how many chapters did the anime cover so far?
I don't get your first question. Did you mean whether Tonka and Ken joined Aogiri Tree or not? If so, they didn't. They opposed it, Anteiku opposed it.

We got 6 on the first episode, and 3 on the second. Thus, 9 chapters so far. If it goes with this trend (highly unlikely), we'll get 10x3 =30 chapters more to cover, and total of 39 chapters for this season. While the OP theme hints us at chapter 59.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 11, 2018 6:55 PM
Sep 2017
already tired of haise sasaki
Apr 11, 2018 7:08 PM

Oct 2013
This is so much better than the source material.
Apr 11, 2018 7:51 PM

Feb 2015
MantaBaby said:
SKYWALKER08 said:

That's what I wanted to know from which POV this story is going. CCG POV then, no wonder I can't understand how this show coincides with the TG manga continuation. I read it fyi. Didn't read TG:re and watch TG S2 tho.

I don't understand what u don't understand. If u have read the manga shouldn't it be easy to understand? U do remember the kaneki Vs arima fight and also the meeting between the arima and director of CCG after the fight?
In that meeting he decides as to what should be done with kaneki..and the rules setup for kaneki were revealed in this episode pretty clearly.
SKYWALKER08Apr 11, 2018 10:55 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

95 by F0xFae »»
Mar 30, 1:45 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2018

194 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 7:55 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2018

416 by F0xFae »»
Mar 29, 6:00 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2018

172 by CaravanRiot »»
Mar 16, 9:41 PM

» Tokyo Ghoul: re 1st season is underrated

Ryuu_Mayo - Feb 3

12 by KayKimii »»
Feb 3, 1:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.