Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »
Apr 13, 2018 10:15 AM

Dec 2012
I was fearful of what might happen ..and it did. just as bad as i had thought.

they allowed the new director to play God and that is a great tragedy this was one of the really good series of this type and now it has been killed by cheap and shallow redesign just like Maken-Ki was and we will be force fed emberassed and embarassing recaps of the same shallow junk including over done and boring harem static like the last season but worse. At least the art style and characters were intact but now...

dont even bother and I hope the director and the art director get black balled and end up selling flyers at the station.

really sad end and i mean how in the heck could they be so blind and dumb to shoot this fine subject in the heart so viciously.

Apr 13, 2018 10:27 AM

Apr 2008
CrisGer_San_AA said:

they allowed the new director to play God and that is a great tragedy this was one of the really good series of this type and now it has been killed by cheap and shallow redesign just like Maken-Ki was and we will be force fed emberassed and embarassing recaps of the same shallow junk including over done and boring harem static like the last season but worse. At least the art style and characters were intact but now...

dont even bother and I hope the director and the art director get black balled and end up selling flyers at the station.

really sad end and i mean how in the heck could they be so blind and dumb to shoot this fine subject in the heart so viciously.

You could not be more wrong lol. But sure go ahead and drop it if you really can
Apr 13, 2018 12:00 PM
Fantasy lover

Aug 2017
did they really censored the nipples? or was that only where i watched it?

I liked the kiss at the end :D
Apr 13, 2018 12:01 PM

Apr 2008
ExperienceLD said:
did they really censored the nipples? or was that only where i watched it?

I liked the kiss at the end :D

There is an uncensored version floating around. Same as every other season in the past there's 2 versions
Apr 13, 2018 3:30 PM

Dec 2012
CrisGer_San_AA said:

>autism                                    
Apr 13, 2018 6:54 PM

Nov 2013
Pretty glad to see DxD be back on track after the butchery that was Born.

Didn´t have any big peeves with the new art style, since all in all it was an upgrade when it comes to the animation and fluidity (plus the art is now more faithful to Miyama´s designs); and that was really noticeable by how better the battle with Shalba turned out. Still, I have to admit I was a bit annoyed with the new eyecatches (and with a Rias one no less, since next to Akeno´s they usually tend to be my favourites)... too zoomed for my tastes and yeah for a second Rias´s body proportions kind of looked weird in the new art style, since the simplicity of it was totally exposed due to the proximity of the camera. Hope they improve as the season goes on, since imo they can still deliver some sexy eyecatches if they don´t go for close-ups of this kind.

As for the content itself the oppai song was as hilarious as I expected, and so was the PV video and Vali´s and Bikou´s commentary to the situation.
Nice to also see Cao Cao and Siegfried finally making their debuts there at the end. True longinus looks hype.

Anyway, pretty neat start. Can´t wait for the Kyoto arc to finally start next week.

Apr 14, 2018 12:21 AM
Mar 2017
I have Read the Light novels up to vol.18 I think and I'm glad they fixed the oppai dragon part.I don't know why TNK dropped the ball but Born was pushing it. I will say that it wasn't as bad as to what happen to Tokyo ghoul thank god. Its still hard to get use to some of the new character designs. The mature look was differently a plus for me, it helped serious moments come off more so. Overall this episode was okay to me. The overall product was better than Born but not what I expected. I expected to see a jump in quality and this doesn't quite hit it the mark for me. I'm hoping episode one will deliver but I would of liked a more experienced studio to handle this ,old art style or not.
Apr 14, 2018 1:19 AM

Apr 2008
ChopyChopZ said:
I have Read the Light novels up to vol.18 I think and I'm glad they fixed the oppai dragon part.I don't know why TNK dropped the ball but Born was pushing it. I will say that it wasn't as bad as to what happen to Tokyo ghoul thank god. Its still hard to get use to some of the new character designs. The mature look was differently a plus for me, it helped serious moments come off more so. Overall this episode was okay to me. The overall product was better than Born but not what I expected. I expected to see a jump in quality and this doesn't quite hit it the mark for me. I'm hoping episode one will deliver but I would of liked a more experienced studio to handle this ,old art style or not.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1720577&show=0#msg54891416 Read this for answers
Apr 14, 2018 2:57 AM
Jul 2015
Man, this art will take getting used to. I feel like the way Asia disappeared in born was more impactful. A bit disappointed Vali and Issei's fight pretty much didn't happen. Oppai save the day yet again! Big red still looks like he was stuffed. Tannin got shorter. Speaking of short, vali's shit shrunk a bit.

Art aside, I'm really glad this show is back.
Apr 14, 2018 3:02 AM

Apr 2008
Jagh said:
Man, this art will take getting used to. I feel like the way Asia disappeared in born was more impactful. A bit disappointed Vali and Issei's fight pretty much didn't happen. Oppai save the day yet again! Big red still looks like he was stuffed. Tannin got shorter. Speaking of short, vali's shit shrunk a bit.

Art aside, I'm really glad this show is back.

Tannin can canonically shapeshift. So that can be reasoned away
Apr 14, 2018 3:15 AM
Apr 2018
Darklight0303 said:
OneJammieDodger said:

If you don't like the oppai dragon stuff, as a light novel reader I am just telling to stop now. That show becomes important to the plot later on.

It's as if people missed the fact that the reason Issei beat the living shit out of Vali the first time they fought was because there was a threat of halving Rias and Akeno's boob size. Oppai Dragon is nothing more extreme than that. Not to mention they're ignoring that this song was WRITTEN and COMPOSED by SIRZECH AND AZAZEL two of the biggest trolls in the DXD universe.

If they find this so absurd I would love to see the reaction to Chichigami aka Boob Goddess who should have been introduced last season if it didn't go off the fucking rails. For those who bemoan how Rias looks younger than before

THIS IS RIAS ON GRADUATION DAY. THIS is what the majority of the fandom know and love. You anime onlies have been fed a lie by TNK until now

coz they seem to love the onee-sama milf looking rias lol.i prefer the one in the LN which is more appropiate with her age
Apr 14, 2018 3:28 AM

Apr 2008
dfgrty92 said:
Darklight0303 said:

It's as if people missed the fact that the reason Issei beat the living shit out of Vali the first time they fought was because there was a threat of halving Rias and Akeno's boob size. Oppai Dragon is nothing more extreme than that. Not to mention they're ignoring that this song was WRITTEN and COMPOSED by SIRZECH AND AZAZEL two of the biggest trolls in the DXD universe.

If they find this so absurd I would love to see the reaction to Chichigami aka Boob Goddess who should have been introduced last season if it didn't go off the fucking rails. For those who bemoan how Rias looks younger than before

THIS IS RIAS ON GRADUATION DAY. THIS is what the majority of the fandom know and love. You anime onlies have been fed a lie by TNK until now

coz they seem to love the onee-sama milf looking rias lol.i prefer the one in the LN which is more appropiate with her age

Always felt Rias wasn't acting her age when I first started the anime and then I read the novels and realized why
Apr 14, 2018 6:48 AM
Jan 2018
People moaning about the anime style changing like it's the most important part.so i no ones gonna argue that it's better to have this style so it can actually follow the story. And for all the people that are cringing that there's as song about breast then you have no attention span because issei has a power that can hear breasts thoughts and he got like a super power up when he thought vali would half rias and akenos bust size and poked rias nipple to gain balance breaker and there will be so much more.
Apr 14, 2018 6:56 AM

Apr 2008
Mattinator95 said:
People moaning about the anime style changing like it's the most important part.so i no ones gonna argue that it's better to have this style so it can actually follow the story. And for all the people that are cringing that there's as song about breast then you have no attention span because issei has a power that can hear breasts thoughts and he got like a super power up when he thought vali would half rias and akenos bust size and poked rias nipple to gain balance breaker and there will be so much more.

Oh I fully agree but when people moan and ignore the aspects as story you end up caught up in the loop of arguing only on the superficial elements.
Apr 14, 2018 7:26 AM
Aug 2014
Mattinator95 said:

I agree that artstyle is not everything, but every viewer has different priorities when watching DxD though... not everyone watches it for the actual story, but rather for the fanservice scenes alone, which heavily rely on artstyle/fanservice imo.
Apr 14, 2018 7:30 AM
Jan 2018
Darklight0303 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Oh I fully agree but when people moan and ignore the aspects as story you end up caught up in the loop of arguing only on the superficial elements.

This whole season there's gonna be people moaning about the art style each episode isn't there because they have nothing else to do and can't appreciate that fact there's a season 4 at all.
Apr 14, 2018 7:35 AM

Apr 2008
Mattinator95 said:
Darklight0303 said:

This whole season there's gonna be people moaning about the art style each episode isn't there because they have nothing else to do and can't appreciate that fact there's a season 4 at all.

Yeeep I can already feel it's gonna be a long and harrowing war of attrition with these people. Ah well at least I'll see my epic novel moments done justice hopefully
Apr 14, 2018 7:39 AM
Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Yeeep I can already feel it's gonna be a long and harrowing war of attrition with these people. Ah well at least I'll see my epic novel moments done justice hopefully

I don't know if you would have appreciated it if TNK had done season 4 but yeah it's good to just see DxD back again :D
Apr 14, 2018 7:48 AM

Apr 2008
ShulQ said:
Darklight0303 said:

I don't know if you would have appreciated it if TNK had done season 4 but yeah it's good to just see DxD back again :D

I don't trust them one lick after what they did with BorN I would watch it with no faith of them doing it justice
Apr 14, 2018 8:02 AM
Jan 2018
ShulQ said:
Darklight0303 said:

That's what most people dont get TNK butcherd Ishibumi work . Of course the studio would change anyone with a right mind would change .
Apr 14, 2018 8:06 AM

Apr 2008
Mattinator95 said:
ShulQ said:

That's what most people dont get TNK butcherd Ishibumi work . Of course the studio would change anyone with a right mind would change .

Too many creators just roll over and take that kind of behavior from studios. I'm glad Ishibumi is not such trash that would just take it and endure.
Apr 14, 2018 8:45 AM
Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
Mattinator95 said:

Too many creators just roll over and take that kind of behavior from studios. I'm glad Ishibumi is not such trash that would just take it and endure.

Yeah this is indeed quite unfortunate, and I don't know exactly how it works, but I can imagine that many creators have no choice but to accept it since they have no say in the anime production, and they can only hope for the best, otherwise it wouldn't happen this often.
Apr 14, 2018 8:49 AM

Apr 2008
ShulQ said:
Darklight0303 said:

Yeah this is indeed quite unfortunate, and I don't know exactly how it works, but I can imagine that many creators have no choice but to accept it since they have no say in the anime production, and they can only hope for the best, otherwise it wouldn't happen this often.

I have no respect for an author who doesn't defend his work and just rolls over and compromises at every push.
Apr 14, 2018 9:25 AM
Aug 2014
Darklight0303 said:
ShulQ said:

I have no respect for an author who doesn't defend his work and just rolls over and compromises at every push.

I understand your opinion, but many creators in the manga/light novel industry don't earn much money at all, so they can only hope for the anime adaptation to go well in order to increase the number of sales for his/her original work.
But before that, the anime adaptation has to happen first, and if all authors protested at the production staff for not properly adapting their work, I can imagine that half of the adaptations wouldn't happen at all.
I'm not even sure if all authors get to see the animation before it is officially released.
Apr 14, 2018 3:15 PM

Jun 2010
Missed Soshite during the transformation, but good angles.
Apr 14, 2018 3:30 PM

Sep 2014
A bit late to the party but yes...Yes...YESSSSSSSSSS it's good to be back. Freaking Oppai dragon song, died laughing at that part, also Vali's wtf reaction ^_^
10/10 Rias oppai ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
Loving the new animation style, feels like a big improvement compared to the previous one.
I think this season will deliver great things, looking forward to the rest of the episodes!
Apr 15, 2018 12:54 AM

Apr 2014
Tbh I prefer the artstyle from the first 2 season because it looks sharper, more masculine and can deliver comical expression better than this current art style.
But compared to the shit they manage to produce which is BorN, i prefer this artstyle all the way.

Tho it might takes time for me to get use to, I can see tge reason why they go with this art style since the movement is now more fluid.

So yeah I can live with that, I'm already grateful enough to the fact that they manage to make a fourth season with the intention to adapt the LN faithfully instead of just butchering it as a cashcow, as if a change of artstyle would put me off.
Apr 15, 2018 1:41 AM

Apr 2008
tr1ckst3r said:
Tbh I prefer the artstyle from the first 2 season because it looks sharper, more masculine and can deliver comical expression better than this current art style.
But compared to the shit they manage to produce which is BorN, i prefer this artstyle all the way.

Tho it might takes time for me to get use to, I can see tge reason why they go with this art style since the movement is now more fluid.

So yeah I can live with that, I'm already grateful enough to the fact that they manage to make a fourth season with the intention to adapt the LN faithfully instead of just butchering it as a cashcow, as if a change of artstyle would put me off.

See this is an example of a rational person
Apr 15, 2018 7:23 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
ShulQ said:

I understand your opinion, but many creators in the manga/light novel industry don't earn much money at all, so they can only hope for the anime adaptation to go well in order to increase the number of sales for his/her original work.
But before that, the anime adaptation has to happen first, and if all authors protested at the production staff for not properly adapting their work, I can imagine that half of the adaptations wouldn't happen at all.
I'm not even sure if all authors get to see the animation before it is officially released.

This.
Quite annoying to see all this debate about the new art... I like it, the one of the LN suffered quite some changes, while previous seasons stick with the early designs, I like both, I dont mind this change. If anything it is very promising, and I m looking forward to see what will they do with it.

Been 3 without DxD, what a pleasent feeling seeing this again! In short they cut the part where last season sidetracked from and put it back on track, so this was the original ending for volume 6.

It was nice to see Ophis and Red Dragon appearing again.
I guess they will try to adapt 3 LN volumes and end it at vol 10 which makes sense (there seems to be one volume of sidestories, probably 7 that they can skip and adapt on a later date).
I hope this change will enable vol 10 to be adapted with the epicness it deserves!
Apr 15, 2018 7:29 AM

Apr 2008
Playcool said:
ShulQ said:

This.
Quite annoying to see all this debate about the new art... I like it, the one of the LN suffered quite some changes, while previous seasons stick with the early designs, I like both, I dont mind this change. If anything it is very promising, and I m looking forward to see what will they do with it.

Been 3 without DxD, what a pleasent feeling seeing this again! In short they cut the part where last season sidetracked from and put it back on track, so this was the original ending for volume 6.

I guess they will try to adapt 3 LN volumes and end it at vol 10 which makes sense (there seems to be one volume of sidestories, probably 7 that they can skip and adapt on a later date).
I hope this change will enable vol 10 to be adapted with the epicness it deserves!

We already know from Ishibumi's twitter that this season will just cover volume 9 and 10
Apr 15, 2018 9:23 AM

May 2015
I still dont' remember what is going on, but I miss good old nipples.

I'm not used to new animation. :(
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 16, 2018 6:00 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Playcool said:

This.

We already know from Ishibumi's twitter that this season will just cover volume 9 and 10

But this 00 covered the end of vol6 right what will happen to vol7?
Apr 16, 2018 6:04 AM

Apr 2008
Playcool said:
Darklight0303 said:

episode zero was simply meant to erase the atrocity of the anime original ending of Born and introduce Issei's show properly. The next episode we're getting the field trip to Kyoto. Issei said as much at the end.
Apr 16, 2018 6:27 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Playcool said:

episode zero was simply meant to erase the atrocity of the anime original ending of Born and introduce Issei's show properly. The next episode we're getting the field trip to Kyoto. Issei said as much at the end.

What was volume 7 again? Wasnt it Loki's?
Apr 16, 2018 6:42 AM

Apr 2008
Playcool said:
Darklight0303 said:

What was volume 7 again? Wasnt it Loki's?

I believe it was. They're probably just going to pretend that played out the way it should have given Born stuffed that in before changing it too.
Apr 21, 2018 8:58 AM

Jan 2013
i'm in full of rage and fury now and forevermore. what is up with this fake sh*t? highschool dxd hero is nothing like what it used to be. this fresh new look is anything but refreshing >.<
yet they dare use the same old style of midsection title cards in between advertisements, the audacity!
if they are taking a 360° turn anyway production-wise, just change everything 100% and don't spit salt on old wounds.
maybe i will just drop it while i'm still mildly angry. i don't care if i've already watched half an episode of such abomination.
HibiChikaApr 21, 2018 9:07 AM
Apr 22, 2018 5:52 AM
Jan 2018
I like the graphic but the storyline is beyond true a movie projector common and the dragon got smaller I like to vote love but only uncensored version of the fourth season of high school dxd please fix the line and removed the censored one because this will gave the creator a bad rating.

About the story I like the song and art but its hard to used to it but please why did the fourth season stick in the third season and start it in the mid way why you didn't start when issei saved reias but start from the bellzebub battle will their is nothing that I can do about it.

But my only requires is all the episode must be uncensored version,and stick to the right story. Im not saying that im a indecent person it a just like it's part of our puberty that's all thank you....
DAGE_101Apr 22, 2018 6:07 AM
Apr 22, 2018 12:37 PM

Apr 2008
DAGE_101 said:
I like the graphic but the storyline is beyond true a movie projector common and the dragon got smaller I like to vote love but only uncensored version of the fourth season of high school dxd please fix the line and removed the censored one because this will gave the creator a bad rating.

About the story I like the song and art but its hard to used to it but please why did the fourth season stick in the third season and start it in the mid way why you didn't start when issei saved reias but start from the bellzebub battle will their is nothing that I can do about it.

But my only requires is all the episode must be uncensored version,and stick to the right story. Im not saying that im a indecent person it a just like it's part of our puberty that's all thank you....

There are always two broadcasts. One censored and one uncensored. If you have an issue with that take it up with the sub groups. The third season was an ABOMINATION including the final episode.
Apr 25, 2018 10:03 PM

Aug 2013
Haah, I regret watching this episode (went straight to ep 01 before)..
If they want to invalidate last 2-3 episodes of DxD Born (Rias Disappearance), just do ordinary recap, no need to change beautiful tears moment into silly oppai song+nip** poke.
Also Rias look is the worst change here, good bye my elegant Ruin Princess =.=
Apr 26, 2018 12:09 AM

Apr 2008
Juarez said:
If they want to invalidate last 2-3 episodes of DxD Born (Rias Disappearance), just do ordinary recap, no need to change beautiful tears moment into silly oppai song+nip** poke.

Wrong. That's how it was in the fucking novel. Born's moment was an abomination. Get over it
Apr 26, 2018 1:54 AM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Juarez said:

Wrong. That's how it was in the fucking novel. Born's moment was an abomination. Get over it

LoL, Who cares about that fucking novel, we anime fan don't need such subjective brainwash.
Apr 26, 2018 2:30 AM

Apr 2008
Juarez said:
Darklight0303 said:

LoL, Who cares about that fucking novel, we anime fan don't need such subjective brainwash.

And you wonder why you get looked down upon. You eat up fanfiction trash like it's fine cuisine.
Apr 26, 2018 2:38 AM

Aug 2013
Darklight0303 said:
Juarez said:

And you wonder why you get looked down upon. You eat up fanfiction trash like it's fine cuisine.

I wonder? what nonsense are u babbling about, LMAO
go sober up if you're drunk
Apr 27, 2018 4:58 PM

Feb 2013
I feel like I've kind of already seen this (repeat of the finale of last season?)... but it was slightly different this time?

Ha, the boob song!
Apr 27, 2018 5:10 PM

Apr 2008
BurntJelly said:
I feel like I've kind of already seen this (repeat of the finale of last season?)... but it was slightly different this time?

Ha, the boob song!

Yes this is how the Juggernaut Drive incident was supposed to be resolved. Not the horrible fanfiction that happened in Born
Apr 29, 2018 4:51 PM

Feb 2014
The loli apparition and the kiss were nice to see...

Still, even disliking the Rias NTR-like scenes in Born, that song added at that circumstance didn't help too much... >< killed the mood for me ><
But I'm looking forward to the 4th season, sure ^^

Oh, I liked the new art though, looks smooth.
TechOtakuApr 29, 2018 5:15 PM
May 3, 2018 4:30 PM

Jul 2013
I'm gonna be blunt, this artstyle is shit compared to the previous one. In general this one is not bad but the previous one was just so much better. One great thing about this though is that this time I heard that they're gonna follow the LN closely which is really awesome and I don't even read the LN. Anyway, I'm off to see the first episode, glad I decided to watch this first.
May 4, 2018 7:49 AM
Jun 2014
Juarez said:
Darklight0303 said:

I wonder? what nonsense are u babbling about, LMAO
go sober up if you're drunk

Just ignore him the same way as he ignores common sense, other opinions and the fact that new season already has a smaller rating, while this 0 series crap has rating similar to average season garbage. Still he pulls this shit from the day one and everyone who's not sharing this 'tards opinion are idiots. XD
May 4, 2018 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
Blackraven6 said:

Just ignore him the same way as he ignores common sense, other opinions and the fact that new season already has a smaller rating, while this 0 series crap has rating similar to average season garbage. Still he pulls this shit from the day one and everyone who's not sharing this 'tards opinion are idiots. XD

Ah I see, he is a well-known madman, I don't read this topic from the beginning so I don't know
besides, It's not unusual for anime to deviate a little from its manga or LN or even VN source.
Rampaging and flaunting LN too much in "anime discussion" is just.. weird
May 4, 2018 9:00 AM

Apr 2008
Juarez said:
Blackraven6 said:

Ah I see, he is a well-known madman, I don't read this topic from the beginning so I don't know
besides, It's not unusual for anime to deviate a little from its manga or LN or even VN source.
Rampaging and flaunting LN too much in "anime discussion" is just.. weird

The deviation here was NOT a little. It completely nuked several volumes of developments out of the water. Ignorance is no excuse for talking out your ass.

Also if you think MAL ratings are worth a dime to the Anime industry then you are truly adorable.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1675724&show=400#msg55156924 This is what the suits making Anime care about.
Pages (8) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 »

More topics from this board

» High school Dxd Drinking game.

GrimAtrament - May 1, 2018

4 by Jamester_UWU »»
Aug 1, 2022 11:39 PM

» Since this retcons the last 4 episodes of season 3 should i just skip the last 4

Omnitrix10 - Apr 17, 2018

4 by ChartTopper60 »»
Mar 20, 2021 8:19 AM

» Difference between Borns Ending (last 3 episodes) and this episode?

-_Removed_- - Apr 14, 2018

3 by TheDeadWalk »»
Feb 7, 2020 8:10 PM

» What is this? ( 1 2 )

begija - Apr 12, 2018

52 by GrimAtrament »»
May 1, 2018 4:16 PM

Poll: » High School DxD Hero: Taiikukan-ura no Holy Episode 1 Discussion

joe_g7 - Apr 12, 2018

27 by julyan »»
Apr 13, 2018 7:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.