Forum Settings
Forums

Anime that you hate (or dislike immensely)?

New
Apr 9, 2018 11:02 PM

Apr 2018
Not looking for a fight or anything.. I'm just curious as to what people hate/dislike. Please include why (as much detail you can muster or focus on a specific aspect)

I want to try and watch it, even if I've already watched it (though will probably not rewatch long anime or my true faves..coz for former it'll take too long and latter it's pointless haha), while carrying a negative mindset. Haha~ so preferably something with reasonings that aren't just "I don't like the genre" or "It's too long".. I'll keep it to 100 whether the list has reasons or not but still appreciate other's inputs.

ie: I hate SAO, my reason :insert: LordAura review (word per word what I feel about it)

Also Diabolik Lover... because of the main female lead. I find her personality dead and her whole character idiotic with no sense of self. The scenes too, I find aren't at all romantic. I just felt like they all force themselves on her and she's just "Oh" *blush*

EDIT: OKAY just realised I should've posted in the Recommend thread as I'm basically asking recommendations lmao~~

NOTE: PEOPLE!! THE LIST BELOW OF HATED ANIME ISN'T MY PERSONAL LIST.

EDIT: LIST OF OTHER PEOPLE'S HATED ANIME
To help me keep track once I start watching haha..Hopefully I didn't miss anything from your posts ><.

kklaoApr 12, 2018 11:13 PM
"When I decided to follow my dream, I had already discarded my life.” -Roronoa Zoro
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 9, 2018 11:04 PM

May 2014
Mahou Shoujo Site, it's way too edgy for its own good and everything about it made me angry.
Apr 9, 2018 11:05 PM
Apr 2018
Attack on Titan
My hero
One punch man
Apr 9, 2018 11:18 PM

Apr 2018
Hello thanks for input~ @ecchiharemgeek but may I ask why? :)
"When I decided to follow my dream, I had already discarded my life.” -Roronoa Zoro
Apr 9, 2018 11:19 PM

Apr 2018
Hi~ thanks for the input :) @ericonator sorry to sound ignorant but how do you define "too edgy"
Apr 9, 2018 11:24 PM

Apr 2013
Most MobaGame (mobile game) adaptions and any LN (Light Novel) ones too. I usually drop these series cause most of these are lazy and boring efforts to advertise the source material, sadly there's a bunch of these since most studios know that it's easy to get money from such adaptions cause people do want to see their "waifus" animated, even if it does look like crap (imo).

Ascended Taste
I only came back to this site for the forum sets and to promote my RYM list... Anilist ftw still :dab:
Apr 9, 2018 11:25 PM

Sep 2014
aldnoah zero for being really trash
cash carti
Apr 9, 2018 11:26 PM

May 2014
joykiller91 said:
Hi~ thanks for the input :) @ericonator sorry to sound ignorant but how do you define "too edgy"
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgy
Apr 9, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2016
Mirai Nikki. It's writing is stupid, the characters don't have personality except for being evil (and the ones that are not they have other one-note traits), the backstories are retarded, the plot holes are enough to sink a ship, the forced romance is disgusting (since it's basically abusive), the morals of the show are horrible and so on...

Mirai Nikki is disgusting in too many levels. If I had to rate subjectively 0/10 something, it would be Mirai Nikki (but still I prefer it to traumatic shorts like Shitcom, those are the real 0/10).
Apr 9, 2018 11:31 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I dislike Nanatsu no Taizai mainly because of the boring and uninteresting plot and characters (well, most of them). The worst thing about NnT is the two annoying leads, meliodas and elizabeth, and the fact that they don't change or become better characters overtime.
Apr 9, 2018 11:33 PM

Apr 2018
WiseOne said:
Most MobaGame (mobile game) adaptions and any LN (Light Novel) ones too. I usually drop these series cause most of these are lazy and boring efforts to advertise the source material, sadly there's a bunch of these since most studios know that it's easy to get money from such adaptions cause people do want to see their "waifus" animated, even if it does look like crap (imo).

Haha yeah I finally realized that after trying out so many >< *sigh* I just wanted a good anime adaptation but it's either they remove the romance or everything is crazy. :))
Apr 9, 2018 11:34 PM

Apr 2018
aaliyahkeef said:

Why do you say it as "trash"? What aspects made it so? :) thanks for input~
Apr 9, 2018 11:37 PM

Jun 2015
Ben-To. Pretty much all the characters apart from Oshiroi are unlikeable as all hell.
Apr 9, 2018 11:37 PM

Apr 2018
Ericonator said:
joykiller91 said:
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=edgy

Aah haha never really got the term 'edgy'. Thanks :) do you consider the plot itself or the characters who made it "too edgy"?
Apr 9, 2018 11:38 PM

Apr 2018
SuzuMine-chan said:
Mirai Nikki. It's writing is stupid, the characters don't have personality except for being evil (and the ones that are not they have other one-note traits), the backstories are retarded, the plot holes are enough to sink a ship, the forced romance is disgusting (since it's basically abusive), the morals of the show are horrible and so on...

Mirai Nikki is disgusting in too many levels. If I had to rate subjectively 0/10 something, it would be Mirai Nikki (but still I prefer it to traumatic shorts like Shitcom, those are the real 0/10).

Thank you for your input~~ :D I'll keep those in mind
Apr 9, 2018 11:39 PM

Apr 2018
-Judar- said:
I dislike Nanatsu no Taizai mainly because of the boring and uninteresting plot and characters (well, most of them). The worst thing about NnT is the two annoying leads, meliodas and elizabeth, and the fact that they don't change or become better characters overtime.

Thanks for the inpute :D I'll keep that in mind~
Apr 9, 2018 11:41 PM

Apr 2018
AltoRoark said:
Ben-To. Pretty much all the characters apart from Oshiroi are unlikeable as all hell.

Oh I remember trying to watch the anime... but I forgot about it... I think I also didn't like the characters? lol okay have to rewatch that
Apr 9, 2018 11:57 PM

Jul 2015
Rezero
Nisekoi

Both gave me an incurable cancer
Apr 9, 2018 11:59 PM

Feb 2018
Code geass because the series is filled with contrivances,plot holes, stupid characters/character actions and the Mc sometimes being omniscient.
Apr 10, 2018 12:04 AM

Apr 2018
tragedydesu said:
Rezero
Nisekoi

LOL~ care to elaborate?.. just to help me get a sense of it
Apr 10, 2018 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
Aldnoah.Zero

In other words: Let's Beat Up Slaine the Anime.

It was hard to watch as a Slaine fan.

The guy got screwed over so many times (by the characters and by the narrative).

The ending was pretty disappointing too.
Apr 10, 2018 12:06 AM

Apr 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
Code geass because the series is filled with contrivances,plot holes, stupid characters/character actions and the Mc sometimes being omniscient.

Alright~ thanks for the input :) though can you give an example of 'contrivances'? Sorry english isn't my first language so sometimes I have trouble associating ><
Apr 10, 2018 12:07 AM

Dec 2016
I don't have a anime that I hate but there is one that's coming close and it's Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta
Apr 10, 2018 12:08 AM

Apr 2018
Fantasy_Land said:
I don't have a anime that I hate but there is one that's coming close and it's Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta

Hello~ Thanks for input. :)
Why do you say so? Are the characters annoying? or something else?
Apr 10, 2018 12:09 AM

Apr 2018
MaeOrchid said:
Aldnoah.Zero

In other words: Let's Beat Up Slaine the Anime.

It was hard to watch as a Slaine fan.

The guy got screwed over so many times (by the characters and by the narrative).

The ending was pretty disappointing too.

Alright~~ thanks for the input :D hehe
Apr 10, 2018 12:14 AM

Jul 2015
joykiller91 said:
tragedydesu said:
Rezero
Nisekoi

in the first one , the mc rejected a girl who kept sacrificing the shit out of her life for him the whole serie

in the second one , the mc rejected the girl he always loved for a disgusting abusive monkey

Apr 10, 2018 12:15 AM
Aug 2016
Fairy Tail or more like 'Power of Friendship-The Animation'.
Being a shounen fan I had high hopes for it as I had seen people compare it to One Piece and Naruto, but boy oh boy when I watched it I realized that why some people actually hate shounen.
Cardboard cutout characters, cliche situations and power of friendship can overcome all the obstacles are a few reasons why I hate it but what enrages me the most is that people actually compare it to One Piece and Naruto, like guys what's up with that?
Apr 10, 2018 12:16 AM

Dec 2016
joykiller91 said:
Fantasy_Land said:

It's was a good anime with great potential but it had to have a open ending with no closure and it really deserved a good ending, but now that I think about it I still gave it a 8/10
Apr 10, 2018 12:18 AM

Sep 2014
joykiller91 said:
aaliyahkeef said:

its wack bro u ever watch it? very dissapointing the animation is nice tho i guess
cash carti
Apr 10, 2018 12:18 AM

May 2015
Alright how many people can I get to disagree with me

Clannad - boring af
Future Diary - YUUUKKIII
Nichijou - also boring

Apr 10, 2018 12:25 AM
Apr 2018
Digimon the Movie, Aiura, and SAO.

Digimon the Movie is as ugly as possible, I specially don't like the animation style and drawings, it's just unpleasant when you're accustomed to the TV anime.

Aiura is literally nothing, I know slice of life is simply about daily life but this is dull, 5 minutes of forgettable jokes.

And SAO it's just plain hateable. I dropped it at the 2-3 episodes, I didn't like the
generic characters and enemies and battles at all. I'll probably try to finish it because of completionism but I don't think it would be good based on the reviews.

Apr 10, 2018 12:31 AM

Mar 2017
Well, for me, it's Clannad and AS, Prison School.

Clannad was kind of dull and boring, and the forced 'happy ending' killed it.

Prison School - Way too edgy.
Apr 10, 2018 12:33 AM

Feb 2018
joykiller91 said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Alright~ thanks for the input :) though can you give an example of 'contrivances'? Sorry english isn't my first language so sometimes I have trouble associating ><

A contrivance is an element in a story that feels forced/artificial and is only there to progress the plot.
Apr 10, 2018 12:37 AM

Aug 2016
The Love Hina Series. It starts off as a typical ecchi harem, but then the writers throw common sense out the window and give us mecha turtles, incestual curses, and an ancient kingdom of turtles. Did I mention all the turtles? Absoultely awful writing that honestly made me feel dumber watching it.

The characters are terrible, all of them beat up the main character for almost no reason at all, with the main girl confessing her love of him one minute, only to take it back the next episode, and then she admits she does actually have feelings for him, and then she doesnt....and repeat.

The opening song drills into your brain, its one of the most annoying, yet catchy songs I've heard. Be preapred to have it stuck in your head for weeks after finishing...

And if you plan to watch this monstrosity, watch it dubbed for the full torturous experience. For whatever idiotic reason, they deciced it would be a good idea to get the VAs, even really popular English VAs like Wendee Lee, to talk in accents. badly acted accents....just for that extra grating on the ears.

God, I hate Hina
Apr 10, 2018 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
My least favorite anime is Kiss x Sis because the characters where boring and Yosuga no sora had much better incest and Kiss x Sis really didn't had a story yo it.
Apr 10, 2018 12:50 AM

Feb 2010
joykiller91 said:
tragedydesu said:
Rezero
Nisekoi

they are just a salty shipper.

which is funny since Re-zero is far from over.

as for me.

Naruto for slow pacing under developed characters especially their main character.

phantom requiem of phantom poitnless show was pointless as everything was pointless in the end biggest waste of my time ever.

@Kenny_Stryker
sorry just saw your post you gave akami ga kill a 10 to the anime that kills off so many per episode characters that you don't even have time to get attached but Prision school the dark humor ecchi anime is to edgey?
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 10, 2018 12:52 AM
Apr 2018
Renn said:
The Love Hina Series. It starts off as a typical ecchi harem, but then the writers throw common sense out the window and give us mecha turtles, incestual curses, and an ancient kingdom of turtles. Did I mention all the turtles? Absoultely awful writing that honestly made me feel dumber watching it.

The characters are terrible, all of them beat up the main character for almost no reason at all, with the main girl confessing her love of him one minute, only to take it back the next episode, and then she admits she does actually have feelings for him, and then she doesnt....and repeat.

The opening song drills into your brain, its one of the most annoying, yet catchy songs I've heard. Be preapred to have it stuck in your head for weeks after finishing...

And if you plan to watch this monstrosity, watch it dubbed for the full torturous experience. For whatever idiotic reason, they deciced it would be a good idea to get the VAs, even really popular English VAs like Wendee Lee, to talk in accents. badly acted accents....just for that extra grating on the ears.

God, I hate Hina

Common sense? Do you know the word "fun"?

Beat up Keitaro? Yeah, that's a man destiny in anime (ask Shirou Emiya).

Naru repeating confessions? Well that's right, she's really annoying in that sense.

But the opening... you simply can't hate the opening. It's nicely animated, filled with vivid colors and drawings and the song is catchy! What else do you want from a comedy?

Apr 10, 2018 12:53 AM

Apr 2018
tragedydesu said:
joykiller91 said:

in the first one , the mc rejected a girl who kept sacrificing the shit out of her life for him the whole serie

in the second one , the mc rejected the girl he always loved for a disgusting abusive monkey

Ooh interesting. Alright. Thank you \(^^)
Apr 10, 2018 12:54 AM

Apr 2018
DivyanshDAR said:
Fairy Tail or more like 'Power of Friendship-The Animation'.
Being a shounen fan I had high hopes for it as I had seen people compare it to One Piece and Naruto, but boy oh boy when I watched it I realized that why some people actually hate shounen.
Cardboard cutout characters, cliche situations and power of friendship can overcome all the obstacles are a few reasons why I hate it but what enrages me the most is that people actually compare it to One Piece and Naruto, like guys what's up with that?

HAHAH. Lol same sentiments! And it was just hella boring for me even though I liked the art :/ shame.
Apr 10, 2018 12:55 AM

Apr 2018
Fantasy_Land said:
joykiller91 said:

It's was a good anime with great potential but it had to have a open ending with no closure and it really deserved a good ending, but now that I think about it I still gave it a 8/10

Aaah~ well I've not watch that one so I'll still add to my list even though you don't hate it :)
Apr 10, 2018 12:55 AM

Apr 2018
aaliyahkeef said:
joykiller91 said:

its wack bro u ever watch it? very dissapointing the animation is nice tho i guess

oh? sorry have not seen the series >< well very soon I will though haha
Apr 10, 2018 12:57 AM

Mar 2018
NGNL, idk why but everything about it irks me, the main characters, their interactions with each other and supporting cast, the plot, the art style, everything about it.

Also, Love Hina, the only anime I dropped so far because I hated the main heroin and her treatment of the spineless MC. It was quite a while back so I don't remember if there were any other reasons why I dropped it but I have no intention of going back to check either.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 2018
Contaminated said:
Alright how many people can I get to disagree with me

Clannad - boring af
Future Diary - YUUUKKIII
Nichijou - also boring

I'd agree with the Clannad thing. X)

Though would you care to elaborate still for the others? So I can get a better sense of it~

Jul 2013
Naruto, it was good at the beginning then it become so repetitive and boring.
Apr 10, 2018 12:59 AM

Apr 2018
Conmie said:
Digimon the Movie, Aiura, and SAO.

Digimon the Movie is as ugly as possible, I specially don't like the animation style and drawings, it's just unpleasant when you're accustomed to the TV anime.

Aiura is literally nothing, I know slice of life is simply about daily life but this is dull, 5 minutes of forgettable jokes.

And SAO it's just plain hateable. I dropped it at the 2-3 episodes, I didn't like the
generic characters and enemies and battles at all. I'll probably try to finish it because of completionism but I don't think it would be good based on the reviews.

Oh well for Digimon can't really relate since I started with the old style anime X)
SAO though... good lord.

I'll add in Aiura~ thanks :D
Apr 10, 2018 1:00 AM

Apr 2018
Kenny_Stryker said:
Well, for me, it's Clannad and AS, Prison School.

Clannad was kind of dull and boring, and the forced 'happy ending' killed it.

Prison School - Way too edgy.

Agree with Clannad >< didn't really watch AS but I guess I shall add that. Lol
Lol Prison school I watched it then trashed it haha

Thanks for input!
Apr 10, 2018 1:02 AM

Apr 2018
xShinigami3125 said:
joykiller91 said:

A contrivance is an element in a story that feels forced/artificial and is only there to progress the plot.

Ahh alrighty~~ well thank you for that :D
Apr 10, 2018 1:02 AM

Dec 2016
Dragon ball super .. everyone is like "wow fight every episode it's so epiiiiic watch it"
but damn i don't wanna lose brain cells by watching that
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Apr 10, 2018 1:03 AM

Jul 2015
@hazarddex
Apr 10, 2018 1:03 AM

Apr 2018
Renn said:

God, I hate Hina

HAHA... I'd probably die if I watch dub so I'll not include that lmao~~~

I do vaguely remember Love Hina but just bits. I think I disliked it. But yes I shall rewatch still! :D Thank you!
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Apr 23

65 by Gator »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » How much do you consume from the otaku world?

castle2001 - Apr 22

31 by Gator »»
2 minutes ago

Sticky: » AWC 2024 Anime Watching Challenge - Sign-Up (Open Until December 10th) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

AWC_mod - Jan 1

981 by Palash_6 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » What position do you watch anime in?

Spunkert - Apr 23

20 by windyshadow »»
5 minutes ago

» something you dislike about your favorite character

Kenzolo-folk - Apr 22

27 by FanofAction »»
7 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.