Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 9, 2018 8:40 PM
May 2015
Are nostalgia goggles causing some of us to forget the first few episodes of the original series were utter dogshit?

It's the lamest battle in the whole show and needed a feature film just to seem passable. Hur de dur 3 units surrounding us lets attack them 1v1 they would never think of such a genius thing!

absolute gem of an effort from prod IG to make this battle slightly better than catastrophically dumb. maybe wait until they adapt the good material before judging?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 9, 2018 10:09 PM

Dec 2010
Yes people are stupid it is only 1 episode that is way to early to judge this anime.
Apr 9, 2018 10:15 PM

Jul 2011
CGI.
Nostalgia.
Characters looks more gay.
Music went generic.

Haven't watched the episode yet (just replying with what i saw on the episode discussion), will watch it when the series end.
Apr 10, 2018 5:57 AM
Jun 2016
dgraymanfan said:
Yes people are stupid it is only 1 episode that is way to early to judge this anime.
It's never too early
Apr 10, 2018 12:11 PM

Dec 2010
Tenderizer17 said:
dgraymanfan said:
It's never too early

Yes it is too early
Apr 10, 2018 12:44 PM
Oct 2016
Praland said:
CGI.
Nostalgia.
Music went generic.

Haven't watched the episode yet (just replying with what i saw on the episode discussion), will watch it when the series end.

Good CGI.
Nostalgia has nothing to do with quality.
Characters are prettier. May be hard to get used to.
Music is simple and unintrusive.
Don't judge the series until you watch it.
Apr 10, 2018 12:47 PM

Jul 2011
Jamull2013 said:
Praland said:
CGI.
Nostalgia.
Music went generic.

Good CGI.

(just replying with what i saw on the episode discussion)
Apr 10, 2018 3:14 PM
Aug 2015
I love this anime more than anybody here and I think the The first episode was great not like the OVA but it's very good and deserve the loadation
Please don't judge anime before Finish
Apr 10, 2018 5:10 PM
Nov 2008
I have not voted yet but from how little the first 2 episodes have covered, other than watching this for eye candy (great visuals), I don't think it'll add anything else. If the rest of the episodes cover as little as the first 2 then I can't give more than 6/10 because really...what's the point of a remake that captures 10% of the story line. I loved the original for the plot and characters...how can that be captured in 12 episodes where little happens each episode. Even between episode 1 and 2, they repeated some scenes. I'm tired of half-ass remakes that don't do justice to the originals. Yes it's the prettier and more flashier version but looks like that's all we're going to gain from it.
Apr 10, 2018 6:12 PM

Jul 2012
swethane20 said:
I have not voted yet but from how little the first 2 episodes have covered, other than watching this for eye candy (great visuals), I don't think it'll add anything else. If the rest of the episodes cover as little as the first 2 then I can't give more than 6/10 because really...what's the point of a remake that captures 10% of the story line. I loved the original for the plot and characters...how can that be captured in 12 episodes where little happens each episode. Even between episode 1 and 2, they repeated some scenes. I'm tired of half-ass remakes that don't do justice to the originals. Yes it's the prettier and more flashier version but looks like that's all we're going to gain from it.

They are only covering the first book in this season, the second book in three movies (yet another 12 episodes worth of footage), and will do the rest if they are to be successful enough with this project, as stated by the director himself some time ago.

Thus far, they are covering in a better way what the infamously very convoluted first episode of the original OVA series covered (I would still opt for the movie extended cut of it than both versions, thus far, but this new series, besides lacking the classical music, it's an exceptional adaptation I wasn't at all expecting from a modern remake, as a big fan of the first OVA series and the books).

Judge the whole quality of it for when you have the full product to compare to the respective OVA episodes that were covered in the first series. Even if you were to compare what they did until now, the content we can compare thus far was arguably better covered in this remake than in the original, besides lacking some of its charm (especially because of the classical music, but yeah, that could also be just me).
Apr 10, 2018 7:59 PM

Jun 2015
Praland said:
CGI.
Nostalgia.
Music went generic.

Seriously, people in this community need to stop saying that the character designs look "gay." What kind of insult is that?! The character designs might not be pretty, but this is what modern anime character nowadays look like. Do all characters nowadays look gay, or what?
"If you have time to think of a beautiful end, then why not live beautifully until the end?"- Sakata Gintoki, Gintama
Apr 11, 2018 12:06 AM

Oct 2013
First of all, you do not even have to watch the re-edit, just give it 10 points. Just because it is Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, it is awarded even for the topic only.

The scores of funny and romantic series are so high, okashiii yoo

Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou 10/10
All Gintamas - 1/10
Kimi no na wa - 1/10
Koe no Katachi - 1/10
Apr 11, 2018 12:25 AM
Nov 2015
this can really be worst for example the same animation used in berserk or souten no ken
Apr 11, 2018 9:53 AM

Nov 2012
Calista777 said:
Praland said:
CGI.
Nostalgia.
Music went generic.

Seriously, people in this community need to stop saying that the character designs look "gay." What kind of insult is that?! The character designs might not be pretty, but this is what modern anime character nowadays look like. Do all characters nowadays look gay, or what?

Those idiots probably don't even realize there's nothing such as a "gay look". if you know anything about real life, you'd know that gay men look no different than their straight peers.

If people seriously think gay guys have a certain look to them, then.. i've got some bad news for you, sunshine.
Drastic-MeasureApr 11, 2018 10:05 AM
Apr 12, 2018 5:40 AM

Sep 2014
It's not hate for new series, just love for old one.
Apr 12, 2018 5:03 PM
May 2015
LightSparker said:
It's not hate for new series, just love for old one.
the old one sucked if you were to judge it after only 2 episodes
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2018 2:52 AM
Apr 2011
Calista777 said:
Praland said:
CGI.
Nostalgia.
Music went generic.

Gay people are more likely to identify gay characters.
Apr 13, 2018 4:26 AM

Apr 2017
Praland said:

"gay" you say?

By the way - I never had any animosity towards the new series. it looks FINE. (unless they fck things up midseason). Anyway, what they show is what they show - not what you expect. deal with it.
Apr 13, 2018 9:21 AM

Jul 2012
Anyone saying this season looks gayer CLEARLY didn't watch the OVAs at all lmao
Apr 14, 2018 10:27 AM

Dec 2011
Danpmss said:
Anyone saying this season looks gayer CLEARLY didn't watch the OVAs at all lmao

Agreed, totally this.
Apr 14, 2018 2:04 PM

Sep 2014
Jamull2013 said:
Praland said:
CGI.
Nostalgia.
Music went generic.

Good CGI.

The CGI wasn't bad nor good. I prefer the old 2D explosions though, even though is animation of fights in LoGH wasn't anywhere near top tier because of the use of rehashed scenes over and over. But yeah, I would have preferred a 2D version here for sure. Nothing major, it's just sucks a little.

Nostalgia is a non-argument here.

Character designs look like dog-shit sorry. They are as generic as possible. The old ones looked way, way, waaaay better.

Music is alright. Nothing to complain.

I thought it was a decent start. Definitely not a screw-up like other remakes. It felt a bit lacking in some instances (e.g. CGI and character designs) but oh well, LoGH was never about that anyways, so what.
Apr 20, 2018 5:39 PM
Nov 2008
Danpmss said:
swethane20 said:

They are only covering the first book in this season, the second book in three movies (yet another 12 episodes worth of footage), and will do the rest if they are to be successful enough with this project, as stated by the director himself some time ago.

Thus far, they are covering in a better way what the infamously very convoluted first episode of the original OVA series covered (I would still opt for the movie extended cut of it than both versions, thus far, but this new series, besides lacking the classical music, it's an exceptional adaptation I wasn't at all expecting from a modern remake, as a big fan of the first OVA series and the books).

Judge the whole quality of it for when you have the full product to compare to the respective OVA episodes that were covered in the first series. Even if you were to compare what they did until now, the content we can compare thus far was arguably better covered in this remake than in the original, besides lacking some of its charm (especially because of the classical music, but yeah, that could also be just me).

Thanks for filling me in, if that's the case then I'm certainly more optimistic about it. BUT I hate the idea that they're going to stop the full remake if it's not as popular as they anticipate! This happened to me with another anime where they stopped after 4 episodes and left me hanging...those 4 episodes were really good but I'd rather not have watched it if it was going to stop right before the climax!

I do like the idea of keeping it under 50 episodes since I started to get sort of bored at the 60 episode point of the original. However, I hate when episodes repeat scenes that was just in the last few episodes...wtf does everyone have short memory or what? If they need more material then instead of repeating they should just end with less episodes.
Apr 20, 2018 9:18 PM

Jul 2012
swethane20 said:
Danpmss said:

Thanks for filling me in, if that's the case then I'm certainly more optimistic about it. BUT I hate the idea that they're going to stop the full remake if it's not as popular as they anticipate! This happened to me with another anime where they stopped after 4 episodes and left me hanging...those 4 episodes were really good but I'd rather not have watched it if it was going to stop right before the climax!

I do like the idea of keeping it under 50 episodes since I started to get sort of bored at the 60 episode point of the original. However, I hate when episodes repeat scenes that was just in the last few episodes...wtf does everyone have short memory or what? If they need more material then instead of repeating they should just end with less episodes.

Hm, the OVAs had many instances of repeated info, sometimes because it's being covered in more detail later, not to mention memetically repeated quotes like
. I'm not sure what's your point in here, just because an information is said again by other characters, it doesn't mean it's necessarily superfluous towards what it adds to the full picture.

They don't really interrupt the flow and normally are added to reinforce some things given even an episode later in a second perspective, most of the times. The remake thus far only did this once, since it would be otherwise quite awkward to show Wenli's side in episode 2 without the proper arguments with his superior and the soldiers of the FPA.

But again, it was done nicely in the extended cut movie for the first two episodes of the OVAs I've mentioned above, were much like the first OVA episode, showed side by side without the mess of presentation infodump it was in only in 20+ minutes or so with that battle, as it took 1h and 30min to cover 45min-ish of the OVAs.

The remake took 40 minutes with the battle instead of 20 too, and is yet to adapt the Yang side of the post battle of that episode, since the old series rearranged the scenes, so we can't quite fully compare who did better overall so far (I would immediately say the movie though, you just can't do better than that, unless it was to be a double lenght episode, and that was one missed opportunity for the remake).

Anyway, I'm loving the new spin thus far, although I would also love to have seen the scene where Reinhard beat the bully with a rock, instead of just beating up a whole gang of bullies offscreen haha

In short, there are good and bad points for both, but none did any bad thus far... if we don't count the first episode of the OVAs, which was kinda all over the place.
DanpmssApr 20, 2018 9:27 PM
Apr 23, 2018 10:46 AM

Oct 2013
Maybe it was just bad? Geez idk

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the old/original series?

monad04 - May 12, 2018

23 by Brightless »»
Dec 16, 2023 11:15 AM

» Legend of the Galactic Heroes Die Neue These is the 3rd best profit maker for IG Port for 2023

deg - Jul 15, 2023

15 by TRC_Randy »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:01 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 11 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

14 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 10 Discussion

Ulquiorra - Aug 8, 2018

12 by Robbini »»
Oct 1, 2023 3:28 AM

Poll: » Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou Episode 12 Discussion

Mayuka - Aug 8, 2018

33 by Sun_Chan »»
Jun 30, 2023 11:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.