Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 9, 2018 11:12 AM
May 2017
Its been awhile since I've seen this show, but this is something that has always bugged me, Ed and Al do absolutely nothing to impact the underline story. There more observers to show whats going to happen to other characters later on and to explain the world. Let me explain. Van Hohenheim knew about literally everything he knew father was going to transmute the City to make a philosopher's stone. He changed the transmutation circle to make it not work. The brothers didn't kill any of the homunculus. The only thing they do do is fine may who solves the not being able to use alchemy thing. But that also kind of bugs me. If Van Hohenheim was really that old you would think he would have picked up that form of alchemy also.
If just doesn't make sense to have the brothers in the show, it would've been much better to have Van Hohenheim as the lead. Perhaps I forgot something or when I first watch it I didn't understand something. If anyone has comments on this that would be great. Wait Ed does stop pride tho
HikarutamashiiApr 11, 2018 5:00 PM
Apr 9, 2018 11:52 PM

May 2016
No. Hohenheim would not have made a better protagonist. Not sure what you were watching, but the whole point of the story was the brothers finding a way to get their bodies back. The whole corruption and humunculus thing came by way of them trying to find the philosophers stone. To say the brothers weren’t integral to the story is just wrong. Spoiler Warning

Reshiram_IXApr 9, 2018 11:56 PM
Apr 10, 2018 9:52 PM
May 2017
King Bradley was killed by Scar. Heinkel hurt Kimblee. However Al did take the stone from Kimblee. And yeah Ed did win but the main character always wins the last fight. Hohenheim could have easily been Ed in that fight. And I agree that Hohenheim as a main character has a lot less going for it. The brothers just seem tacked on to me. Even if the 2003 FMA was a plot hole mess. It seemed as if everything that was happening to then was for them. The Homunculus needed Ed to help them make the philosopher stone. They use Ed cuz he was the only one who could have been manipulated and was smart enough to make it. Ed and Al were essential to the plot. Anyone could have replaced Al in the pride fight or replaced Ed in the final battle. The Brothers motivations for trying to get there bodies back is interesting. But doesn't seem to really matter for any of the plot that isn't back story. It just seems more tastefully handled in the 2003 FMA where it is actually important.
I’m just thinking that anyone could have been the main character, I think the best example is the flame alchemist. He does a lot in the story already so making him the lead wouldn’t change much.
HikarutamashiiApr 10, 2018 10:02 PM
Apr 11, 2018 3:24 AM

Aug 2015
Eh why? I like it that way though.. I just finished it a few hours ago. Even though they did nothing big, they are the plot driver. Most of the characters a met and connected to each other mostly through the brothers. And if we are saying about doing something big, I think it doesn't need to have one. Edward told Mira Armstrong the truth about the Central is a small matter, but it led to the Briggs soldier attacking the central latter on, which is one of the big plot driver. Which is pretty awesome for me. IMO XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

965 by _dziku »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.