Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 8, 2018 5:28 PM

Mar 2016
Seriously im searching for horror anime that are truly "building" the horror and make you fear like you are a part of it and so far this one is the only one that does it perfectly i love it (also if you know another anime which is like the description i gave feel free to suggest it :D )

Sep 2, 2018 10:34 AM

Oct 2016
Same! It’s probably the only anime that I’ve religiously rewatched over and over because the cast is so diverse and unique. I just love it so much!
Sep 2, 2018 10:41 AM

Apr 2012
Personnally this anime was underwhelming. Just a few jumpscares with terrible cheap plot and characters. But at any rate, the way Japanese people conceive horror, it's more about the mood than truly scary stuff. In that regard Ghost Hound was pretty great, heaps better than Ghost Hunt
Sep 12, 2018 6:22 AM

Jul 2014
I always look for new horror anime, but it never as good as ghost hunt. I like it because it scared me from the atmosphere, story. I hate jumpscares

Ito junji have some episode that really scared me
Oct 10, 2018 3:26 AM

Apr 2016
Totally agreed. Rewatched it a couple days ago and still got those goosebumps xD
My one and only favourite horror anime. Nothing can gave me horror than this.
Feb 6, 2019 8:04 PM

Jun 2011
EratiK said:
Personnally this anime was underwhelming. Just a few jumpscares with terrible cheap plot and characters. But at any rate, the way Japanese people conceive horror, it's more about the mood than truly scary stuff. In that regard Ghost Hound was pretty great, heaps better than Ghost Hunt
The most memorable 'scary moment' in Ghost Hunt is probably the scene underground in the Bloodstained Labyrinth arc, how is that part a "jumpscare"?

Jumpscare is like in Shiki episode 7 I think,

I also don't get your criticism of "terrible cheap plot and characters". I tried reading some of the negative reviews and they pretty much said "muh development nonexistent, bad!!"

To respond to the OP, yea this remains the only horror anime that legit scared me, though categorizing this anime as just another horror anime could be misleading since a lot of people claim to hate it because it's not scary for the whole 25 episodes duration. It's more supernatural with a little spice of horror.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 9, 2019 8:16 AM

Mar 2014
Higurashi far much better than this anime.

some weird stuff i found about this anime:
- Mai has many psychic abilities but never use it effectively. they would't need Masako to help them on every single cases. just let Mai sleeping soundly on the night and ask her about her dream in the morn. all her dreams always give valuable clues to the case they're in.
- there is no exorcism, everything is about purification. if those soul were so obedient, they wouldn't turned into a ghost, right?
- wtf is Takigawa and Ayako really doing on this anime? why Takigawa can't exorcise evil spirit from living humans? it's a monk job. that's why a monk had to travel through the land to exorcise evil spirits. what kind of Miko (priestess) that she can't sense spirits? Also, Miko main role is not for exorcising evil spirits but giving blessings, the reason why most Miko don't venture and given a duty to take care of a temple/shrine. honestly, i think they both are just a conman.
- about Kenji's case, there is always a strict "ethos" for any construction companies everywhere to re-check the building first before the takeover. Christmas is sure make people blind.
- about Urado's case, when Mai dreaming about Masako location, don't you think it'd better if Mai guides Masako out from the room and move to the nearest place from her rescue team entry point? she gave Masako a key instead. it sure give me a great joy and happiness if i were kidnapped and kept inside an "unlocked" room and then my esper friend used her ability to find my location and when we met each other, she gave me a tomato, telling me to not afraid and keep strong and after saying that she then left me behind to go reporting to the police office while she aware the kidnapper can kill me in the next second.

so, basically, there are too many weird stuff on this anime to make me feeling horror
Nym_Jul 9, 2019 8:48 AM
May 5, 2020 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
This and Ghost Hound (coincidentally similar names) really did it for me!
Jun 14, 2020 2:13 PM

Apr 2017
I agree, this is one of the few legit creepy anime out there. I get chills every episode. Ghost Hound was also pretty good as mentioned, but I think that this show does creepy atmosphere even better, even if overall I think Ghost Hound had better story. This show is a bit too episodic, but it's definitely out of the best horror anime out there. There is too little of genuinely scary horror anime. I can't really think of any comparable show from the ones that I watched.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil

More topics from this board

» Ghost Hunt Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Chelle - Jan 27, 2007

69 by SSSniperDyn »»
Jan 29, 7:03 PM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 1 Discussion

BlueYoshi - Oct 24, 2007

48 by s9fy »»
Dec 30, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 7 Discussion

Kayro - Mar 4, 2008

36 by glittergalaxy »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:05 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Mar 5, 2008

60 by xoxokiller »»
Oct 18, 2023 5:15 AM

Poll: » Ghost Hunt Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

windy - Mar 30, 2007

145 by akhorvash753 »»
Aug 21, 2023 4:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.