Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Apr 8, 2018 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
This reminds me a lot of the first episode of season 1, like how they met and all those lil souma tickling naked erina xD

Its a great start since they all know which path they will go to and will lead the next following episodes.
Apr 8, 2018 2:37 PM
Feb 2018
I do not know why, but this anime makes me so excited that you forget that it only talks about cooking.
As for this episode, it was a good editorial in my opinion.
Apr 8, 2018 2:51 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, it's back!
After the first season, Yukihira finally got his revenge on Erina but she doesn't want to admit it xD
So Erina finally got it and now will fight against her dad.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 8, 2018 2:56 PM

Aug 2013
Good to see this part of the anime getting adapted. Erina's growth as a character really shines in this part of the series so I'm excited to see it again. Also, she's clearly channeling Mulan vibes right now: "Let's get down to business, to pass the exams!"

Anyways, randomly thought though. With Azami's vision for gourmet cooking, he literally wants the world to starve. If food isn't cooked in accordance to his vision and he wants to bring the essence of true gourmet to life, basically he is only intending to feed the upper class. Everyone else in the world has to deal with scraps. If Central takes over the world, the plebs will die. Inaccurate opinion but it just makes me feel like that's how his shit would roll XD.
Don't believe the hype.
Apr 8, 2018 3:15 PM

Jul 2017
YOOOOO, Erina’s character development!! 🔥💯
Seeing Erina’s growth, I now have conflicted feelings as to whether Megumi’s still best girl, but actually Erina 😞
FlexstyleApr 8, 2018 4:42 PM
Apr 8, 2018 3:18 PM
Jan 2018
Food anime my ass. That opening was straight up battle shounen. Megumi was about to square up!!!
Apr 8, 2018 3:19 PM

May 2015
Great to see this back again, and off to a great start. Loved the first episode.

So much hype now that Erina's regained her former self.

Apr 8, 2018 3:21 PM
Jul 2017
The opening is lit as always
Apr 8, 2018 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
Looks like war's gonna happen. I loved the OP and oh yeah, they keep introducing the ending song in the best way in this season too. Let's see Erina's role as the "good" girl now and how everyone will do at the test.
Apr 8, 2018 4:30 PM

Sep 2015
From the OP i think its going to cover up to bear meat dish because this is second half of s3 so yeah.. another 12 ep.

Soon the anime will get! teach me! Erina sensei! *ifuknowwhatimean

Takumi is member of Souma's harem from the ed
ZBlastHistoryApr 8, 2018 4:35 PM
Into the Internet!
Apr 8, 2018 4:38 PM

Jan 2018
Oh Erina. I love you even more!

兵家
"Green how I want you green. Green wind. Green branches."
Apr 8, 2018 4:57 PM

Apr 2016
its back again!!
LOL I couldn't stop laughing at the Chicken Soma hatching from the eggs
I also enjoyed seeing Erina's flashback with Saiba, looks like its going to be another great season!
Apr 8, 2018 4:59 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
NOW THIS IS ANIME TO BE HYPED ABOUT.

More creative than that MHA which I don't understand the hyped from it.
Apr 8, 2018 5:00 PM

Jan 2008
With the previous half of the season having terrible animation, I'm worried about this one that I can't help be bothered by the little things like recycling clips and the excessive use of sliding and zoom shots.

Lot's of Erina was nice though.
Apr 8, 2018 5:08 PM

Dec 2016
hahaha Erina still will not tell the truth about Yukuhira Souma's dish? What a hard nutsheel XP

It was a nice start! :D I want to see how this goes. Will Erina say that Souma's dish is delicious at the end, I wonder...? I hope she does.

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
Apr 8, 2018 5:48 PM

Jan 2017
I didn't even realise this came out, so lucky I remembered. It was honestly just what I needed

The op was nice, not so much with the ed
Apr 8, 2018 5:55 PM

Oct 2016
Nice episode, gonna try to make that plate tomorrow, time to put some eggs into the freezer.

Btw Who Voiced Erina This Episode? I cant tell if its the first seiyuu or the one who did it last season?
Apr 8, 2018 6:19 PM

Jul 2010
Maitoz said:
Btw Who Voiced Erina This Episode? I cant tell if its the first seiyuu or the one who did it last season?

It's Kanemoto Hisako, the VA who voiced her last season. She's doing a good job though and I got used to her voice so I'm not complaining, despite liking Erina's old seiyuu a lot.

This episode was great, I loved Erina's development and just everything about the scene of her and Souma. I'm guessing that her saying "delicious" to him about a dish he made will be saved for the end of the series, haha.
Apr 8, 2018 6:24 PM
EDM ❤

May 2012
God i love this season and with SnS back we hyped for the next 3 months.

Erina senpai is going to lead and it seems like a really promissing 1st episode.

For real i would buy a Souma Chicken plushie >.>
Apr 8, 2018 6:49 PM

Oct 2017
That ED is quite a spoiler...
Apr 8, 2018 6:49 PM
Feb 2018
Boy oh boy it's finally coming ! Great start tho since erina and shouma getting more close together. I'm hoping the next episode would be as good as this one
Apr 8, 2018 6:52 PM

Feb 2017
but how did it taste?!?!?
Apr 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Jul 2016
Another really good pair of an op and ed.

Erina was pretty gloomy, until Yukihara cheered her up. He's always doing that, even though he is always annoying her to no end. If he wasn't an overconfident strong-willed and supportive fighter, it just wouldn't be him. Those cheap eggs really upped the quality of that tempura bowl. Erina gave her rallying speech, after remembering how fun cooking can be. She never gave Soma the answer he wanted ; she ignored the "but how did it taste?" question so much. She's just hiding it for now

Apr 8, 2018 7:12 PM

Jan 2011
weird watching shokugeki on a sunday i'm okay with this.

converted Nakiri is best Nakiri ,the amount of souma smugness was too much lol no way she was gonna give ya the satisfaction .

enjoyed this episode more than most of the last season
Apr 8, 2018 7:41 PM
Jan 2016
Finally SNS is back, i missed this anime so much!

Really nice "first episode", finally they are focusing on Erina's past and how Souma will help her development, Erina looked too cute after entered Souma's room!

And the final speech by Erina, was too perfect!

Hype for next episode, as always!
Apr 8, 2018 7:50 PM

Jan 2016
Yay the food wars are back ^^

Alright, I think this is the turning point for Erina. From being merciless and antagonistic at times, now she's willing to help the Polar Star residents to fight against her father :P
THANKS SENPIEX
Apr 8, 2018 7:52 PM

Dec 2015
I like Erina's newfound determination, but I hope it doesn't crumble the moment she sees/talks to her father.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 8, 2018 8:40 PM
Mar 2017
Loved how it's starting so far.
Did anyone else notice how the egg scene was from the first op?
Apr 8, 2018 9:25 PM

Jul 2017
Cute moments and hype towards the end. This ep got me more hyped than last episode from last cour. 9/10 great ep.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Apr 8, 2018 10:37 PM

Jan 2018
So happy this is finally back and with a very solid start too. Maybe it's just been a while but the food in this episode looked better than ever.
Apr 8, 2018 10:45 PM

Oct 2017
Great start. Erina is sexy as usual though I miss her old voice.
Apr 8, 2018 11:07 PM

Jan 2015
So it begin. Erina finally (50%) officially declaring her rebellion against the Central and her father.
Lots of little Erina in the past, so cuute. >_<
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 8, 2018 11:17 PM
Mar 2017
YESSSSS SNS IS BACCCKKK,I was so hype for this 2nd cour of 3rd season and it also start right off the bat with erina and souma interaction from before till now and the peoples of polar star dormitory im sure they will increasing their cooking skill and try to perfected their specialization and i can't wait for that and i really wanted soo bad that the peoples of Polar Star Dormitary will Crushed the central and make erina's dad acknowledged their foods.and Bring Back the Golden Age of Totsuki and Polar Star Dormitory GANBATTE MINNA!!!!
Apr 8, 2018 11:23 PM

Oct 2017
Sweet, this is definitely the start of the Erina hype train! Better hop on it now, we got a long journey ahead of us.

Great solid episode full of much-loved chibi comedy and lots of Erina. For some reason, I was worried the episode will fail to deliver but it surpasses all expectations I had. Opening was good but it wasn't the first opening level of standard which was fine. Ending was great as always even though it was quite simple. And entertaining voice-acting from Yoshitsugu Matsuoka for Soma. This episode solidified why he's one of my favorite voice actor and why Soma is one of my favorite character. Really looking forward to the rest of the adaptation. Here's hoping the quality will be this great all the way to the end of the season.

Oh, and about the soundtrack here, it was really nice of course. The Dish Towards Tomorrow made a comeback, yay! :D
OVERPOWERED99Apr 8, 2018 11:27 PM
My Anime List < Have a good day! > My Manga List
Apr 9, 2018 12:04 AM

Feb 2017
awesome first episode :) loved it
アニメ幼女見てるのが楽しい
Apr 9, 2018 12:18 AM

May 2012
Good to see my main girl Erina-sama is finally back in form. Now it's time for her to start owning fools with her majestic sexiness! :D Looking forward to a fun new season!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Apr 9, 2018 12:28 AM
Jan 2016
Episode 1 is much better than i expected. The new opening is lit! 🔥
Apr 9, 2018 1:52 AM

Mar 2013
Glad to see finally Food Wars is back!

The Opening is lit, showing the glimpse of what happens until the latest arc in the manga... Erina's character improve a lot in this part, I can feel It in the manga too...

Can't wait to see Hayama appears in this arc, and probably the big battle aswell...
Apr 9, 2018 2:51 AM

Feb 2017
Soma is back with his cooking! Really fun episode, Soma and Erina were fun but the most hilarious was Hisako.

Looking forward to the Promotion exams arc.
Apr 9, 2018 4:15 AM

Jul 2015
The show took off right where the last season stopped.
A lot of focus was on Erina's past and finding out what was important to her about cooking. That's its fun.
She didn't give Yukihira a response on his cooking even if it was amazing.
Now for the preparation of the final exam.
Apr 9, 2018 5:14 AM

Dec 2013
The op shows that we are covering an insane amount of material. All the way up to the current stuff?

I have never been an Erina fan but I really liked her in that last scene.

The chicken Soma’s were hilarious.
Apr 9, 2018 5:16 AM

Dec 2013
ZBlastHistory said:
From the OP i think its going to cover up to bear meat dish because this is second half of s3 so yeah.. another 12 ep.

The op features a lot of stuff from the Régiment de Cuisine.
Apr 9, 2018 5:25 AM

Feb 2014
Oh yeah! Food Wars is back! =D

This was a really solid first episode to get the ball rolling for the second cour. Soma is, of course, at its best with his Chicken Tempura dish that gave Erina an amusing foodgasm. The little Yukihira chicks made me laugh. XD

Other good humour moments was Tsukasa's nerves on T.V, Hisako going crazy when she couldn't find her "precious" Erina and Soma's many amusing expression during his chat with Erina in his room.

Not to forget, Erina's rally call to the rest of the dorm members was epic too. Soundtrack was on point, the new OP song is pretty good and the ED song is VERY hype. I'm so looking forward to seeing this arc arc adapted to where I am with the manga right now. =D
Apr 9, 2018 6:20 AM

Apr 2012
I was there ion the edge of my seat waiting all day to see when this would be available. took some time to get there. I usually skip the OP as there are always spoilers in it. I usually watch it at the end of the season.

As for the ep I was pleased with it; it continued on where the other left off. Only thing I would have done different would have been a scene between Erina and Souma where should would have said you as Jouichiro's son. !

But as I have not read the manga well it could be there and maybe not. Loved how we got some of the back story with Jouichiro and Erina. I have been waiting to get more info on that since season 2. Now if we could only get info as to why Johichiro came before the Autumn election I would be happy. No spoilers please . waiting to see if its in the anime or else I will catch up in the manga.

as usual I can't wait to see the next ep.

Apr 9, 2018 7:03 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh yeah!!! its finally back, and right where it ended on last cour. Erina sure has able to realize one big thing about cooking - and that is FUN!!!

* sure those central really wants all those on the polar dormitory to be oust of the school but with the help of Soma and Erina it will be a great one for them...

*and the quote that Yukihira Soma and Jouichiro said is so true even in real life "IF YOU KNOW WHERE YOURE HEADED, ITS NO FUN AT ALL". sometimes those unexpected things or surprises are making lives happier and more exciting...

LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT EPISODE!!!
Apr 9, 2018 7:09 AM

Sep 2011
I forgot how much fun i have with this series in the short hiatus between seasons, art seems significantly more on point than last cour too. Erina's character development is probably the best addition to the show thus far, her and souma butting heads(or more like her one sided butting head) was always entertaining to me but something about their dynamic now is just way more entertaining and kind of heartwarming whilst still being funny. Granted im a sucker for characters that start off disliking the other but eventually warm up as long as its not too fast, and I like that generally the justification for erina isnt that shes just warming up to souma its more she as a whole was acting wrongly most the series not just to him. Its smart on the show cause it doesnt just sweet erina's attitude under the rug and its also not doing it at such a fast pace that shes just suddenly different.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 9, 2018 8:22 AM

Sep 2013
Erina-sama is miracle of the universe :'(
The opening implies they will fly through the manga all the way to the current chapters.
Apr 9, 2018 8:51 AM

Jan 2014
Erina be lyke "I'm ready to please you tonight"
Apr 9, 2018 9:05 AM
Jul 2015
A really good episode with several great throwbacks to season 1. Personally as an anime-only fan of the series I've found it very difficult to focus my attention on Erina or really care about her character and situation as a whole. However, this episode has definitely changed my pre-existing opinion of her and I genuinely look forward to her character growth in relation to soma and her aid to the rest of the gang. All in all, looking forward to the rest season of 3.
Apr 9, 2018 9:24 AM
Nov 2017
I definitely thought it would've been funnier if Soma served Nakiri one of his "creations" right after serving her the tempura chicken egg bowl and everyone came running upstairs to stop her XD. But I cant stay that that ending wasnt satisfying as all hell
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.