Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Apr 9, 2018 1:12 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
TheEnhancedExe said:
xkazutox said:
NOW THIS IS ANIME TO BE HYPED ABOUT.

More creative than that MHA which I don't understand the hyped from it.

Me? A Manga reader? Where you get that idea from? my profile? Did you at least check the chapter I read up to? I stopped reading because I want to be surprised by the anime with the color, music, voice instead of the plain black/white on paper. There always new idea on cooking that common people never thought of, and the creator are probably researching around Japan since the food there is getting more diverse in reality.

As for MHA,

Food way always surprised me with food representation. This series gave me the motivation to cook home than eat out.
Apr 9, 2018 1:18 PM
Apr 2017
Best part when Yukihira chickens appeared xD
Apr 9, 2018 1:46 PM
Mar 2016
xkazutox said:
TheEnhancedExe said:

Me? A Manga reader? Where you get that idea from? my profile? Did you at least check the chapter I read up to? I stopped reading because I want to be surprised by the anime with the color, music, voice instead of the plain black/white on paper. There always new idea on cooking that common people never thought of, and the creator are probably researching around Japan since the food there is getting more diverse in reality.

As for MHA,

Food way always surprised me with food representation. This series gave me the motivation to cook home than eat out.

Well, you read up until chapter 212 while the anime is currently around chapter 170, so I'm assuming you've read that part in the manga. Tbh, I don't have anything about Food Wars at all, I'd just rather have a better anime adaptation. I just don't like it when anime rush things.

I don't try to push my opinion on others. I wouldn't blame manga readers for "screwing up" the rating since manga readers already know what will happen so we have the right to vote after one episode since we know it will turn out good. The ones actually screwing it up are the fanboys who didn't even read the manga and don't even know whether they will like future episodes or not. You rate sth based on how much you like it, so what's wrong if I already know beforehand that I will like the season because I read everything in the manga.

Tbh, the upcoming part in the manga blew my mind which is exactly why I'm already rating it and why I'm hyped for this season despite having read it in the manga. Whether it will blow your mind, idk and idc, so don't expect too much, just enjoy the ride and rate it based on how much you like it.

The reason why I probably like Food Wars less is because I'm more critical towards flaws in story writing and plotholes. Don't get me wrong, the representation of food is great, I haven't really got the time and money to cook for myself though, so it can't motivate me in that direction like in your case.
Apr 9, 2018 2:03 PM

Feb 2018
OP and ED is good but it also has significance behind it.

In the OP its shows the upcoming battle between Souma V/S Akira and Polar Star Dormitory V/S Central/Elite 10.
In the ED its shows that Souma is almost caught upto Erina and he has already surpassed Joichiro when he was Souma's age.
Apr 9, 2018 2:14 PM
Jun 2016
Excaliburnes said:
renatoorigami said:

could anybody answer my question? thanks :)

If I'm not wrong it's young Jōichirō Yukihira :)

Yes it is. Hoping they animate that part this season
Apr 9, 2018 2:18 PM
Jun 2016
EYeager said:
OP and ED is good but it also has significance behind it.

In the OP its shows the upcoming battle between Souma V/S Akira and Polar Star Dormitory V/S Central/Elite 10.
In the ED its shows that Souma is almost caught upto Erina and he has already surpassed Joichiro when he was Souma's age.

"he has already surpassed Joichiro when he was Souma's age."

No he hasn't, he's not even close. Joichiro was a monster when he was souma's age. There's a scene in the op showing joichiro
Apr 9, 2018 3:26 PM

Oct 2012
Great start, finally Erina is back to her usual self (not that I disliked her otherwise).
I just wonder how they plan to pass those exams if they have to go strictly by Azami's rules to pass them.

Good developement, anyway.
Apr 9, 2018 3:36 PM

Nov 2009
I wasn't expecting much so this was surprisingly good. The animation & visual quality was great (the last season had serious issues on that front). The OP is pretty nice, the ED is alright and thankfully no nano.RIPE this time.

Looking forward to seeing the parents' generation in their school days.
Apr 9, 2018 4:14 PM

Feb 2010
OG_Gattsu said:
YOOOOO, Erina’s character development!! 🔥💯
Seeing Erina’s growth, I now have conflicted feelings as to whether Megumi’s still best girl, but actually Erina 😞

I feel. My heart wants Megumi x Souma to sail because they are so adorable together, the way they support one another. SOOO ADORABLE. But my mind and the past few OP and ED animations are telling me best girl is obviously Erina. The signs are clear. In love triangles, nice girls from the beginning always get friend-zoned it's a an unavoidable trope ;__;

On a side note, this episode was actually really nice in terms of pacing. Everything was executed very clearly and it was nice to see the character development for Erina. Her character annoyed me a lot, and I'm glad she'll actually listen to what people have to tell her and can empathize with others now...which makes her appearances on screen easier to bear.

Souma though is a full on idiot there will not be any development in terms of relationships for this man which is fine since he is very passionate about his cooking. In the end though, I feel bad for whatever girl ends up with this dude LOL the question in the end will be who can actually accompany this guy for life.
Apr 9, 2018 4:23 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Not bad, not bad. Can't wait to see how this starts to get wrapped up with this arc and the extent of the elite ten.

Production is still a little weak but it looks good where it counts so I'm not gonna complain too much.
Apr 9, 2018 4:43 PM

Nov 2015
Really good first ep IMO. Seeing Erina be inspired by Soma's cooking was heartwarming. And that speech. Try hard or leave.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 9, 2018 6:11 PM
Jul 2016
https://gyazo.com/20ae7046696763acebf7630ba6c1c67a

This shot of Erina was absolutely stunning. <3
Apr 9, 2018 7:31 PM

Nov 2011
The first part of the episode was way too fast for me but seems they found a balance in the second part. I hope the pace for this season is slowed down a little.
Nice to see Erina standing up for herself and pushing the others forward. It would be nice if Souma could step aside for everyone else to shine but I doubt that will happen...

And as always, I can count on this to make me hungry haha
Baby, daijobanai...
Apr 9, 2018 7:35 PM

Sep 2011
xkazutox said:

You realize by comparing everything to hero academia as a way of elevating the show your contrasting to it, you just end up making hero academia the gold standard and give it far more presence than the fans do.

Let shokugeki stand on its own merits without the pointless contrast to a series that has almost nothing in common other than being in the same magazine and age group, especially when the series is like right behind a pretty infamous stretch of the manga that has led to it tanking in weekly rankings which it has yet to survive, these kind of dick measuring comparisons just end up backfiring hard when the show you put on a pedestal reaches a rough patch.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 9, 2018 9:58 PM
Jan 2017
Farabeuf said:
It'sback. Nice seeing this bit adapted. Did Erina's bust size increase by a couple of sizes since the last season? She's giving Ikumi a run for her money now.

Exactly... I could just tell by one look.. Erina has developed a lot.. literally...
Apr 9, 2018 10:05 PM
Feb 2017
Great start. It's like the anime never even left... Wait a minute.

Anyway, it's still as good as ever. At least the show's been consistent so you can kind of expect a fanservice scene every time food is involved. It's really not a bad thing in my opinion. Because they never feel like they detract from the overall experience. The anime is still fun and exciting and just grabs your attention even if you couldn't care less about becoming a chef. The fanservice is the big dividing point of course but I'm glad JC Staff knows when to use them and in fact, control its usage. And most impressively of course, since the anime can move so fast without it feeling rushed (again, props to JC Staff), the fanservice never seems to compromise the overall story. There is rarely a dull moment in this show and that's what makes me want to come back to it. Of course, there are other reasons but that's secondary.

Let's just hope we don't get ourselves in another painfully unsatisfying cliffhanger again. It's time to see some epic cooking battles. ^_^
Apr 10, 2018 1:44 AM
Dec 2017
iliyanski89 said:
4/5 for me about this episode. Cocky characters always annoy me. So the tsundere is gonna lead the parade... haha... lets see where this will be going. Looking for more badass Soma, crushing everyone aside.

Me too ...can't wait for Soma to show the cocky ones their place.
Apr 10, 2018 3:16 AM

Dec 2015
The OP and ED are really bland, where did all that Shokugeki flare go?

That said, the episode was great way to start the season. Paved way for the season's plot? Check. Screen-time for all the characters? Check. 900 IQ cooking followed by absurd food-gasm? Check. Should be a fun ride!
~
Apr 10, 2018 4:08 AM

Feb 2012
Fuck that god tongue bullshit, just get married already
Apr 10, 2018 5:25 AM

Jul 2014
Damn Erina... with that kind of cloth she's literally asking Soma to do it.
Apr 10, 2018 6:39 AM

Nov 2017

dunkan85 said:
*haaaah* Here we go once more. Ironically for an anime about food, this has become quite stale over time for me. It's still a decent anime, don't get me wrong, but I feel like we're increasingly just painting by the numbers here.
Certainly doesn't help that (I'm assuming) the focus this season will shift more towards Erina... she's always been one of my least favorite characters in the entire anime :|

O well, this week's dish was, as usual, pretty nice and actually somewhat cleverly made. Hopefully this arc is gonna be better than I feel it will be.

Yeah I second this, and the comment another poster made about this arc feeling pretty lame. The last event I was really hyped for in SNS was the Chinese dish at the festival which I really enjoyed.

This arc just seems very lacklustre and a real yawn, I get its a way to get Erina onside but then I preferred it when the two were antagonists.

Weirdly instead of upping the ante and getting me more invested, the shadowy corporate masterminds are pretty dull.

I hope this arc gets better but I wonder if it will, I haven't read the manga - and this forum is SUPPOSED to be for the anime only not discussion of the manga - however it seems there's a lot of discussion over the arc so I'm willing to bet its a problematic one.
Apr 10, 2018 6:55 AM
Mar 2016
I Just hope my Ship doesn't sink. Souma x Megumi for life!
Apr 10, 2018 8:34 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
AryaJ said:
I Just hope my Ship doesn't sink. Souma x Megumi for life!

I don't think your ship is going to sail to be honest. But if you're lucky, it might never be sunk either. I think this one of those stories were the last panel will be with all the friends cooking together and no romantic conclusion.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 10, 2018 9:22 AM
Oct 2007
What a comeback! Shokugeki is back ... for the third time!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2018 9:48 AM
Jan 2016
Yeah, I'm hungry hahaha. Maybe, I'll try to make that egg tempura, it's really interesting...
Apr 10, 2018 11:37 AM

Jan 2016
The adaptation of what is possibly my favorite manga chapter. And this did not disappoint.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Apr 10, 2018 12:02 PM

May 2012
8.73 ?!

The 1st episode of this season was not even good.
Apr 10, 2018 1:30 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Beautiful. Wonderful. Perfect. A phenomenal way to start the new season.

After all this time, Erina has been a character that's been hard to like, but now that we get to understand what it was like for her as a child, she's much more likable.

This episode conveyed perfectly why Erina's father's way of cooking is wrong, it was wonderfully illustrated through Soma's cooking.

Still wondering why this is called "Food Wars" when it should be called "Soma gets the Ladies Wet". Still so happy this is back.
Apr 10, 2018 2:38 PM

May 2016
The op and ed are decent but not as good as season 2 seriously I miss those times.
It was a pretty decent episode full focus on Erina though it was really needed though.
Apr 10, 2018 4:13 PM
Oct 2016
For the love of all that is holy, please read the manga. There is nothing of substance or interest about this adaptation. After Season 1, the decline was obvious in quality, but even the first cour of season 3 didnt look this horrendous. They did absolutely nothing interesting with the medium of anime here. It was just stills and slow moving shots. None of the moments left any impact like they did in the manga. J.C messed up big time here.
Apr 10, 2018 10:09 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
xkazutox said:

You realize by comparing everything to hero academia as a way of elevating the show your contrasting to it, you just end up making hero academia the gold standard and give it far more presence than the fans do.

Let shokugeki stand on its own merits without the pointless contrast to a series that has almost nothing in common other than being in the same magazine and age group, especially when the series is like right behind a pretty infamous stretch of the manga that has led to it tanking in weekly rankings which it has yet to survive, these kind of dick measuring comparisons just end up backfiring hard when the show you put on a pedestal reaches a rough patch.

I know, it's suck since it always backfired me. It might be pointless to talk against the overwhelming fanbase. But I'm just a normal guy trying to enjoy anime at my pace without the manga and not be ruined by spoiler/meme.

I want the feels and be surprised.
To be excited and waiting for the next ep each week to know what to happen.

Yet the ppl on the media give out it out in term of expectation like "oh this is gonna be bad/good adaption and such."
If someone were to know it is bad, they already know what to expected.

In the end, I can't fight them. And yes, it's a waste of time.
Fuwa_sanApr 10, 2018 10:14 PM
Apr 11, 2018 12:27 AM

Mar 2016
My favourite anime is back! :)
Apr 11, 2018 12:41 AM

Oct 2008
Foodgasms are back!
OP by Luck Life was okay but the ED by Fo'xTails was awesome!
damn! Taneda Risa is back in perfect shape so why didn't they let her voice Erina again!? This is Blasphemy!!!
5/5.

Apr 11, 2018 2:31 AM
Sep 2015
Atlast Food Wars is back... Love to see more of soma's dad's past... Excited !!
Apr 11, 2018 4:39 AM
Jan 2016
i love this!! so glad this didn't disappoint
already hyped up for the next episode! i can't wait to see soma and erina join force togetherr yaas
Apr 11, 2018 6:12 AM

Sep 2011
xkazutox said:
JizzyHitler said:

I know, it's suck since it always backfired me. It might be pointless to talk against the overwhelming fanbase. But I'm just a normal guy trying to enjoy anime at my pace without the manga and not be ruined by spoiler/meme.

Yet the ppl on the media give out it out in term of expectation like "oh this is gonna be bad/good adaption and such."

Your kind of greatly ignoring my point that the comparison to series it has nothing in common with is the problem now the expectations, its just in this particular case your putting all your eggs in one basket that might be hanging off a cliff.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 11, 2018 8:52 AM

Jan 2015
This anime will never dissapoint me.
The Soma's chickens were hilarious. xD
Apr 11, 2018 9:34 AM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
JizzyHitler said:
xkazutox said:

Your kind of greatly ignoring my point that the comparison to series it has nothing in common with is the problem now the expectations, its just in this particular case your putting all your eggs in one basket that might be hanging off a cliff.

That because I'm being vague on this forum thread. I only made a simple comment expressing my opinion about this season so far. And someone else wanted to discuss it further and even talked about manga.
There are forum rules, and I followed that. I'm sure it is not appropriate either to have a long discussion beyond the manga or compare to some other series based on their manga here.
Apr 11, 2018 10:00 AM

Dec 2014
well the episode was kinda nice...It was bad for Nakiri to not say it delicious and all...but Nakiri is changing
Apr 11, 2018 11:01 AM

Dec 2009
I want to try making that dish now, seems simple enough....

I'm going to mess it up somehow though
Apr 11, 2018 3:11 PM

Sep 2016
I'm kinda in dilemma to drop this show now. I've been following this since season 1 and I think it was really good. Season 2 was still okay, but in season 3, the MC purely irritates me whenever I see him because of his high horse attitude. Erina's slave irritated me too in this episode alone.

I don't know, man. Maybe I'm getting too old for this sort of anime.
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Apr 11, 2018 7:06 PM

Nov 2016
uncensored version when? does the BD will have it uncensored?
Apr 11, 2018 7:07 PM

Dec 2013
revyHOLiC said:

There is no uncensored version. There was never an uncensored version for the previous seasons either.
Apr 11, 2018 7:10 PM

Nov 2016
G_Spark233 said:
revyHOLiC said:

There is no uncensored version. There was never an uncensored version for the previous seasons either.
that is sad, nipples only are okay i guess. since it have ecchi tag in genre.
Apr 12, 2018 4:49 AM

Jul 2015
AAAAAAAAYYYYYYY ITS TIME TO GET COOKIN ONCE AGAIN. Finally got that backstory on how she knew the dude's dad. Not being able to enjoy food sounds like a living hell to someone like me, as food is the second greatest part of my days on this planet. I love eating. Anyway, episode was good, and I'm happy to have this series back, just like Nakiri seemed happy to eat Yukihira's Chicken's Egg Tempura Bowl.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Apr 12, 2018 7:32 AM

Nov 2014
Erina still attached with her pride.
Apr 12, 2018 9:20 AM

Mar 2013
Farabeuf said:
I don't think your ship is going to sail to be honest. But if you're lucky, it might never be sunk either. I think this one of those stories were the last panel will be with all the friends cooking together and no romantic conclusion.

I do have my doubts... Because it's a Shounen Jump adaptation: and like almost at every Shounen Jump-titles gave a couple in their franchise - In Dragon Ball: Song Goku and Chichi; in Naruto: Naruto and Hinata (to be honest, unexpected...); and in Fary Tale: Natsu and Lucy; etc. Where then isn't out closed yet that case.
Apr 12, 2018 5:45 PM
Apr 2018
Miss the OP from last cour! I just found it very fitting and exciting as things take a dark turn. The new one is alright though. It'll probably grow on me.

Glad to have our show back! Missed it like crazy even though it's been four months lol. Can't wait to see Erina lead our troop to victory! It's a whole new era now
Apr 12, 2018 5:46 PM

Nov 2009
OH GOD

Wish I was one of those Yukihirachicks too...

I want to peck at naked Erina too...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Apr 12, 2018 7:48 PM

May 2015
Next episode preview… Erina + glasses + business suit = Yummy!
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2018

56 by Beguni »»
Apr 13, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 12 Discussion

nickehhhhhh - Aug 8, 2018

44 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 5:21 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 10 Discussion

tidoesstuff - Aug 9, 2018

27 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 4:14 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 20, 2018

92 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 2:45 AM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 13, 2018

130 by aod-kun »»
Oct 31, 2023 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.