Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 7, 2018 7:34 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
LOL one of Sanji's most epic nosebleeds since Fishman Island!!
I liked how Pudding's split personalities were shown throughout the episode
The wedding finally begins!
one of my favorite moments in the WCI arc is happening next episode!! <3
Apr 7, 2018 7:47 PM

Dec 2013
Intense build up to an impressive wedding. I can’t wait for everything to go down next week.

Sanji the actor!
Apr 7, 2018 7:49 PM

Apr 2014
I cannot help but laugh and smile. Even though what is bound to happen. XD
Apr 7, 2018 8:05 PM

Nov 2016
This was such a slow episode,but great face

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 7, 2018 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
Lol Sanji, how much of that is really acting?
Apr 7, 2018 8:21 PM

May 2015
Sanji's bloody blast off never ceases to amaze me! XD
Apr 7, 2018 8:38 PM

Mar 2016
Good thing they got blood donor or Sanji will pass out for the entire wedding due to that blood-boosters he got! Afterward, Sanji's 'acting' impressed Bege XD

The wedding has begun, and the assassination is about to start!
Apr 7, 2018 10:59 PM

Dec 2014
lol sanji ..Ikinda feel bad for him..but this is good in it's own way I guess... finally the chaos starts
Apr 7, 2018 11:24 PM
Sep 2014
Somehow this made me nervous too. Can't wait for the next episode. Also I wonder how much is Sanji acting at the end.
Apr 8, 2018 12:28 AM

Nov 2012
"What a great actor he is". Bege, I don't think you understand how Sanji works.

Overall it was a funny episode.
"I can have food or drinks spilled on me, or even be spit at and ill laugh about it ,
However , If for any reason you hurt a friend of mine, I won't forgive you!"

- Red-Haired Shanks
Apr 8, 2018 2:06 AM

Jul 2016
And so the wedding finally starts.

Apr 8, 2018 2:48 AM

Dec 2011
this is an excellent example on how to build and compensate for the implied manga bits,also has anyone noticed that recently all the recaps have been a lot smaller?
Apr 8, 2018 2:58 AM

Feb 2016
after 2 episodes of preparation the wedding will finally start , can't w8 till next week. wonder if i can keep myself from reading the manga for some 8-9 years to come :/
Apr 8, 2018 3:06 AM

Feb 2013
Bege, he isn't acting, it's just that her kawaii level is out of this world, Sanji couldn't handle it.
Apr 8, 2018 3:47 AM

Oct 2017
Sanji should be nominated for an Oscar with that kind of acting skill.
Apr 8, 2018 4:55 AM

Nov 2015
Man I am so nervous for this wedding, never felt so nervous in One piece untill now...
Apr 8, 2018 5:41 AM

Mar 2012
I hope Sanji won't do anything stupid.
Apr 8, 2018 6:05 AM
EDM ❤

May 2012
G_Spark233 said:
Intense build up to an impressive wedding. I can’t wait for everything to go down next week.

Sanji the actor!

Someone give that man an oscar
Apr 8, 2018 6:44 AM

Jul 2008
Bravo Sanji, bravo. Excellent stunt work with that nosebleed. You really went all out.
Apr 8, 2018 6:46 AM

Sep 2015
The pace in this episode was really fine!
But I know they are almost reaching the manga, so what's their plan?
Apr 8, 2018 7:15 AM
Apr 2017
Been a really long while since they adapted 1 entire chapter in an episode, and they did it well. The episode in general was good. Did a great job of building up the tension and had great funny moments to top it off.
Apr 8, 2018 7:39 AM

Dec 2013
shiro_kai said:

They are still nearly 40 chapters behind and they’ll eventually slow down the pacing back to 3/4 of a chapter per episode.
Apr 8, 2018 8:05 AM

Jul 2013
A rather very slow and boring setup episode. All of these things that are now leading up to this wedding. I hope they won't fuck around with the pacing and it will be good.
Apr 8, 2018 8:05 AM

Sep 2015
G_Spark233 said:
shiro_kai said:

They are still nearly 40 chapters behind and they’ll eventually slow down the pacing back to 3/4 of a chapter per episode.

But they have hiatus once at each 3/4 chapters too, Oda will have to give them a little of extra material again, or in less than a year we will have to insert some fillers or put the story in the slower pace we ever saw.
Apr 8, 2018 9:06 AM

Jun 2015
Shit's finally bout to go down, can't wait for it *_*
Apr 8, 2018 9:47 AM

May 2017
The pressure build up in this episode is very intense, i jittered. A very rare moment in One Piece.
Apr 8, 2018 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
Gotta sleep to recover, the party is going smoothly so far.
Apr 8, 2018 12:25 PM
Mar 2017
Hey guys! I finally, finally caught up. I just watched episode 831 minutes ago and it was so awesome! Bege's comment of Sanji's acting is the best moment while Nami putting Luffy in his place (as usual) is 2nd for me. XD

But anyway, wow, what a ride. One Piece has everything I love about anime--enthralling world, captivating plot, mind-blowing twists, fascinating and relatable characters, heart-stopping actions, heartbreaking deaths Spoiler, and more. That's why in no time, One Piece became my most favorite anime of all time.

I'm so glad I didn't let the number of episodes discourage me. In fact, in my opinion, that is one of this anime's advantage. You can really get attached to the SH crew and other notable characters to the point where you can't imagine life without them. From the first episode, I immediately knew my life was about to change now that I discover this treasure.

One Piece truly deserves all the success and praise it receives. A true classic, indeed. :) Can't wait for the next episode!

P.S.: Since I caught up with the anime, I'm now planning to read the manga. Where should I start? Thank you in advance! :D
Apr 8, 2018 2:18 PM

May 2013
Luffy sleeping, the pace is still a little slow.

Apr 8, 2018 2:41 PM

Oct 2016
That Sanji xDDDDD
Apr 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Jul 2013
So the party is in full swing. I really wanted to know about the relationship between Big Mom and the woman on the picture, RIP that guy who asked her about it.

Beges preparations are made. I wasn't sure what they want to do with the living door, but Gotti handled that pretty quick. Seems like Big Mom loves tressure chests. It was so funny to see Luffy playing around with Beges body, but Nami strikes again. :D

God damn that nosebleed of Sanji was crazy lol. Pudding for sure can be such a sweet girk but I hope Sanji calms down and don't forget what she really wants to do to him. Especially at the end where Bege said: "What a great actor he is", I almost lost it :D

Can't wait for the next episode. I really want to know what Luffy has planned.

Apr 8, 2018 3:24 PM
Mar 2014
PurpleRose328 said:

P.S.: Since I caught up with the anime, I'm now planning to read the manga. Where should I start? Thank you in advance! :D

Start with chapter 862

https://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/series/one-piece-2/

Not all manga chapters are translated exactly the same
Apr 8, 2018 4:15 PM

Dec 2014
Chilling out before the party hijacking, epic nosebleeds and an impressive party. Great episode and the following episode should be great too.
Apr 9, 2018 6:21 PM

Feb 2015
The tension is incredible despite Sanji looks like he is gonna mess it up. No problem, proceed with the plan and lets try it.
Apr 10, 2018 4:43 AM

Mar 2015
Lmao now that's a nosebleed scene!

Things are really starting to pick up, gotta love the obvious buildup of tension here!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 12, 2018 1:47 PM

Apr 2013
Next episode we'll finally get to the good part... I hope, maybe it will be the episode after that since the pacing is still horrible xD
Apr 14, 2018 2:52 AM
Jun 2015
Can't wait for the plan to kick in the next episode !
Apr 24, 2018 8:43 AM

May 2010
I do hope it's all an act on Sanji's part lol, he looked like he was cooling his head down just before they left, so maaaaybeeeee...

Whoa, wedding is already here, I thought it would take another ~20 episodes or so. But here we are!
May 16, 2018 11:50 AM

Jun 2015
This is the hardest trial Sanji can go through.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Aug 8, 2018 12:56 PM

Dec 2016
Sanji’s biggest enemy this episode was himself lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Aug 10, 2018 4:52 PM

Sep 2016
You can feel the tension in the air in this part, looks like they're finally going to clash.

Props for the acting skills of Sanji
Oct 22, 2018 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
I'm really glad they didn't make a whole thing about the door knowing something's up and alerting everyone.
Sanji is TOTALLY acting ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jan 12, 2020 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
A good buildup, it is making me excited to see what will happen in the next couple of episodes.

Luffy is as childish as ever. Honestly, I think that's an endearing trait. But alas, no one is safe from Nami.

"What a great actor" Bege felt like he was witnessing supreme acting skills the likes of which Leonardo DiCaprio can't hope to topple.

Still though, I just realized it but won't Katakuri be able to see through the plan since he has the ability to see into the future? I know Bege commented on it saying "He will be a pain in the ass to deal with" but how does he expect the plan to go this smoothly with his presence? Or maybe I should be patient and wait for the details of his ability to unveil.
removed-userJan 12, 2020 11:41 AM
Jul 18, 2020 9:33 AM

Jun 2016
To start with, I quickly realized that not only did Luffy swap Law for another supernova alliance, but Bege largely plays the same role as Law in the group dynamic. He is a fish out of water, he is the main strategist, he is overly serious, and the Straw Hats, specifically Luffy, are a menace that he must control to maintain his plan. I'm sure you could criticize this by saying it's somewhat boring that we have the same comedy dynamic immediately after Law left the crew, but the fact that I was howling and laughter at seeing Luffy open every door of Bege’s body as he shoved him back inside and then commented on how he should have killed him after all made me realize that there is no reason to. This dynamic is funny enough to repeat.

There was also an interesting balance of tension, and comedy throughout the entire episode. For instance Sanji losing his mind, constantly calling back to that internal scream, until finally crashing into the rooftop was classic Sanji humor. “EHHHHHH?!” It reminded me of when he was trying to save Nami in Thriller Bark and he kept getting lost in her beauty. ‘IS THIS A GODDESS?? Oh it’s just Nami!’ It also reminded me of when he was interacting with Viola, trying to be cool, but losing himself in his emotions and screaming at the top of his lungs every five seconds. This case was Sanji's protective and tactical mind fighting with his heart and creating that composed and cool vs emotional and explosive dynamic. However, if this wasn't One Piece, we could have imagined this scene in a much different light. If it wanted to carry an immensely heavy tone, they could have played the part of Sanji attempting not to give away that he knows the plan, while feeling anger toward Pudding. It could have been a silent and anxiety driving scene.

Instead, this role was largely played by Bege. We saw him walking through the celebration with his assessing eyes, the same kind of body language he used while he was pursuing Sanji and Caesar in Zou; just this time on our side. There was dramatic and serious music overlapping the sounds of celebration and chatter, we saw Judge genuinely feeling triumph and smiling in a way which is rare for him creating a sense of dramatic irony, and Bege literally had to do what Sanji would hypothetically do in another show. He had to not give away the fact that he was betraying Mom when her candy-candy son started pushing him. His side of things was really engaging and supplied the weight of this upcoming encounter, he used his strategy to disguise his men, jam the snailsponders, and get everything into position. The fact that my natural bias is towards enjoying a character like Bege so much definitely helps make his addition to the episode all the more meaningful. I’m glad Gotti cut the doors face off because if they didn’t at least do that, it would feel far too dumb for such a smart character. That said, I’m still worried about it!

Outside of the Straw Hats being a source of many laughs and fun, and Bege being a source of impending chaos and life threatening stakes, Mom also did so by bringing up the Tamate Box. When speculating on what could go wrong I kept Luffy in mind, and the suspicious underlings on Mom’s side, soon Katakuri became an obvious obstacle, and this episode reminded me that the explosive Tamate box and Sanji are even more sources of everything going horribly wrong to worry about. Overall, this was a perfect set up episode; full of fun with a heavy tone, moving everyone into place, and outlining all these sources of potential disaster. It’s like a volcano full of fascinating characters brimming to explode. And another reason why it is so exciting is because the goal here is to save the Vinsmokes. It doesn’t seem obvious to me that this will play out formulaically, the typical Luffy fight and beat bad guy set up. Instead, it feels like an Impel Down scenario, foes which are overwhelmingly powerful, and a goal which can be achieved without beating them. That lack of necessity to stick to formula makes the possibilities and directions this conflict could go feel endless!
Aug 9, 2021 4:49 PM

Sep 2015
Yonji out of all his brothers is the most talkative, and reacts more to things, even offered a grape to someone as well this episode, hes by far more human than his other two brothers in comparison.

And get a grip Sanji!! Pudding is going to shoot you!! Don't let your feelings get to you!

But I thought Vito messed up the whole plan, but seems like it's still going in plan for now.... Rorero
August 6th 2023: Biggest upset ever, deception, selfishness, or scammed, manipulated. Heavy damage costs, and more. Days since: 15 Last updated: 8/21/2023

One Piece Episode 1041 & 1042 & 1047 & 1048 & 95.75%/1049 & 1053 were a mistake and Uta brought the salvation -AhriTheS3xyFox

Aug 23, 2021 1:02 AM

Jun 2019
What an actor Sanji is... LMAO. Yeah... really.

For a second, I thought Sanji's gonna mess up the plan because of his nosebleed. LOL
Sep 5, 2021 4:04 AM

Aug 2021
The nosebleed on thinking about kiss was too epic
Nov 1, 2021 9:29 AM

May 2016
Sanji simping over his murderous but adorable fiancée might be useful in making her think that he's just a lovestruck buffoon as always but he better snap out of it before he ends up turning into swiss cheese!

I'm very much eager to see Judge's reaction to Big Mom's betrayal since that old fool's undoubtedly the most gullible one in the family to not doubt Big Mom even once.

Jun 1, 2022 3:09 AM
Jul 2018
pudding really is too cute when acting seeing both of her sides was good and the end scene bege saying "what a great actor he is" was really great
removed-userAug 13, 2022 5:05 AM
Jul 30, 2022 5:58 PM

Jan 2021
Sanji is a great actor 💀😭
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 402 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 24, 2009

82 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 401 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ishmael - May 16, 2009

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.