Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online Episode 1 Discussion

Apr 7, 2018 8:20 AM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh boy, the setting does take place in the world setting I had expected.

The OP song is decent I suppose (Eri Aoi) so if you're familiar with her style, it's pretty much what it is. The setting of the show doesn't impress me much. I've played Fatal Bullet not long ago and once you've seen one place, it feels like you've seen them all. (the character designs seems to be faithful so far though)

I'm going to have to get used to LLENN's voice a bit. The action seems fine though so far and didn't waste much time in getting to it. Also, there's not much exploitation so far which is definitely a plus.

First episode felt like a video game. (it feels like playing the Fatal Bullet game).

Edit: I just noticed...the "dead" status is the same as the game.
Modified by Stark700, Apr 7, 2018 9:40 AM

Apr 7, 2018 8:26 AM

Little girl listens to the tall man. The leader doesn't let her act at all and used her to get enemies' attention. There are different groups of enemies, including a group with real training, as the leader guessed, military or such, for training.

Wow, she runs so fast! Her speed got the professional team to resign, with the leader's plan. She's tall in real life...

Both OP & ED are good.

12 eps. total
http://gungale-online.net/bd_dvd/vol_6.html
Modified by tsubasalover, Apr 7, 2018 8:38 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

Apr 7, 2018 9:13 AM

Looks interesting. That speed of hers is like a cheat in PUBG and the high jump on RoS LOL XD Didn't know that Karen in real life is not a loli. Love that pink P90 machine gun though.
Modified by vicexxv, Apr 7, 2018 9:44 AM
Ohayousoro!

Apr 7, 2018 9:46 AM
Needs Pats

Decent start though the pink still seems quite obtrusive and a bit questionable for the setting of the dark themed game, GGO, but I will live with it. I will be interested to see where this season goes, especially, once it passes the manga version. I think I am looking forward to the next few episodes.

Apr 7, 2018 10:00 AM

"Another SAO anime, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

But wait a minute shes cute in real life too!

Also what a vulgar name "P-chan".

Apr 7, 2018 10:02 AM
I love how her friend is wearing tactical clothing and she’s just got a pink outfit in the jungle,
Atleast she put the poncho on, also P-Chan, really?

Apr 7, 2018 10:06 AM

Opening was nice and set the right mood.

I liked that they tried to make this feel like a video game with details such as using first person perspective during the dash and that the ending is emphasizing the cute side of this series.

Solid start hope this continues to be fun.
One Piece episode 914 & 915 were a mistake.

Apr 7, 2018 10:07 AM

Yes, this series begin like a video game, remind me a lot when i played battle royale game. But damn that speed is too much to handle. Interesting. Let's give this series a chance.

Apr 7, 2018 10:08 AM

It was pretty good.

P-chan for the P90, Hahahaa. xD

Just a two man team huh? Pretty bold of them to enter the Battle royale against teams of possibly 6. I assume they're pretty good? xD

The Rappelling thing being used to deduce that the players were actual soldiers was a bit too much if you ask me, they ain't gonna rappel faster in the game just because they can in real life. Anyway I guess those are questions that are better left unasked.

The final combat sequence was pretty good, looks like LLENN is a speed based mid range character. Love the way they're portraying her running/ dashing, feels really cool.
The real LLENN a.k.a Karen is also pretty good if you ask me. XD

Anyway, looking forward to more. This was actually much better than what I actually expected.

Apr 7, 2018 10:11 AM
Another horrible SAO episode, I'm suprised this series hasn't died off yet.

Apr 7, 2018 10:11 AM

Great 1st episode..LLENN is definitely strong..At first i thought that the studio will cut a lot from light novel, since

Apr 7, 2018 10:12 AM
Someone has a link for ep 1 ?

Apr 7, 2018 10:14 AM
Cocogoat's Simp

Dude, this is what GGO from the original SAO should have been. Not some fucking harem lord killing everyone with a damn sword in a first-person SHOOTER game. In here, it's pure guns and tactical strategies and I love it.

Also, I'd love to have Karen in a Duo game. She's just way too good and that pink outfit of hers is smart if you think about it. She's the bait and the second person will be supporting. As long as she has that speed buff though or else they'd be fucked.

5/5

"My job is to honor my contract with Rex Lapis"

- Ganyu

Apr 7, 2018 10:15 AM

speedhacks are considered as cheating, anime heroes always have some kind of advantage, it's very unrealistic

Apr 7, 2018 10:15 AM
Shingster

Kick ass opening from Eir Aoi. Nice to see her back. Hmm the sniper sure is experienced at being able to recognise the type of guns being used just by the sound alone. Those MG gunners though sure were overconfident which cost them. Hmm so skills outside of the game can also be used ingame as well. Llenn sure is fast. The pro team though really are something. Using the suitcase as a hidey hole huh smart. Llenn's small size and agility gives her a hell of a advantage. A strong first episode actually. Llenn sure is cute and the teamup with the veteran sniper when paired with her speed makes them a potent team.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Apr 7, 2018 10:17 AM

I like it. How she run is inhuman and his voice is so kawaii, 5/5

Apr 7, 2018 10:23 AM

After the great first season, the mediocre second season, this third started nicely... i like the shooter style game and the characters were nice too!!! Mixed cute and mixed rude, although i I would have preferred a little more action!!!!

Hello, my litte boy!

Apr 7, 2018 10:39 AM
Oh wow, they took the epilogue of the 1st volume and combined it with a condensed version of the start of Squad Jam to start the series with an entire in media res episode.

This is actually... genius. It sets the tone perfectly and doesn't create false impressions about what this show will be (a battle royale) unlike the novel which made it look like this would be a deep and serious work. Props to 3Hz, god knows A-1 need this kind of creativity...

The most important part, action, was also very good, LLENN firing P-chan was extremely satisfying. If 3Hz can keep this up, this is guaranteed to be a fun watch!
Modified by Mouloxas, Apr 7, 2018 10:43 AM

Apr 7, 2018 10:47 AM
The Shrike

Best bit was finding out that chibi pink girl with high pitched grating voice was actually a very tall serious beauty.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 7, 2018 10:48 AM

Great first epsiode!

All the tactical analysis, action choreographies and teamwork was a delight to watch. Real life Llenn was unexpected but a good addition into this first episode nonetheless.
SushiAnime said:
I love how her friend is wearing tactical clothing and she’s just got a pink outfit in the jungle,

xD, I know right. It’s hilarious how he used her as bait throughout this episode too. I’m curious as to how the two met and formed a team now.

Op and ED both are to my liking. I particularly liked the ED though, since it kind of resembled the cute side of this show. Op, to be honest, was a little bland but it’s good enough. Visuals of the show seem quite good too.

So far so good, let’s hope the Storyline and the Characterization of the show delivers and the fun lasts!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 7, 2018 10:54 AM

One episode in and I already like this more than the main series. The action and tactical maneuvers and strategies were pretty interesting, and this M guy seems like a pretty cool character. Hopefully it continues like this because this was more enjoyable than previous SAO entries.

Also, I know they always have to make the MC stand out, but I can't help but laugh at this girl wearing pink on a battlefield.
"MAPPA is saving anime. I have spoken."

-Hayao Miyazaki, 2020 (source: dude trust me lol)

Apr 7, 2018 10:55 AM

Pretty decent first episode. Karen and Goushi make quite the team. They did well defeating that pro team. There's too much pink and Karen naming her P90 P-chan is just dumb.

Apr 7, 2018 10:55 AM

So we started at 40% at the start of the first Squid Jam of VOl 1 and went to around 80% in only one episode, realy quick.
But i think the next episode beginn with the Prologe, because the Name is "GGO" so they will not ignore the first 40% of Vol1.
Luckily i heard LLENNs and the other voices from Fatal Bullet, so for me the Synchro is good and the art from 3Hz is fantastic and visualized LLENN strugle in the first minutes realy good.
In the first i think we get only Squid Jam 1 in 6 Episodes and hopfully Squid Jam 2 in the last 6 Episodes, but at this point i think we will get also Squid Jam 3

Apr 7, 2018 10:56 AM

Straight into the action is what I like

Apr 7, 2018 10:59 AM

The first episode was good, I liked the main char and the strategist guy. It felt like I was watching a gaming stream lol. The action was also nice showing what she can do. Seeing her IRL is a bit weird.
I enjoyed the ED song more than the OP.
Modified by Skennes, Apr 7, 2018 11:04 AM

Apr 7, 2018 11:04 AM

It's basically just a loli running around with a gun. I didn't hate it.

Apr 7, 2018 11:16 AM

Absolute NO-NO
Sao is already dead, give it a rest dude

「🇱​🇪​🇹​ 🇹​🇭​🇪​ 🇷​🇦​🇮​🇳​ 🇼​🇦​🇸​🇭​ 🇦​🇼​🇦​🇾​ 🇦​🇱​🇱​ 🇹​🇭​🇪​ 🇵​🇦​🇮​🇳​ 🇴​🇫​ 🇾​🇪​🇸​🇹​🇪​🇷​🇩​🇦​🇾​」

Apr 7, 2018 11:23 AM

I actually played Fatal Bullet and gotta say seeing the characters in here is cool af. Not even an SAO fan but if you've ever played any fps or tps this nails the sensation of a shooting game. LLENN is cute but I'm waiting for my girl Pito

Apr 7, 2018 11:31 AM

I lost it when she called that P-90 by the name P-chan. Lmao really?
But really it was a very fun episode.

Apr 7, 2018 11:32 AM

Fk the haters, no matter stupid SAO is, it's still a fun anime.

Apr 7, 2018 11:36 AM
i like this new PUBG anime

Apr 7, 2018 11:36 AM

-_CryingLying_- said:
Absolute NO-NO

Well then I dont think you’re gonna like whats coming in Fall 2018 season hahaha

Apr 7, 2018 11:37 AM

Ummmm, disappointing tbh. It's weird how it feels like it was written by somebody who's never played a first-person shooter before. The last part of the episode was a bit exciting, I'll stick around and see how this turns out.

Apr 7, 2018 11:44 AM

This was decent up to the last scene of the girl against the other team. I'm deeply confused as to how she won that. They could have easily taken her out as she was outnumbered and at close range. I'll give it a 3/5

Apr 7, 2018 11:47 AM

Amazing Op and ED song

Apr 7, 2018 11:48 AM

Still don't know if i will watch it till the end, i'll give couple more episodes but it was really boring (rarely even say that) for me, thought that i was reading a novel. And i really hope that it's not 2 cour.

Apr 7, 2018 11:49 AM

liked the episode a lot, i love battle royale games so maybe is because that. OP and ED are both good and i like the little girl

Apr 7, 2018 11:52 AM

Good episode, she's cute. How does she move so quickly though?

Apr 7, 2018 11:57 AM

Was pretty enjoyable, and I am excited to see more.

Apr 7, 2018 11:58 AM
Lelouch0202 said:

The Rappelling thing being used to deduce that the players were actual soldiers was a bit too much if you ask me, they ain't gonna rappel faster in the game just because they can in real life. Anyway I guess those are questions that are better left unasked.

Quite preposterous considering those game work based on actual player abilities as well. If you know-how, you do-better.

One time it can be said, M is the MVP. I bet it is some average guy with glasses finding joy in deciphering the situations. His analysis and game aspekt had me really interested, even though there is little to no subtle message and arching story. Just kids running away from reality...

Pknoctis said:
Good episode, she's cute. How does she move so quickly though?

Must be some or of skill/equipment. You either go full-plate or full-speed, meaning she has little health. She had element of surprise over plated soldiers, and managed to make several shots first while dashing on an unprepared enemy. Machine guns and explosives ought to get her, in theory. There is M to prevent open fighting, of course.
Re:formed

Apr 7, 2018 12:02 PM

And thus, Loli Art Online begins! JAJAJAJA xDDDD

Apr 7, 2018 12:07 PM

Completely different characters, writer, and studio, but people are still acting like it's the same old SAO lol. If you weren't going to get rid of your bias, then you shouldn't have watched the episode. Just move on. There's plenty of other shows to watch this season.

Apr 7, 2018 12:19 PM

i gotta say, i don't like fortnite, but watchin an anime about fortine is even fuckin worse. battle royale anime, what next? moba anime? cute girls playing dota?
Modified by uninstallthegame, Apr 7, 2018 12:37 PM

Apr 7, 2018 12:21 PM

So this series is going to be about a mary sue in comparison to the previous gary stu. Anyway, as this was wrote by the kinotabi auhtor, the story telling is more compelling, I actually enjoyed very much this start.

Apr 7, 2018 12:30 PM
OP is pretty good, loved the ED tho.

Feels like it's just gonna be a fun show to watch, but obviously people can't stop hating on it because it has "Sword Art Online" in it's name, even though - cast,studio and writer are different.

Since it's the same studio as Princess Principal I'm actually looking forward to what this show will have to offer, since PP was one of my favorite's of Summer 2017.

Apr 7, 2018 12:30 PM

Ranxomare said:
After the great first season, the mediocre second season, this third started nicely... i like the shooter style game and the characters were nice too!!! Mixed cute and mixed rude, although i I would have preferred a little more action!!!!

this is spin-off dude not third season. third season will be airing on fall season

Apr 7, 2018 12:32 PM
Man it felt as if I was playing Fortnite. I was actually waiting for this series to come for a long time and it finally came. I don't care about haters but the last part was pretty amazing. Gonna stick around to see how the story develops.

Apr 7, 2018 12:33 PM

Still don't know what to expect from this series. The first episode was pretty good, but there was little character development. I do hope that it gets better from here. I did enjoy it though, and that's what matters most.

4/5

P.S. - OP and ED are really strong suits, as expected of SAO. Glad Aoi Eir is back and feeling better. She's got a great voice.

Apr 7, 2018 12:34 PM
-_CryingLying_- said:
Dipdebbarma said:

Sao is more alive than your fucking life.
Go get a life dude.

Woah, the best argue back in the history 10/10
Is Saturday fam, i'm looking for something good and then i just passed by on a episode discussion about an anime that i watched, and i didn't liked lol, i'm not giving it a 1/10 and i'm not giving it a 10/10 i'm just dropping an anime of a company that already doesn't have anything better to make money than do useless spin-offs about moe shit and the fanboys just eat the crap "cuz is the fckin SAO"
Is not your Kirito bullshit, just cute girls doing cute gamer shit

Not really, but then again you took your time replying to him, so... Wub wub dubba dubba?
The next story in SAO is in the works (Ainclazation or something), and I agree about them making money out of random spin-offs because there is that stratum of "FaN bOiS" who consume everything named SAO, but then again, who does not misuse their titles? (some dont obviously, but not the majority of capitalistic scum), but...
As for myself I have found three reasons why there would be value in watching this series:
1. It has a great gaming aspekt I am waiting to be implemented in our gaming, and the game itself is interesting. The "M" interests me as an analyst and cool-headed player, I am also interested in seeing who is behind the character (M means Male, obviously).
2. There is that attempt at, probably, subtle plot (which I admit I attended wiki to see before seeing the series), and that is running away from reality into your NERVE GEAR GUN GALE ONLIIIIIIIINE pew pew. Which is a known narrative, but you just can't get tired of seeing proper narratives. Unless you are on the receiving end, duh.
3. And I also cherish tall girls, which was the initial reason I decided to check out a spin-off. Boy I am disgraceful.
Re:formed

Apr 7, 2018 12:34 PM

Robiiii said:
-_CryingLying_- said:
Absolute NO-NO

Well then I dont think you’re gonna like whats coming in Fall 2018 season hahaha

You guessed right lmao

「🇱​🇪​🇹​ 🇹​🇭​🇪​ 🇷​🇦​🇮​🇳​ 🇼​🇦​🇸​🇭​ 🇦​🇼​🇦​🇾​ 🇦​🇱​🇱​ 🇹​🇭​🇪​ 🇵​🇦​🇮​🇳​ 🇴​🇫​ 🇾​🇪​🇸​🇹​🇪​🇷​🇩​🇦​🇾​」

Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store