Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 10:14 AM

Aug 2011
OMG YOU CAN'T LET ME SEE THEY BOTH CRYING AND MAKE ME WAIT ONE WEEK TO SEE WHAT HAPPEN NOW, YOU CAN'T, YOU, FUCKIN, CAAAAAAAAAAN'T

And man what a tragic childhood of Zero Two, daily pain, I understand why she said that she felt bad after that proofs. Fuck.

And her smile as a onichild, FUCKIN ADORABLE MAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

And about her "mother", I think I got it.
I suppose u all know the book about the red oni and the blue oni. The red sacrifices himself to let the blue one go out from their mountain.

This was the same, cause, we can see in one scene that mother's hand are similar than 002's hand, but in blue. That could be the same but reverse, blue oni (I suppose the "other monster-human" they had, sacrificed herserlf knowing that if she showed her something about the world, she'd be killed, and knowing that, she still wanted to help 002 to scape from there, to have a better life.

MAN, I CAN'T, WHAT A GREAT EPISODE FUCK

FUCKIN LOOK THIS, MY HEART
geotraceurApr 7, 2018 10:18 AM
Apr 7, 2018 10:17 AM

Dec 2015
Ah, that was so good, it's been a while since I enjoyed an episode of this anime so much. I really liked how this episode slowly revealed their past, the ending song made it all the better. Little red Zero Two was so freaking adorable omg!! Can't wait for the next episode!

Also, the story of the Beast and the Prince was so sad :/
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 7, 2018 10:17 AM

Jul 2017
damn this ep is best so far, seeing Zero two and hiro and how they came to know each other. Ah so good.
Apr 7, 2018 10:18 AM

Sep 2017
Don't you dare ship hiro with anyone other than zero two.

This episode made me cry so hard.

Poor children. This explains half my doubts.

Best episode so far without a doubt. I want to see the next episode now !!!!!!

I really started crying in the end. BEAUTIFUL.

10/10

ボールルームダンサー
Apr 7, 2018 10:18 AM

Mar 2016
That was undoubtedly a great episode and a well delivered back story. I’m curious how things will progress from here on out.
Apr 7, 2018 10:19 AM

Nov 2011
The picture book was another version of Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid :).
Apr 7, 2018 10:20 AM

Sep 2017
geotraceur said:
OMG YOU CAN'T LET ME SEE THEY BOTH CRYING AND MAKE ME WAIT ONE WEEK TO SEE WHAT HAPPEN NOW, YOU CAN'T, YOU, FUCKIN, CAAAAAAAAAAN'T

And man what a tragic childhood of Zero Two, daily pain, I understand why she said that she felt bad after that proofs. Fuck.

And her smile as a onichild, FUCKIN ADORABLE MAAAAAAAAAAAAN.

And about her "mother", I think I got it.
I suppose u all know the book about the red oni and the blue oni. The red sacrifices himself to let the blue one go out from their mountain.

This was the same, cause, we can see in one scene that mother's hand are similar than 002's hand, but in blue. That could be the same but reverse, blue oni (I suppose the "other monster-human" they had, sacrificed herserlf knowing that if she showed her something about the world, she'd be killed, and knowing that, she still wanted to help 002 to scape from there, to have a better life.

MAN, I CAN'T, WHAT A GREAT EPISODE FUCK

FUCKIN LOOK THIS, MY HEART

The episode was FUCKING BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Really can't wait till next week !!

ボールルームダンサー
Apr 7, 2018 10:21 AM
Nov 2017
Probably my favourite episode so far! Really looking forward to next week and episode 14!
Apr 7, 2018 10:21 AM

Mar 2016
jenanime said:
The picture book was another version of Hans Christian Andersen's The Little Mermaid :).

or a reverse beauty and the beast probably lol
Apr 7, 2018 10:23 AM
Jun 2017
I was about to drop this series but DAMN.... This episode really saved it! Best episode of the series so far
Apr 7, 2018 10:23 AM

Jun 2015
Pretty good episode showcasing some backstory for Hiro and Zero Two and how they met each other. She looks so cute. It's a good thing he finally remembered.
Apr 7, 2018 10:24 AM
Aug 2014
Wow what an amazing episode!!. Really emotional episode. Very very good. Words cant describe how happy i am for this anime to live up to its expectation. Im increasing my score points to 10/10. Lol they should have just removed episode 9 and 11 which was not necessary. With just this episode alone that confirms that im going to watch this show till the end to watch how they revolt against papa. Job well done studioe trigger and A1
Guys lets give this show a better score now shall we?
Apr 7, 2018 10:24 AM

Oct 2012
Not an episode I should have watched at work...god damn was that full of feels. Fantastic episode, it was everything I've been waiting for. Though that cliff hanger is so brutal waiting a week is going to feel like an eternity.
Apr 7, 2018 10:26 AM
Mar 2018
So 02 memories has been erased too but she remembered somehow?
Apr 7, 2018 10:26 AM

Sep 2014
That episode was something else. I agree with a lot of people here that this episode was the best so far in the series. We needed something like this and they delivered magnificently.
Apr 7, 2018 10:31 AM
Jul 2018
I feel really emotional when watching this episode. As expected, 2nd cour is when Trigger show shine even though i think it's only the beginning.
But i hope DitF ending isn't same with the ending in the story book.
Apr 7, 2018 10:32 AM
Jun 2015
Angel942 said:
02 is the prince, hiro is the monster

Why is that ?
Or is he a Monster because he forgot ?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 10:32 AM

Sep 2017
Can we please get an uncensored scene of Strelizia ripping apart a few of those scientists that were stabbing her to check regeneration abilities?
Apr 7, 2018 10:39 AM

Nov 2012
SNDT said:

I think her memories was erased too but given she is not a human to begin with, she might be able to remembered part of it later somehow by herself.

Now, I am curious on how 02 able to become more human (red blood, a more human skin, less horn, etc), and why suddenly she started to turn back to her previous form.
Apr 7, 2018 10:45 AM

Feb 2017
They finally reunited properly! Poor Zero Two and all the other children. What adults are doing is really cruel. Wonder what made them do those things to kids. Definitely the best episode of the series so far.
Apr 7, 2018 10:46 AM

Jan 2009
so it was Dr. FranXX and the adults that erased Hiro's memories eh now i wonder why Zero Two did not recognize the face of Hiro though
Apr 7, 2018 10:47 AM

Mar 2012
This was so GOOD! I shed mountains haha.
Apr 7, 2018 10:47 AM
Feb 2018
Now i cant wait for the next episode!!!
Apr 7, 2018 10:51 AM

Feb 2011
This episode was breath taking. Backstory was executed flawlessly.
Apr 7, 2018 10:52 AM
Oct 2017
Exill said:
SNDT said:

I think her memories was erased too but given she is not a human to begin with, she might be able to remembered part of it later somehow by herself.

Now, I am curious on how 02 able to become more human (red blood, a more human skin, less horn, etc), and why suddenly she started to turn back to her previous form.

She is turning into more of a monster because she is riding with Hiro who is speeding up the Saurlization process. Though, correct me if I am wrong. It shows up near the end when Zero Two goes into maniac mode and Hachi and Nana are discussing the Saurlization. The image shown in that scene is a rough outline of two human's and 'veins' and spreading throughout is the color blue are Zero Two's blood.
Apr 7, 2018 10:53 AM

Dec 2015
Favorite episode of the series right here.

Simple, yet emotionally resonant and effective at delivering its message with a tinge of nostalgia, this series of flashbacks boasts incredible imagery, tone balance, and execution that is more cohesively done than anything I have seen from this series thus far.

The future is bright for Darling in the FranXX. Let's hope it doesn't fuck up in its 2nd cour.
"Anime is trash and so am I."

Jan 2014
02 MUST BE PROTECTED

If you still think Ichigo is better than 02 after this episode, then you deserve to be smacked upside the head with a sledge hammer

EASILY best episode

Mar 2018
Soo after 12 episodes we got a deep view of the story told so far. It's interesting how even now the only one questioning himself is Hiro while the other children care only for themselves. Hiro was the one to give them hope, coming with the names thing, when they were children but was the first to be abandoned as we saw in the early show with them caring more about the papa thing than their meaning to exist.
After this episode it's clear as that the first part of the show was to give us a inner view of the few children that will probably survive while others will die in the attempt to rebel.
So all the people that complained about the show for the first part should just wait the end of an anime to judge... Even Naruto was good till some point and then ended like... that. >_>

Oct 2015
I know this one will be a nice episode since saw that preview but damn that's totally exceed my expectation !!!!
Apr 7, 2018 10:55 AM

Nov 2015
I like her red more,
really nice ep though, hopefully with this, the series will pick up now.
Apr 7, 2018 10:56 AM

Dec 2017
Somehow I feel like those klaxo monsters were either humans themselves or are being controlled by them. Maybe those discarded children?
Either way, it's finally picking up :]
Apr 7, 2018 10:56 AM
Oct 2017
HanafiBouchebout said:
Angel942 said:
02 is the prince, hiro is the monster

Why is that ?
Or is he a Monster because he forgot ?

He is the monster because he is the one who more or less totally forgot about Zero Two and much more and in a sense "ran away" like the monster did in the book.
While Zero Two still remembers someone as her original Darling, she remembers everything except for the fact that it was Hiro who was the person she met. And so Zero Two continues to look for her original darling though she probably had no idea who that was until now. In a similar sense, this is like the prince looking for the monster.
Apr 7, 2018 10:58 AM

Sep 2013
Ngl this episode was cute as fuck.

That look by Zero Two at the end had me squealing pretty hard in my head
Apr 7, 2018 10:59 AM

Jan 2013
I NEED MORE I CANT WAIT ANOTHER FUCKING WEEK >.<
Apr 7, 2018 11:02 AM

Jul 2016
This show is starting to turn from fine to great.
They foreshadowed everything very well, and I'm looking forward to next week.

Definitely the best episode thus far, imo.
Apr 7, 2018 11:03 AM

Dec 2017
IT WAS AMAZINNNNNNNNNNNNNNG !!!!!!!! Cant wait to watch 14 episode!!!!
At end of the book the princess beast has to kill the prince to become human and so she leaves him...the drama is big...I HOPE THAT WONT HAPPEN IN THE FUTURE EPISODES..DAMN JUST SPREAD LOVE EVERYWHERE..NO MORE DRAMA !
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 11:06 AM

Nov 2016
Best episode so far without a doubt.
Apr 7, 2018 11:08 AM

Dec 2017
cupc said:
Ngl this episode was cute as fuck.

That look by Zero Two at the end had me squealing pretty hard in my head

Yea...same here....that look..
Apr 7, 2018 11:08 AM

May 2016
Ahh my heart when She said Ewww Tooooo T-T

This was definitely the best episode so far the feels ;-;

Apr 7, 2018 11:09 AM

Feb 2014
rsc-pl said:
I expected a boring recap, but... Wow. It was epic.
Also, video editing and composition was even greater than before.

This episode was storyboarded by one of most brilliant mind in the series, Noriko Takao. She also directed and storyboarded episode 5, which is technically more amazing.
But damn, even with just storyboard, you can instantly feel her touch all over the episode and it really fits the narrative too.
Apr 7, 2018 11:13 AM
Mar 2018

dat ending, fuck my life
Apr 2018
Faaaaakkk..that last scene...another week with this fcking anxiety...damn
Oct 2017
why is baby hiro less of a pussy than present day hiro
Apr 7, 2018 11:15 AM

Dec 2017
The looks on Hiro and Zero Two's faces realizing the truth of each other really hit home for me.
Apr 7, 2018 11:16 AM
Feb 2018
The best episode so far. its full of emotions and when they decided to show the character's history, u know the story going to have a solid character development.
Apr 7, 2018 11:16 AM

Apr 2012
Well, it was a rather unusual episode. Yes, it well reveals the true nature of their relationship and personality, but did I understand correctly - Zero is not a human and she is actually childhood friends with Hiro?
Apr 7, 2018 11:17 AM

Jun 2016
AAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Man how can an episode be this cute and tragic at the same time, i can't-
Zero Two as a child is so freaking adorable, same for Hiro ;; the last scene when they were crying hit me hard.. my poor children D:
I hope they can have a different ending than the ones in that picture book, they deserve to be happy together.
Apr 7, 2018 11:19 AM

Jan 2013
OMG! What an episode! Definitely one of the best episodes so far, or even the best one! It's so goooooooood omggggggggggg
I'm glad that at least in the end they have shown us that Hiro said to her that she is the girl with the book! Because they could have ended the episode without it...like a total cliffhanger, at least it was partial xD
But OMG! OMG! OMG!
That ending!!! Why you make us wait another week? I want to see the next episode plsssss

I've been waiting for this episode for so long, now we know so much!!!! It explains everything! I can't wait for next episode to see 02's complete reaction, and not like 1sec like in this episode!
Now we know why she loves the word "Darling" so much, it's the only word that she remembers from Hiro.

The soundtrack, the story, the "book reading", everything made this episode so good!

I think i've never seen her with such a happy face (not counting that episode where she had that amazing smile).

Don't show us their faces crying like this if we have to wait another week!!!! omggggggggggg :( <3 can't wait for next week!!!

@geotraceur
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2018 11:20 AM

Jul 2014
This was such a damn strong episode, moving the dark edgy stuff that was happening to them and how fcked up their world is and most of all how much of a fucking dicks those adults are for literally experimenting on kids and injecting whatever the fuck those are and torture experimenting the little demon loli who couldnt even defend herself aside which pissed me off in more ways than one that all they give the kids are candies for fucking with them!!!
I feel for 02, bitch had it rough, I am happy that both of them now knows they were the ones that were together back then, his and her face after the realization that he/she was the kid back then had all the feels overflow in me...

No, stop, dont fuck with my feels
-StrayApr 7, 2018 11:24 AM
Apr 7, 2018 11:20 AM

Aug 2013
Them feels man. Things be gettin' real now. But if that story is a metaphor of what is to come in this story, I feel like one of the two of them will wind up getting the axe in the end.
Don't believe the hype.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2018

565 by otakuanity »»
Mar 29, 12:11 AM

» How do we feel about this one years later? ( 1 2 3 )

sorames - Jun 10, 2023

114 by sunatsf »»
Mar 26, 7:50 PM

» Did she knew him before that blood sucking episode

rishamr - Feb 15

29 by Aminah_D »»
Mar 3, 12:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.