Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 5:17 PM
Feb 2018
[quote=deadman80 message=54870071]
Origami_Bullets said:
Episode was solid, loved the back story with Hiro and 002. For me this put a lot in order from the one sided love story of Ichigo, That girl had no chance against the curiosity of Hiro.

Im noticing that maybe the lower your number the more closer you are to an actual human with emotion, curiosity, intelligence. The live in a place called Garden. Maybe they are clones? and the number represents the amount of times they have been brought back and the more times the further away from humanity you are. (theory)

As for what was presented, there is enough curiosity and lines sowed to breeze right on through to episode 22.

Actually the part your talking of were you say in your quotes "straight up explains" what numbers means from 2:45 sec in -3:13 sec out were this "straight up explanation occurs. Only mentions about a parasites potential in relation to the number "Please re watch the episode", it doesn't explain what is special about them in relation to the number, or exactly what the number means. So my theory holds about as much water a fresh store bought jug.

Its a theory, it doesn't need to be right, just something to ponder

Apr 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Apr 2008
AnimeSoap said:

Whole 360 turn around? Come on it was obvious and predictable that 02 was going to realize who Hiro was and vice versa.

What has she been so far?
If you think about it, she never really mingled with Hiro's friends or Hiro himself. How often did we see them having a moment outside of eating food? Even during beach scene, she kinda stayed on her own. Then she started freaking out because of her transformation and pushing everybody away.

But now that her "search" is over, what is she going to do in order to repair the situation and her social standing in the group?
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Mar 2014
ZingFreelancer said:
firemagnet said:

In what way is the show a failure at intelligent writing at this point? Rather, look at this guy's analysis of episode 12 and tell me that all the themes, emotional references, and then tell me again that the show is somehow not "written intelligently"

The whole flashback about her, it was rather predictable. In fact, the little monster was so adorable that I would rather watch another 12 episodes with both Hiro and 02 on the run. Instead we are going to have this whole 360 turn around for 02 where she might actually realise how she went ahead and fucked up?

Whole 360 turn around? Come on it was obvious and predictable that 02 was going to realize who Hiro was and vice versa.
Apr 7, 2018 5:28 PM

Apr 2016
Fantastic episode! I was captivated the whole time and even cried at the end. Well done A-1/Trigger
Apr 7, 2018 5:39 PM

Mar 2014
ZingFreelancer said:
AnimeSoap said:

What has she been so far?
If you think about it, she never really mingled with Hiro's friends or Hiro himself. How often did we see them having a moment outside of eating food? Even during beach scene, she kinda stayed on her own. Then she started freaking out because of her transformation and pushing everybody away.

But now that her "search" is over, what is she going to do in order to repair the situation and her social standing in the group?

True , in terms of attitude 02 will probably have a total turn around.
It was obvious that the whole point of the flash back and regaining their memories was mending the situation with 02 and Hiro.
I see nothing wrong with that.

We'll have to wait to see how much her attitude really changes towards others.
Apr 7, 2018 5:46 PM
Mar 2018
I feel as though this episode explains quite a lot about how Hiro is only compatible with 002, and not with everybody else. Something to do with Hiro's contact with 002's blue blood perhaps? Hiro licking 002's wounds, and mixing with his blood or something, which affected his aptitude. Maybe that's why he can only ride the franxx with 002. lol

Anyways, this episode is 10/10 for me. UWU
--Protect 002's smile--
HuePloxApr 7, 2018 5:57 PM
Apr 7, 2018 5:46 PM

Feb 2018
SuperD0nut said:
Hibaena said:
HOLY SHET, that last scene OMG, he remembered! I was right, he taught her the word darling and named her zero twoo, cant wait for episode 14, also it was pretty nice that they put the book in the end for us to read

He remembered but 02 during the same moment reminds too no? Like both in the same moment when 02 is losing the control isn't it? Or I misunderstood?

I think that she remembers, but couldnt remember who was with her at that time, on the other hand, hiro couldnt remeber since they wiped his memories
Apr 7, 2018 5:47 PM
Jul 2017
Shingster said:
Hmm so Hiro and Zero actually met already when they were little and living at the garden. Its interesting in just how similar Zero and Hiro's origins were. Its cute in how Hiro and Ichigo met and how the names started. Papa only saw the children as test subjects i guess no more no less. Hiro sure was bold in deciding to rescue Zero to find the answers. I guess education wasn't judged to be needed for Zero then. An interesting episode that showed the surprising past that Hiro and Zero shared. It was cute seeing the interactions that they had. Im glad that Hiro remembered Zero but i wonder will she do as well. Truly this is a destined reunion. The decision to use the picture book as the ending was a good one.

She recognized him, because she was crying as well at the end when Hiro was talking about the Book. "You were the girl with the book..." Then she also turned around and you could see her crying. I think that she will protect him now and Hiro her as well.
Apr 7, 2018 5:51 PM

Apr 2015
Quite the backstory for Hiro and Zero Two, we now know where the "darling" came from.
Apr 7, 2018 5:55 PM
Nov 2017
LETS GOOOOOOOOO it just keeps getting better, explanation of "darling", the picture books she looks for, and why she lets herself be called zero two. Man I am very excited for the next episode...tears scene at the end had me eith a foolhardy smile.
Apr 7, 2018 5:55 PM

Apr 2008
AnimeSoap said:

It was obvious that the whole point of the flash back and regaining their memories was mending the situation with 02 and Hiro.

I think they will, in all like hood, get separated in the next episode in order to prevent her from reaching saurification or something.
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 7, 2018 6:00 PM
Jan 2017
poor bb zero two :( those scenes of her being tested on was incredibly painful to watch.. she may look like a beast but shes really just a kid, and at the end when she started to cry i fuckin lost it man.. at least present Hiro remembers now, so ep 14 should be an interesting watch.

as for this ep, definitely one of the best, most emotionally engaging ones thus far
Apr 7, 2018 6:05 PM

Mar 2014
quote=ZingFreelancer message=54870572]
AnimeSoap said:

I think they will, in all like hood, get separated in the next episode in order to prevent her from reaching saurification or something.[/quote]

I can see that happening. Unless the saurification magically disappears.
The preview later in the week should give a general idea.
Apr 7, 2018 6:05 PM

Sep 2017
Prob best episode in the series. Excellent backstory. Most people were pretty certain that they had known each other in the past, but seeing all the details was pretty great. Zero Two had it really rough. It was really nice how Hiro was the one to name her and even start the darling thing. The OST was top notch as well.
Apr 7, 2018 6:07 PM
Jun 2016
Never has an ending reminded me of the ending scene of Kimi no na wa until this one xD made me login back to mal. Really miss this site and im glad i came back.
Apr 7, 2018 6:11 PM

Nov 2012
It'd be an understatement to say this was easily the best episode of this series so far.
Apr 7, 2018 6:11 PM

Sep 2017
Wow, this episode gave me so much information on the backstory.
It also made me in tears, 'cause in my opinion, it was so emotional aswell.

Apr 7, 2018 6:27 PM
Jan 2015
Those adults are truly evil, the things they were doing to Zero Two was horrific and how they treated the rest of the kids as cattle is sickening. Hiro and Young Zero Two were so cute together, ah after this episode it'll be insane for people to not support these two. That ending though, Zero Two realized Hiro was her true darling all this time after those words he said. Ah man waiting another week for their true reunion is going to be torture.

On another note, since Hiro now realizes how cruel and cold the adults are I think he'll inform everyone and lead the other parasites in a revolt.
My Queens

Apr 7, 2018 6:33 PM
Apr 2018
IT'S TOO GOOD

O F F T
Apr 7, 2018 6:38 PM
Jan 2018
Mariecat1 said:
Never has an ending reminded me of the ending scene of Kimi no na wa until this one xD made me login back to mal. Really miss this site and im glad i came back.

Wow, that's actually really accurate.
Apr 7, 2018 6:45 PM

Nov 2015
My favourite episode of the show so far. seeing the past of Zero Two and Hiro was sad and depressing, and making me think about the f**ked up world they live in. The ending to the episode made me really happy because they remember each other. But at the same time, did Zero Two really have to sacrifice so many of her past "darlings"?

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 7, 2018 6:45 PM
Jan 2013
Damn that episode hit me right in the kokoro. Great episode to help tie the two main characters together.

This anime draws a lot of similar themes from the Shinsekai Yori story. Innocent kids who are being manipulated by adults for one reason or another, start to learn the truth about their world.

I just binge-watched the first 13 episodes so I will have to either deal with it on a weekly basis or wait for it to finish to binge-watch the rest. Doh!
Apr 7, 2018 6:47 PM
Jan 2013
Deathmones said:
But at the same time, did Zero Two really have to sacrifice so many of her past "darlings"?

Her obsession with becoming human resulted in her believing that if she killed the enemy, she is killing it within herself. She kept hoping she would find the young boy who showed her kindness and love - now that she found him, what will happen next?
Apr 7, 2018 6:49 PM
Jun 2016
Pityfool said:
Mariecat1 said:

Wow, that's actually really accurate.

Yeah after the episode ended, i thought it had an anime similar in a way, especially with all those tears involved lol.
Apr 7, 2018 6:59 PM
Nov 2015
This episode was amazing! Definitely raised my score after seeing it.
Apr 7, 2018 7:08 PM

Feb 2015
MaahHeim said:
Oh my god, Darling in the FranXX was able to deliver a good episode. The flashback was better than everything the anime had showed up until now. Zero Two as a kid was way more likeable (adorbssss!), and she and Hiro made such a cute couple. Thank you, now I can ship them. Also, it was Hiro who gave Zero Two her name. Adorable.

Não gostei muito do episódio, foi bem previsível, mas ao mesmo tempo ele marca o ponto de virada do anime pra um tom menos slice of life, eu prefiro essa versão da 02.

Parece que enfim a estória desse anime vai começar, estou relativamente animado, principalmente por que conflitos mais importantes do que briguinhas sem noção e sem peso entre parceiros irão surgir, eu to esperando a 02 fugir com o Hiro desde o episódio 2 e talvez a gente tenha algo nesse estilo.
Talvez esse anime ainda possa se salvar.

PS: Hiro has high yellow cells count because he licked 02's blood??
SteelingMaxApr 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Apr 7, 2018 7:16 PM

Sep 2017
This show was in need of a really strong episode to get the momentum going again and this was it. That ending scene was so powerful coupled with the credits/story book. Lots of potential foreshadowing, I'm excited to see where this show goes now.
Apr 7, 2018 7:23 PM

Aug 2016
Holy shit the episode ended perfectly and that new ED is great

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Apr 7, 2018 7:23 PM

Dec 2014
I feel like an idiot. Oni. O-ni. 0-2. Zero Two. Pretty sure people realized this earlier, but whatever, it just clicked with me.

Anyway, this was probably the best episode yet in a long while. I almost lost all hope for the show, but then this happens. Backstory is well portrayed and even my cold heart felt tugged just a bit. Jesus, what the hell is going on with that world?
I need sleep.
Apr 7, 2018 7:25 PM
Mar 2014
I liked this episode a lot. I really want this show to get a second season. I wanted Hiro to turn into a monster
Apr 2017
There must be a onion ninja somewhere in my room

But really that was a fantastic episode and I can't wait till next week!

Dec 2010
Really good episode. Important notes: Dr Franxx is probably the only one that realizes the bond between Hiro and 02.

02 got some amazing regeneration abilities - maybe thats why she regained "a part" of her memory.

Hiro licked her blue blood - maybe that why he is so compatible with her?

ZingFreelancer said:

Did the show ever bother establish why they need two pilots for the mechas?
Did the show ever bother establishing why girls has handles attached to their hips boys have to grab to drive?
What kind of power source is Franxx using and why is the power cut right after the girl is removed from the cockpit.
Why can a girl can control a Franxx in "berserk" state without a need for a boy? Plot convenience?
But the boy has to sit in there and wait to be rescued? Plot convenience maybe?
Finally, what is Klaxosaur and where do they come from? Another plot convenience?

Those are some important questions. I agree. But so fart the amount of knowledge we know is the same as the amount of knowledge that kids have. So bascialy we are as limited as main characters in knowing the truth. "I have never got an answear" - We neither.

This method of writing is not that much uncommon in different media. Most of mystery books are written this way. It is pretty unusual choice for a heavy fanservice mecha show though, so I can understand your sentiment.

Knowing this types of stories all those things are going to be a BIG Revelation and probably a big turning point for all main characters.

I am pretty sure that klaxosaurus are not a threat at all. Maybe a threat for Papa`s economy because they like magma and so on. But other than that they are not very harmful. You need to take into consideration that all those "facts" might be lies so far.

The fact that our dumbass hero did not give her a name was a big disappointment. I whole-y agree.
Apr 7, 2018 7:30 PM
Sep 2016
This episode was great maybe my favorite, this anime will not be loved by so many but at least I will have enjoyed it.
I hope that the series focuses on explaining more of the cruel world in which the children live and their emotional search as background.
Apr 7, 2018 7:31 PM

Nov 2015
jfabritz said:
Deathmones said:
But at the same time, did Zero Two really have to sacrifice so many of her past "darlings"?

Her obsession with becoming human resulted in her believing that if she killed the enemy, she is killing it within herself. She kept hoping she would find the young boy who showed her kindness and love - now that she found him, what will happen next?
Ahh i see. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 7, 2018 7:34 PM
Jun 2017
the feels is strong with this episode.
Fire Emblem anime when
Apr 7, 2018 7:36 PM

Mar 2011
This episode is sooo good

But I can see the next episode happening like this

Hiro will try to run away with 02 BUT the special/elite unit will stop them :C

Apr 7, 2018 8:00 PM

Apr 2009
I always knew this show would amount to something and finally it's happening. Trigger don't disappoint.
Apr 7, 2018 8:04 PM
Mar 2018
Now the series is becoming something special
What an emotional episode, just seeing the past of hiro and 02 gave me a je ne sais quoi, Now it has my full attention
Apr 7, 2018 8:14 PM
Aug 2011
holy molly this episode was actually by far the best, the pacing in first 10 eps was very slow so i didnt have any expectations anymore at this point but the last 2 episodes clearly change the direction of the story and explain a lot more, this one was insanely good, loved it

Jul 2013
Nice naming sense Hiro 😂

Just like Ichigo's

Oni (demon) = "O" became 0, while "Ni" became Two = Zero Two

Maybe I didn't need to say this, but oh well 😆

Dec 2017
Great episode. The main story will begin to unfold now.
Anyone notice the score on MAL jumps up by 0.05? After steady decreases for like 6 episodes
Apr 7, 2018 8:15 PM

Jul 2015
I should had put this on hold last episode. Now I'm sucked in again. Damn cliffhanger.

Apr 7, 2018 8:18 PM
Apr 2017
WOW JUST WOW!!!

THIS IS EPIC EPISODE AND THE BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!!

5/5
Apr 7, 2018 8:39 PM
Dec 2014
finally!
I was getting sick of the recent episodes but OMM this episode was so warm and sad, my tears dropped in the last scene(the present).
great work 5/5
Mr_MribhaApr 8, 2018 7:46 PM
Apr 7, 2018 8:43 PM

Apr 2017
What

A

Fucking

Story
Apr 7, 2018 8:45 PM

Jan 2009
Protect this smile at all costs!!!!!

Apr 7, 2018 9:02 PM

Jun 2017
superman89 said:
Protect this smile at all costs!!!!!

Thanks for this picture..
Apr 7, 2018 9:03 PM
Jul 2014
IBlazeon said:
Clearly the best episode for the moment ! THIS LAST SCENE GOSSSSSSHHHV

Narrator:

He was later found in a pool of water. Nobody could figure out just where the water came from or the cause of his death...

But yeah, that last scene. My goodness, the feels.
Apr 7, 2018 9:07 PM

Sep 2015
And after they back to their daily life Zero Two remember she almost suck dry out Hiro as a fodder!

Will they ignore that?
Into the Internet!
Apr 7, 2018 9:13 PM

Apr 2016
Wow amazing episode.
Btw guys did that memory erase machine not worked on Zero Two? Well does not matter , Adults and all those big dogs get ready to get your ass kicked :D
BRAWLERS
Pages (13) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

65 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Yesterday, 3:12 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 1:15 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
Apr 23, 12:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.