Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 1:10 PM
Nov 2017
Lil Zero Two is so cute. Really good bit of back story for Hiro and Zero Two plus some Ichigo to boot.

Guess we also found out where she gets her love of sweet things from!

So, she wants to become human so she can be with Hiro. Aww man. She's never gonna give up then is she!

Looks like Dr Franxx is quite relentless with his experimentation as well... Poor Zero Two being literally tortured plus having no way to communicate... All in the name of science...
Jul 2018
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Kaizoku-Otaku said:

That is your opinion. For me this episode blow all the other out of the water.

Accept it.

Sure, I guess.

I just like world building, and plot.

Tldr: Those are both opinions, end of story.

Jan 2015
Prog_upworks13 said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Best episode? Nah, I'd still say that's episode 11. In terms of a standalone story, anyways.

This episode only revealed what we already knew, and literally nothing else.

Yeah it's predictable . But the way their executed it to make this one is the best episode is totally brilliant. Everything is really stunning .

I'd still put episode 11 above it, it terms of presentation. The animation was better, and it had development for 4 characters.
Apr 7, 2018 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
This is why people need to chill out in 24 eps or longer to get to the plot. But people today is so "high" on speed and need to have everything in thier face after 2 eps or the show is bad. Could feel this was coming from the beginning.
Apr 7, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
Wasshio said:
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:

Sure, I guess.

I just like world building, and plot.

It's not an opinion that its poor writing that we've got neither of what I said in 13 episodes of a 24 episode series.
Apr 7, 2018 1:12 PM

Nov 2009
Oof my heart watching this episode, wow.
Apr 7, 2018 1:12 PM
Feb 2017
This is the best episode of darling in tge franxx so far. Cant wait too watch more!!
Apr 7, 2018 1:14 PM

Jan 2015
Sweanime said:
This is why people need to chill out in 24 eps or longer to get to the plot. But people today is so "high" on speed and need to have everything in thier face after 2 eps or the show is bad. Could feel this was coming from the beginning.

So it's not bad that we're over halfway into a series and we've got no central plot, no world building and surface level character development for most of the cast?
Apr 7, 2018 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Wasshio said:

It's not an opinion that its poor writing that we've got neither of what I said in 13 episodes of a 24 episode series.

Then again, its more about the episodes themselves. Not about the writing itself.

Since Kaizoku said he thinks that the episode 13 is the best, where as you said it is 11.

Both takes things different in terms of thought. That's basically why I said a tldr version.
Apr 7, 2018 1:15 PM
Jan 2009
caio_ken said:
DoctorWasabi said:
02 MUST BE PROTECTED

If you still think Ichigo is better than 02 after this episode, then you deserve to be smacked upside the head with a sledge hammer

EASILY best episode

I still like Ichigo much more than 02, sorry. Which doesn't mean that I don't like 02, she's in second place for me. Those two are the best characters in this show.

Seconded!!
Tbh those two are hardly comparable?? They represent totally different personalities, so why would there be an issue
Apr 7, 2018 1:16 PM

Dec 2017
episode 13 - the plot kicks in, lol

i really don't get why this show get so much love with such poor development pace
Apr 7, 2018 1:17 PM

Oct 2015
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Prog_upworks13 said:

Yeah it's predictable . But the way their executed it to make this one is the best episode is totally brilliant. Everything is really stunning .

I'd still put episode 11 above it, it terms of presentation. The animation was better, and it had development for 4 characters.

ok. Seems we have a different opinion.
Apr 7, 2018 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
I love how bratty Mini Zero Two is uwu
Restless One

Apr 2016
10/10 I knew this show had potential.
I witnessed a loli spill from a cartridge and somehow retained my sanity.

Jun 2016
This episode was top-tier. Everything about Zero Two's behavior and character is now crystal clear ! Man that ending gave me chills down my spine !

I love this
Apr 7, 2018 1:21 PM

Jan 2018
Anyone else find it incredible that 002 thought that she was using Hiro just to get to her “darling” and would sacrifice a countless amount of people just to get to him, but now Hiro is the one that all her sacrifices have led to and she’s almost sacrificed him for him
"For you to love someone, and for them to return that love, well that is the greatest miracle of all"

-Kotarou Azumi, Tsuki ga kirei
Apr 7, 2018 1:24 PM
Jun 2016
I cried watching the end credits of this episode.

This shows that the adults just don't give a d-m about the children at all. Just look at the guards talking about killing Hiro if he resisted.

Obvious that Zero-two is a klaxosaur now. And she turned human...or was she human before going klax...because she talked about having 'memories' before then.

Something tells me that the 'children' who are not seen again are either 1) disposed off 2) become the Klaxosaurs themselves. Who knows....

And the good thing is...there's eleven more episodes of this (rubs hands in glee).

I cried reading the story of the Prince and the Beast Princess.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Apr 7, 2018 1:26 PM

Aug 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Sweanime said:

So it's not bad that we're over halfway into a series and we've got no central plot, no world building and surface level character development for most of the cast?

Sorry don´t know what you talking about IMO. Have got a lot of details about the world, plot and characters. Not everything but can piece things together if you pay attention to details. And personally I would not like to know all the plot either after 12 episodes. Want to have parts by parts to think for myself. And most of the cast I see as side characters and only need surface development. When you are near 30 years old you only need surface development because you have meet all kinds of people already. That you can identity their problems and characters easy anyway. Like Zero-two in this episode was for me quite clear in the second episode why she would be like she is.

It´s more like a "little" deeper cliche characters. Even if characters like zero-two sometime is rare in Anime. In contrast in Ichigo that is like a walking copy of hundreds.

(Angel beats for example only have more or less one eps per characters. Still good)
SweanimeApr 7, 2018 1:29 PM
Apr 7, 2018 1:30 PM

Mar 2018
This episode was amazing! I guess Zero Two was more resilient towards the memory erase (perhaps because of her regeneration abilities) and regained her memories much faster than Hiro. I like Hiro's personality a lot more before the erase so hopefully he will start returning to his old self now.
Apr 7, 2018 1:33 PM
Mar 2018
This episode reminded me to Evangelion 2.0 Ending scene, whereas the (somehow) sad song (tsubasa wo kudasai) started right at the end of the episode/climax scene and continued as the ending song. Damn, literally best episode.
Apr 7, 2018 1:36 PM

Feb 2015
Great episode. Zero Two was so cute when she was little.

I hope Hiro and Zero Two's love story doesn't end like the beast and the prince.
Apr 7, 2018 1:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Bloody hell Trigger, you really deliver when it counts. Well done! This is how you do "feels" without manipulative, forced pathos. Really look forward to seeing how it goes from here. But seeing that picture book story, I'm pretty certain the chances for a happy ending are close to 0. We'll get bittersweet at best.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 7, 2018 1:46 PM

Mar 2017
oh frick the story of the Beast Princess and the Prince was sad af.
My heart literally sunk ;c

I do hope that Hiro and Zero Two won't end up like them T_T
I ship them so much

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 7, 2018 1:47 PM

Aug 2014
This was like the Your Name ending

gimme the next episode now
Apr 7, 2018 1:48 PM
Jun 2016
Nice backstory and explanation of some things....really loving it, enjoyed it till now, but this was amazing.
Apr 7, 2018 1:53 PM
Jan 2014
Makaze_no_Moujuu said:
Sweanime said:

I'd like to say this is just what trigger does since kill la kill. Real plot generally comes up in the second half of their shows. Usually the first half is spent having the audience get to know all the characters and the world around them, which they accomplished.
Apr 7, 2018 1:54 PM

Mar 2012
I have not had a full episode of any anime keep me at the edge of my seat quite like this one in a long time. I did not even realize we're at the end when it ended. The interactions between the two, the book, the tears at the end. My goodness. Even the soundtrack was so incredibly well orchestrated.

I cannot wait for the next episode. Although I feel like they beat around the bushes more than a bit until this episode, this was great and may itself have been worth the wait.

I do note, however, that the book had a very sad ending: the princess in the end began to turn into a real monster (more so than she once was). She went to the witch, who said she had to kill the prince. She went to the prince's bed, and by this point had basically become a horrifying looking monster. Unable to bring herself to harm him, she kisses him and flies away, leaving black feathers on the bed. And the heartbroken prince was never able to find her. I honestly would be very, very annoyed if this was a foreshadowing of Franxx's ending.
Apr 7, 2018 1:59 PM
Sep 2010
A nice and touching episode, probably my fave so far.
Apr 7, 2018 1:59 PM
Oct 2017
Nayrael said:
Fire13rin said:
He is the monster because he is the one who more or less totally forgot about Zero Two and much more and in a sense "ran away" like the monster did in the book.
While Zero Two still remembers someone as her original Darling, she remembers everything except for the fact that it was Hiro who was the person she met. And so Zero Two continues to look for her original darling though she probably had no idea who that was until now. In a similar sense, this is like the prince looking for the monster.

Hiro's memories have been erased (and seemingly altered, as his personality has changed), hers were not. The humans probably did not even think that she was human enough to have memories and such did not bother (from all that we have seen, she has all her memories... she did not recognize Hiro, but that is to be expected as he didn't really have enough unique characteristics for her to recognize him).

bitchassdarius said:
why is baby hiro less of a pussy than present day hiro

I believe they altered his personality after erasing the memories. After he was captured, we saw a few segments that suggest that he had changed as a person. Since he was too nosy, I can easily see them doing this.

I think Zero Two's were changed since I feel like Zero Two would recognize Hiro. but this is just intuition. Since no other character that I have seen have black hair and blue eyes plus his appearance has not changed drastically. Though her having her memories not changed and just not recognizing present-day Hiro would make sense too, but near the final scenes, Dr.Franxx is clearly wiping memories though wither he is wiping Zero Two's is unknown though it's highly likely since the words erasing memories appear on the screen and I'm pretty sure he says he is wiping memories as they are a nuisance.

I think Hiro's personality wasn't changed just his memory and personality heavily stems from experiences and memories. So his memory was altered causing a change in personality.
RanWingedApr 7, 2018 2:42 PM
Apr 7, 2018 2:05 PM
Jul 2014
ZingFreelancer said:
firemagnet said:

But he did name her. He was the one who gave her that name, where before she was simply a code-number. He almost named her "Oni," as the episode reveals, but apparently recognized the irony of that name. Whatever the case, it's clear that Dr. Franxx and the others seized upon whatever Hiro had taught her and used it as an incentive for her to cooperate with them. They were undoubtedly the ones who helped plant the idea that she could "become human" if she "killed more klaxosaurs."

It would be much simpler if people would stop grasping at straws and just accept this show for what it is.
A failure at intelligent writing.

In what way is the show a failure at intelligent writing at this point? Rather, look at this guy's analysis of episode 12 and tell me that all the themes, emotional references, and then tell me again that the show is somehow not "written intelligently"

Also, I'm not grasping at straws; he literally names her Zero-Two in this episode after seeing her ankle bracelet.

One of the frames showed both of them being brainwashed or something.

Your reaction to that scene leads me to believe that you weren't paying attention and didn't really watch the episode, much less the show. It's quite clear that they're having their memories erased; Doctor Franxx even orders it as such, and only keeps Hiro alive because he's "an interesting test subject."
Apr 7, 2018 2:07 PM

Feb 2013
Farabeuf said:
Bloody hell Trigger, you really deliver when it counts. Well done! This is how you do "feels" without manipulative, forced pathos. Really look forward to seeing how it goes from here. But seeing that picture book story, I'm pretty certain the chances for a happy ending are close to 0. We'll get bittersweet at best.

This episode was made by the majority of A-1 staff. Past episode was made by Trigger.
Apr 7, 2018 2:13 PM
Jul 2014
AntwanMantilla said:
This was an ok episode. We've already known that the kids were getting their memories tampered with by the adults and while I did have a hunch from last week's ending, I really didn't expect 02 to have been someone that actually has met with Hiro in the past.

Their backstory was pretty nice and gave more insight on how it was like when they were young. I felt real bad for 02 as she was always used as an experiment. Not to mention now we know why she's so fixated on becoming human.

Very cliche but overall good. Am looking forward to the next episode.

You're right about it being cliche and an average episode, but what it does emotionally in terms of character development and world-building works wonders for the story as a whole. It's basically a transition point from the first cour to the second, and sets a rather dark tone for the rest of the series. As I commented over on Animesuki, it's not the end of the beginning but the beginning of the end. We're getting much closer to the scenes shown in episode 1's cold opening. Remember that its' winter now in Darlifra, where Zero-Two was shown to be happy alongside Hiro in cherryblossoms even with the red pupils that mark her more demonic form. We still have yet to reach that scene, and we know that at some point we'll come directly to that scene where a now adult zero-two is shown in front of the Oak tree surrounded by Klaxosaurs.
Apr 7, 2018 2:15 PM
Jun 2015
Fire13rin said:
HanafiBouchebout said:

Why is that ?
Or is he a Monster because he forgot ?

He is the monster because he is the one who more or less totally forgot about Zero Two and much more and in a sense "ran away" like the monster did in the book.
While Zero Two still remembers someone as her original Darling, she remembers everything except for the fact that it was Hiro who was the person she met. And so Zero Two continues to look for her original darling though she probably had no idea who that was until now. In a similar sense, this is like the prince looking for the monster.

Did you watch the episode ? Dr.Franxx is the one that erased their memories
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 2:16 PM

Aug 2008
Funny how children books always fit whatever messed up crap is going on in any series huh... Putting that aside, was there anything in this episode that wasn't obvious the moment they revealed MC and MCunt met before?

Turns out doggystyle mecha piloting thing is here so there would be at least one original thing in this show.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Apr 7, 2018 2:20 PM
Mar 2017
The flashback story and all the stuffs were great. Just amazing! This was one of the best episode that I have seen this year.
Hope the anime will keep this type of good quality with perfect animation
Apr 7, 2018 2:23 PM

Jul 2009
Aww now I can ship them in good conscience. Zero Two was so cute!!!
Apr 7, 2018 2:25 PM
✿。

Apr 2012
Loved this episode! My favorite so far.

I'm glad we finally got to see how 02 was in the past, but the way the adults treated her was quite painful to see!
I thought Dr. Franxx was a decent guy but this episode proved that he's just some mad scientist who sees the kids as experiments!

Seeing both Hiro & Zero two as kids was nice, they were so adorable!!
Especially Zero two, she's so cute!!

It also now makes sense looking back such as the reason she likes sweet things, when she asked him to run away with her, why she's okay with the name Zero Two etc + With Hiro remembering how cruel the adults are, I hope we get to see a Rebellion Arc!

Gah it ended with a cliffhanger, can't wait to see what will happen now that Hiro finally remembered her!
I also hope it doesn't end like the picture book, after all what both of them went through, they deserve to be together ;;

:: Sʏᴍᴘʜᴏɴɪᴀ

Fly me to the moon
Let me play among the stars
Let me see what spring is like
On jupiter and mars

☆ ★ ☆ ★
Apr 7, 2018 2:26 PM
Feb 2012
caio_ken said:

This episode was made by the majority of A-1 staff. Past episode was made by Trigger.

Sadly we saw this attitude since episode 1. Fanboys seem to attribute anything positive that comes out of Franxx to Trigger, and anything Negative to A-1.

Ironically enough its mostly opposite. Most of the solid episodes that really salvaged the show largely rests on A-1 shoulders.
renrinkenApr 7, 2018 2:46 PM
Apr 7, 2018 2:31 PM

Feb 2013
renrinken said:
caio_ken said:

Sadly this issue we saw this attitude sense episode 1. Fanboys seem to attribute anything positive that comes out of Franxx to Trigger, and anything Negative to A-1.

Ironically enough its mostly opposite. Most of the solid episodes that really salvaged the show largely rests on A-1 shoulders.

Seriously? People are really doing this when they don't even know what studio picked the episode? That's really stupid.

And I agree that the A-1 episodes for the most part has been the better ones, even if Trigger is also doing a good job with their episodes.
Apr 7, 2018 2:33 PM
Oct 2017
HanafiBouchebout said:
Fire13rin said:

Did you watch the episode ? Dr.Franxx is the one that erased their memories

Yes, I did watch it. Obviously, Dr.Franxx didn't erase all of it as Zero Two still remembers that she had an original darling though I think she isn't sure who exactly that original darling was.
Also, I don't get the point you're trying to say with the Dr.Franxx erasing their memories, I didn't mention him.

RanWingedApr 7, 2018 2:38 PM
Apr 7, 2018 2:36 PM

Jun 2009
I must say it was probably the best ep so far. Moreover it is filled with so many emotions. Especially the last ending scene where both characters were able to recover their memories, so she finally recognized him as her true darling, prince from the book, shedding mountain of tears. Now I can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 7, 2018 2:38 PM

Apr 2008
firemagnet said:

In what way is the show a failure at intelligent writing at this point? Rather, look at this guy's analysis of episode 12 and tell me that all the themes, emotional references, and then tell me again that the show is somehow not "written intelligently"

Did the show ever bother establish why they need two pilots for the mechas?
Did the show ever bother establishing why girls has handles attached to their hips boys have to grab to drive?
What kind of power source is Franxx using and why is the power cut right after the girl is removed from the cockpit.
Why can a girl can control a Franxx in "berserk" state without a need for a boy? Plot convenience?
But the boy has to sit in there and wait to be rescued? Plot convenience maybe?
Finally, what is Klaxosaur and where do they come from? Another plot convenience?

The way the story is told is rather artificial, everything we know so far is just a pretext for the sake of plot convenience. Not to mention over sexualisation for no god damn reason. I dont know about you, but I've seen this trope far too many times to care about their half arsed execution. Think back to Deadman Wonderland, Guilty Crown, Elfen Lied and Eureka Seven.

You speak of emotions, but in order to feel something about 02, we must first be made to care about her. But I can hardly bring myself to care about someone who only cares about herself. Like at first, she was all high and mighty, but her easy going and fun loving behaviour was quite endearing, so we could give her a pass on the rest. But she never really bonded, or tried to bond with neither MC or the side characters. Instead she started acting like a bitch towards everyone because her horns and fangs grown a little?

The whole flashback about her, it was rather predictable. In fact, the little monster was so adorable that I would rather watch another 12 episodes with both Hiro and 02 on the run. Instead we are going to have this whole 360 turn around for 02 where she might actually realise how she went ahead and fucked up? Then probably some fighting and another separation where big bad Dr. Franxx will attempt to use 02 to fix the mistake he made 100 years ago, or something.

firemagnet said:

Also, I'm not grasping at straws; he literally names her Zero-Two in this episode after seeing her ankle bracelet.

Maybe by japanese standards zero two is a name, but by European standards that's just two digits. Hence why, NOT A NAME.

firemagnet said:

Your reaction to that scene leads me to believe that you weren't paying attention and didn't really watch the episode, much less the show. It's quite clear that they're having their memories erased; Doctor Franxx even orders it as such, and only keeps Hiro alive because he's "an interesting test subject."

Potato, tomato. Call it whatever you want, somebody is messing with their brains.
ZingFreelancerApr 7, 2018 2:43 PM
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Apr 7, 2018 2:41 PM
Dec 2017
that episode was everything i wanted it to be. this episode finally showed what it is capable of and i was not disappointed at all. up until this point everyone said this show has potential and that it could be great or a disappointment. i am convinced if they keep making amazing episodes like that this will be an amazing show.
Apr 7, 2018 2:41 PM
Feb 2018
Hibaena said:
HOLY SHET, that last scene OMG, he remembered! I was right, he taught her the word darling and named her zero twoo, cant wait for episode 14, also it was pretty nice that they put the book in the end for us to read

He remembered but 02 during the same moment reminds too no? Like both in the same moment when 02 is losing the control isn't it? Or I misunderstood?
Apr 7, 2018 2:42 PM
Oct 2017
The best episode in the series so far. Really sad and it just made me love Zero two even more.
Apr 7, 2018 2:48 PM
Feb 2012
caio_ken said:

Seriously? People are really doing this when they don't even know what studio picked the episode? That's really stupid.

And I agree that the A-1 episodes for the most part has been the better ones, even if Trigger is also doing a good job with their episodes.

Aye I seen this echoed a lot. "Trigger's vision and artistic talent is amazing, but A-1's shitty writing is fucking it up for Trigger".

Jan 2013
firemagnet said:
ZingFreelancer said:

It would be much simpler if people would stop grasping at straws and just accept this show for what it is.
A failure at intelligent writing.

One of the frames showed both of them being brainwashed or something.

LMAO that fucking video cant be serious.

Darling In the franxx ep 12 analysis and the guy has a fucking whiteboard behind him in the miniature with "klaxosaur threat" written on it is that actually serious I'm dying XDD

Why are people around here so insecure about what they watch?

Feb 2016
Watched the episode, came here and read all 187 messages, what? already I am at the end of messages as I reached to end of episode without noticing!

Heartwarming-crushing episode! I wasn't expected this much.

Zero Two is pointing the picture book while Hiro is licking her wound. It is so metaphorically beautiful! Both of them are so cute here!

I also feel that Hiro, Ichigo, Goro, Mitsuru were so close friends at their childhood moments than now.

Time to see how will other team members react to this erasing memories, especially Mitsuru?

Some members are criticizing the series as 'move along; nothing to see here' kind. The show is fascinating me and sending shock waves to my emotion/mind domain. What else? My only complain is 'not having enough mecha battles; (after Super Robot Wars feast of mine, I was looking for 'give me a reason to deploy this cool robot of mine and explode everything! Story? Who cares?!' kinda show, but I hope Full Metal Panic will lick my wounds.)

Apr 7, 2018 2:50 PM
Feb 2012
Spratty said:
The best episode in the series so far. Really sad and it just made me love Zero two even more.

I agree! Honestly I was mostly in camp Ichigo, but this episode seriously has me questioning my faith.
Apr 7, 2018 2:52 PM
Jan 2017
I'm happy I decided to watch this contrary to my initial inclination to deem it unworthy seasonal crap. It's almost like the reverse of SAO. Darling in the Franxx is what seems to be lackluster premise that gets better with each episode. After watching the last 5 heavily character driven episodes I have to say "Damn I did noy expect that at all". Upon further inspection I discovered that one of the writers is the guy that wrote the original Steins;Gate game (the source material for my favourite show) and now I'm beginning to see why this show is actually going to be really great.

tl:dr Darling in the Franxx is gonna be a great anime
Pages (13) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 5, 2018

364 by SuperJohnDoe »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 21, 2018

707 by SuperJohnDoe »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2018

282 by louiboui08 »»
Apr 21, 6:59 AM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2018

597 by akiramado19 »»
Apr 17, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Darling in the FranXX Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2018

328 by Aazoka »»
Apr 6, 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.