Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Apr 7, 2018 2:17 PM

Jul 2016
I'm hyped up as fuck... but this OP is REALLY BAD, i mean IT FUCKING SUCKS.
I hope second OP will be a way better
Apr 7, 2018 2:18 PM

Oct 2016
O M G, the OP is very good and transmit hype for this arc, this cap was a recap chapter very well done
Apr 7, 2018 2:24 PM
穂乃果は神

Oct 2015
I loved the episode just for the intro. It was half-filler, half-recap, but that’s okay. It wasn’t that bad of a filler either. Once again, that (in my opinion) is the greatest anime intro ever. It has gorgeous animation and visuals, ang greatly depicts what is happening throughout the arc. Plus the song is just awesome. Can not wait for more episodes! 24 episodes to go.
I have enough paitence to wait for episodes since I’ve aleeady been waiting over six months, and that empty feeling I had left after finishing Episode 38 made me go “Aw man no more new episodes for some time”. I don’t want to get that empty feeling just yet, even if it’ll happen this September between the end of Season 3 and the inevitable Season 4.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 2:28 PM
Apr 2016
Jompy_Shmotty said:
I'm hyped up as fuck... but this OP is REALLY BAD, i mean IT FUCKING SUCKS.
I hope second OP will be a way better

ZaToSisCloCk said:
O M G, the OP is very good and transmit hype for this arc, this cap was a recap chapter very well done

One of us three is retarded and wrong. And I sure hope it is not me.
Re:formed
Apr 7, 2018 2:34 PM
Jul 2018
This episode more like serves as recap which was done pretty cool way with extra fan service. I really appreciate the recap episode since it served me as reminder me of the characters development and amazing moments of previous seasons. Also the new OP is damn good which alone gives me hype of upcoming episodes!

Apr 7, 2018 2:43 PM

Jan 2013
The pool scenes were awesome.

Good to have this anime back
Apr 7, 2018 2:43 PM

Sep 2011
A recap episode. In that regard, not off to a good start.
Apr 7, 2018 2:56 PM

Feb 2015
Very low-tension low-effort introductory episode.

It's good that they are starting us basically from a fresh start for the summer training arc, but it was a bit excessive in its simplicity and recapping. I had to skip past some of those drawn out flashback scenes; we haven't forgotten this stuff! You don't need to remind us about everyone's motivations that much. And when Deku, Todoroki and Iida were all standing there, in silence just thinking, that would be really weird and awkward in reality XD

So yeah they've just given us a slow start, it's got us back in the mood for this story and I guess it offered manservice for the fans. I'm not going to judge the series yet on this first episode, let's just see where it goes!

OP: Good video, I hope the song will grow on me. But damn that excessive autotune, definitely my least favourite UVERworld song so far.

ED: Nice little video with respect to manga. Decent sweet tune.
Apr 7, 2018 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
Kinda disappointed they started the series with a recap. It has some fun parts, but that's something you make for an OVA or a special episode, not to waste some of the slots of the episodes of the main series.

The OP was a bit disappointing, especially for UVERworld, that is until the part with the pro heroes, then things get a bit better. The ED was nice.
Apr 7, 2018 3:15 PM

Apr 2017
I was just as disappointed to find they where all wearing school swim suits
Apr 7, 2018 3:20 PM

May 2015
Well, pretty much a recap with a swimming pool segment. Not bad, it was still enjoyable, and it was a good way to get into the mood again.

It's great to see this back, and hopefully it'll be just as epic as the previous season!

Apr 7, 2018 3:24 PM

Nov 2015
The opening uploaded by FUNimation is trending on YouTube.

HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 7, 2018 3:34 PM

Apr 2015
Estou meio chateado por este episódio ser apenas um conjunto de recapitulações.
Apr 7, 2018 3:48 PM

Nov 2014
CanNOT believe Bakugo showed up lol Also a fanservice for girls?? I think lol It's so rare to see a "fanservice" with none of the females wearing any revealing clothes. GOOD JOB MANGAKA for breaking another trope!
I'm so excited for this season! If it ends where I think it'll end, then this will most likely be the best arc of this series (as of now). Plus, this season will change many's opinion and view on Bakugo. I've been waiting forever to see his character development in action. Also, MORE HIMIKO TOGA!!! BEST GIRL!!!! Can't wait to see more of her and hear more of her voice!!!

PS: Watched Tomb Raider these days and realized that "Himiko" is the perfect name for Toga lolol
Apr 7, 2018 3:52 PM

Jul 2017
It's almost as if they believe that the people who have reached this point, clearly people with some interest in this anime, have forgotten things that happened in past 2 seasons.

Recaps are the worst kind of filler, even if well done.

Suddenly, someone slaps you with a brick wall.

Apr 7, 2018 3:56 PM

May 2010
Disappointed that they're starting with a filler/recap

The OP was terrible and I usually like Uverworld
Apr 7, 2018 3:57 PM

Jul 2007
Well, I guess it will do, I expected it to be a refresher type show for at least the first episode.
Was not all that impressed with it, overall. (other than the bikini pic, so what, I'm a guy!)
Here is hoping it goes up from here, with less hero speech carp than this ep.
Apr 7, 2018 4:14 PM
Apr 2011
Did everyone forget that the 2nd season also started with a recap episode? And that one was by far worse than this one (because it was actually only 1 long recapt and nothing in-between like in this episode)
Apr 7, 2018 4:24 PM

Sep 2015
Well that was crushingly mediocre and boring. Glad to see that things didn't change one bit between season 2 and 3.

But no, as one of the only guys that thought season two was just kind of bland as hell, I have to say that this first episode caused my opinion to completely... stay exactly the same. My god, I don't think I'll ever understand why BnHA has its critical acclaim. It's the most polished generic Shounen out there, no doubt, but that's all it is. It's a slice of white bread on a golden plate with reliefs. Nice to look at, but nonetheless bland and mostly tasteless.
Apr 7, 2018 4:33 PM

Mar 2017
I cant believe how many people love this generic shounen series and unironically think its better than Naruto. Its like the MCU has warped people's minds. Deku remains of the most bland MCs in a major shounen anime and this episode was a whole lot of nothing. Everyone in BNHA looks tiny and theyre all round and chunky. Whats the point of fanservice in a show like this? I wonder if girls actually masturbated to this I dont think it even a possibility for boys.
Apr 7, 2018 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
Raidenz said:
Did everyone forget that the 2nd season also started with a recap episode? And that one was by far worse than this one (because it was actually only 1 long recapt and nothing in-between like in this episode)

I'd rather take a full recap (which is in no way excusable since seasons are airing with a gap of barely one year) instead of this fujoshi trash
Apr 7, 2018 5:04 PM
Jul 2018
I love how the first word Todoroki says all episode is "Midoriya." :^)

Jokes aside, I really liked this ep. The OP was lit~~ (╯✧▽✧)╯
Apr 7, 2018 5:05 PM

Nov 2011
Opening and Ending were good.

Im just hyped to see D-VA make her anime debut next week lol.

Tsuyu and Tooru are still best girls
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Apr 7, 2018 5:13 PM

Nov 2015
ttcchen said:
CanNOT believe Bakugo showed up lol Also a fanservice for girls?? I think lol It's so rare to see a "fanservice" with none of the females wearing any revealing clothes. GOOD JOB MANGAKA for breaking another trope!
I'm so excited for this season! If it ends where I think it'll end, then this will most likely be the best arc of this series (as of now). Plus, this season will change many's opinion and view on Bakugo. I've been waiting forever to see his character development in action. Also, MORE HIMIKO TOGA!!! BEST GIRL!!!! Can't wait to see more of her and hear more of her voice!!!

PS: Watched Tomb Raider these days and realized that "Himiko" is the perfect name for Toga lolol

The girls did have revealing clothing. Bikinis and everything.
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Apr 7, 2018 5:18 PM

Jun 2014
Pretty bland first episode.
-knockoff pool / beach episode
-full introduction to all 20 student characters, as if NO ONE has seen the first two seasons.
-flashbacks
-recap of events from literally every previous arc.
-zero content

The OP was interesting. I really liked the music. It was very Jpop-y, and was very different from the type of music you would expect from a high-action shounen anime. But the weird thing about the OP is it seems that the music and the video were created completely separate; like they made the video and just slapped a song over it. With 99% of anime OPs, cutscene transitions are on-beat with the music, character movement is sometimes on-beat, and sometimes have occasional choreography. But BnHA3 OP, the video just kinda flows at its own pace. It's not really even a negative, its just... different. Oh and 1:40 apparently Bakugo can transform into a muscle ape or titan?....
m-i-c-h-a-e-lApr 7, 2018 5:33 PM
Apr 7, 2018 5:34 PM
Mar 2018
Loved the first episode, was smiling all the way through. Nice recap of the previous two seasons and a comedic episode to ease us back into this amazing world. My favourite part: seeing how the relationship between Todoroki, Lida and Midoriya has developed through the life-threatening experiences they have been through and how that has only driven them more to become the hero's they dream of becoming.
Apr 7, 2018 5:58 PM

Oct 2017
I skipped this episode. I heard it is recap and then a generic pool episode to give some horny fucks some titties and ass. They should have cut the recap, and made the pool section an OVA for the BLURAY release. Plus if they went the OVA route, we could have a chance for some of the oneoff comics included in the manga to get adapted. Im dissatisfied as I now have to wait a week to see some of what I have read get animated. ALSO WHEN THE FUCK DOES BEST BOI IZUMI KOUTA COME IN THE ANIME?!!
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
Apr 7, 2018 6:08 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I've certainly seen worse recap episodes. At least we were able to re-live some exciting moments of the past two seasons.

It's also nice to see the group relax and have fun for a change. Such a shame we didn't get to see the girls in cute swimsuits! Mineta and Kaminari had me laughing pretty hard.

So glad this show is back for another 25 episodes!
Apr 7, 2018 6:12 PM
Aug 2017
Maybe I was just too hyped, but I was hoping for more than flashbacks...
I had fun watching, tho.
Liked the new Op, btw!
Apr 7, 2018 6:18 PM
May 2017
That was a rather unimpressive first episode. Just pool shenanigans, exposition and flashbacks. Oh well, it looks like things will get going in the next episode.
Apr 7, 2018 6:44 PM

Jan 2008
Had enough new scenes to make the recap worth it, and downplayed pool part where it's not just mindless fanservice.

For a "pool" plus recap episode, this wasn't bad at all. I hope other studios take note--this is how it's done.
Apr 7, 2018 7:10 PM
Jun 2017
already knew this was a recap episode. still pretty great, damn loving that new op
Fire Emblem anime when
Apr 7, 2018 7:19 PM

Nov 2015
Obviously this was an introduction episode along with some character interactions. Quite a lot of comedy moments which is always good to see. even shounens like this need happy and lighthearted moments. I've heard some people don't like the new OP, me personally i think its great. just have to wait for the full version. The ED reminds me of the latest Gintama ED. Showing us past events through some basic art of the characters, which i love to see. And dayum i can't wait for the villains to show. Dabi interests me the most.

Every week is going to be exciting. Judging by the OP, it will adapt the HR arc. From what I've heard its an amazing arc and might be NO.1. Obviously people have different opinions.

Katsura janai, Zura da

Apr 7, 2018 7:27 PM
Nov 2015
Not what I expected, but it was really cute. It was a nice recap of the previous seasons and gave us a glimps of what is to come in this season. The opening theme doesn’t get me pumped like the first two seasons and the ending theme isn’t captivating to me. Regardless, I’m looking forward to season three of My Hero Academia.
Apr 7, 2018 7:56 PM

Oct 2015
I can't believe the season premier is a recap episode.
Apr 7, 2018 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
mostly recap, but its understandable since its a new season, I'm pretty sure they did this at the beginning of season 2 as well. can't wait for the real plot to start!
I didn't initially love the OP or ED, maybe they'll grow on me though
Apr 7, 2018 8:53 PM

Dec 2016
Fun little recap episode that got me hyped for these characters again.

Loved the new OP, not really into the ED but I don't usually watch EDs that much anyways.

God I missed Todoroki lol
Apr 7, 2018 8:57 PM
Jul 2017
TheEnhancedExe said:
Tbh, if I hadn't read the manga, I wouldn't have known this was filler unless I read it somewhere like you did.

Really? I could tell it was filler as soon as they started recapping the plot because thats something that only happens in Anime.

I wish they'd gotten one of those .5 episodes. Or, I dunno, made it clear it was filler.

I know this is silly, and I know this is stupid, but this show really helps my mental state and I got super pumped for Season 3 of this show. I told other fans to tune in. I was posting a countdown on the half hour in this anime FB group I'm in. I stayed up till 230am by marathoning the Stain and Final Exam arcs.

I was hype.

So, having just watched Encounter, the fact that S3E1 basically recaps Shigaraki's epiphany and then turns into what is, clearly, hijinks ("beach episode") I was really bummed. I still watched it and I legit laughed my ass off when Aizawa kept Deku, Todoroki and Bakugo from having an undisputable competition, but overall the best part of the episode was that few seconds after the credits where they're all like "we're moving where the training camp is" and I got chillllllls
Apr 7, 2018 8:59 PM
Feb 2016
I love the show but this episode was all recap and a boring pool filler felt like lame fan service
Apr 7, 2018 9:11 PM
Jan 2016
lol how people give this 8 or above literally this is basically a RECAP episode with something else going on its not as bad as season 2 ep 1, however, nothing amazing. the swimming thing was cool though however the amount of recapping is absurd however its still a kids show so makes sense.
Apr 7, 2018 9:13 PM
Jul 2017
LSSJ_Gaming said:
I skipped this episode. I heard it is recap and then a generic pool episode to give some horny fucks some titties and ass. They should have cut the recap, and made the pool section an OVA for the BLURAY release. Plus if they went the OVA route, we could have a chance for some of the oneoff comics included in the manga to get adapted. Im dissatisfied as I now have to wait a week to see some of what I have read get animated. ALSO WHEN THE FUCK DOES BEST BOI IZUMI KOUTA COME IN THE ANIME?!!

I mean, there were a few good gags in here. Just fastforward through the actual recaps and you'll be fine. It's really obvious when they're about to start, and then each major plot point getting recapped is done all at once so it was REALLY easy for me to skip
Apr 7, 2018 9:23 PM

Jan 2013
Finally, it's back!
It was more than obvious what these 2 planned by going to the pool xD Midoriya destroyed their plans completely haha
5pm is 5pm, time to go home xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2018 9:47 PM
Oct 2007
A very subtle way of doing recaps lol. I think I like the ED more than OP. Glad to see the show back nonetheless! The real adventure starts next week~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2018 9:57 PM

Aug 2012
the OP was LIT! sadly the music does not match it. Ep was sort of recap/filler but good to refresh what happened in prev seasons.

someone else always have what you want, but it usually means nothing to them...
Apr 7, 2018 11:27 PM

Aug 2016
I appreciate that an Anime like this never finish, this replaces what I saw of the season 1 of Fairy Tail, thanks Bones for giving us this animation.
Apr 7, 2018 11:43 PM

Jan 2014
a pointless filler. but it's still fine.
Apr 7, 2018 11:54 PM

Jul 2016
That felt like a recap, well its nice, to build up the mood and hype for the 3rd season, from those flashbacks we have seen how much the characters have grown up, its really a hype build up episode.

I face palm with the swim race, most of them are racing in air lol xD
Apr 8, 2018 12:06 AM

Mar 2014
Holy shit UVERworld is back!

Not too much happened this ep but it was a nice recap of how far they've come in 2 seasons. Deku's got such a beautiful smile in that ED too~
Apr 8, 2018 12:11 AM
Sep 2017
I thought the episode sucked. Every two minutes pretty much there was needless recap of stuff we already know because it hasn't been long since the last season came out. I just spent the whole episode practically screaming "STOP RECAPPING EVERYTHING!" And why the hell has everyone already given the series a rating of 8.49 wen it as only just started? That's not a score based on review, that's a meaningless score based on preconception.
Apr 8, 2018 12:53 AM

Oct 2008
Remembering all those Epic moments made this recap a good welcome for the 3rd season!
OP by UVERworld was awesome!
ED by miwa was nice as well!
5/5.

Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Old_School_Akira - Aug 8, 2018

120 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:57 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

51 by Vindicater »»
Apr 20, 5:38 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 9 Discussion

joe_g7 - Aug 8, 2018

43 by Vindicater »»
Apr 17, 10:58 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2018

169 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 3:26 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2018

230 by Vindicater »»
Apr 13, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.