Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Post New Reply
Apr 6, 2018 11:43 PM
EmmKayJeeBee said:
Hey guys..
I watched Steins;Gate last year when I was new to anime.A friend recommend it to me and I watched the first episode then.It bored the fuck out of me so much that I kept checking when it would hit the 20 minute mark.So I put it on hold back then.Now a year later and I've watched some series and I am thinking of watching Steins;Gate.As it seems,it has a very high rating on MAL.So does it get less boring as the series progresses?Because i don't wanna miss out on a great anime series.

I was quite bored for the first half of the show. The second half is better, but it's pretty slow and confusing overall.

Apr 7, 2018 1:40 AM

Well it will take 11 or 12 more episodes until you reach the climax. Don't worry OP, I was also extremely bored on the first episode and you might also get extremely bored on the next 11 or 12 episode.

Apr 7, 2018 1:53 AM

Yes continue. The first half of the anime is just build up and after the 11th episode or so that's when shit gets really serious. Don't drop an anime just because the first few episodes bored you.
Don't give up, whatever the hell it is you are thinking of giving up on.

Apr 7, 2018 1:53 AM

you mean EL PSY CONGROO? but yea steinsgate is kinda boring in their first 11episodes I think? I do not remember how much episodes you had to see to be good.

TU TU RU

Apr 7, 2018 1:54 AM

Look OP, if the banana plot don't drive you away you can watch it to the very end.

Apr 7, 2018 2:10 AM

If you're bored by the first episode, you should not watch more. There are many anime out there, explore those.

Apr 7, 2018 10:14 AM

VersusXV said:

JFuji said:
Also do not be put off by liars claiming its some pandering harem show. Cuz it's not.

This confuses me because I've heard it multiple times but it's totally not.

I've seen it said a fair bit on here. I haven't watched the show in a while but I know it's not a harem. I ask these people to tell me at least 3 love interests that Okabe shuffles around and I never get an answer. I am pretty sure people that say this haven't actually watched it.

Apr 7, 2018 4:03 PM

oh lord. I shoud have dropped it then. But the score of it seems sooooo attractive. I'm on ep 6 and I'm still thinking this is boring as hell! Nothing happens!!!!! Like anything at all.
I'm hoping this will get better but for sure it won't receive anything above 6. Just too slow and the main character is stupid af.

Apr 8, 2018 9:01 AM

It is in top 3 of all time for a reason. And it has long, slow but very important build up. Of course there is a chance that you will still not like it but in other case you will miss one of the best show of all time, so your loss...

Apr 8, 2018 9:03 PM
The first 1/2 episodes were kinda slow however as it continued it picks up and becomes so detailed an interesting it becomes hard to put down. With that I'd say watch 1 or 2 more episodes see if the plot begins to hook you as there is a lot of setup for the action packed episodes later on.

Apr 9, 2018 6:57 AM

I watched three episodes and put this anime on hold for a loooong ass time, only continued yesterday and powered through to episode 19. It's got a good plot for sure but so far it's not extraordinary. I think you should continue

Apr 10, 2018 6:35 AM

I'm trying to watch all the anime with the ; (semicolon) in their name. Just finished Chaös;Head and started with Steins;Gate.

So far - after 2 episodes: Chaös;Head seemed to be interesting from the beginning already. (But got a bit worse to the end.)

Here it isn't that interesting yet. Yeah we saw something happen in episode 1 but episode 2 felt calmer and less interesting despite that stuff about the John Titor guy and the hinted time travel. I guess this will get more interesting once the plot develops. At end of episode 2 they already did something with that microwave.

Main char is a bit annoying with his "mad scientist" way of talking. (I hope that gets better and less annoying. The MC in Chaös;Head was better. But I like the fat otaku hacker guy. Girls so far seem average.)

Apr 10, 2018 6:42 AM
It gets better in 2nd half

But the anime is not as good as rating make it

Apr 11, 2018 12:44 AM
You should definitely continue watching it.
Yeah,the starting episodes are a bit boring but just continue watching and try to understand what is happening (even though you won't probably),by the end you will definitely like it.
Try not to give large gaps between each episode you see,go to next episode asap.
Forget about the rating and all while watching it because sometimes hype is what ruins a good show
Modified by Xander_Cage, Apr 11, 2018 12:47 AM

Apr 12, 2018 8:55 AM
The anime is a masterpiece but it's not for everyone if you don't like the first episode that's okay however if you like other anime that are slow paced then I would watch it. You are new to anime as you said so if I were you I would wait, don't drop it but instead wait until you feel like your taste may have changed or if you want a deep story. Steins;Gate picks up from the slow pace at episode 7 for me however the slow pace is great for the first episodes, I could explain how the first episode is one of the best but that wouldn't change your taste. Give yourself more time and then watch it. I've never met someone who watched all the way through Steins;Gate and hated it, I've met people who skip half the series when they re-watch it.

Apr 12, 2018 12:15 PM

It's a slow build, so instead of looking at the timer to see when the episode is over, try picking apart all the details in the animation because that will serve to give you even better enjoyment of the series in the future (and it will keep you entertained in the meantime).

Apr 12, 2018 12:21 PM

One episode isn't enough to judge anything, so yes.

Apr 12, 2018 12:34 PM

I haven an update of my impression: So far it seemed boring until episode 6. I now have finished episode 7 now. That was a bit more interesting. First experiment where he decided to send a mail with lottery numbers. From 1 to 6 it was boring ... I know something happened in 1 but they never picked up on it/explained it.

I guess that was for the built-up they needed and now it will slowly get better already (not only at episode 11/12) and then the big stuff at episodes 11/12 others mentioned ... looking forward to it.

Apr 13, 2018 4:51 AM

I watched the first episode and tbh I kinda dropped the show.
After one month, I was searching for some cool anime to watch and Steins;Gate was recommended in most of the videos. I thought I should give that anime another try.
I am glad I made that decision. I could have never thought I was watching one of the best anime of all time. The pacing is slow, but it's a masterpiece. It's fabulous!
Especially the last episode which is just mind-blowing!

Emilia-tan is a goddess!

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan ;)

Apr 13, 2018 4:47 PM
If you can watch durarara you can watch stein gate, it has a same storyline, you dont know wth is going on from the start but after some episode you will understand the story.
For me, stein gate is amazing anime, one of my favorite anime

Apr 15, 2018 11:45 AM

steins;gate first episode has everything that a good start should have. honestly if you don't like it you just got lost in the events or has a bad taste like idk koe no katachi on favs maybe

Apr 15, 2018 11:57 AM

In my opinion, it's boring in the beginning but gets better later on because the ideas build on each other.

Apr 16, 2018 4:18 AM

It does not matter whether you're bored or not.

What matters is that you PAY ATTENTION TO EVERYTHING because it will all pay off in the end.
Signature textified. Please follow AX3M to see what led him to this textification or see his anime list for unbelievable scores and hentai titles.

Apr 16, 2018 9:31 AM

No, drop it.

The high rating is a lie.

Apr 19, 2018 10:02 PM
If you're bored by the first episode, then you probably made the grave mistake of watching the sub.

Apr 20, 2018 7:15 PM

I'd say continue it. The first time I watched Steins;Gate I dropped it after a few episodes because I was bored. A few months later I came back to it and watched it to the end. I regretted dropping it in the first place. If at the end you decide you didn't like Steins;Gate after all, then at least you powered through and watched it.

「星を見に行こうよ!」

「In that dream, I fell in love with a girl who was kind of strange.」

Apr 20, 2018 7:53 PM

The first half of the show can be pretty slow, but it's all building up to the other half. I think if you stick with it you'll really like it, but everyone's different.

Apr 21, 2018 2:53 AM

It gets better after 8-9 episodes and this is where the story becomes complex and thrilling. Steins;gate has a slow start.
When I started watching it, I gave it 6/10 but it reached 9 till I finished. It's really a good anime.

Although if you found it boring, don't push yourself, just leave it.

Apr 21, 2018 3:14 AM

Umm, yeah,just keep watching

Apr 22, 2018 7:16 AM

The first episode shows nothing much.
Things pick up from the second onward.

Also, if you're a Western otaku, you might consider the English dub.
Ignore they naysayers, or your prejudices; it's amazing.
The voice acting is top notch, but it's the script that truly shines.

Just know that it's very intriguing till episode 11; the experiments and whatnot are interesting.
The real meat is from 12 onward.

But stick to the 3 episode rule.
If you're still not feeling the vibe after that, you can just move on.
Shit gets really interesting from near the end of episode 2 and the whole of 3 though.

Apr 23, 2018 10:39 AM
Heck i was getting bored by the 1st eleven episodes, the only thing that prevents me from dropping it was because i watched many worse anime than these. Turns out the best decision in my life to keep watching these, so just keep watching and endure it as it is all worth it in the end.

Apr 23, 2018 1:42 PM
Hmm... Let's see....

"The universe has a beginning, but no end."
Why is that statement even credible? We only hypothesized the existence of the big-bang, and as far as I'm aware, based on acceleration of expansion of the universe and the giant black-hole in the middle of our galaxy, the universe will indeed "end" so to speak. Point me to where in string theory or loop quantum gravity theory where it says that the universe has no end.

Slowness of first few episode aside, I got turned off by the 1st line of the 1st episode... Also, science fiction has to be based on some science before it's fiction. Current scientific theory is that to be able to travel back in time, you'll need to be able to travel faster than the speed of light. To do that requires infinite energy... unless they integrate tachyon in there somehow...

OTOH, if you think of time as the 4th dimension, and that we typically traverse it from location A to location B in a linear manner, then time travel is nothing more than intersecting lines of 3-dimensional universe as we know it. In which case you can't modify time-lines, only change the trajectory for which you are on.

"The stars too have a beginning, but their own power leads to their destruction."
Define "destruction." black-hole? that's only a small fraction of dead stars. Most become red giants then white dwarf. Is that considered destruction? why? What about neutron stars? So let's assume they are all considered destructions, it goes further to prove that the universe will end some day, when all the non-dark-matter destructs.

I would much rather believe in a warm-hole story or a parallel universe story *shrugs* Hey look! my twin got older so much faster than me while I'm pondering if the cat is dead or alive on my superfast spaceship...
Modified by evangellydonut, Apr 23, 2018 1:52 PM

Apr 23, 2018 3:43 PM
Steins; Gate has a very slow start, but god damn does it get good. It's very confusing at first, but by the end it will all make sense. As someone that has rewatched the series, I can tell ya every episode has so much significance which you don't see until the end.

Apr 23, 2018 4:00 PM
I think I dropped the series around 5-6th episode 1st time around... started rewatching it just now, and it's just ridiculous...

I don't care what programming language you use, at the end of the day, it's all just a bunch of boolean logic glued together with some clock and buffers and latches. "But what if it's encrypted" you may ask, and my answer to that is, a transistor is a transistor is a transistor. Even if you have some kind of real-time decryption hardware built-into the chip, at the end of the day, data has to flow through some hardware in a decrypted fashion to compute. Encrypted value of 1 + encrypted value of 2 != encrypted value of 3. You can always break-down the inherent transistor level logic to figure out what a linear computing device is doing. If you tell me the IBN5100 is an entirely different kind of computer (say a quantum computer), then I might be entertained.

"SERN created a miniature black hole" ::rolleyes::
How do you keep it stored and stable?
"Maybe we can suspend it in a vacuum that's space-like"
So the chicken and the egg problem begs the question did the black hole existed first or the vacuum?
"There's a vacuum environment inside the LHC, and when the particle accelerates to near light speed and smash into each other, the matter anti-matter and all the alpha and gamma radiations happen to occupy the right n-dimensional space to create a black hole and suspending it in vacuum"

I don't know enough particle physics to refute that. So let's say it's hypothetically possible. How would SERN use this black-hole? It's a singularity that consumes all matter with no way to escape. Warm-holes are more likely to bend space-time and let you travel through the time-space continuum.

The best I can say is that the author wrote a good fictional story, but an extremely poor science fiction. Gene Roddenberry and the Wachowski brothers were far, far, far better "science fiction" screen writers.

"You are just as narrow-minded as Christina!"
Sure, I'll accept that. But in the mean time, prove me wrong.
Modified by evangellydonut, Apr 23, 2018 4:33 PM

Apr 24, 2018 5:09 AM
This is my favorite anime so far, it does have a slow start, it gets extremely interesting from episode 13 and up, the ending of episode 12 is the start of it all. You will feel like you're watching a completely new anime from episode 13 and up.

Don't judge a series for the first couple of episodes, you need to judge it from the builds up and in this case is episode 13 and up. Best anime ever!

Apr 24, 2018 7:15 PM
Pullman said:
I seriously don't get how anyone can be bored by the first ep of Steins;Gate. It's full of stuff happening, mystery hints, sci-fi shenanigans and the fabulous MC being his entertaining self. I was hooked immediately. If that bores you, I honestly don't know what wouldn't bore you. 95% of first episodes I've seen had less stuff going on and were just less exciting. Doesn't mean they were better, but excitingness is the one thing S;G doesn't lack. It doesn't get much more eventful than that show.

Still confused where it gets its reputation of being boring early on, it was exciting from the start and I'd even say some of the middle or later parts are among the worst of the show because of how silly and pandering it can get at times.

Fully agree here with you,I might sound weird here but I would say that I enjoyed first half more than second half,first half was all about uncovering clues one after the another with good comedy,the first half was amazing and the way fans were describing 2nd half I was expecting some god tier episodes but the 2nd half was more about drama,the mystery and thriller part somehow took a little bit of backseat.The 2nd half was very good but it just felt short of expectations.But to be clear I really love this anime and I remember watching OVA,shorts,movie immediately after the series and even played some of the VN on the same day to tone down my hunger for steins;gate.
Modified by CoreFinder, Apr 24, 2018 7:33 PM

Apr 27, 2018 10:56 AM
Here to share you my experience. I remembered myself taking 3 tries before I had the urge to finish the first episode.

>First try: i saw this on top anime. Dropped it before 10mins.
>2nd try: months later, a friend told me it's good. Dropped it around the 15th minute.
>3rd try: about a year after my first try, another friend told me to bear with the first 6-8 eps. Steeled myself through the first ep. Got curious on why the red-haired girl did not die at the end of the episode. Managed to finish the whole thing in one night.

And now I'm still freakin' in love with this series after more than 3 years.

May 22, 3:27 AM
Watch till the end because the connection of the climax story with each and every scene of the first episode will give u goosebumps

Jun 27, 7:02 AM

evangellydonut said:
I don't care what programming language you use, at the end of the day, it's all just a bunch of boolean logic glued together with some clock and buffers and latches. "But what if it's encrypted" you may ask, and my answer to that is, a transistor is a transistor is a transistor. Even if you have some kind of real-time decryption hardware built-into the chip, at the end of the day, data has to flow through some hardware in a decrypted fashion to compute. Encrypted value of 1 + encrypted value of 2 != encrypted value of 3. You can always break-down the inherent transistor level logic to figure out what a linear computing device is doing. If you tell me the IBN5100 is an entirely different kind of computer (say a quantum computer), then I might be entertained.

You're talking utter shit. Search for Jonhn Titor. That IBM thing was not invented by the creators of the story, it's "something in our reality". It's based on something real.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 2, 6:19 PM

I read the manga idk why the anime felt boring (borrowed both from the library). maybe because it was more interesting the first time around but I don't feel motivated to watch the anime + anime slump

Jul 3, 7:18 AM
Well , I went through your profile and saw that you gave it a rating of 9, so I guess by the end you liked it haha

Jul 3, 7:51 AM

^ damn lol I guess that's one more motivation for me to continue watching the series..

The first few episodes are kinda intriguing but it doesn't do anything to make me want to watch more.. it's kind of like how I still like Death Note but by episode 20 I just stop watching no matter how much I think I like it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control

Jul 3, 7:56 AM

The first Steins;gate episode bore me too, but I continued and loved it. So, I suggest continuing.

Jul 4, 1:03 AM
sunsetocean said:
I read the manga idk why the anime felt boring (borrowed both from the library). maybe because it was more interesting the first time around but I don't feel motivated to watch the anime + anime slump

Did you know that this is not a manga adaptation? The source material is Visual Novel game, the anime adapts that visual novel. The manga is also an other adaptation of that Visual Novel, and I've heard the manga is bad.

Jul 4, 11:52 AM

SheevPalpatine said:
sunsetocean said:

Did you know that this is not a manga adaptation? The source material is Visual Novel game, the anime adapts that visual novel. The manga is also an other adaptation of that Visual Novel, and I've heard the manga is bad.

yeah I know that, just saying I read the manga first so now I tried the anime since the dvd's available at the library. that is all.

Jul 6, 11:17 PM
Well... to be honest don’t force yourself. It’s been deemed one of the if not the greatest anime/tv series of all time, and I honestly can relate. It took me on a week long roller coaster And destroyed my emotions episode after episode. It’s famous for its story, but also for its heartbreaking moments at times. If you don’t like anime that really impact you emotionally, steins;gate probably isn’t for you... but at the same time it’s fun to try something new and if you watch more and don’t like it that’s fine, no one is forcing you too. It’s all your choice chief.

Jul 9, 6:36 PM
This show confused me for the first few episodes but I can honestly it has become one of my all time favorite anime, so keep watching and I promise you will get hooked.

Jul 9, 7:22 PM

Try to reach episode 12 at least, normally that is the part where things get more intense.

Jul 10, 2:01 PM
If you’re really unsure and want to see where it goes, watch episode 12 and then decide. It really starts to pick up from episode 12, and that’s what gets it such a high rating

Jul 10, 2:04 PM

Yes it get better letter on. It has a slow start and sets bunch of things up for future, just be patient it will pay of. It picks up the pace from ep 12 if I remember correctly.

X s t a s y
❤️Dream as if you’ll live forever, live as if you’ll die today❤️

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »