Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 4, 2018 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
So first off i'd like to say the overlord series is my personal favorit so far! Actually beats my first favorit in terms of enjoyment wich was Death Note, remember this is my personal opinion so please do not be offended.

So my first question is directed to you guys [ Are you gonna wait until all episodes are out on Overlord S3 or are you gonna watch them weekly? ]

Personally i watched Overlord S2 Weekly and it was very painful so i'm thinking of starting to watch Overlord S3 about 2 months after the release of the first epiosde

Second Question is [ witch Light Novell volumes will Season 3 cover? ]

I know that S1 covered Volume 1 - 3 and Season 2 covered 4 - 6 but i am just curious since i don't read the Light Novell although i am a diehard fan of Overlord

Last question! [ Is it confirmed how many episodes it will be? ]
Apr 4, 2018 1:39 PM

Feb 2018
Just read the light novels they are much better epecially the ones that were covered in s2 (compared,to the anime)
Apr 4, 2018 2:03 PM

Jul 2016
xShinigami3125 said:
Just read the light novels they are much better epecially the ones that were covered in s2 (compared,to the anime)
No can do, Hate reading manga, so for me to read a Light novel would be worse :/

What i mean is that i hate reading in general, i only read subtitles :P
Apr 4, 2018 2:24 PM

Feb 2018
Unyversu said:
xShinigami3125 said:
No can do, Hate reading manga, so for me to read a Light novel would be worse :/

trust me you are missing so much the anime left out so many details and rushed everything
Apr 4, 2018 2:28 PM
Jul 2015
Unyversu said:
xShinigami3125 said:

I agree. The book have a lot of information that don't go into the anime.
And if you enjoy Youjo Senki (which I saw you do, please read the light novel. 10x more information!) althought the anime is awesome (one of my favourites as well)
perkunos.blogspot.com
Apr 4, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2012
Unyversu said:
xShinigami3125 said:

The funny thing is, I personally hate reading manga more than Light Novels because the paneling is more of a hassle than straight up reading sometimes. Light novels are suprisingly easy for me to read.
Apr 4, 2018 2:39 PM

Apr 2017
There's going to be a third season? WHHHHHHHHHHY?
Apr 4, 2018 2:46 PM

Apr 2015
I believe season 3 will most likely cover

Mod Edit: Added spoiler tag
NoLiferSoulApr 5, 2018 1:52 PM
Apr 4, 2018 3:08 PM

Feb 2015
Unyversu said:

So my first question is directed to you guys [ Are you gonna wait until all episodes are out on Overlord S3 or are you gonna watch them weekly? ]

I will watch them weekly.It's painful to watch them weekly, but I don't like waiting till the anime ends.

Unyversu said:

Probably they will cover vol 7,9 and 10 and make a ova with vol 8.

Unyversu said:

Not confirmed till now.
Apr 4, 2018 4:59 PM

Jul 2016
xove said:
Unyversu said:

I will watch them weekly.It's painful to watch them weekly, but I don't like waiting till the anime ends.

Unyversu said:

Probably they will cover vol 7,9 and 10 and make a ova with vol 8.

Unyversu said:

Not confirmed till now.
You're the first one to answer my questions good sir! :) Thanks alot for all of this info
Apr 4, 2018 5:11 PM

Mar 2017
I'd rather they just cover Vol 7 in 13 episodes. If there's not enough material, make more. Grab a good writer and make some anime exclusive contents. Easy. Why hurry up to the point that the anime catches up to the LN and has to wind down over having constant content for the next couple of years, allowing the LN to comfortably keep its head start.
EankiApr 4, 2018 5:18 PM
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Apr 4, 2018 5:21 PM

Feb 2017
-first question: i will watch it weekly, i guess im a bit patient
-second question(what was it....ohh ri8): i dont know how many vol. it will cover but it will continue from the 'The Invaders of the Large Tomb Arc' to Volume 9 according to inquisitr
-third question: tis gonna be a 13 ep series

just check out d linked 4 more info--https://www.inquisitr.com/4748968/overlord-season-3-release-date-overlord-anime-spoilers-manga-kugane-maruyama-light-novel/

Apr 5, 2018 12:34 PM

Feb 2015
Unyversu said:
You're the first one to answer my questions good sir! :) Thanks alot for all of this info

Np :) . btw the majority of the information related to the 3 season is a puzzle, wait till july to get the full picture of the season.
Apr 5, 2018 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
Moved from Anime Discussion
Swagernator said:
@NoLiferSoul did nothing wrong!

Ardanaz said:
@Nolifersoul did nothing wrong
Apr 5, 2018 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
Question 1: I'll wait to watch all the episodes in one go when it's already finished airing. Waiting one week for each episode ruins the experience, in my opinion.
Question 2: I think it will adapt volumes 7, 8, and 9. And I hope they do it with 25 episodes this time, and not just 13 episodes that just aren't enough. I have very little hope for this, though.
Question 3: No, I don't think it has been confirmed yet.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 5, 2018 3:07 PM

Nov 2017
Are you gonna wait until all episodes are out on Overlord S3 or are you gonna watch them weekly?

It’s Overlord, so yeah, I’m going to watch it weekly.

Which Light Novel volumes will Season 3 cover?

They will cover 3 Volumes each, which means that they will cover Volumes 7,8 & 9.

Is it confirmed how many episodes it will be?

13, most likely.
Signature removed. Please don’t follow the signature rules, and join the Loli Protection Club.
Apr 5, 2018 3:27 PM

May 2016
>die hard fan
>doesn't read superior ln

Honestly, not a fan of reading myself, but I was so in love with the series after finishing the first series I just had to read them. They're much better than the anime.
Apr 5, 2018 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
can anyone briefly, in 3-4 sentences spoil me what information was not in the anime in the 1-6 volumes?
Apr 5, 2018 3:45 PM

Nov 2013
Maelstrom said:
can anyone briefly, in 3-4 sentences spoil me what information was not in the anime in the 1-6 volumes?

The anime only shows what the characters do and say. But the novel also shows what the characters are thinking. And this is a very important aspect of the series, in my opinion, that turns it into a very complex psychological one.
But no, there's no way I can tell you in 3-4 sentences all the information that is lost in the anime because of the lack of the psychological process. There's really a lot of information being told in the story only through their thoughts. So you really should read the novel.
ColtBuntlineApr 5, 2018 3:52 PM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Apr 5, 2018 5:03 PM

Jul 2016
Nimura_Furuta said:
>die hard fan

Honestly, not a fan of reading myself, but I was so in love with the series after finishing the first series I just had to read them. They're much better than the anime.
Knew i would get this comment, I am a die hard fan trust me, i can't sleep well because the only thing i think about at night is Overlord no joke, but i just cannot be arsed to read >.<
Apr 5, 2018 5:11 PM

Nov 2013
Unyversu said:
Nimura_Furuta said:
>die hard fan

Knew i would get this comment, I am a die hard fan trust me, i can't sleep well because the only thing i think about at night is Overlord no joke, but i just cannot be arsed to read >.<

Start reading Overlord for only 5 minutes everyday. And increase 5 minutes to the routine every week. You will gradually start to enjoy reading, and when you see you will be already reading the latest volume asking for more.
― Saint Augustine
Apr 5, 2018 11:15 PM
May 2017
i watched s2 weekly and i will robs do the same with s3 but thats only because i have read the ln if i dont know the story of an anime i wait till its finished airing to watch
Apr 7, 2018 8:28 AM

Feb 2015
Will they skip vol 8 thats the question.
Apr 7, 2018 2:21 PM

Feb 2017
@Unyversu
Dam it bro, I Agree with everything you say even the replies and the nighty one :p.

For me I was thinking about your questions when it was announced.

I have my brother watching the anime too so when ever the first in the third season vol end i will start watching it. Mostly i will not watch it, till it ends.

Hmmmmmmmm, they covered 3 vols the first season and 3 vols the seacond season sooo 3 vols the third season!! Banzai.

Lets pray for 24 eps and 6 vols. Daaaam it.
Apr 7, 2018 4:54 PM

Nov 2013
Crashmatt said:
Will they skip vol 8 thats the question.

I really hope they don't.
How could they skip important scenes such as this and this?
ColtBuntlineApr 7, 2018 8:38 PM
― Saint Augustine
Apr 7, 2018 5:05 PM

May 2016
Unyversu said:
Nimura_Furuta said:
>die hard fan

You can't really claim to be a die hard fan of something and not actually read it, I know reading isn't for everyone, but quite a claim to make.

Just give the novels a try, they're worth reading.
Apr 7, 2018 10:08 PM

Jul 2016
Overlord & One Piece are the ONLY Anime shows, so far, I gave a 10 to them.
I'm just thrilled, hyped and what not, about that up-coming third season.

"We become what we think about"

If you want to succeed in life, plant the next goal you want to achieve in your brain, and work toward achieving that goal. write as specifically as you can the path you need to go through to get to the goal, and If that is really what you wished for, work toward it, and you will achieve it.
Blog

Apr 7, 2018 10:27 PM

Apr 2015
xShinigami3125 said:

Where are you reading the LN?
Apr 8, 2018 1:09 AM

Feb 2018
-thinking- said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Where are you reading the LN?

Just google overlord light novel read online u ll find it all
Apr 8, 2018 6:53 PM
Jun 2017
1. I'm probably going to do the same as you. I watched S2 episodes as they aired and found myself losing hype (though that may be because S2 was boring)

2. I have no idea. I haven't read the LNs but I have read the synopses and from what I've read, it's gonna be lit.

3. Don't k ow how many episodes there'll be but we can assume 12 or 13 - considering how close S2 and S3 are
Apr 9, 2018 4:47 PM

Apr 2013
xShinigami3125 said:
Unyversu said:

trust me you are missing so much the anime left out so many details and rushed everything

I can go back and read material I've already covered, but I really prefer my first experience to be with images, music, voices, etc.

Then I can go back and pick up on the finer details the adaption missed out on.

Apr 9, 2018 10:07 PM

Feb 2018
Cream_Soda said:
xShinigami3125 said:

I can go back and read material I've already covered, but I really prefer my first experience to be with images, music, voices, etc.

Then I can go back and pick up on the finer details the adaption missed out on.

Well then good luck waiting a decade until the anime catches up with the light novel
Apr 10, 2018 7:58 AM
Aug 2017
I just hope they don't waste precious anime episodes in "filler" volumes (the lame lizards) or boring characters. The fucking climb got too much screen in season 2, and it's a fucking shitty character whose just ends being useless and seems more like a generic weak shit human. Brain/tsuare are way better.

I heard Vol.8 is some kind of "filler". Maybe the studio would consider giving the season for vols 7 and 9 and vol.8 for OVA, as someone else said above. It's better to avoid rushing too much also.
Apr 10, 2018 8:00 AM
Mar 2018
xShinigami3125 said:

Well then good luck waiting a decade until the anime catches up with the light novel

Season 3 will conclude events at the end of volume 9 or 10.
Considering latest volume 13 to be released at April 27th, only 1 season will be needed to catch up.
Apr 10, 2018 8:10 AM

Feb 2018
ExcelsiorUA said:
xShinigami3125 said:

Season 3 will conclude events at the end of volume 9 or 10.
Considering latest volume 13 to be released at April 27th, only 1 season will be needed to catch up.
Yea a decade was a little exaggerated but it could very well talke a few years if you are willing to wait that long then do as you please.
Apr 10, 2018 8:15 AM
Mar 2018
Its all personal. I'll myself order all japanese volumes when 13th will be released.
But for people who dont like to read, its OK to wait some year or two, story will be quite colorful in anime.
Apr 18, 2018 12:17 PM
Sep 2015
I don't even understand what "wait until all episodes are out" means.
While covering volumes 7-9 is possibility I woudn't say it's certain because they'll need to drop the formula anyway in next season. Volume 12, 13 (and who knows maybe even 14) cover single arc. Another reason for extending is because vol 11 ends with great cliffhanger.

While it's not confirmed I'd say it will be 24-26 episodes for vol 7-11 allowing season 4 to start with a "bang".
Apr 18, 2018 12:37 PM

Feb 2016
Are you gonna wait until all episodes are out on Overlord S3 or are you gonna watch them weekly? - Weekly, being that Overlord is also a favorite of mine it definitely gets put on my schedule to watch as they air.

Personally i watched Overlord S2 Weekly and it was very painful so i'm thinking of starting to watch Overlord S3 about 2 months after the release of the first epiosde - Personal preference, nothing wrong with it. I don't mind watching week to week, depending on the anime. Namely if it's not something I'm that big on/fan of, I won't.

So I've let some Winter releases like Citrus & The Ryuo's Work is Never Done! run rather than watching week to week. Although... frankly I also forgot about them entirely until a few days ago, lol.

Same goes for some sequels though (it's not just new adapations), like I'm going to let High School DxD Hero run it's course before I watch. Rather wait and be able to watch multiple episodes or even binge it in one go.

witch Light Novell volumes will Season 3 cover? / Is it confirmed how many episodes it will be? - Can only speculate.

https://www.inquisitr.com/4748968/overlord-season-3-release-date-overlord-anime-spoilers-manga-kugane-maruyama-light-novel/

The only disappointment for fans is that the Overlord 2 anime was only a single-cour season rather than a lengthy two-cour season. That meant the finale in Overlord 2 Episode 13 aired on April 3, 2018. Madhouse director Naoyuki Itou was only able to cover the conflict with the lizard man heroes and the kingdom of Re-Estize.

The good news is that Overlord Season 3 (which will be titled Overlord 3 or Overlord III) could happen sooner, rather than later, because of the short season. The first season covered the events of three books and the second season covered volumes 4 through 6 (Episode 12: The Final Battle of the Disturbance was named after a chapter in Volume 6). That means the third season of Overlord is likely to cover the next three books with another single-cour season of 13 episodes since Volume 9 ends with a good stopping point for the anime adaptation.

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Apr 21, 2018 5:43 AM

Jan 2010
Unyversu said:

Personally i watched Overlord S2 Weekly and it was very painful so i'm thinking of starting to watch Overlord S3 about 2 months after the release of the first epiosde

I tried that with a couple of shows, but unfortunately the internet and friends ruined it.

Also, like others have posted, I really hope they don't waste time on side characters and fillers. For me, season 1 was a 10 and I still re-watch some episodes once in a while. But season 2 was weak and I ended up giving it a 6.
"Seize the time, Meribor - live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again." - Captain Jean-Luc Picard.
May 7, 2018 3:23 PM
Oct 2016
It would make sense if they covered the whole invasion of Nazaric and War arc, I can't see them fitting in the Dwarf arc or any of the Holy Kingdom, so I'd say Volumes 7-9 (maybe 10, because it fits in with 7-9). And I really hope they skip the tropey Japanese parts, like the hot springs. I didn't read the LN, WN, and manga for this, and I am not watching the anime for this. It all seems horribly out of place when considering the seriousness and content of the Overlord series. That's just my opinion though

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 2 Discussion

ichii_1 - Aug 8, 2018

42 by VickRune »»
Mar 3, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2018

267 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2018

220 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 9:16 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2018

177 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:51 AM

Poll: » Overlord III Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2018

166 by BlueSnow93 »»
Feb 12, 8:20 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.